PDA

View Full Version : Infuriating Port Forwarding Problem

desperado421
April 10th, 2019, 01:38
Let me preface this by saying that I spent the good portion of 6hrs over the last 2 days trying to fix this. I live in Japan and use Hikari Giga.

Things already done:

1) ipconfig /all (to get all info necessary)

2) netstat -a -n (to check connections)

3) Created Inbound Rule on Windows firewall allowing port 1802 access (TCP)

4) I have an elecom router and port forwarded 1802 (TCP) (also tried with the TCP/UDP option)

5) Due to multiple run test attempts and failures I made a DMZ.

6)I went to portchecker.com to check port 1802 before and after. It was always closed. Then I went to Resource Monitor in Windows > Network > Listening Ports and found fantasy grounds after starting my campaign. While the 1802 port said "Allowed, not restricted" we tried to get access (via a friend) to the FG campaign. Connection Failure. When checking portchecker (port 1802) while FG campaign was running, closed.

7) I factory reset the router twice and re added all the previous router materials.

I use Steam and have hosted dedicated servers for ARK and Factorio, we tried to set up FG to go through their ports by adding "Example -p34719" to the end of the properties to the FantasyGrounds.exe, failure. (We even tried regular Steam ports like 25555) Also portchecker says closed.

After hours of frustration, I disabled the Windows Firewall entirely for the purposes of testing FG (run test), failure.

The only thing left I can think of is the port is being blocked by my ISP.

Ideas?

damned
April 10th, 2019, 02:36
welcome desperado

read this post: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?47051-Fantasy-Grounds-Connections-Explained and answer the 7 questions and we will go from there

hopefully we can get you up and running!

CalebJones
December 11th, 2020, 23:14
Can anyone give an actual F***** answer. I have done all of this and it still doesn't work. I have given your company over $200. MAKE IT WORK

LordEntrails
December 11th, 2020, 23:36
Can anyone give an actual F***** answer. I have done all of this and it still doesn't work. I have given your company over $200. MAKE IT WORK

Please post the answers to the questions in the link in the post before your post. Telling us you have done everything does not actually give us the information we need to help you.

CalebJones
December 11th, 2020, 23:45
Cool story. No. Fix it or refund me. I'm over it at this point. I have port forwarded. I have turned the firewall off completely, uninstalled my antivirus. STILL IS NOT WORKING

damned
December 11th, 2020, 23:59
If you post your answers to the questions here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?47051-Fantasy-Grounds-Connections-Explained we will help you find the issue. Otherwise we have no idea what you have done, what you havent done, what you have understood or not.

CalebJones
December 12th, 2020, 00:01
You have the information needed. If you can't fix it I need a refund and honestly with how frustrating this whole process has been I am leaning towards a refund anyway

damned
December 12th, 2020, 00:22

Cool story. No. Fix it or refund me. I'm over it at this point. I have port forwarded. I have turned the firewall off completely, uninstalled my antivirus. STILL IS NOT WORKING

You have the information needed. If you can't fix it I need a refund and honestly with how frustrating this whole process has been I am leaning towards a refund anyway

Ok lets recap in case anyone missed anything - this is what you have told us -

You have answers but you dont like them
You like colorful language
You have done something and something doesnt work
You have given someone over $200
You feel that shouting is a good method of getting your point across

next you told us

You like stories
You are succinct and
You are an efficient negotiator
You want a refund for something but we dont know what
You have done something called "port forward" but not what you forwarded to where
You have turned off something called a "firewall" but i dont see instructions to do that so Im not sure what it has to do with this
You have uninstalled something called "antivirus" but i dont see instructions to do that so Im not sure what it has to do with this
Something isnt working

next you told us

That you believe that any of the above is actually useful in some way
That you want a refund for something but we still dont know what
That you are having a crappy day and you want a refund again

--

People here are volunteers and have twice offered to help you if you provide some meaningful information
Right now you are wasting your time and everyone elses time - people are (or at least were) willing to try and help
No one here can give you a refund
We cant even advise you if you are eligible for one because you dont share anything useful with us
If you just bought the product in the last 30 days you can get a refund - but honestly if you just bought it why dont you use the FGU Cloud Broker which doesnt need port forwarding?