PDA

View Full Version : LFDM Mondays 715-10pm EST 5E Lost Mines 4-5 Players

Cdub
April 10th, 2019, 01:13
We are a group of 4-5 new D&D players looking for a DM to run us through the Lost Mines of Phamdelver. All of us are 30+ and have a lot of board game and console RPG experience. Willing to gift an item or 2 if it helps the cause.

Cdub
April 11th, 2019, 00:27
Did I mention we are real cool and a lot of fun??

Bluedragon1203
April 11th, 2019, 19:17
Haha, I love your "lot of fun" comment! If I wasn't burnt out on DMing, I'd offer to help you guys. Good luck in your search though!!

Cdub
April 11th, 2019, 21:38
We are all brand new so I'm sure it will be quite humorous for the DM. And if we don't find one it will be a good learning experience for one of us.

Bluedragon1203
April 11th, 2019, 21:40
Haha, I think it's a lot of fun when everyone is at the same experience level!

Also, I did act as Keeper/DM for Call of Cthulhu before I ever played it as a player, so that's possible too! But I'm sure you'll find a DM who is willing to help you all out!

Wedge35
May 5th, 2019, 02:01
Just wondering if you got the campaign started.
Im new to FG and new to D&D. Bought the D&D Players Handbook and been watching Critical Role and alot of other youtube videos trying to learn the rules and the characters. Looking for an older group as I am in my mid 40's and would like to start in LMoP as a good learning curve and develop a character from the ground up. Very familiar with the Waterdeep/Luskin area from the R.A. Salvatore Drizzit series. Have read all the books and all the spin off's.

Sleepylando
May 13th, 2019, 05:58
Y'all still looking for a DM?

I'm a noob myself but have been studying the books for almost a year now

DwightLee
May 13th, 2019, 14:46
Hmmmmmm I actually prefer new players, and strongly prefer older players ( im 64 ) if I was not neck deep running my homebrew campaign, Id do it. Still tempted. I alter LMoP somewhat, several added maps, and alterations to the story line. if you asked me about 2 months from now I would volunteer

FuzzyBunny
May 14th, 2019, 02:53
Did you ever find a DM?

Interested as a player

LeJohn

Wedge35
May 14th, 2019, 04:38
@DwightLee That sound interesting, you adding to LMoP, I would like to play that especially with added options. I actually start my new job in July. Im a High school Math teacher and moving to a year round school, that is why im starting in July.

DwightLee
May 14th, 2019, 05:21
Well I noticed many maps are not included in the campaign, and there were a couple of story elements that I thought should go differently. I also use Syrenscape, and am adding background sounds to the adventure. This would require all players to be in Discord for communications, I would create a separate Discord server for the game of course. I am a very Old School DM, I do not allow evil characters in my campaigns ( as I tend to be Tolkenish in my good vs bad campaigns ) However I am very accommodating in other aspects. I prefer games where the players get into the story, and not into the mechanics of RPG's which is why I really prefer newer players not lost in the mechanics of role playing games. People new to both D&D and to Fantasy Grounds are my favorites. I also strongly prefer low level games, when characters reach 7th level or so, it becomes less fun. ( my own opinion ). I tend to alter NPC's, in my homebrew campaign every single creature in the game is altered, Orcs have levels, and classes for example.

assassinabby
May 14th, 2019, 09:47
hi new to the game looking for a group as player

Erwinn
May 14th, 2019, 22:03
I am interested in possibly running this campaign for you. Very new to Fantasy Grounds and just back to D&D after a long, long (30 years) break. If you are interested please let me know. I am older late 40's and your time frame fits my schedule. Would need patience as I learn the FG system. I own an ultimate license and most of the content for 5e already.

Wedge35
May 15th, 2019, 02:11
Erwinn, what time zone are you and what day of the week will work for you? Im interested to learn and patience is my middle name.......Im a HS math teacher......lol......

Erwinn
May 15th, 2019, 19:29
I am in central time zone. The Monday schedule in the title will work for me.