PDA

View Full Version : MoreCore Attribute Modifier

VenomousFiligree
April 9th, 2019, 23:25
Using MoreCore for my system an attribute should modify the dice roll by its value.

The attached image shows two ways that I can see this being done. I would like to have an assignable value to an attribute name, as in AttributeB, however the button and tooltip identify it as a "roll" rather than a "modifier".

Am I doing something wrong?

wndrngdru
April 9th, 2019, 23:54
Using MoreCore for my system an attribute should modify the dice roll by its value.

The attached image shows two ways that I can see this being done. I would like to have an assignable value to an attribute name, as in AttributeB, however the button and tooltip identify it as a "roll" rather than a "modifier".

Am I doing something wrong?

I wouldn't say you're doing something wrong, but what you're doing won't get you what you're looking for.:D

Here's an example roll I have set up for Dungeon World. Create your roll to use the parameter of the attribute as a reference. Then when the attribute modifier changes, the roll is automatically updated.

damned
April 10th, 2019, 00:02
Im not following what you are saying.

You could create something like this:

Strength
<whatever roll>
enable parameters
hide p3
set p1 name as Score and p2 name as Modifier
set values (eg Str Score 16 Modifier 2)

Then in your Roll - eg Hack and Slash (Dungeon World)
roll /pbta 2d6
enable paramaters
hide p2 p3
param formula /pbta 2d6+(a)+(p1)
drag Strength p2 to Ref Field A

Then when you Roll on Hack and Slash it will do /pbta 2d6+2
If there is something else that gives that player another +1 in Hack and Slash you would add that to Hack and Slash p1
and then the roll would be /pbta 2d6+2+1
And if you change your Strength all the Rolls that use Strength will get updated automatically

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=27000

damned
April 10th, 2019, 00:09
I wouldn't say you're doing something wrong, but what you're doing won't get you what you're looking for.:D

Here's an example roll I have set up for Dungeon World. Create your roll to use the parameter of the attribute as a reference. Then when the attribute modifier changes, the roll is automatically updated.

Nice wndrngdru

You do it a slightly different way to me but same end result.

wndrngdru
April 10th, 2019, 00:23
Nice wndrngdru

You do it a slightly different way to me but same end result.

Yeah, I prefer a visual of which Attribute I'm pulling from instead of a just a db reference.

damned
April 10th, 2019, 00:49
Yeah, I prefer a visual of which Attribute I'm pulling from instead of a just a db reference.

they are exactly the same - you just dragged the whole attribute in and used its subvalues and I dragged the subvalue in.

wndrngdru
April 10th, 2019, 01:14
they are exactly the same - you just dragged the whole attribute in and used its subvalues and I dragged the subvalue in.

I realize they are functionally the same. If you look at the attached pic you'll see what I'm talking about.
Reference (a) is the full Charisma attribute, Reference (b) was "accidentally" dragged from the Constitution Modifier.
I wouldn't know there was an error until I rolled and didn't get the result I was expecting. I drag the full attribute for the sole reason of confirming I grabbed what I meant to. My mouse targeting isn't always the best. :D

VenomousFiligree
April 10th, 2019, 06:10
I just want the attribute to be a modifier, I dont want it associated with a roll (at the moment). AttributeB (in my attached image) does what I want, however the associated icon and tooltip, appears to be incorrect. Not a game breaker, just annoying.

damned
April 10th, 2019, 06:28
Click in AttibuteB 1 Dice String field and then click somewhere else.
You can change the hover text on the p1 field via the p1 Name field.

VenomousFiligree
April 10th, 2019, 06:33
Click in AttibuteB 1 Dice String field and then click somewhere else.
That did exactly what I wanted, thanks!