PDA

View Full Version : Custom Skill Question

crypsis
April 8th, 2019, 22:35
Hello,

I've tried creating a custom set of skills for an upcoming Zombie campaign I'm going to run some friends through, I followed a couple posts on creating .ext files and replacing the normal skills with mine. I made a .ext for the skill replacement but when I load it I get the following when creating a character and checking the skill links, the .ext is loaded and my .mod file:

Here is my .ext file, maybe I just missed something stupid.

Thanks for any help.

damned
April 8th, 2019, 23:19
You might try manually creating two skills and exporting them to a .mod and then load that Mod and retest?

crypsis
April 8th, 2019, 23:45
You might try manually creating two skills and exporting them to a .mod and then load that Mod and retest?

Hello,

I think that is what I originally did with my .mod, (I'll attach that also), I created the skills and copied the ones from 5E to modify, added a custom class and backgrounds. Do you mean adding skills to the sheet manually?

If I load my .mod and the Players Handbook the skills from the Players Handbook link, but not my copied or custom skills even with my .mod loaded too.

But I can load them from the skill button.

Trenloe
April 9th, 2019, 06:03
Quick post as I'm on my phone.

For the wildcard links to work the skill node names in the module need to be the name of the skill, not a numerical id-xxxxx name (which is created if you export a module from a campaign). You'll need to manually rename the nodes.

I've covered this in one of my threads on custom skills.

crypsis
April 9th, 2019, 11:31
Quick post as I'm on my phone.

For the wildcard links to work the skill node names in the module need to be the name of the skill, not a numerical id-xxxxx name (which is created if you export a module from a campaign). You'll need to manually rename the nodes.

I've covered this in one of my threads on custom skills.

I'll do a search for this later, I'm at work now. Thanks for all the help.

Trenloe
April 9th, 2019, 11:35
I'll do a search for this later, I'm at work now. Thanks for all the help.
Here’s an example: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?42217-Custom-skills&p=374785&viewfull=1#post374785

And also some info in post #9 of that thread.

crypsis
April 9th, 2019, 23:11
Here’s an example: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?42217-Custom-skills&p=374785&viewfull=1#post374785

And also some info in post #9 of that thread.

Hello,

OK, I saved as Read Only and changed the names, it now works as links.

Thanks for all the help, I should have searched deeper and found that original post.

One last thing if I modify the .mod to add more and re-save I'm guessing I will have to repeat the steps again, just checking because I still have more to finish.

Thanks

Trenloe
April 10th, 2019, 13:29
One last thing if I modify the .mod to add more and re-save I'm guessing I will have to repeat the steps again...
Yes.