PDA

View Full Version : Win 10 Steam Install Failure: UpdaterEngine Unable to Restart FantasyGrounds.exe

knucklehead
April 8th, 2019, 02:06
Fixed. I was using FG forum account key info, instead of the key provided by steam. The update log does say check your key, but maybe the wording could appear more urgent on a first time installation. No reason to scroll past updating all the dlc when the engine itself was never installed. :)

Update: Seems to be a license key issue, based on the first line of the updater log saying "check your license." I removed the key from the field in the updater window and FG installed. I'm taking it directly from my purchase history here, so I'll try again and see if I have a different key to use through steam. :/

First time I've ever had an issue installing FG through Steam on any windows 10 machine.

Updater will grab all the purchased modules, steam purchase link seems fine, it accepts my FG login credentials, but once update is complete it just dies with the following error alert.

Also noticed an error message at the very beginning asking me to check my license key.

The FG Data folder appears to be created and populated just fine whether I leave it in app/data/roaming/blah/blah/blah or somewhere else, but the FG folder itself, regardless of location (in program files x86 or right off root on another drive) is absolutely empty, even with show hidden.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, steam file integrity check seems useless since it only checks the installer. Firewall is working fine, but double checked it anyway. Windows Defender has exclusions for every directory I've tried installing.

I've run updater as admin, even.

Any help would be appreciated26971