PDA

View Full Version : Random gear on NPCs?

sorvan76
April 6th, 2019, 17:20
Hi, I just wondered if it would be at all possible to randomise the gear on NPCs without having to go in and custom edit each copy of the NPC (creating a profile for each).

For example, if I want to swarm my players with human warriors, I don't necessarily want them all carrying spears. I want some with shortsword and buckler, some with 2 daggers, etc. Is there a way to get their equipment/attacks to spawn randomly? :confused:

GavinRuneblade
April 6th, 2019, 19:02
I don't think so, but that sounds like a really awesome extension. But I know a way to do almost the same thing:

I have been working on several variations of guards and such for my games, and I've been thinking about putting them into a table that outputs as encounters. So, you have to make all of them once, but then you pick however many you want to show up and which variant appears is random. Same end result with an encounter using random equipped troops.

Zacchaeus
April 6th, 2019, 20:35
No, there isn't a way to randomly select NPC weapons. All you need to do is edit one NPC of whatever you want and add in all the possible attacks you want to that one. Then just have multiples of that one and choose an attack from the CT. Since you have all of the attacks you can pick and choose which one.

GavinRuneblade
April 7th, 2019, 06:19
No, there isn't a way to randomly select NPC weapons. All you need to do is edit one NPC of whatever you want and add in all the possible attacks you want to that one. Then just have multiples of that one and choose an attack from the CT. Since you have all of the attacks you can pick and choose which one.

Ooh, that is even easier than my idea. Nice. That'll save quite a bit of work.

sorvan76
April 10th, 2019, 23:25
Thanks lads, both good ideas.