PDA

View Full Version : Spell list doesn't compress for Paladins or Bards.

StoryWeaver
April 3rd, 2019, 11:50
Hi,

After preparing spells as a Cleric in 5e, then switching to "Mode: Combat" on the Actions tab. This will compress the spell list to only show the prepared spells.
This does not however seem to happen for at least Bards and Paladins. Switching to "Mode: Combat" does not shrink the list. Instead this shows all the spells available, with a star next to the prepared ones.

This is fine for the lower levels, but as players move up and more and more higher levels of spells become available. The scrolling will eventually become considerable and the actions tab cluttered during combat.

Is this a bug or am I missing something?

Zacchaeus
April 3rd, 2019, 15:55
It does. Make sure that you have a number in the 'prepared' box in the Power Group for spells. Sounds like that has been removed in your case or the character hasn't been correctly set up (FG should add that in automatically). Any number will do; it doesn't need to correspond with the actual number prepared.

StoryWeaver
April 3rd, 2019, 16:47
You were right, there was a missing number from the Power Group, adding a number in there did the trick (put in 1 for now), thanks a bunch!
Couldn't help but think I might have missed something as it was working elsewhere. Spend far more time working on DM stuff than character sheets so doesn't surprise me. :)