PDA

View Full Version : moving an encounter into the combat tracker

Uetha Taylos
April 3rd, 2019, 07:43
Hi All,

Not sure if this is the right category but I am running the Savage Worlds ruleset so I figured I would start here. I have set up a couple encounters for my game by pulling npc's into the encounters window as you do. When I hit the add to combat tracker button the npc's that show up are blank. Its the right number but none of the pertinent info like name or the associated token are listed. What am I missing. BTW, these npc's are all home brew. Is there something I am not doing right when I am making my npc's? I am running SWD on FG v3.3.7 ultimate license.

Thanks!

Skellan
April 3rd, 2019, 12:10
Have you dragged the npc tokens from the encounter to a map?

Uetha Taylos
April 3rd, 2019, 15:04
Skellan,

I gave that a try to no avail. I also dragged a link pin to the map and nothing. Tried dragging the link up to the combat tracker. That didn't work, but I don't think it's designed that way. I can individually drag each npc from the encounter window to the combat tracker and that works great but isn't exactly streamlined. I was also under the impression that once you associated a map with an encounter that map would pop up when you opened up the encounter. That doesn't seem to work either. Is there a specific step to link a map to an encounter that I'm missing?

Skellan
April 3rd, 2019, 15:31
Ok, try these steps:

Drop your npcs into an encounter window. You can adjust the number of npcs and it should produce a row of tokens in the encounter window.
Drag and drop those tokens to the map.
Drag the encounter pin to the map.
Close the encounter window - the tokens will disappear from the map.
Open the encounter window again and this time click the down arrow on the bottom left side of the encounter window.
It should populate your tracker now

Uetha Taylos
April 3rd, 2019, 19:18
I tried the steps you listed. Still added blank npcs to the combat tracker but it did add the tokens to the map. Something that might be completely unrelated, when I delete npcs from the combat tracker a console window opens and gives a bunch of errors. I have always ignored this but maybe it's related?

damned
April 3rd, 2019, 19:27
I tried the steps you listed. Still added blank npcs to the combat tracker but it did add the tokens to the map. Something that might be completely unrelated, when I delete npcs from the combat tracker a console window opens and gives a bunch of errors. I have always ignored this but maybe it's related?

Please post a screenshot of your chat window when you first start FG - post multiple if required so we can see all the versions listed in Chat.

Uetha Taylos
April 4th, 2019, 05:19
Here is a pic of the chat log. I did not previously mention that I am using an customized theme extension. I changed the desktop image, the side bar, and the decal. I don't know if that might have messed something up. I also started a 5e campaign to see if an encounter would transfer to the combat tracker under that ruleset. And, of course, it would perfectly! So let me know if you see something that looks peculiar.26938

damned
April 4th, 2019, 05:49
Can you post the pop error you get on load?

Uetha Taylos
April 4th, 2019, 06:51
the error occurs when i clear npcs from the combat tracker. Here is a screen shot of it.26939

Doswelk
April 4th, 2019, 07:31
I am not sure if Enhanced image layers extension can be used with SWD/SWADE, I have lost track overtime, try it without that extension.

Also run an update I have Savage Worlds 4.8 as my version for SWD

Trenloe
April 4th, 2019, 08:36
1) if you’re getting script errors then try recreating the issue in a new campaign without any extensions enabled. Script errors are 99% likely to be caused by old/incompatible extensions.
2) In your test campaign enable one extension at a time and test - see which extension is causing the issue. Check that extension's thread for any updates or reported issues.
3) Make sure you have updated all of your extensions - community extensions don’t automatically update, *you* have to check the extensions you use for any updates and reported issues. I suggest you subscribe to the threads for extensions you use so that you get alerted of any new info.

edem
April 4th, 2019, 11:22
2) In your test campaign enable one extension at a time and test - see which extension is causing the issue. Check that extension's thread for any updates or reported issues.

It could also be
a.) a combination of one or more extension "clashing" causing the issue - if you found the extension causing the issue, test again with only that one extension turned on; and and if the issue doesn't appear, try to find which other extensions you need to turn on again to replicate the issue.
b.) more than one extension might cause the issue - if you found the extension causing the issue, keep testing the rest of them with the "culprit" turned off and see if the issue comes up.
Just a thought. ;)

Ikael
April 5th, 2019, 21:09
First of all I would recommend you to update your Savage Worlds Deluxe (SWD) ruleset. The latest version is v4.8.

Uetha Taylos
April 6th, 2019, 23:42
Hi All,
I updated to the latest version and then went through the extensions and I found one that was causing the problem. Im at work this lovely Saturday so I can't check the name but it was a map layer enhancement extension. I haven't used it much so I think I'll just drop it instead of updating it and see if it will work. One thing I noticed is that my NPC maker extension disappeared after the update. I can still see it in the folder it it doesn't show up as an option when I start up fantasy grounds. Is it not compatible with the latest version of SWD? Thanks for all the advice and help!

Trenloe
April 7th, 2019, 13:12
One thing I noticed is that my NPC maker extension disappeared after the update. I can still see it in the folder it it doesn't show up as an option when I start up fantasy grounds. Is it not compatible with the latest version of SWD?
A quick check of the NPC maker extension thread (last post) will give you the answer.

Uetha Taylos
April 9th, 2019, 03:24
Thanks everyone for the input and advice!