PDA

View Full Version : I'm unable to Load a Purchased Campaign

Gzero81
April 2nd, 2019, 22:22
New user here. I'm having trouble loading a campaign I purchased. I recently bought Hoard of the Dragon Queen. When I'm logged into this site, it shows up in my purchase history, so it should be linked to my account. I did the following:

Installation:
1. Launch FG application
2. Click on Settings
3. Click on the Manage button in the Purchases section.
4. Enter your FG web site login and user name, and click Login. Verify that the login status message states a successful login.
5. Close the Account window.
6. Close the Settings window.
7. Click on the Update button.

Then when I click on the Load Campaign button, all I see is the 5E Sample Campaign, A Tale of Dinor - 3.5E, and A Tale of Dinor - 4E. Interestingly, the D&D Hoard of the Dragon Queen Desktop Decal now appears under the Campaign Details section. That would seem to indicate to me that something is registering, but why can't I load the campaign?

Trenloe
April 2nd, 2019, 22:25
Welcome to the forums.

DLC is available in the form of a library data module that you load in a campaign of your choice and own making. Create a new 5E camapign, then activate the module from Library -> Modules.

More details in the Wiki user guide here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Library#Module_Activation

Zacchaeus
April 2nd, 2019, 22:27
Hi Gzero welcome to FG.

The module you bought doenot appear on the start screen. Start a new 5e campaign and when it loads click the library button down the bottom righ. Then click on the modules button. Find the Hoard of the Dragon Queen module in the list and click on load. You will now see the module in the library window and can access the content. Click on the Reference Manual to read through it.

Gzero81
April 2nd, 2019, 22:33
That worked. Thanks.

Nylanfs
April 3rd, 2019, 14:50
Think of the campaign as your game table, then you bring over books from your bookshelf to make the campaign.