PDA

View Full Version : Officially Licensed Symbaroum Ruleset!

Pages : [1] 2

Simpe
April 2nd, 2019, 20:55
Hey all!

The Officially Licensed Symbaroum Ruleset for Fantasy Grounds has just been released!

It's available both on steam (https://store.steampowered.com/app/1052740/Fantasy_Grounds__Symbaroum_Ruleset_Symbaroum/)
And on the Fantasy Grounds store (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/product.php?id=IPFGSRPDRULESET)

We'll probably be making our trello where we keep our lists of doing/done/bugs etc soonish for those who wants to see what we're currently working on and what issues we know about.

Cheers,
Simon

Simpe
April 2nd, 2019, 20:55
v1.02:

Fix for shield fighter 1 not correctly upgrading the damage in the main hand (must be single handed or short).

Two handed force 3 had the wrong tag for penetrating armor.
Alternative damage (the trait) functionality implemented
Updated ritual button
Information has been added to the Map pins that were missing information
Character sheet and its equipment are now updated more frequently.
Fixed so that shield fighter and other defensive abilities now correctly checks ability skill level.
Novice/adept/master can only be clicked when modify is enabled
Crossbow is now a pickeable weapon.
Effects get their ability level put on them from the action-effect button. Effects also propagate those levels.
Sixth sense vigilant for accurate is now correctly on novice.
Sixth sense novice does not apply to throwing weapons.
Two-handed force now works correctly again.

Marksman Novice is now implemented.
Blessed shield bugfix for skill-level.
Bugfix for tooltip application for some of the weapon modifiers.
Changing ability levels now updates equipments.
Attribute scores on the character sheet is now colored depending on if they are positive or negative.
Contacts-trait now allow a custom string.
Added pregenerated characters to the promised land.
Character portrait now has a frame.
Weapon modifiers that modifies defense are now properly applied (like balanced etc).
Armors now have the default modifier of impeding applied.
Items (anything) can now be dropped to player equipment.
Fixed bug with Witchhunter and Thug archetypes not showing their text correctly.

Changed font type for the reference manual.
Fixed some textual errors in the reference manual.

v1.03:

Discreet was not working correctly for newly created characters, this has been fixed.

Weapon type for the crossbow is now correctly set to the crossbow type.
Only weapons show the magical weapon tag in equipment reference window.

All NPC abilities/traits should now correctly convert die rolls into actual numbers.
NPC Weapon damage can now be drag-and-dropped from the CT.

Twin attack novice's defense is now correctly applied. This fix included changing around a bit how weapons modifies defense, which is a good preparation for a lot of future features. NOTE: You *need* to have the weapons correctly marked as main hand / offhand.

v1.04:

Twin attack no longer applies some attack filters on weapons since they were added twice then.* Removing a character, or deleting an effect with the right-click-menu from the CT now correctly updates the charactersheet of that character.

v1.04b:

Rageor now correctly wields his dagger in the offhand.

Default-characters are now back, they were removed in a bad text-merge.

Man at arms Adept should now correctly block any negative defense modifying values from equipment.

v1.05:

Bugfixes:
There was two "Lacquered Silk Cuirass" in items
Armor modifiers were not parsed correctly. Flexible did not seem to work correctly.
Man-at-arms adept was not really applied correctly. It now blocks the negative effect armors have on defense.
Some fields in equipment was wrongly editable.
Berserk did not accurately set your defense attribute modifier to 5 when using berserker att novice/adept.
Poisonous duration is no longer 1
Features:
Some page ref links were missing and are now added correctly.
The feature that moves the cursor from one field to another on the character sheet now moves in a more expected way.
Abilities are now correctly editable when dropped into an ability list that was set to editable.
The tables and vehicles buttons were updated.
Actions in abilities are now editable if you go to the ability-link in the character sheet.

NOTE: Because of the changes that have been done with the editable actions (which still has some minor features to go), it would be wise for you to remove+add all the abilities/traits/mystical powers/rituals for your characters. This is because the ability is now completely copied instead of referenced from the instance in your character sheet. There are probably some undetected bugs with the new action-editing, and it doesn't fully cover all the features but more of them will be added to the system as we go.

v1.06:

NPC's have the optional field "manners" as included in later books.
NPC's attributes in the npc sheet show the modifier rather than the actual stat, as done in later books. The actual stat is showed as mouse over.
NPC's attributes in the CT also show the modifiers rather than the actual stats.
Initiative in the CT is listed next to the name entry. The initiative can be modified (which causes re-sorting of the CT) and is recalculated every time you add something to the CT.
The names in the CT are better aligned, including the label.
The default currency strings in the character inventory have been added.

Changelist 1.07:

Corruption is now rolled correctly for mystic powers (and modified by wizardry/witchcraft/teurgy)
Maps should no longer have all links shared by default
Survival Instincts adept has been implemented
Blight Born in Promised Land has correct armor calculated now. Armor calculations in general was diverging between rolls, npc sheet and combat tracker, this has been fixed.
Table 22 in core rulebook has been added
Characters are now automatically knocked prone if they take more damage than their pain threshold
Characters that are knocked prone automatically receive advantage.
Weapon / armor modifiers have been documented on the wiki.
A permanent corruption roll automatically happens when you pass your corruption threshold. (toggleable by options)
The items list is now categorized and can be sorted.

Changelist 1.08:

Added:

Support for having actions that remove effects
Pain threshold modifier is now supported
Traits have their own displayclass, and all traits have been modified to suit this purpose.
Mystical powers now have their own displayclass, and all mystical powers have been updated to suit this.
Armor Piercing is now an active action for marksman (master) & two-handed force (master).
Added new button for races
Added new button for NPCs
Added new button for traits
Added NPC weapon damage override (when making your own npc's)
NPC's can now have ability/traits/items dropped anywhere and they are placed in the correct list.
Improved behavior of inventory editable behavior.
Tables are now listed under the global table library.
Eye drops are now implemented
Purple sap is now implemented and heals temporary corruption
Added the "ablaze" weapon modifier (+1d4 damage)
A Health display option for the clients has been added

Fixed:

Ability name does not intrude upon the link button for none-ranked traits.
Better handling of determining which type an ability/trait/mystical power is in the sheets.
Cleaned up some minor issues regarding visualization of actions
Corrected contested behavior for a lot of mystical powers (and their effects).
Correctly implemented maltransformation's master level action.
Correctly implemented embrace's adept level action.
Fixed item name for buckler (was flail).
Robust now correctly applies extra damage as well.
Improved functionality for editing equipments for NPC's
Equipment can now be deleted when editing NPC's
Equipment is now correctly modifiable when dropped into an editable equipment list
Fixed NPC weapon damage mismatch between sheet / CT
NPC traits/abilities should now have the correct color display and name display.
Typo on Prio's Burning Glass fixed
Renamed "Cultural" traits to "General"
Added filtering for traits
Removed initiative visualization for clients
Fixed bug for failed links for traits/abilities making it into a static node which then never copied their data.
Corrected the module-category for the Symbaroum Core Rulebook

hawkwind
April 2nd, 2019, 21:02
great to see this out, do you plan to do any more releases like the advanced players book and maybe a campaign?

Simpe
April 2nd, 2019, 21:04
Hi Hawkwind!

Yes we will be working towards making more releases. The highest priority is to fix any issues left with the ruleset, but we are two developers where one (me) are mainly focused on the code-things, and one guy who is doing most of the text/picture stuff. Since pretty much all of the text-stuff with the core rulebook is done, he'll get on with campaign/adventure books pretty soon while I still have some things to clean up with the ruleset. Once I'm done with all stuff that's needed there I will go on to more rule-focused books (like advanced players book etc). Hope that answers your question!

Oh and thanks!!

Cheers,
Simon

Valyar
April 2nd, 2019, 21:14
Congratulations on the release of the Symbaroum ruleset! I accidently (again) found this game while lurking on the Fria Liga forums after I fell in love with their Forbidden Lands. Symbaroum definitely is something I am looking into to run in the following months and this product comes right on time!

One of the annoying thing with FG products is that documentation on features and functionalities is lacking in great deal on all commercial rulesets and the only educated guess of the functionality comes from my knowledge on the CoreRpg and what you might inherit from there.

Is there document that I can check on the features offered by the Ruleset - automation and how to do things for example?

Simpe
April 2nd, 2019, 21:22
Hi Valyar!

Great to hear about your experiences with fria ligan!

There is no documentation currently but it is a really good idea and something I have been thinking about. Maybe a YouTube series is good but I think that we should probably add documentation to the ruleset with that. I'll add it to our trello and make sure we get it in soon!

Thanks!
Simon

Valyar
April 2nd, 2019, 21:31
I strongly recommend to create proper documentation on the features that are unique to the ruleset and not to repeat what is available in the CoreRPG (unless the Wiki is missing that too). There is nothing more annoying than trial and error way of learning new things. YouTube might sound very good as an option, but IMO watching videos just to reach the potentially important section for you is waste of time. I never like video tutorials, they take too much time and as technical person I find my way into documents hundreds time faster. They have search function, print and etc. ;)

In regards to Fria Liga - I have Coriolis core book (planning to get the screen and the campaign), Forbidden Lands (everything) and I plan to get the Davokar bundle. Maybe due to age or something else, but I recently favor those kind of games much more over the extremely commercial products such as SW, D&D and others.
So yeah - you made my day with this ruleset. ;)

Simpe
April 2nd, 2019, 21:37
I hear you! I'm a programmer and 100% agree. Most likely we'll add it into the reference manual part, or do you have any other way you would prefer?

I'm really happy to hear that you're glad about it. It still has a few features and more easy expanded functionality I want to add, and since we play Symbaroum all the time we want to continue to improve the ruleset and expand into as much material as possible! If you have any feedback, don't hesitate to write here, on discord (in simpeman in the server for fg) or mail me at [email protected]!

Trenloe
April 2nd, 2019, 21:40
I hear you! I'm a programmer and 100% agree. Most likely we'll add it into the reference manual part, or do you have any other way you would prefer?
Reference manual within FG is good. But I'd also recommend adding a Symbaroum section to the Ruleset Guide area of the Wiki User Guide: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/User_Guides

Valyar
April 2nd, 2019, 21:47
I agree with Trenloe. If you put ruleset guide into the Reference Manual this will significantly improve the end-user experience as everything will be available from within FG. Since the documentation is just well formatted and structured text, you can always copy it to the Wiki for reference outside FG. The only annoying part is to maintain it. But once you have the habit, the rest is easy. :D

hawkwind
April 2nd, 2019, 21:55
one question after trying to build my first character , i can't see how you the effects of abilities to the equipment and combat window or indeed drag weapons into it, for example i equipped my character with a fencing sword which has a precise quality but i can see no way of increasing the" to hit" box like wise i couldn't adjust the damage dice to reflect the Shield fighter ability, perhaps I'm missing some thing?

As for documentation, Youtube is the way to go for me, do a character generation and a combat video for starters

hawkwind
April 2nd, 2019, 22:54
worked out the precise thing , still can't get the shield fighter ability to increase my defence and weapon damage

NotRussellCrowe
April 3rd, 2019, 00:31
This is awesome, thanks for making this! I've been waffling on jumping into Symbaroum since I have so many other games in the queue but this just adds to the pressure, and the newest Kickstarter being focused on the forest is pretty tempting.

Happy gaming!

ProfDogg
April 3rd, 2019, 01:53
Happy, happy, joy, joy!

(Seriously - this tickles me to no end...)

One favor for consideration though - can we change fonts on the reference manual? The lettering is blurry and not sharp enough for my weakening old eyesight...

Simpe
April 3rd, 2019, 04:18
Valyar/Trenloe: Ok sounds good, I'll make sure to update the wiki with the user-manual once we've written it :)

Hawkwind: Sorry for the late answer, I'm in swedish time so had to get some sleep :) The shield fighter ability should automatically update your weapon damage, but you just found a bug. The weapon-increase functionality was wrongly placed among the defense modifications. I'm fixing this bug right now and the fix should make it into the next patch which makes it into the test branch on tuesday. Thanks for reporting this!

Thanks NotRusselCrowe :)

ProfDogg: Yes there's quite some issues with the font-rendering. We've tried to pick the font which is closest to the one that the book uses, which unfortunately becomes a little hard to read with all the kerning-issues other issues that the font-rendering has. We'll try to look into switching it into something easier to read!

Simpe
April 3rd, 2019, 04:29
Here's our bugtracker / working trello to track what we're doing: https://trello.com/b/mmwGpm3I/symbaroum-fantasy-grounds-ruleset

Observe that it's sometimes lacking amount of information on the notes as it's mainly to keep us remembering things. We'd like to be as transparent as possible though so that people can see what we're working on and what the progress is.

esmdev
April 3rd, 2019, 05:31
I like the project/bug tracker, it's nice to be able to see what's done and what's on the agenda.

I had honestly never heard of this game before, but seems to have a solid following so I picked up the core rules to see what it's like. Sadly probably won't have a chance to read it until next week.

Valyar
April 3rd, 2019, 06:36
I've been waffling on jumping into Symbaroum since I have so many other games in the queue but this just adds to the pressure, and the newest Kickstarter being focused on the forest is pretty tempting.
And when I thought I am the only one with overflowing queue of games... :D

Simpe
April 3rd, 2019, 06:40
Thanks esmdev! I suggest that you use the test-branch when you use it since we'll be pushing updates every week for the next few weeks to fix bugs/issues/add more features constantly.

hawkwind
April 3rd, 2019, 09:15
well Simpe I wish you luck and hope this rule sets is a bit more successful some the recent FG rule sets

It would be great if you could enable editing the equipment and combat and have drag and drop functionality from the item list or the reference manual. being able to add your own abilities and traits would be nice as well

Simpe
April 3rd, 2019, 12:16
Hi Hawkwind!

Yes equipment can be modified in the character equipment list, and the items in the reference manual are locked so you would have to write your own items from the start. Perhaps I can add a clone-functionality? The drag-and-drop for equipment and improving the item/equipment system is in the backlog, as well as writing abilities and traits in-game. Currently the only way you can add abilities and traits is by writing the xml manually, although within a few weeks that should be possible to do inside the ruleset. However, there might need to be some lua-code (although fairly simple) in order to get some of the effects working correctly. The effects of the abilities and traits are unfortunately not well suited for text-parsing, so the actual modifications to damage/defense/etc needs some sort of definition. Perhaps further down the line I can move some of that into the actual xml and get it into editing as well, but that is further down the line.

Cheers,
Simon

Arion
April 4th, 2019, 20:09
worked out the precise thing , still can't get the shield fighter ability to increase my defence and weapon damage

Shield Fighter seems to increase damage now but using a Shield does not increase defence at all

EDIT: And i agree with some documentation. I cannot at the moment work out how to show whether an attack by a player hits, and also cannot get the damage inflicted ON a player by an enemy to show up

hawkwind
April 4th, 2019, 23:29
I haven't t got around to trying combat yet, I have tried building some of the pregens which are in the original version but not included in the FG started adventure and as such i found a whole lot of things that don't work yet, I'll pm a list to Simpe tomorrow hopefully and upload the pre gens

Simpe
April 5th, 2019, 04:27
Hey guys,

I've verified the shield not influencing defense by +1. This is a bug and I'm currently working on getting it fixed. In the same way, shield fighter does not properly append the extra +1 defense for that.

For combat, the player either selects a target and then double clicks their equipment "to hit" (for seeing if they can hit) and their "damage" for dealing damage. Or they can drag-and-drop those onto the monster in the combat tracker.

It is not possible to deal damage or fight without being in the combat tracker.

I have the pre-gens and I'll see if I can get them exported or if I can get a campaign with them asap!

If you find any more bugs, please let me know and I will add them to our tracker asap. There's a couple of known bug in the test-branch (some npc's have wrong damage amount on their attacks in the combat tracker), which has since then been fixed and will be in on the test-branch on tuesday (that's how often we can patch).

Cheers,
Simon

Simpe
April 5th, 2019, 04:35
Hawkwind: In regards of the shield, could you try making sure that your shield is marked as a Shield and worn in either the main-hand or the offhand? Then you need to close and open the character sheet. Unfortunately the defense-calculations are not updated when changing the worn-type of equipment, which is causing the defense value from the shield to not appear.

This still goes for a few other things that might be causing bugs. I'm going to increase the different things that recalculates the defense/attack/damage/armor on the charactersheet!

Edit:
I've found the bug that caused defense modifying abilities not working, this included the shield fighter and abilities that modifies your defense roll (such as adept tactician, adept sixth sense etc). This has been fixed and should be available on tuesday. Unfortunately I can't change the patch dates so that's as soon as I can get it to you. This was my fault and was not discovered due to not enough testing (of which we have very limited resources for).

I'll try to fix the export of the characters today but can't make any promises, tomorrow at latest. We're doing this in our spare time and as such the time for it is quite limited.

Simpe
April 5th, 2019, 07:12
Hey guys,

Here's the exported starting characters as a module you can load. Let me know how well it works to use them! I also have the singly-exported characters if anyone wants to use them, just let me know and I'll attach the xml's here. The starting characters in this module will make it into the promised land in the coming update.

While going through all these characters I discovered some of the bugs that you have probably seen. I'm cancelling some of my weekend-plans so that I can get these fixed before tuesday.

Cheers,
Simon

hawkwind
April 5th, 2019, 07:51
Ok I won't bother finishing my pre gens

I wasn't using the test version of the rules set and i had n't tried closing and reopening the character sheet but he is what i found, hopefully Simpe you have already found these issues in your exercise

1. Traits, i found it difficult to find the traits as there were not showing when i opened the library module so I found them in the reference manual. You can't edit the Contact trait when its on the character sheet, you need to be able to do this say which organisation your character has contacts with
2 Balanced didn't adjust the target number to hit, I didn't try reopening the character sheet
3 Pole arm mastery didn't appear to work same caveat
4 Impeding and marksman didn't work
5 Cross bow does d10 damage however missile weapons are restricted to d8 in the combat + equipment section
6 you don't have the generic versions of weapons on the equipment list so you cant drag them onto the character sheet, you can add them on the combat and equipment panel so you can't buy a sword or a "single -handed weapon" or basic light, medium or heavy armour

Simpe thanks for all the effort you are putting in to this rule set and answering and dealing with our queries

Simpe
April 5th, 2019, 08:27
Hawkwind,

Yes some of those bugs I already found. The traits *should* be available on the sidebar as a button if you enable all the buttons. I didn't think about the contact trait custom string though and hadn't found about the balanced bug, I'll check and add that as well!

The trello tracker at https://trello.com/b/mmwGpm3I/symbaroum-fantasy-grounds-ruleset should list most, if not all of those bugs.

Thanks for collecting the list, it really helps with this kind of bug feedback. All we want is to have the ruleset as functionable as possible - we're in this for the long run.

Hopefully I should have all of the things you listed done by Tuesday and some other things (like a better font) done as well. We also clear the "done" part on each delivery to SmiteWorks, so the things on the Done list are the things we've fixed since the last test-version!

Thanks!
Simon

Arion
April 5th, 2019, 09:51
One more for you! Even when targetted in the CT, rolling your armour protective value does not take the enemy damage value nor apply the final total to your toughness.

Rolling your weapon damage does however, and rolling attacks and defence both work. It is just the Armour-Damage that doesn't seem to. I am running on the test version.

Simpe
April 5th, 2019, 09:58
Hey Arion,

Yes just rolling your armor doesn't really do anything other than just roll your armor.

Your armor is automatically rolled for you when the GM double-clicks the attacks of an NPC. The resulting value of the enemy attack value minus the armor roll should then be withdrawn from the players health. Is this not what's happening?

I've just finished implementing the Alternative Damage functionality (that withdraws attributes by decreasing the temporary attribute value) and discovered that there were some issues with how damage was pushed through the armor rolls. It's working now but I'm uncertain if there was any issues with the damage system before I started. If you're still seeing issues with damage when double-clicking on the NPC which has a player targeted, they should be fixed on tuesday!

Hope this helps,
Simon

Arion
April 5th, 2019, 10:51
Hey Arion,

Yes just rolling your armor doesn't really do anything other than just roll your armor.

Your armor is automatically rolled for you when the GM double-clicks the attacks of an NPC. The resulting value of the enemy attack value minus the armor roll should then be withdrawn from the players health. Is this not what's happening?

Hope this helps,
Simon

Ah, i was under the impression that all rolls were made by players and that the attacks and damages of the enemy were fixed numbers?

EDIT: I have just tested it and the GM can "roll" from the fixed damage number of the NPC. I think it would be much better if the player rolled that from their Armour dice and deducted it from the fixed damage value of the enemy.

Simpe
April 5th, 2019, 11:00
The problem is that the npcs can have a variety of different attacks so it's currently impossible to know what to roll against. In the future this might change but the implementation for that is a big nut to crack.

On mobile so sorry for being brief :)

Arion
April 5th, 2019, 11:05
The problem is that the npcs can have a variety of different attacks so it's currently impossible to know what to roll against. In the future this might change but the implementation for that is a big nut to crack.

On mobile so sorry for being brief :)

Thanks for letting me know. Maybe a tick box on the NPC in the combat tracker for the GM to mark the "default" attack?

Simpe
April 5th, 2019, 11:36
Thanks for letting me know. Maybe a tick box on the NPC in the combat tracker for the GM to mark the "default" attack?

Yes something like that is what I want... But you also have traits, abilities, artifacts etc that does damage so it quickly escalates unfortunately :(

Anselo
April 6th, 2019, 23:01
Good work, I dare say this is gonna be grand for the Symbaroum community.

Simpe, don't burn yourself out.

Simpe
April 7th, 2019, 08:26
Thanks Anselo :) I've been a professinoal game developer for 12 years so fortunately I've learned to juggle work, stress, fun and relaxing! I'm at the final boss in Sekiro so I need some relax-time with FG-development because that boss is so stressful that it hurts ;)

Cheers,
Simon

Valyar
April 7th, 2019, 10:22
https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-3GL5FD8DTuM/Uvs-IpXqGxI/AAAAAAAAFfI/iG7P7dIRkVk/s1600/You+Died.jpg

Brent Taylor
April 9th, 2019, 00:22
Love the ruleset so far! I've had the chance to connect and interact with the ruleset as a player and I'm looking forward to buying the ruleset next month.

I did notice an omission in the book though. The Thug and Witchhunter archtypes for the Rogue are listed and exist, but they don't have any content other than the flavor text. Any chance of getting that fixed?

Simpe
April 9th, 2019, 04:36
Hi Brent!

I'm glad you like it! We're patching the development branch today so a lot of fixes is coming up.

You sent that just in time! We're fixing it now just in time for the patch!

Thanks!
Simon

Simpe
April 9th, 2019, 05:03
Hi guys, here are the patch notes for v 1.02 which has been sent to SmiteWorks for updating the module. Also I have a question - anyone of you know how to get access to the wiki so that I can add/update our user manual there in the future?

Cheers,
Simon

Symbaroum Ruleset v 1.02 Patch notes:

Fix for shield fighter 1 not correctly upgrading the damage in the main hand (must be single handed or short).
Two handed force 3 had the wrong tag for penetrating armor.
Alternative damage (the trait) functionality implemented
Updated ritual button
Information has been added to the Map pins that were missing information
Character sheet and its equipment are now updated more frequently.
Fixed so that shield fighter and other defensive abilities now correctly checks ability skill level.
Novice/adept/master can only be clicked when modify is enabled
Crossbow is now a pickeable weapon.
Effects get their ability level put on them from the action-effect button. Effects also propagate those levels.
Sixth sense vigilant for accurate is now correctly on novice.
Sixth sense novice does not apply to throwing weapons.
Two-handed force now works correctly again.
Marksman Novice is now implemented.
Blessed shield bugfix for skill-level.
Bugfix for tooltip application for some of the weapon modifiers.
Changing ability levels now updates equipments.
Attribute scores on the character sheet is now colored depending on if they are positive or negative.
Contacts-trait now allow a custom string.
Added pregenerated characters to the promised land.
Character portrait now has a frame.
Weapon modifiers that modifies defense are now properly applied (like balanced etc).
Armors now have the default modifier of impeding applied.
Items (anything) can now be dropped to player equipment.
Fixed bug with Witchhunter and Thug archetypes not showing their text correctly.
Changed font type for the reference manual.
Fixed some textual errors in the reference manual.

The User Manual is underway and should hopefully start making it up to the wiki shortly!

LordEntrails
April 9th, 2019, 05:16
Hi guys, here are the patch notes for v 1.02 which has been sent to SmiteWorks for updating the module. Also I have a question - anyone of you know how to get access to the wiki so that I can add/update our user manual there in the future?
You'll have to ask SW or one of the forum mods. They are the only ones (mostly) that can edit the wiki.

Trenloe
April 9th, 2019, 09:52
Also I have a question - anyone of you know how to get access to the wiki so that I can add/update our user manual there in the future?
Email SmiteWorks and ask them to give you access.

Simpe
April 9th, 2019, 09:54
Thanks guys! I've mailed them and asked for access :)

Valyar
April 9th, 2019, 12:03
Salute to your active involvement in this ruleset. I can't wait for the real books to arrive, go through them over a weekend and get the ruleset with the next paycheck :)

Simpe
April 9th, 2019, 12:04
Thanks Valyar! I hope you like it :)

lostsanityreturned
April 9th, 2019, 19:38
It is a wonky set of rules to be working with but I love it regardless for some unknown reason (probably the art and setting)

I look forward to picking up Symbaroum on FG when the ruleset is a little more mature (hopefully I will have actual physical books and not be running from PDFs by then too ;) )

Simpe
April 9th, 2019, 19:56
Glad to hear it :) Yes the rules are indeed wonky! There are a lot of exceptions and a lot of things that have quite unique functionality, but that's also one of the beauties of it in my eyes!

I think most of the more important bugs are pretty much ironed out now, wait a couple of weeks and the user manual should be up and useable together with some more handy features! I actually find the ruleset easier to work with rather than the physical book because of how fast/easy it is to lookup traits/abilities/mystic powers. Makes it sooo much easier.

Cheers,
Simon

lostsanityreturned
April 9th, 2019, 20:00
I don't think I would have issues running it. But some of my players still get confused with elements of 5e in FG so I wouldn't want to push my luck ;)

vyruxx
April 10th, 2019, 01:14
Hi, very interested in the symboum ruleset, but I would like to ask what level of automation is right now. The combat tracker, autodamage, etc

garrion_sw
April 10th, 2019, 05:30
I searched this thread and Trello but failed to see mention of any problems with the Discreet attribute. It does not remember the value upon entering it and defaults back to 10. You also can not temporarily modify it through "CTRL+Mouse Wheel" like you can all the others.

Simpe
April 10th, 2019, 07:01
Hey guys,

Automation is on the level that most of the damage -> armor -> health reduction automation is done. This goes for abilities / traits / mystic powers / equipment. There are still some things that aren't fixed yet, such as if you fail your roll with a mystic power such as brimstone cascade, damage should be halved. I think that kind of case and going through to find the abilities who are not yet 100% implemented is the automation left to do.

Basically the player double-clicks or drag-and-drops the roll to do vs the enemy (such as making a melee attack with a weapon, you drag the weapon's roll-to-hit button onto the enemy you want to attack). The roll automatically figures out if you hit or not. The player can then drag-and-drop the damage-roll for that weapon onto the enemy (or double click it if its the target) and the damage will be rolled / summed / check the enemy's armor / defensive capabilities etc, calculate the actual damage done and withdraw that from hps.

This also works for things such as alternative damage trait.

The npc attacking works sort of similar, altho the gm calls out who should roll their defense, which that player then does by double-clicking their defense-roll (which is automatically calculated). The GM then has to manually calculate if the attack hit or not (a simple see if a + b > 0, the roll calculates the amount of successes/failures the player does with their defense roll). Then the GM drops the damage onto the player and the players armor etc is automatically rolled, damage calculated and health withdrawn.

Automatized temporary corruption rolls are not 100% done and completed across the board but is also pretty high on the todo-list.

Garrion: I didn't know about that. I will fix this in the morning and see if I can get it patched on the development branch. Thanks!

Cheers,
Simon

Valyar
April 10th, 2019, 10:35
I think we are all convinced of the need for documentation - how the ruleset works and all the features, finding out the things by trial and error is no longer 2019 thing. I am following this thread and the trello closely!

Simpe
April 10th, 2019, 11:03
I think we are all convinced of the need for documentation - how the ruleset works and all the features, finding out the things by trial and error is no longer 2019 thing. I am following this thread and the trello closely!

I agree wholeheartly! I'm waiting for the wiki access and as soon as that happens the documentation will show up there. Once it's fairly stable I'll see how I can convert it into the ruleset and see if I can fix a script or something for it.

Cheers,
Simon

Simpe
April 11th, 2019, 04:24
Hey guys,

I've found the discreet bug and fixed it locally, but until I have it patched for you there's a temporary walkaround you can do in order to get it working anyway.

If save and quit the client, then find your campaigns-folder for FG, go into your symbaroum campaign - whatever you named it and edit your db.xml.

Find the <charsheet> tag and then within that go through your <id-00001> etc tags and find the <attributes> tag inside those. Within the <attributes> tag there should be a <discreet> tag that has 1 subtag, <bonus type="number">0</bonus>, Add two lines between the <discreet> and the <bonus type="number">0</bonus> tag:
<base type="number">10</base>
<score type="number">10</score>

Save the file, start up fantasy grounds and load your campaign. Hopefully that should solve it locally for your characters.

I've contacted FG and asked for an extra patch to see if that can be applied.

Cheers,
Simon

Simpe
April 11th, 2019, 18:23
Hello,

Unfortunately it seems like the development branch was never updated on Tuesday even though we pushed the changes to SW, however that has now been resolved and the latest build can now be found on the test branch which also includes the fix for the "discreet" bug!

Hope that helps!
Simon

vyruxx
April 14th, 2019, 23:04
Hi, I bought the ruleset but I see some important bug or I do not know how to do it. I can not drag the damage of the weapon npc to the player to make his armor roll. In addition, the player's card is cut off from the top side.Likewise when a player does the damage to the npc, I do not see his life down

Simpe
April 15th, 2019, 04:05
Hi, I bought the ruleset but I see some important bug or I do not know how to do it. I can not drag the damage of the weapon npc to the player to make his armor roll. In addition, the player's card is cut off from the top side.Likewise when a player does the damage to the npc, I do not see his life down

Hi!

The npc weapon damage is used by targetting the player and double-clicking it. I'll see if I can get the drag-and-drop functionality in too.

I'm not sure what you mean by the player's card, could you please provide a screenshot? Maybe it appears cut-off but it's meant to be that way?

If you use the test or development branch then the health reduction of an npc should be fixed. You do this by going on settings in the fantasy grounds starter, and then selecting the test or development Mode under "Updates".

Hope that helps,
Simon

vyruxx
April 15th, 2019, 09:55
perfect, waiting for the arrangements. It will be Tuesday, will not it? Let's see if I play this Friday with the ruleset. Thank you.

Simpe
April 15th, 2019, 10:02
I submit a new build pretty much every tuesday and then hopefully SmiteWorks updates the build accordingly. They haven't always updated it so far so it's a little bit up to them. I'm on the same level when it comes to the user manual as well, I'm awaiting to get a login to the wiki so I can add the user manual there.

vyruxx
April 15th, 2019, 10:09
Anyway, I understand that it is a deliberate decision, but the card looks weird with the high edge so close to the top. Thanks for your work, and if you allow me one last doubt, I'll throw it. The ruleset will be updated by you or is there some kind of contractual agreement for x time?

Simpe
April 15th, 2019, 10:15
Anyway, I understand that it is a deliberate decision, but the card looks weird with the high edge so close to the top. Thanks for your work, and if you allow me one last doubt, I'll throw it. The ruleset will be updated by you or is there some kind of contractual agreement for x time?

I understand what you mean with the character sheet (which is the name the 'player card' goes by), and we might reconsider into making it appear more window-like. I'll think about it and it's probably not something that I will look into until I start working with the advanced players guide.

The module is made and updated by my company, Pixeldiet. We're planning on working with and supporting the module for a very long time. The company has been running for about 8 years and we've been playing Symbaroum since even before it was released (I think I'm noted as a playtester in the Swedish rulebook). I'm a huge fan of Symbaroum (I own all of the books), I personally know the authors of it, and I have three groups that I GM in. We're not stopping updates for this module for a very long time :) Hopefully you should see a lot more Symbaroum modules appearing in Fantasy Grounds in the future.

Cheers,
Simon

vyruxx
April 15th, 2019, 10:22
Thanks for considering what I said. Sincerely you have sold me your product, until yesterday I thought about returning it but seeing your passion for symbaroum, I will definitely stay and see how it grows. Without a doubt, another adventure would be great! cof cof the copper crown ...

Edit: the passive of two handed force rank 1 that gives 1d12 to the attack instead of 10, does not work correctly.
Dont working autoscale grid whit CT tokens.

Topdecker
April 15th, 2019, 21:24
A few questions from someone unfamiliar with the product line...

How does this FG product map out to real-world products?

Is there something free / low cost that I can look at to decided if the settings / rules are actually of interest to me?

Thanks!

damned
April 15th, 2019, 23:44
Hey Top

https://www.modiphius.net/products/symbaroum-sample-adventure-pdf

Topdecker
April 16th, 2019, 03:38
Hey Top

https://www.modiphius.net/products/symbaroum-sample-adventure-pdf

Thank you, damned, that was damned good of you :)

lostsanityreturned
April 16th, 2019, 03:53
Letting you know Top, Frialigan (the company that Symbaroum's devs are now a part of) often have late pledge options open up for their kickstarters.

So if you like what you see/play it might be worth visiting this kickstarter that just concluded later and seeing if they have opened up late pledges :)

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1192053011/symbar-mother-of-darkness

Simpe
April 16th, 2019, 04:28
Hey guys,

v1.03 is pushed to SW and should be upcoming on the development branch.

Fixes:
* Discreet was not working correctly for newly created characters, this has been fixed.
* Weapon type for the crossbow is now correctly set to the crossbow type.
* Only weapons show the magical weapon tag in equipment reference window.
* All NPC abilities/traits should now correctly convert die rolls into actual numbers.
* NPC Weapon damage can now be drag-and-dropped from the CT.
* Twin attack novice's defense is now correctly applied. This fix included changing around a bit how weapons modifies defense, which is a good preparation for a lot of future features. NOTE: You *need* to have the weapons correctly marked as main hand / offhand.

On a sidenote: I've thought about maybe having a checkbox or something for each weapon to mark wether or not they are actually wielded. Since that could make it a lot easier for the players to change that around in mid combat rather than having to click on edit and multiple times push the worn-type selector. Feedback on this is appriciated.

I've also gained access to the wiki so a start on the user manual should be up soon!

Simpe
April 16th, 2019, 04:58
Also now the first part of the user manual is up:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Symbaroum_Character_Sheet

I will try to get in the other parts during the day if I can. Also if you guys have any questions or if there's anything missing from the user manual, please let me know here and I'll make sure to go through it deeper and explain better!

Thanks!
Simon

Topdecker
April 16th, 2019, 05:00
Thanks, lostsanityreturned, I will keep an eye on it should I elect dig in on the rules. I am liking what I see thus far, a tad worried about the amount of lore one needs to learn, but on the other hand I like how the system flows with the setting

lostsanityreturned
April 16th, 2019, 05:12
Thanks, lostsanityreturned, I will keep an eye on it should I elect dig in on the rules. I am liking what I see thus far, a tad worried about the amount of lore one needs to learn, but on the other hand I like how the system flows with the setting

I am new to the system/setting myself. One major benefit of a darker/grimmer setting like this is the players aren't necessarily expected to know everything about it which gives us as GMs the excuse of being vaguer or "mysterious" -grins-

This said, there is so much left unknown even after reading the books -laughs-

Simpe
April 16th, 2019, 05:15
I am new to the system/setting myself. One major benefit of a darker/grimmer setting like this is the players aren't necessarily expected to know everything about it which gives us as GMs the excuse of being vaguer or "mysterious" -grins-

This said, there is so much left unknown even after reading the books -laughs-

This is exactly how I started out GM'ing this world. I started with the promised land (included in the ruleset / core rulebook) since it basically takes you into the country from the old country. You only need to know the basic back-story and the basic rules to run the starting adventure... everything else is pretty much explained. I've been GM'ing this ruleset now for... maybe 3 years? It's still amazing fun and the grim dark setting (and punishing monsters) puts the players on their toes every time they venture out into Davokar :)

stephan_
April 16th, 2019, 11:57
Obviously WIP but still good work. Not a mechanical question but you might still be able to answer it nonetheless: With sessions of 3-4 hours and a brand new group, do you have any guesses on how long The Promised Land will approximately take to run? I'm thinking of running something weekend GMT evening and would like to plan accordingly (assuming I find players of couse).

Simpe
April 16th, 2019, 13:49
Obviously WIP but still good work. Not a mechanical question but you might still be able to answer it nonetheless: With sessions of 3-4 hours and a brand new group, do you have any guesses on how long The Promised Land will approximately take to run? I'm thinking of running something weekend GMT evening and would like to plan accordingly (assuming I find players of couse).

It's really hard to say. You could probably blast through it in 1-2 hours if you really want to, but you could without a doubt make it drag out to more like 8-10.

The times I've played it (3) I've done it in one sitting of around 4-5 hours.

Hope that helps!
Simon

stephan_
April 16th, 2019, 15:01
Thanks, yes, that helps. Assuming some rule difficulties, it sounds like 2-3 sessions.

Valyar
April 16th, 2019, 18:12
Soon! Some questions if possible:
Is the ruleset encrypted (i.e in the vault)?
What fonts are used and are they in the public domain?

I am currently doing data upload in Realm Works and want to add some fonts to mimic the feeling of the book :)

Simpe
April 16th, 2019, 18:45
Soon! Some questions if possible:
Is the ruleset encrypted (i.e in the vault)?
What fonts are used and are they in the public domain?

I am currently doing data upload in Realm Works and want to add some fonts to mimic the feeling of the book :)

Hi!

Yes the ruleset is in the vault and unfortunately the fonts are not in the public domain :(

Cheers,
Simon

stephan_
April 16th, 2019, 20:15
Apologies if it is inappropriate to post here but this seems like the most likely thread for anyone interested in Symbaroum to frequent:

LFP: Short Symbaroum introductory campaign, TUE April 30, 5.30 PM GMT (flexible) (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?48923)

Simpe
April 16th, 2019, 20:23
Apologies if it is inappropriate to post here but this seems like the most likely thread for anyone interested in Symbaroum to frequent:

LFP: Short Symbaroum introductory campaign, TUE April 30, 5.30 PM GMT (flexible) (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?48923)

Hi Stephan! That is completely appropriate! I'm really glad to hear about this, if you want any help with the preparations or want me to walk you through the ruleset in beforehand just let me know and we'll set up a time! Also if there's any particular features you're missing or that you want fixed before you guys please don't hesitate to ask!

Thanks,
Simon

stephan_
April 16th, 2019, 20:40
Thanks, I might take you up on that offer. So far I'm pleasantly surprised how compact the core rules are but I guess the nearer game time approaches, the more unprepared I'll feel - the same as every other game I guess. And running the game itself will be another completely different matter.

lostsanityreturned
April 17th, 2019, 04:21
Thanks, I might take you up on that offer. So far I'm pleasantly surprised how compact the core rules are but I guess the nearer game time approaches, the more unprepared I'll feel - the same as every other game I guess. And running the game itself will be another completely different matter.

I know the feeling, personally I have moved to the Seth Skorkowsky described method. I was already 75% of the way there before watching this video, but some steps (like getting a friend and 1v1'ing elements of the system first) had me wondering why I had never thought of doing it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOwwICf-y_k

Simpe
April 17th, 2019, 04:44
Hey guys,

The module should now be updated and the latest version should be available in the development branch.

I've added two more sections to the user manual, the NPC sheet and the Combat Tracker. In the Combat Tracker I have a couple of examples of the combat. If anyone has any feedback, questions or more things that they want in there - please let me know and I'll add it. My next goal is probably to make Abilities / Traits / etc more available to edit/configure. This is a pretty big task and one of the things I want to do before moving on towards the advanced players guide.

The work on the next sourcebook (which is an adventure module) is well under way. It's going a lot better much thanks to the story->reference manual converter that was recommended here. Many thanks for that!

stephan: Lets make it happen! Contact me on discord (I'm Simpe in the discord-channel), or on my mail simon at pixeldiet dot se.

vyruxx
April 17th, 2019, 08:56
hello, the ruleset has been great! congratulations for the overall result. Although I would rename the section that maps by images, since pictures and other things should be put there.
In addition it would be necessary to pass the adventure to the history section correctly, since many people buy adventures precisely because they are already involved and it saves us the job of passing them. Great examples are how the adventures of dnd5ed or pathfinder are passed.
On the other hand, can you tell which adventure module you are working on?
One doubt, the sidebar is final? because I find these icons very colorful for symbaroum tone.

stephan_
April 17th, 2019, 11:28
I know the feeling, personally I have moved to the Seth Skorkowsky described method. I was already 75% of the way there before watching this video, but some steps (like getting a friend and 1v1'ing elements of the system first) had me wondering why I had never thought of doing it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOwwICf-y_k

Thanks, that seems like a way to mitigate any issues. :)

Simpe
April 18th, 2019, 16:09
hello, the ruleset has been great! congratulations for the overall result. Although I would rename the section that maps by images, since pictures and other things should be put there.
In addition it would be necessary to pass the adventure to the history section correctly, since many people buy adventures precisely because they are already involved and it saves us the job of passing them. Great examples are how the adventures of dnd5ed or pathfinder are passed.
On the other hand, can you tell which adventure module you are working on?
One doubt, the sidebar is final? because I find these icons very colorful for symbaroum tone.

Hi Vyruxx, and sorry for the late answer!

Thanks for the feedback! Yes we've considered renaming the maps-section to images, but I think that the standard in fantasy grounds is maps?

The added adventure was written as a reference manual and not in the story initially because we didn't really know that it was the way it worked. In the upcoming modules we'll make sure to have both the Story part and the Reference Manual. We've started using the converter-tool for it so that will help us a lot in the future. I'll see if we can take time and convert the promised land to story as well, but I can't promise any time schedule for this unfortunately.

The icons are quite colorful indeed and for now they are sort of a first-iteration. They will probably be changed in the future, unfortunately our artist has fallen ill and we're not sure we can get much help with that for the time being. I'm going to see if we can get Martin to make the icons to get them true to the Symbaroum theme, but the same thing goes there - I can't promise anything.

I'll keep the next module secret until we're closer to figuring out when it'll be done :) But anyone familiar with Symbaroum should be able to make a pretty good guess ;)

Cheers,
Simon

Valyar
April 18th, 2019, 17:32
Thanks for the feedback! Yes we've considered renaming the maps-section to images, but I think that the standard in fantasy grounds is maps?

No standard on that, you can select the most appropriate name for your library. I also tend to agree with "Images" rather than maps.
Icons can be with dulled colors, to reflect the overall feeling of the book - dark fantasy and brutal world.

Trenloe
April 18th, 2019, 21:32
Doing a quick check of a few FG rulesets (and themes) - the only ruleset/theme I found that uses "Maps" (although I didn't do an exhaustive check) is the 5E ruleset with the default theme (i.e no theme selected).

The 5E Wizards theme uses "Images & Maps" which seems to be more of a baseline as CoreRPG, C&C, 3.5E, Pathfinder (1e and 2e) and a few others use this.

Savage Worlds, Call of Cthulhu (6th and 7th editions) use "Images".

vyruxx
April 20th, 2019, 10:01
Perhaps to improve the visibility of the ruleset, it should be clearer when you hit and when not. Other ruleset such as dnd5ed or pathfinder include icons in the chat when it is hit or fail.

Today I have the first game with the ruleset!

Valyar
April 20th, 2019, 10:02
Today I have the first game with the ruleset!
I envy. :D

vyruxx
April 20th, 2019, 23:41
The game has been a success and the ruleset has loved them! that if they have told me some things that should include, I tell you if you consider it possible.
First a place where it marks success or failures in death throes,perhaps whit a d20 to push.
Second a button or something to reset the temporary corruption and not do it by hand.
Third to be able to modify and put in hand skills to put what we want.
Thank you and I repeat that they have loved your ruleset and they send me to tell you what congratulations.

Simpe
April 23rd, 2019, 04:14
Hi all,

Thanks for all the help Trenloe & Valyar! We'll look into renaming the "Maps" to "Images". Unfortunately the guy who's making the graphics has fallen ill and I'm not sure when he'll be able to update any icons (that's why not all of them are complete).

The success/failure icon is also high up on the list, but the same issue remains there.

Vyruxx, I'm glad they liked it! I'm currently working on an editor for abilities/actions so that they can be configurable. However, it's a pretty big job.

A new patch has been submitted to SmiteWorks, here's the patchnotes for v1.04! Unfortunately, easter has been upon us so work has been slacking off a bit.

* Twin attack no longer applies some attack filters on weapons since they were added twice then.
* Removing a character, or deleting an effect with the right-click-menu from the CT now correctly updates the charactersheet of that character.

garrion_sw
April 24th, 2019, 03:58
I'm not sure if it has already been mentioned but as I understand the rules the Flexible quality should reduce armor impediment by 2 (0 for Light, -1 for med, and -2 for heavy). I have a 10 Quick and Woven Silk which is flexible but my Quick displayed under Defense is 8 instead of 10 like it should be. Mousing over the score shows the -2 Impeding but no mod for Flexible.

Simpe
April 24th, 2019, 06:26
I'm not sure if it has already been mentioned but as I understand the rules the Flexible quality should reduce armor impediment by 2 (0 for Light, -1 for med, and -2 for heavy). I have a 10 Quick and Woven Silk which is flexible but my Quick displayed under Defense is 8 instead of 10 like it should be. Mousing over the score shows the -2 Impeding but no mod for Flexible.

Hi Garrion!

Hmm, do you have the (flexible)-tag in the name of the equipment?

Simpe
April 24th, 2019, 09:54
Hi, I've managed to reproduce the bug and it's now on the top of my list of things to fix!

Valyar
April 25th, 2019, 18:20
OK, I got the product! Finally it is here and I have created a dummy campaign to explore the possibilities and provide my comments and concerns. Before I drop the list I managed to gather in the 1-2h I had available to play with the stuff, I want to say that I love it and the overall feeling is exactly what I expected to deliver for the game. Good job! You definitely won me as a customer when you are ready with the Monster Codex and Advanced Player Guide. But first thing first:

Bugs and missing things

The Occupation field is linked with the Race field on the Notes tab. It should not be like that and I strongly recommend against duplicate fields on different parts. There is suggestion on this part below.
The Name column in the Combat Tracker should be leftmost, now it is not scaling well when resized horizontally
The feature that moves the cursor from one field to the next on character sheet is moving first to Unspent XP then to XP, it should be in reverse.
Man-at-arms - the second level of the talent does not change the defense modifier, the ability states that the penalty should be removed?
WHERE WE DRAG THE TRAITS!?!?!? Please make the Abilities box "Abilities & Traits" so it can accept Traits as well. Players have no place in the charseet to drag it and refer during play.
The adventure is missing the Pre-Made characters. When you export the module, there is option to include the pre-generated characters. I believe this is super important, otherwise I have to invest hour or two to properly adjust them, as the stats in the book are modified by their Abilities.
I am not sure if this should be considered bug or feature, but when I edit the Abilities and Equipment & Combat sections, when I drag Ability in the list, the ability is not directly editable, I have to lock/unlock the whole list to edit the ranks. This is quite inconvenient. Also I noticed that modifications from Abilities are not always reflected in the Equipment & Combat section, I have to edit the lists, click on the ranks to trigger some OnUpdate function to make them visible and active. I hope there is something to be done.

Improvement Suggestions

Replace the body fonts... Those are horrible to read in the long run and I feel like I opened Word document and have fonts missing, reverting to some ugly default system fonts :) Please, consider using the default Core fonts or employ something non-serif that is appropriate for the screen. The "fancy" fonts that use the font family from the books are perfect, I love them.
Rework the character sheet and add borders to the top.It has been suggested above, and I really recommend it. Now it looks like the Charsheet is cut and looks horrible, compared to everything else that has super nice border and title bar to drag around!
Move the character-related box from the Notes section to the Main page... No point to have weight and etc in the Notes, all players I have like to have this on the main page and the nonsense that is carried from other rulesets should not be in this nice one! :)
In the Inventory tab, please do not leave the default empty strings in the Currency section for the players to populate. The settings has already known currency and coins, pre-set this and instead of editable string put a number box and non-player editable string matchign the type of coin to the right of it.
In Inventory and Notes - I suggest to use borders to separate the different frames, like you have in the Main tab between Abilities and Equipment & Combat. From style perspective it is much easy on the eye and look finished.
I don't like how the fields in the charsheet (Player name, char name, race, etc) and the text are aligned. The text should be aligned top, right under the line where we are supposed to populate, not like that. It is confusing at the moment, for example I put "Human" as character name the first time, and my guys as well.
Please, documentation! For example it is not clear to me which keywords are supported in the Equipment & Combat section so various modifiers can take effect. I noticed that Balanced, Cumbersome and etc. work, but lets have official supported list? :)
Add Symbaroum icon to the ruleset and be visible in the Launcher
Add image on the Tables, NPCs, Vehicles, Abilities, Races and Traits libraries. Dull down the colors of the existing for match the dark fantasy feeling.
Don't have the same icon for different libraries, also put the text below or in the middle. For example the rituals and etc are too close to each other and confusing to read.
I recommend to rework the maps - you copied the image from the PDF but the text is not visible. I suggest to screencapture the section as I did for Realm Works and have us have the district and other descriptions.
On the NPC sheets, put small boxes that show the overall modifier (-5 to +5) like you have it on the PC sheets.

I hope you take this as positive recommendation, I really want this ruleset to be as perfect as it can, Symbaroum is climbing quickly on the list of games I plan to invest a lot of time in.

PS: Ask SW for dedicated sub-forum, we can't talk for everything in single thread :D

EDIT: I found the module with the pregens, it was pointed out by Stephan. I still think it is great idea to put it into the adventure module!

Simpe
April 26th, 2019, 06:38
Hi Valyar!

First and foremost: Thank you for putting time and effort into writing up this feedback. It is truly appriciated!

Bugs:
1/2/3 were unknown and I'll add them to our tracker!
4 should be fixed if you are running on the development branch instead of the full build. I thought that SmiteWorks updated the actual module after they've gone through a week of the development-phase. I'll double check with them to make sure that the actual module is updated accordingly!
5. You can drag them to the abilities-box. I agree, it should be named better to include all the things that it supports. (It supports artifacts too).
6. These are included in the adventure module in the development build and should be patched in the future.
7. I had not noticed this, will also put on my todo-list!

Improvements:
1. Is done on the development branch!
2. It's made to look like the original character sheet. But yes I agree, since people seem confused about it it will be better to add a standard top to it. I'll add that one as well!
3. Hehehe... I'll add these things as well, though I think that the character sheet will be updated when I tackle the actual advanced player's handbook. Right now I'm focusing mostly on fixing known bugs and making sure that people can locally add feats/abilities etc.
4. I agree. I will add this!
5. I completely agree. Now that you mention it, it's very obvious.
6. Yes I've been thinking about this as well. It's a pretty standard form-cell way of putting it though. I'll add this as a note to the tracker on the bigger update to the character sheet.
7. There is documentation! I'd be glad to accept what I need to add to it! It's located on the wiki under user guides: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/User_Guides All keywords in the core rulebook should be supported.
8. I will look into this!
9. Yes unfortunately the guy who has been making the graphics for us has fallen ill and I'm not sure when he'll be able to help us out again. I'm trying to find someone that could help, so it's being worked on but I can't give any date when it will be improved.
10. Yes, same as 9.
11. Actually we copied the map from the source material, and when we do we don't get the texts since they're added in the tool that formats the entire pdf. If you get to the development branch there should be pins for everything, do you think this is good enough?
12. This is a very valid point. Actually the idea was to display their modifier and not their standard stat (which symbaroum does in their new books nowdays). I'm not sure how this slipped but thanks for pointing it out!

Once again, thank you so much for taking time to give this feedback. We greatly appreciate it and this is really helpful in making sure that we get the best possible product. We're very keen on making sure that the ruleset is as easy to use and as flexible as possible. If you want to check out our bugtracker, here it is: https://trello.com/b/mmwGpm3I/symbaroum-fantasy-grounds-ruleset

I'll ask SW for a dedicated sub-forum!

EDIT: You were right about man-at-arms, it is broken. I redid some of the way that modifiers are handled and apparently I broke something. This will be patched on tuesday!

Thanks,
Simon

Valyar
April 26th, 2019, 09:55
Hey Simpe,

I don't use Dev or Test branches, as there is no way to exclude specific product. It is either all or nothing in the current update model and I have a lot of stuffs that I don't want to be updated. Switching back and forward is... meh. BUT, because I like this ruleset I moved to Dev this morning. I am not noticing any difference when it comes to the body fonts. It is again this bold, not easy to distinguish i vs l one and etc. It is maybe because something is not pushed or on my end it was not properly updated. Nevertheless, I will wait for the prod release, none of those are deal breaking, especially when I see how active you are. If this was any other ruleset I would have go for a refund and wait for better times. :)

And for the documentation - damn it, how I missed that. I recalled that you intended to put a Wiki page, but in the long thread I might have missed the fact that it is now a real thing. I think that it is work listing all keyword that are supported and where they are supported, to avoid interpretations from the users.

On the topic related to Maps, I understand what you did - extracted the image from the PDF and the text is in fact on another layer. This is what I initially did too, when I was creating my Symbaroum realm in Realm Works. But in the end this is not quite useful. Because an image speaks more than hundred words, below is how it looks like in Realm Works and it can be easily transferred to FG. I did screenshot of the PDF at 150% zoom, which is quite acceptable and because the text is text, not image it scales properly. Then I added snippets and linked each part with content of the book (you can see on the left sidebar). This I did for the other maps, including the Ambria & Davokar main map. I think this is the betst approach, as it looks consistent and finished. This is my take on the topic.

I will be playing more with the ruleset, do some mock-up battles and see what happens. There will be game soon and I will run something in the following weeks, so this baby ruleset will be put to the test. :)

Simpe
April 26th, 2019, 12:16
Ahhh I see. Yes that is a problem. I'll communicate to SW that the builds should be pushed to the actual product so that there's not as much issues with the live one. I hadn't realized that it wasn't patched from the development-one.

Hmm with body fonts, which ones do you mean? I thought you meant the fonts used in the reference manual? If you mean the font on the character sheets then yes those are different and no we haven't changed those. If you can point out exactly which ones you're having issues with I'll see what we can do in order to get them better.

I can probably add all the keywords we support and also what the weapon-types etc do. I still have some plans on improvements here but the day only has so many hours unfortunately.

I understand what you mean with the texts now. It's more important for things such as yndaros where they have the names for different areas etc. The guy doing that work is on the first adventure module, but I'll see what we can do in order to get a better adapted map. Unfortunately if we change the resolution of it we'll have to move all the pins, but we'll see what we can do and which maps we can improve on!

Thank you so much for putting the effort in giving feedback. You can always ping me on discord (I'm Simpe in the fantasy grounds server), or just mail me with simon at pixeldiet.se.

Cheers,
Simon

Valyar
April 26th, 2019, 13:02
The body text is the one that is used almost everywhere and we spend most time reading - powers, items, abilities etc. It is very hard on the eyes in the long run. Again, a picture to show you which font I refer to. :)
What is marked in Yellow is the "body text".

Simpe
April 26th, 2019, 13:13
The body text is the one that is used almost everywhere and we spend most time reading - powers, items, abilities etc. It is very hard on the eyes in the long run. Again, a picture to show you which font I refer to. :)
What is marked in Yellow is the "body text".

Hi,

We did change it from another one which we thought was worse (and got some feedback from it). I agree that it's far from perfect but within the limitations of what FG offers us it's hard to get the font-rendering much better. The alternative is to find a different font that's not Symbaroum-based and uses one of the corerpg ones. Maybe that's a better alternative? I'm hoping that the font rendering will be improved in FG Unity.

Valyar
April 26th, 2019, 13:20
The rendering and font-support as a whole is not great in the Classic, indeed. I totally gave up when I tried to get original with my own extensions and modules.

I think the stock CoreRPG is quite good and readable. But this is my preference. Maybe it will be great idea rather than having overhaul of the ruleset for the font, to have small module for people that find the body font heavy on the eyes. It will give choice to people. :) As everything is in the Vault, I can only browse the content of the archive and not extract, to see which font I have to override.

Simpe
April 26th, 2019, 13:25
The rendering and font-support as a whole is not great in the Classic, indeed. I totally gave up when I tried to get original with my own extensions and modules.

I think the stock CoreRPG is quite good and readable. But this is my preference. Maybe it will be great idea rather than having overhaul of the ruleset for the font, to have small module for people that find the body font heavy on the eyes. It will give choice to people. :) As everything is in the Vault, I can only browse the content of the archive and not extract, to see which font I have to override.

Try overriding "reference_h", "reference_title" as fonts, I think those covers it.

The whole list of fonts that the symbaroum module is using/overriding from corerpg:
sheetstats
sheetbignumber
sheetlabelinline
charsheet_statlabel
sheetlabelmini
sheetlabel_white
sheetlabel
sheettext
defaultstringcontrol
sheet_equipment_numbers
sheet_equipment_numbers_big
quote-large
author-small
record_header
reference-h
reference-title
reference-r
reference-i
reference-b
reference-bi
reference-b-large
reference-page-header
subwindowtitle
sidebar

Hope that helps!

Valyar
April 28th, 2019, 10:59
Found bug: the "Damage" string in Equipment & Combat is in fact user-editable string. I am not sure if this is intended. Screenshot attached.

Simpe
April 28th, 2019, 14:26
Found bug: the "Damage" string in Equipment & Combat is in fact user-editable string. I am not sure if this is intended. Screenshot attached.

Thanks! I'll look into it!

Simpe
April 28th, 2019, 14:28
Oh also, fyi we couldn't get our own subforum for Symbaroum. SW doesn't think there's enough activity around it.

lostsanityreturned
April 28th, 2019, 19:27
Oh also, fyi we couldn't get our own subforum for Symbaroum. SW doesn't think there's enough activity around it.

Probably correct, if the forum had nesting I would question this.

Personally I think the thread should probably be stickied though, so people can easily see where to push those bug reports.

Butttt that leads to congestion issues too. All we can really do is hope that it gains traction over time :), reaching out to FriaLigan before the next kickstarter for Symbaroum might be worth it (although likely a long way out given that mother of darkness just ended)

Valyar
April 28th, 2019, 20:59
We will be there... this game needs love :)

damned
April 29th, 2019, 00:55
thread is now stickied

Valyar
April 29th, 2019, 07:04
Awesome, thanks! :)

Simpe
April 29th, 2019, 07:07
Yes thanks Damien!

vyruxx
April 30th, 2019, 16:53
Symbaroum Ruleset
[Fixed] Rageor now correctly wields his dagger in the offhand.
[Fixed] Default-characters are now back, they were removed in a bad text-merge.
[Fixed] Man at arms Adept should now correctly block any negative defense modifying values from equipment.
only fixed?

Valyar
May 1st, 2019, 00:25
There should be more fixes...

garrion_sw
May 1st, 2019, 03:10
Not precisely a bug this time, but more of a feature request. Could you add a function to enable or disable carried weapons, maybe an "equip" toggle. For example I have a parrying dagger in my weapon list but primarily I use a staff. However, just by having the dagger on my sheet, even though it is not currently in use, it gives the +1 bonus to my defense. I can easily get around this by adding a -1 mod, but just a convenience factor.

Thanks so far for your timely fixes and all the work put into this ruleset.

Simpe
May 1st, 2019, 06:30
I did a small patch on thursday to the test-branch which should have patched the live to 1.04b which was:
* Rageor now correctly wields his dagger in the offhand.
* Default-characters are now back, they were removed in a bad text-merge.
* Man at arms Adept should now correctly block any negative defense modifying values from equipment.

I'm going to update the first post with all the patch-notes!

I have one more fix which I haven't patched, which was that berserk doesn't correctly set your defense to 5. We have walpurgis night in Sweden, plus I've been working on getting the customized actions / abilities interface! It is nearing completion so hopefully that can be patched in 1-2 weeks. Once that is done, tasks should probably be done a lot quicker.

Garrion: Yes I've add that on my to-do!

Cheers,
Simon

Valyar
May 1st, 2019, 07:01
What about but #1 and #7 from my list, are those fixed?

@garrion_sw does the switch in "Equipment & Combat" works when it is switched to "Not Worn"?

Simpe
May 1st, 2019, 10:12
What about but #1 and #7 from my list, are those fixed?

@garrion_sw does the switch in "Equipment & Combat" works when it is switched to "Not Worn"?

Hmm actually no, they're not. If you check the trello-tracker they're still filed under bugs. I'll take a look at them today and see if I can get a patch in asap. Should be fairly easy fixes.

Also, if anyone that uses the ruleset would want to help me prioritize the bugs/tasks that are listed in the trello - that would be greatly appriciated. There's a lot of things that will be done but it'd be the best if that could be done in a way that helps the playing as much as possible.

To do so, please contact me on the discord-server... maybe we can get a separate room for the ruleset to discuss such things.

Cheers,
Simon

Simpe
May 1st, 2019, 10:18
Valyar:

I've checked that the occupation field is linked with the race field, but it's the race field in both. I think the reason why you're confused is because of how the fields on the main sheet is slightly confusing. The name of the field is above the text of the field, not below. It's the same thing in the Notes-field. I know that is confusing and it's something that we copied from the way it's done in the symbaroum character sheet. I'll look into having that changed to see how other rulesets do it... but I'll do that when I do a rehaul of the character sheet in order to add the title bar and everything like that.

Cheers,
Simon

Valyar
May 1st, 2019, 11:13
Yes, you are right, the Race field on the front and back of the sheet are linked properly. My mistake due to the alignment and the distance. Sorry for the fuss about that.

Simpe
May 1st, 2019, 11:37
Yes, you are right, the Race field on the front and back of the sheet are linked properly. My mistake due to the alignment and the distance. Sorry for the fuss about that.

No problems! I remember how confusing I thought the charsheet for symbaroum was - and I still do. I'd love some recommendations on how to fix the layout for the future! I did fix a couple of the other issues and that should be patched within a week.

Valyar
May 1st, 2019, 11:48
The layout is quite good. I made my suggestions on the improvements in my wall-of-text above and I think this is it. :) I like it and if you implement my recommendations I think I will like it even more :D
One of my players commented that he likes to have his portrait and token to be on the front part of the sheet all the times. I think it is worth breaking the "official layout" to have this.

Simpe
May 1st, 2019, 11:59
The layout is quite good. I made my suggestions on the improvements in my wall-of-text above and I think this is it. :) I like it and if you implement my recommendations I think I will like it even more :D
One of my players commented that he likes to have his portrait and token to be on the front part of the sheet all the times. I think it is worth breaking the "official layout" to have this.

I agree with having the portrait and token on the front part of the sheet! I will do that and most of your suggestions regarding the layout once I do the character sheet overhaul. There's quite a few things there that definitely could use some improvements. It'll probably take a while to get to that task though :/

Simpe
May 7th, 2019, 04:59
Hey guys,

v1.05 has been pushed to SmiteWorks:
Changelist v1.05:

Bugfixes:

* There was two "Lacquered Silk Cuirass" in items

* Armor modifiers were not parsed correctly. Flexible did not seem to work correctly.

* Man-at-arms adept was not really applied correctly. It now blocks the negative effect armors have on defense.

* Some fields in equipment was wrongly editable.

* Berserk did not accurately set your defense attribute modifier to 5 when using berserker att novice/adept.

* Poisonous duration is no longer 1

Features:

* Some page ref links were missing and are now added correctly.

* The feature that moves the cursor from one field to another on the character sheet now moves in a more expected way.

* Abilities are now correctly editable when dropped into an ability list that was set to editable.

* The tables and vehicles buttons were updated.

* Actions in abilities are now editable if you go to the ability-link in the character sheet.

NOTE: Because of the changes that have been done with the editable actions (which still has some minor features to go), it would be wise for you to remove+add all the abilities/traits/mystical powers/rituals for your characters. This is because the ability is now completely copied instead of referenced from the instance in your character sheet. There are probably some undetected bugs with the new action-editing, and it doesn't fully cover all the features but more of them will be added to the system as we go.

Valyar
May 7th, 2019, 20:01
It seems this didn’t get into today’s update.

Simpe
May 7th, 2019, 20:20
Did you try the test-branch? It should say v1.05 when starting up the chat then it's correct.

SW mailed me about the recommended remove/add and suggested a way to handle that automatically. Unfortunately that method didn't work out, so I guess I'll try to look into this tomorrow morning and see if I can do the fix in the init of the element instead... although the only difference is that if you don't re-import your abilities/traits - the only thing that happens is that you can't edit them with the new action-editor.

Valyar
May 9th, 2019, 09:18
I run from the Live branch, I am not into experimenting with Dev/Test one for now.

pauloralves
May 10th, 2019, 17:26
New here in the forum. Starting to prep my first FG Symbaroum campaign, and using the Copper Crown Trilogy for that. The designer promised that they were working in some "unnamed" module that we should know what it is (and yes, we know). Any ETA on the project?

Valyar
May 10th, 2019, 20:22
Two things to report:

The NPCs can't roll from their character sheet. The game in general requires players to roll, but under certain situations the NPCs have to roll as well. It will be convenient if you make the attributes entries rollable in NPCs panel.
Table 22 is missing. Check the attached screenshot.

Simpe
May 13th, 2019, 06:32
Pauloralves: Hi and welcome! Unfortunately we don't have any ETA on the project. It's going really well and a lot of the work has been done. There's still a lot to do and we're expecting some heavy amount of work from our day-to-day jobs the following two weeks. Progress during these weeks could be a bit slow :/

Hi again Valyar! Thanks for the bug reports!
In regards to 1 - the GM / NPC's should never roll any die in Symbaroum. The players should instead roll the die for the npc manually, and the GM should consider if it's a success or not. However - for simplification and ease of use I completely agree with you. I'm adding it on our tracker as a future feature that is toggleable from the options!

I'm also adding the bug in regards to 22 to our tracker, thanks!

Simpe
May 14th, 2019, 05:01
Hi,

v1.06 has been pushed to SW! Please check the second post for patchnotes!

EDIT:
Oh also, this one will be pushed to the LIVE branch in approximately one week if everything goes well!

Cheers,
Simon

Simpe
May 21st, 2019, 11:05
Hi all,

V 1.07 has been pushed to SW! Here are the patchnotes (also appears in second post).

Changelist 1.07:

* Corruption is now rolled correctly for mystic powers (and modified by wizardry/witchcraft/teurgy)

* Maps should no longer have all links shared by default

* Survival Instincts adept has been implemented

* Blight Born in Promised Land has correct armor calculated now. Armor calculations in general was diverging between rolls, npc sheet and combat tracker, this has been fixed.

* Table 22 in core rulebook has been added

* Characters are now automatically knocked prone if they take more damage than their pain threshold

* Characters that are knocked prone automatically receive advantage.

* Weapon / armor modifiers have been documented on the wiki.

* A permanent corruption roll automatically happens when you pass your corruption threshold. (toggleable by options)

* The items list is now categorized and can be sorted.

Best regards,
Simon

Valyar
May 21st, 2019, 16:17
I am looking forward to this update, as the current production (Live) is still 1.05. I got update of the ruleset today, but when I launch game it still says 1.05.

Simpe
May 22nd, 2019, 04:02
Hi Valyar!

Not sure why LIVE says 1.05... could be that I missed updating the number, or that something has gone wrong in the patching. Maybe they took from dev rather than debug or something, not sure.

If you're going to run a game this week, I definitely recommend running the 1.07 build. The armor-fix is particularly important.

Cheers,
Simon

Valyar
May 22nd, 2019, 06:47
The Release Updates show that in production version 1.06 has been rolled out. When I load the ruleset it shows v1.05. :)

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?49347-Release-Updates-for-May-21st-2019

Simpe
May 22nd, 2019, 11:44
I don't know why you have 1.05 even though it updated.

Giddoen
May 22nd, 2019, 13:59
The Release Updates show that in production version 1.06 has been rolled out. When I load the ruleset it shows v1.05. :)

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?49347-Release-Updates-for-May-21st-2019

I just launched mine last night and it indeed says 1.05 - Thanks for all your hard work on this...really excited to get this going and run a one shot...now if my personal life would just calm down!!!!

Simpe
May 23rd, 2019, 04:05
I'm guessing that either I didn't get the version number patched, or that something has gone wrong in the delivery of the build. Please change to the DEV branch so that you can use 1.07, it has some really important fixes and should be patched to the live branch on tuesday!

Valyar
May 29th, 2019, 07:21
The 1.07 is out in the production channel and the desired changes so far are finally here :) Thank you for the support and especially for bringing the district names in the Yndaros map back. :)
I can't test much this or next week as the planned game won't happen, but I am anxious to test the automation and the combat with the advantage mechanics.

stephan_
June 1st, 2019, 23:40
Thank you for your work.

Mark of the Beast mostly done. Without spoilers: Players seemed to have fun (but lacking many abilities to gain additional insights). Like the Pied Piper or ducks they seem to be collecting a trail of orphans however...

Issues that occurred today:

No enemy health display options (I could have sworn it worked in previous versions)

If damage (BEFORE armor is subtracted) reaches the pain threshold, prone is added automatically.

Dragging tokens on the map (grid drawn before, using add friendlies - green - icon) results in huge tokens

Creating NPCs various bugs, among them: attributes seem to reset to 0 when closing the window, traits/abilities only draggable after an empty item has been created, toggleable options in equipment only work after disabling and the re-enabling editing, adding an adept or master level to an NPC gives an error message, armor sometimes still seems to be off by one in some instances between NPC sheet, combat tracker and manual calculation (and can't be fixed manually)

Other notes: The map pins seem to be notes (as far as I'm aware story entries in other rulesets)

Valyar
June 2nd, 2019, 07:55
I have played around with creating new NPCs, and as stephan_ above I find it quite impossible to do so and this is huge showstopper for the games I plan. Please let me know if I am doing something incorrectly, as it might be the case sometimes :) So the issues:

Trait or Ability cannot be dragged from the respective library if the lists are just opened for edit. I must create a blank trait or ability, before I can drag something from the library. I tried to drag to various places on the interface, without luck. So the workflow is - open list for edit, create blank line, drag trait/ability, delete the empty one.
When I open the Equipment list for editing, there is a bug that prevents me to modify the object unless I close and re-open the list. Image with bug01 is attached to visualize what I mean
Every ability when added to the list generates exception in the console that prevents it from doing anything (such as modifying the defense or increasing the damage of a weapon). The code block below.
None of the Equipment fields are "user editable". This makes it very hard to make some really custom enemies (in addition to not being able to do anything due to the bug above) outside of the standard rules. I understand that the fields are automated based on numerous criteria, but I don't think it should be big issue to allow also to be over-writable by the GM in case of need. It will also increase the speed of creating custom NPC significantly, as I can simply put the values. For example we can have custom weapon and custom armor and leave to the GM to determine the values without increasing the complexity of the code.
There is big issue with the "size" value of the player characters when using the map. I presume some value used somewhere in the character sheet (or if you re-use and rename the size to something else) is taken as creature size when dragged on gird-enabled map. This results in PC being size 3 with reach 3. Even when the tokens are resized, the "reach and effect" box remain the same of size 3. Screen-clippings attached. This is causing cosmetic issue (I think), as I presume the ruleset is not taking the distance categories and their ranges introduced in the Adv. Player's Handbook yet?
As a player I don't see the initiative values... I don't remember if this was the case before. Screen-clipping of CT from player view added.

Please check if those are bugs indeed or I do something incorrectly.

Also something that is not a bug, but looks very strange and "beta version" is the reporting in the chat box when player character rolls "to hit" with weapon. The reports is "s'No NPC target. Unmodified roll'|nil|nil". While I get the debug, I think it can be more friendly or invisible to the player.

Another thing that I find a bit hard to read is the reporting after a roll. The TN is not listed at all and the number after [Success] or [Failure] is confusing and reports the degree of failure and success, which I think is not used in the rules anywhere. Maybe it is better to report the final TN after all modifiers are taken into account such as the example below and remove the numbers after success or failure?

[Attribute] Accurate vs. TN XX
[Success]

Script Error: [string "scripts/abilitylist_checkbox.lua"]:107: attempt to call field 'onUpdate' (a nil value)
Script Error: [string "scripts/abilitylist_checkbox.lua"]:107: attempt to call field 'onUpdate' (a nil value)

Simpe
June 3rd, 2019, 11:37
Oh dear lord... my entire post disappeared because I mistakingly pressed one of the pictures.

First of all, thank you both for the bug reports and specifically the pictures and detailed description from you Valyar! Much appriciated. This will make it a lot easier to solve the issues.

In regards to dragging tokens and NPC's on maps... I've tried to modify the scales and sizes used in the ruleset but it did not do anything. The only thing that seemed to actually change anything was if I added grids to the map. Unfortunately we haven't been able to get the none-grid versions of the maps, but we're working on it. Not sure that we actually can get them, or can get all of them. We'll see.

stephan_: I'm not sure I understand if map pins being notes is good or bad? How should it be? The rest of your bugs will be added to the tracker!
Valyar: Players shouldn't see the initiative values, I'll see if I can remove the information displayed there! Thanks!
The no-npc message should definitely be implemented better. To explain: It's the damage that a player rolls if they don't drop the damage-die onto an npc, or if they don't have a target. If you drop it onto the npc or pick a target and then double-click it you should get correct behavior and automated hp-removal etc.

Degrees of success and failure is important because you weigh it against the modifier by the enemy if you're not doing it directly against them. I agree that when you're dropping the die onto a target, the roll should be more easily understandable. I'll see if I can make it more easy to understand! Thanks for making a note about this, because I've been thinking about it before and I haven't been certain of how to format the information in a more appropriate way so that it is easier to understand.

Thank you both for the bug reports! I'll add these to the trello-board as soon as I can and start working on them as soon as possible.

Oh also! A last note in regards to NPC-editing - there has been some issues there and we've already solved some of them since we're now using the UI to create enemies (in the upcoming module). Expect big improvements on this part, and also hopefully the possibility to set the damage on an npc's weapon. The feature already exist but you have to do it through xml. It's just that the UI doesn't correctly support it, but I'll start fixing that!

Cheers,
Simon

stephan_
June 3rd, 2019, 23:08
Looking forward to being able to edit the weapon damage values!

@Note pins: Not a big issue, but as far as I know story entries have more editing possibilities, linking, ... Notes seem to be primarily used by players. Probably not worth changing the older links but might be interesting going forward.

Simpe
June 4th, 2019, 04:20
stephan_: I have looked at the going-prone thing and looking at it, it's done inside the calculations for hps, and it's using the value that is calculated for the amount of toughness that's withdrawn from the player. And from what I have seen that is after armor is applied. This only goes for npc's though. Could you please verify?

stephan_
June 4th, 2019, 17:52
Hm, it does indeed seem to work correctly at the moment. I'll let you know if I encounter something weird again though if you don't mind.

Simpe
June 4th, 2019, 19:39
If you find an exact repro-case that would be awesome! It's probably a quirk somewhere that I missed!

Thanks!

kazar86
June 5th, 2019, 14:44
Hi! I'm new so I'm sorry if someone else had already asked this.
How I can set the permanet corruction when I create a new npc?

Valyar
June 5th, 2019, 16:19
Hi! I'm new so I'm sorry if someone else had already asked this.
How I can set the permanet corruction when I create a new npc?
The NPC window follows closely the format in the books. I would say you use the "Shadow" field and put the amount of corruption in brackets.

kazar86
June 5th, 2019, 17:36
The NPC window follows closely the format in the books. I would say you use the "Shadow" field and put the amount of corruption in brackets.

Ok, perfect.

Simpe
June 24th, 2019, 15:45
Hey guys, sorry for the long wait but 1.08 is finally pushed to SmiteWorks so eventually it'll make it into the dev branch and then stable.

These are the changes that are done in the 1.08 release:

Added:

Support for having actions that remove effects
Pain threshold modifier is now supported
Traits have their own displayclass, and all traits have been modified to suit this purpose.
Mystical powers now have their own displayclass, and all mystical powers have been updated to suit this.
Armor Piercing is now an active action for marksman (master) & two-handed force (master).
Added new button for races
Added new button for NPCs
Added new button for traits
Added NPC weapon damage override (when making your own npc's)
NPC's can now have ability/traits/items dropped anywhere and they are placed in the correct list.
Improved behavior of inventory editable behavior.
Tables are now listed under the global table library.
Eye drops are now implemented
Purple sap is now implemented and heals temporary corruption
Added the "ablaze" weapon modifier (+1d4 damage)
A Health display option for the clients has been added

Fixed:

Ability name does not intrude upon the link button for none-ranked traits.
Better handling of determining which type an ability/trait/mystical power is in the sheets.
Cleaned up some minor issues regarding visualization of actions
Corrected contested behavior for a lot of mystical powers (and their effects).
Correctly implemented maltransformation's master level action.
Correctly implemented embrace's adept level action.
Fixed item name for buckler (was flail).
Robust now correctly applies extra damage as well.
Improved functionality for editing equipments for NPC's
Equipment can now be deleted when editing NPC's
Equipment is now correctly modifiable when dropped into an editable equipment list
Fixed NPC weapon damage mismatch between sheet / CT
NPC traits/abilities should now have the correct color display and name display.
Typo on Prio's Burning Glass fixed
Renamed "Cultural" traits to "General"
Added filtering for traits
Removed initiative visualization for clients
Fixed bug for failed links for traits/abilities making it into a static node which then never copied their data.
Corrected the module-category for the Symbaroum Core Rulebook

There are more fixes and features coming in the future, and still more things to do. But now the next module is being sent to SW as well and in a couple of weeks we will start the next and third module!

Cheers,
Simon

Valyar
June 24th, 2019, 15:49
Fantastic, looking forward to the production release :) My online group just voted for the next game they want me to run and Symbaroum managed to beat the Call of Cthulhu just a little bit. The 1.08 will come in handy. :)

Simpe
June 24th, 2019, 15:53
I'm glad to hear that Valyar! Let me know when you've tested 1.08 and if there are any prioritized features/bugs and I'll make sure to try to get them done as soon as possible!

Simpe
June 24th, 2019, 16:04
Oh also, if it hasn't been obvious enough: The upcoming release is The Chronicle of the Copper Crown. Should be available within a couple of weeks or so :) After that we're probably going to start look at APG!

Valyar
June 24th, 2019, 16:08
Advanced Player's Guide is fantastic, I definitely want it :)

Valyar
July 3rd, 2019, 08:46
Good morning :)

The 1.08 is out according to the updates in the City Watch forum and I was quite excited to get it, but now I am more frustrated than before. :( I am not sure what I got. I even moved to the Test branch just to confirm that this is the same (and it is). I also went to extremes and deleted the .dat files to ensure nothing is wrong with the file itself. I really don't have time to verify if each fix is working, but several things I noticed that leads me to believe that something is not right with the way updates are pushed or maintained.

Before I list the problems I found, I still want to thanks for the improvements - changing the initiative for example on the CT.

The chat box states 1.07 as version. I know this is text in the XML but still is confusing.
The stated NPC, Races and Traits buttons are not available, it is still text on diamond-shaped border
The NPC creation is still problematic (more on that below)

I have no opportunity to test if the abilities and mystical powers work properly.

The biggest problem for me is the NPC dialog. What I have issues with and I hope it is just me not using it properly:

I still have to create blank ability using the + button before I can drag and drop something from the library. Even on unlocked sheet.
I am unable to put ranks in ability that is dropped, I must lock-unlock the sheet first (it was like that in the PC sheet). Unfortunately, when I attempt to put rank, no matter what I do I am getting script error: Script Error: [string "scripts/abilitylist_checkbox.lua"]:107: attempt to call field 'onUpdate' (a nil value)
When I assign attributes to a NPC, unless I am using the tab key to move to the next attribute, the character sheet is not calculating the modifier. This causes problems with the weapons and their to-hit value. I can't type number, mouse-click the next, type number etc. have to use tab. It is not problem to use tab, just reporting this bug.
When I modify an Accurate attribute after I have a weapon assigned, the new value is not taken into account in the "To Hit". This makes impossible to rework a NPC without re-creating its weapons completely.
When I drag custom NPC to the combat tracker, the damage field of the weapon is empty. When I try to click it, I get script error: Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_action_damage.lua"]:351: attempt to perform arithmetic on field 'modifier' (a string value). Obviously, it shouldn't be null, as in the sheet I have 4, 6, 8 and etc as flat damage.
Racial category string of custom NPC is not taken into account in the filtering dialog of NPC library. I must select (Empty) to appear in the filter. I am using the same string as the other NPCs. After experimenting, it seems that the categorization is done on the XML files rather than the NPC sheet and it does not matter what I write.

Giddoen
July 6th, 2019, 00:44
I can confirm Valyar's post that I just updated FG today July 5th 2019 @ 1842 CST and when launched FG is still saying Symbaroum 1.07.

Really hoping then issues get fixed so I can start running some games as my local scene is kinda lame and FG is my only outlet to run other games like Symbaroum....

Thanks guys and keep up the great work....

Valyar
July 10th, 2019, 07:38
The 1.08 is now rolled out and I am very happy with the progress. :) The NPCs can now be created without issues and at least I can proceed with the homebrew adventure I am planning. There is some regression and I have to report some new bugs that are problematic (as always, screenshot attached):

When PC or NPC is dragged to the combat tracker, the abilities are zeroed unless the campaign is reloaded. This is for custom and library-based NPCs and PCs.
Even if I reload the campaign, it seems that the modifiers for Defense based on Quick for example is not taken into account and Kvarek is rolling against Def 0 even if the targeted enemy has Quick of -3 or more. There is some issue with the rolls, I can't replay all possible scenarios though.
There is script error when damage is rolled, related to manager_action_armor.lua. Rolling damage against target does not work.
When I expand a NPC in the Combat Tracker and I click the link to its Trait or Ability, so I can remind myself what the hell it is doing, it is no longer opening the proper article. Every trait or ability is opening blank window of the same category, as shown in the screenshot with the Poisonous. If I open the link from the NPC library or PC sheet everything is OK. Something breaks when an instance of the NPC is copied to the Combat Tracker.
There is some graphical glitch when PC/NPC is targeted but the "Target" category in the combat tracker is hidden. I highlighted this in the screenshot as well.

The attack modifiers are still not amended when attribute is changed.

PS: I love the new Races and Traits icons... hilarious :D Maybe for the Abilities button you can put something similar to the "flex biceps" emoji.

Valyar
July 22nd, 2019, 08:52
Any update planned to address the critical bug with the CT?

Simpe
July 27th, 2019, 19:28
Hey guys,

So sorry about this! I haven't received any notifications for this thread so I assumed that everything was going well and was having a nice summer. I'll look into these issues ASAP and will make sure to hand you guys fixes as soon as possible. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Cheers,
Simon

Simpe
July 29th, 2019, 15:59
Hi,

Just wanted to follow up with progress:

Valyar: Thanks a ton for reporting the bugs - as usual! Extremely helpful!

NPC Creation : Some of these were fixed in 1.08 which I think you got patched after the posting - but I'll go through them anyway!

* The + for adding abilities should no longer be needed as of 1.08
* Dropping ranks onto a sheet can be done even if it's not set to writeable (maybe I should change that?). Changing level of abilities is only possible if the sheet is unlocked. However, if the sheet is unlocked and you drop an ability onto it - it should be possible to change the level of it directly as of 1.08.
* onUpdate crash should be fixed as of 1.09
* Attributes should be applied when the element loses focus now, not only when using tab.
* Weapons/equipment should be correctly updated after changing accurate (or any stats) as of 1.09.
* Damage fields on NPC's weapons in CT should now be correctly calculated from its instance, and not cause the crash you describe. (the reason of the crash is that the value was somehow not copied/updated correctly).
* Racial category thing is separate from actual race, which is why you're seeing this issue. This will unfortunately be patched in 1.10.

* The zeroing of attributes has been reproduced and fixed.
* The modifiers for defense based on quick is not taken into account I have not been able to reproduce. I did this after the zeroing of attributes fix though,
* I could not reproduce the rolling of damage vs targets. I'm not sure what you're seeing but maybe this is if you're trying to fight something without armor. I'll try to look into this and see if I can find a solution tonight!
* The graphical glitch for targeting when not expanding all - I've tried to solve this previously but it seems to be how CoreRPG handles things. If anyone has any solution to it, I'd gladly accept help with it!

I'll continue to work on these fixes tonight and send a patch to SW before heading off to bed. Hopefully this should be up on the test branch within a day or two!

Thanks
Simon

Valyar
July 29th, 2019, 16:12
I think due to the criticality of the CT bug, the update once confirmed that works should be pushed to the production server :)

Simpe
July 29th, 2019, 17:37
Yes agreed! I'll make sure that SW gets that info - thanks for the reminder!

Simpe
July 29th, 2019, 18:55
Hey all,

I just pushed a new patch to SW. Here is the changelist for 1.09:

FIXED:
* Traits & Abilities were not correctly editable for dropped abilities/traits onto npc's.

* NPC Equipment received no name in CT.

* Script crash when trying to deal damage to something without an armor

* Npc's weapons not updating correctly when the associated attributes are updated.

* Script crash when dropping the wrong things into the CT

* Attributes were not updated correctly for NPC's and players when dropping them into the CT.

* NPC's stats were not correctly updated even when losing focus but only on tab movement.

* Iron fist, natural weapon and alternative damage were applied wrong or not at all.

I've also updated the Copper Crown with the following patch notes:

FIXED:

* Missing thumbnail

* Items were not listed correctly in the library

* Some categories were incorrect

Please evaluate the ruleset if you can on testing once it's patched and/or on live. If I don't respond within 24 hours - just ping me on the discord server as Simpe.

Cheers,
Simon

Valyar
August 3rd, 2019, 06:33
I tested the last updates and here are the findings (unfortunately still bugs in CT), but I think the game is more or less playable now and I can plan for the Copper Crown.

Adding PC to CT generates the listed errors below, the stats are blank.
Adding NPC to CT also generates the errors below, but the stats are not blank and from the few test rolls I see they properly modify the attack/opposed rolls.
Links to abilities of NPC from CT open empty page.

I am not sure if the error is breaking anything or not.

Two small improvements that I can suggest, based on the recent testings:

Add reporting line if damage suffered by PC/NPC is above its Pain Threshold. Will be much easier and less things to follow.
Add two lines of small buttons numbered from -1 to -5 and +1 to +5 between the Modifiers box and the dice on the desktop. This will allow players to very quickly apply modifiers to a roll, rather than typing them manually each time. I know I can make modifiers and make them visible in the respective panel, but this is much much easier for players and GM. D&D 5e ruleset and Cthulhu have similar buttons.

Script Error: [string "scripts/ability_list.lua"]:70: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)
Script Error: [string "scripts/ability_list.lua"]:70: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)
Ruleset Warning: window: Could not find minimize icon (minimized_char) in windowclass (charsheet)
Ruleset Warning: window: Could not find minimize icon (minimized_char) in windowclass (charsheet)

Simpe
August 3rd, 2019, 06:46
Hi Valyar,

Can you confirm that this is on the latest TEST-branch?

Thanks,
Simon

pauloralves
August 3rd, 2019, 16:28
In my version, 1.09, I'm receiving the same error codes

Simpe
August 3rd, 2019, 18:53
Hi pauloralves,

Yes unfortunately it seems like my patch was not applied by SW so the 1.09b is not applied. I'm not sure why this happened but I've been in contact with SW in order for them to apply the new patch as soon as possible. I'm hoping that they'll patch it during monday!

Thanks,
Simon

Valyar
August 6th, 2019, 19:31
Despite the big update today, the ruleset was not patched. :(

lokiare
August 6th, 2019, 20:18
Ruleset has been updated in patch, just now.

Moon Wizard
August 6th, 2019, 22:41
We are showing v1.091 in the files that we received from Simpe that lokiare pushed a couple hours ago. If they need to be further updated, Simpe can send us the latest files; and we'll get them pushed.

Regards,
JPG

Simpe
August 7th, 2019, 08:52
Hey guys!

Thank you so much for looking into this Moon Wizard & Ioklare!

Hopefully you guys should see version 1.091 now when starting the client and the CT issues should be resolved!

Thanks,
Simon

Valyar
August 7th, 2019, 12:49
Yes, we got the 1.091 and all looks good. I don't have time to test, but adding combatants and opening the links to the library is now working fine.
I still see a PC stats as 0s in the CT and I don't remember if this was the normal behavior?

ProfDogg
August 11th, 2019, 01:32
Alright, playing around with the ruleset bc I'm running a game in about 2 weeks... I've got a PC and one NPC opponent in the tracker. NPC has initiative. How does the NPC attack (i.e. how does the attack get generated from his entry so that the PC rolls defense)? Or does the PC roll defense from his sheet against the NPC? What button do I hit?

Valyar
August 11th, 2019, 07:53
For the defense you ask the player to apply modifier and roll defense from the character sheet. The current implementation does not provide automation on the defense rolls.
There are some user guides in the Wiki (scroll down to Symbaroum): https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/User_Guides

ProfDogg
August 11th, 2019, 12:03
For the defense you ask the player to apply modifier and roll defense from the character sheet. The current implementation does not provide automation on the defense rolls.
There are some user guides in the Wiki (scroll down to Symbaroum): https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/User_Guides

Ah, got it. I was reading through this forum and thought it did have automation from what I was seeing. That's easy enough then... Thank you...

ProfDogg
August 11th, 2019, 12:57
Playtesting here and just realized that the pre-gen Ansel is wearing a Blessed Robe but it's not reflecting the Flexible quality. Bartolom's does though so it looks like it's probably a error just in the entry for Ansel (missing its tag I assume).

Simpe
August 14th, 2019, 06:25
Hey all,

Once again my notifications for this thread aren't working :(

Thanks for the bugs Valyar & ProfDogg. I know I tried pulling in character sheets into the CT and saw their stats correctly, maybe there's a corner-case that's not really working. I'll try to reproduce it tonight. Hopefully both of these should be fixed by next patch!

I'd also like to let you guys know that the Chronicle of the Copper Crown has now been released!

LordEntrails
August 14th, 2019, 06:39
FYI, you only get one notification for new posts in a thread until you visit that thread while logged in. If you are not logged in, the forum will not know you visited :)

Simpe
August 14th, 2019, 06:56
Thank you for the information LordEntrails, but I didn't get any message even after visiting the thread. The problem was that I didn't get any notification even after I've posted in this thread.

I've tried unsubscribe/resubscribe now so hopefully that should be improved (I saw your reply, so seems like it!).

ProfDogg
September 5th, 2019, 01:58
Interesting problem I can't seem to quantify. I have one PC character whose Abilities & Powers occasionally "disappear". We start play on Monday so this isn't a case of the player screwing around and doing it by accident. I build all of the PCs into FG after they send me their builds so I can essentially audit them as I enter them. I have one character who every time I open it has at least one of his Abilities & Powers entries either disappear or go "blank" (i.e. the text disappears from the entry). It only does it from the entries I create (not the ones that get dropped and dragged from the main rulebook). I added several Boons and Burdens and one Ability from the Advanced Players Guide so I have 8 entries in that category box. I tried creating the entries in their respective categories (I put Boons and Burdens under Traits) so I could drop-and-drag but that seems to mess up the order worse and "force" one of the other entries out. So then I just built the entries from whole-cloth from within the Box but it is still not stable (but seems to "stick" better). Any suggestion or insight? Right now, I think it's stable but who knows the next time I open it...

grimm01
September 5th, 2019, 04:15
Symbaroum Ruleset v 1.02 Patch notes:

This is still an issue in v 1.091
It visually changes on the character sheet but the actual roll (when dragged and dropped or double clicked) is still as if you didn't have Shield Fighter (single handed 1d8 short 1d6).

Simpe
September 5th, 2019, 10:14
Hey guys,

ProfDogg - I've tried to reproduce this on latest build but can't seem to do it. There was some extensive changes as to how this was done recently, could you please verify that it works correctly in the 1.091 version?

Grimm01: Thank you, I'll look into and fix that for the rolls as well! Strange that it didn't work for both.

Valyar
September 8th, 2019, 08:33
When I clone a NPC with drag & drop in attempt to cut some time in prep, I am getting the following error when I lock/unlock
Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/npc.lua"]:15: attempt to call field 'update' (a nil value)

Valyar
September 8th, 2019, 12:27
There is one very annoying and critical bug:

Defense rolls from Character Sheet's "Equipment" section are not taking into account the content of the Modifier box. The modifier stays unconsumed.

ProfDogg
September 8th, 2019, 12:59
Hey guys,

ProfDogg - I've tried to reproduce this on latest build but can't seem to do it. There was some extensive changes as to how this was done recently, could you please verify that it works correctly in the 1.091 version?

Grimm01: Thank you, I'll look into and fix that for the rolls as well! Strange that it didn't work for both.

Still doing it (again, just for this one PC entry). I can't figure out the cause so I basically did a workaround by just sticking the Boon entries into the Notes tab. Now the only entries I have are the vanilla Abilities from the corebook and one Ability I translated that seems to stick if I don't add anything new into the field.

Simpe
September 9th, 2019, 10:11
Hey guys,

Valyar - will be looking into that as soon as I can. That shouldn't be too hard to fix, I think!
ProfDogg - Hmmm, maybe there is something that has been screwed up with that player entry in the database? Does it still happen with a newly created character?

ProfDogg
September 14th, 2019, 17:25
I'm having that same issue with new characters being created. Still not certain what the cause is. I'll be working through it before next session again. New question: I'm adding in Knife Play from APG. How do I get the Knives I add in to automatically use Quick instead of Accurate. I'm not sure how Sixth Sense works for bows and Vigilance but I was just going to "copy' that.

Simpe
September 23rd, 2019, 18:53
Hey guys,

Finally stuff at work has slowed down so I can focus a bit on this.

I've started working on the modifier box for all the rolls and implemented it. Just needs some testing and then I'll put it into the next patch.
I've also fixed the issue about copied npc's bugging out when you try to set them to be modifyable.

ProofDogg: I will try to get to your issue before next patch (which is early next week), but without a solid repro-case it might be hard for me to identify and solve the bug. I'll try my very best though!

Cheers,
Simon

kazar86
October 8th, 2019, 11:31
Hi! Any informations about the release of the advanced player guide?

Simpe
October 8th, 2019, 11:40
Hi,

Sorry no new progress on the apg. I've been buzy with selling my apartment and moving - something that came up suddenly and will probably be done in about a month. I have some fixes that are done that I want to patch the ruleset with but unfortunately there was a few more things that I discovered was broke while implementing them. Hopefully I'll get some time during the next week or so since it'll be a little bit of an air there unless we get access to the new apartment.

Sorry about that,
Simon

kazar86
October 10th, 2019, 15:36
Hi,

Sorry no new progress on the apg. I've been buzy with selling my apartment and moving - something that came up suddenly and will probably be done in about a month. I have some fixes that are done that I want to patch the ruleset with but unfortunately there was a few more things that I discovered was broke while implementing them. Hopefully I'll get some time during the next week or so since it'll be a little bit of an air there unless we get access to the new apartment.

Sorry about that,
Simon

Ok thanks. I was thinking about begin to work on Karvosti but for the NPS I think I will wait apg.

Valyar
October 12th, 2019, 08:15
One question and maybe a bug:

1. How to configure the Exceptional Attribute ability so it is taken into account by the ruleset? I see NPCs that have it configured but I see no way to do it when creating custom NPC.

Maybe bug:
When I drag and drop Exceptional Attribute ability on NPC it is created three times instead of one.

AKB
October 14th, 2019, 11:46
Loving this ruleset! A few problems, but the only showstopper for me. I need to generate lot of random table rolls and the tables seem to be quite buggy. It does allow creation of a rollable table, but after creating it, no red globe icon appear on it and, once closed, it can never be opened again. Before closing it, dragging the red icon to the hotkey bar does work, so it seems like a minor bug where the icon needs to show up before and after the table is saved.

Thanks!

Edit: normal tables also can never be accessed after creating them: FYI. The red icon always does show on the info card, but never shows in the table list. Clicking on any created table entry name or blank box where icon should be opens nothing.

Valyar
October 30th, 2019, 14:46
Any update here?

Simpe
October 30th, 2019, 14:50
Hi Valyar,

My move is finished on Thursday next week. I've been trying to get in time for work on the module but unfortunately to no avail. At that point I will probably be without internet for a few days and once that's clear I can finally get back to my old routine and put down some hours into the module. So unfortunately I don't think that there will be any updates for at least another 2 weeks. I have managed to get some time into it but the issues are chaining around a bit and I haven't managed to get it into a stable state yet.

Sorry about this.

Valyar
October 31st, 2019, 08:34
No sweat, ruleset works and I can host games. :)

Valyar
November 16th, 2019, 00:09
There has been an update to the Symbaroum ruleset along with the FG 3.3.9 version, but I don't see anything in the patch notes. What has been fixed? The modifier box still adds to the die result instead of modifying the target number of the rolls for example.

Moon Wizard
November 16th, 2019, 00:09
There was a minor patch for FGU compatibility that was applied to most rulesets by me; that's probably what you saw.

Regards,
JPG

Valyar
November 16th, 2019, 00:11
Thanks! :)

Simpe
November 16th, 2019, 07:27
Hey guys,

Just wanted to let you know that I fixed a mobile internet and will work on a patch on sunday - so hopefully I can get a patch done then and get some of the more important fixes done!

Cheers,
Simon

Simpe
November 18th, 2019, 18:31
Hi all,

The patch for 1.10 has been delivered to SmiteWorks and hopefully you will see the updates in the test-branch as soon as possible.

Fixes:

Correctly applies advantages to attack actions.

Added a reference table library section where all the reference library tables now are located in. The old table library now correctly takes rollable tables.

Replaced the abilities button with correct icons, and the same for mystical traditions.

Crashfix for duplicating and editing NPC's.
Fix for bad attribute values on players in CT.

Features:

Modifier stack now applies to all roll-targets instead of rolled dice.

Known bugs:

The icon for the reference table library uses the same icon as the table library. This will be patched as soon as possible.

Hope this makes things more stable!

Please let me know how it works out and any new bugs I introduced or that you can find.

Thanks,
Simon

MARVIN THE ARVN
December 24th, 2019, 22:15
Hey,

Sadly, it seems this rule-set isn't in the festive sale, it might be worth considering putting this in the sale as although it's unlikely I'll run the game I would buy it in support of a non 5E product if it was a bit cheaper, £20 is quite expensive if one isn't planning to use it.

Either way, it's great to see a product like this.

garrion_sw
January 1st, 2020, 15:38
I don't see any other threads addressing Unity bugs so I'll just post it here.

Upon launching the Symbaroum ruleset in Unity I get the following errors:

[1/1/2020 9:27:33 AM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] font: Missing file. (Symbaroum) () ()
[1/1/2020 9:27:33 AM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] font: Missing file. (Symbaroum) () ()
[1/1/2020 9:27:34 AM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] font: Unable to load file. (Symbaroum) (graphics/fonts/Rosetta - Skolar Latin Pro Bold.otf) (graphics/fonts/Rosetta - Skolar Latin Pro Bold.otf)
[1/1/2020 9:27:35 AM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] font: Unable to load file. (Symbaroum) (graphics/fonts/Rosetta - Skolar Latin Pro Bold.otf) (graphics/fonts/Rosetta - Skolar Latin Pro Bold.otf)
[1/1/2020 9:27:35 AM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] font: Unable to load file. (Symbaroum) (graphics/fonts/Rosetta - Skolar Latin Pro.otf) (graphics/fonts/Rosetta - Skolar Latin Pro.otf)
[1/1/2020 9:27:35 AM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] font: Unable to load file. (Symbaroum) (graphics/fonts/Rosetta - Skolar Latin Pro.otf) (graphics/fonts/Rosetta - Skolar Latin Pro.otf)
[1/1/2020 9:27:35 AM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] font: Unable to load file. (Symbaroum) (graphics/fonts/Font Bureau - BentonSans-Regular.otf) (graphics/fonts/Font Bureau - BentonSans-Regular.otf)
[1/1/2020 9:27:35 AM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] font: Unable to load file. (Symbaroum) (graphics/fonts/Font Bureau - BentonSans-Regular.otf) (graphics/fonts/Font Bureau - BentonSans-Regular.otf)
[1/1/2020 9:27:35 AM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] font: Unable to load file. (Symbaroum) (graphics/fonts/Rosetta - Skolar Latin Pro Italic.otf) (graphics/fonts/Rosetta - Skolar Latin Pro Italic.otf)
[1/1/2020 9:27:35 AM] [WARNING] font: Missing TTF tag for (record_header) in ruleset (Symbaroum) (fonts.xml)
[1/1/2020 9:27:35 AM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] font: Unable to load file. (Symbaroum) (graphics/fonts/Rosetta - Skolar Latin Pro Italic.otf) (graphics/fonts/Rosetta - Skolar Latin Pro Italic.otf)
[1/1/2020 9:27:35 AM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] font: Unable to load file. (Symbaroum) (graphics/fonts/Rosetta - Skolar Latin Pro Bold.otf) (graphics/fonts/Rosetta - Skolar Latin Pro Bold.otf)
[1/1/2020 9:27:36 AM] [WARNING] icon: Could not find image file. (Symbaroum) (base.xml) (graphics/icons/Ruins.jpg)
[1/1/2020 9:27:36 AM] [WARNING] icon: Could not find image file. (Symbaroum) (base.xml) (graphics/sidebar/button_blank.png)
[1/1/2020 9:27:36 AM] [WARNING] icon: Could not find image file. (Symbaroum) (base.xml) (graphics/sidebar/button_blank_down.png)
[1/1/2020 9:27:36 AM] [WARNING] icon: Could not find image file. (Symbaroum) (base.xml) (graphics/sidebar/button_blank.png)
[1/1/2020 9:27:36 AM] [WARNING] icon: Could not find image file. (Symbaroum) (base.xml) (graphics/sidebar/button_blank_down.png)

The ruleset does go ahead and launch, but there are several font alignment issues where the text does not fit inside the perimeters designated for it in the sheets. Most of the forms have at least 1 issue with this but the worst offenders are the character sheet, the NPC sheet, and the CT.

Thanks and have a great New Year.

Daperez
January 2nd, 2020, 03:27
I know it'll be a while before the APG is done, but is there any chance we could add support for the Reinforced and Cumbersome qualities?

AKB
January 2nd, 2020, 11:04
Checked on tables issue again today. Still doesn't work. Not possible to create custom tables that can be accessed from table list.

Valyar
January 2nd, 2020, 11:09
There is update that is not yet pushed to the FGC classic version of the program. The FGU is not production ready, and all rulesets are not fully working yet.

Daperez
January 3rd, 2020, 07:16
I'm gonna have to second the request to just let GM's input or override weapon and armor values however we see fit, instead of being hard-locked into the scripted formulas that try to automate every element of the ruleset. There are new abilities in the APG like Knife Play that change the To Hit attribute for a weapon. Mantle Dance adds an additional source of defense, as does Staff Fighting. There are the Reinforced and Cumbersome traits and Alchemical weapons with d12 damage dice. None of these can be accurately reflected in a statblock because I don't have the power to just bump a field by +/-1 or just type in a number/die. I don't know how difficult it is to code, but I would suggest adding two more item types: "Custom Armor" and "Custom Weapon" that ignore all the programmed modifiers.

AKB
January 3rd, 2020, 07:19
Very much agree on allowing GM to mod these as with most (all?) other FG rulesets. If this is not allowed, I'll have to use MoreCore instead, which would be a real shame, since Symbaroum is, in my view, among the best system/settings out these days and having full support would be great.

Moon Wizard
January 4th, 2020, 22:29
@garrion_sw,

Just pushed an update to the Symbaroum ruleset in the FGU patch system to address start-up asset errors in FGU.

Regards,
JPG

Valyar
January 5th, 2020, 07:08
@Moon - can you push to the FGC main channel the latest version of the rulest? The one in FGU for example is newer version that contains patches and fixes to existing bugs.

Moon Wizard
January 5th, 2020, 08:33
It’s currently in the FGC Test channel. If Simpe gives the okay, we can push to Live on a Tuesday.

Regards,
JPG

Valyar
January 5th, 2020, 11:29
There is go from me :D

damned
January 29th, 2020, 12:36
https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/163293/Symbaroum--Core-Rulebook?term=symbaroum+core

Be quick - less than 24 hours - get the full 264 pages of gloriously darkly illustrated rulebook for Nix!

Valyar
March 10th, 2020, 16:44
There has been an update on the ruleset and its modules today. I don't see update notes yet, what has changed?

Moon Wizard
March 10th, 2020, 17:47
No functional changes; just minor updates to work better in FGU.

Regards,
JPG

kazar86
March 11th, 2020, 15:14
Any news about the Advanced Player Guide?

Warpghost
March 17th, 2020, 21:04
Hi!

I have just bought the ruleset togheter with the adventure. Starting to test the rule system. Is there anyway of now how much is automated? For ex. my charcter has a dagger and Feint. The caracter should also roll with dicreet instead of accurase. It also stated that way in the character sheet. But when I do an attack the value is still calculated by accurasy?

/Warp

Simpe
March 24th, 2020, 10:58
Hey guys,

Sorry but once again the notification system has stopped working. I'm hoping that it'll start again now that I've visited the forums.

The APG and all development on future Symbaroum modules has unfortunately paused. There are other tasks that have taken priority, and the full-time jobs we're doing are currently taking up more than just full-time. This will unfortunately continue for at least a year. I will continue to fix and support bugs that are reported as much as possible.

Warpghost, did you make sure that the weapon is a short weapon - and that it's correctly equipped before testing the attack?

Thanks,
Simon

meguido
March 29th, 2020, 11:04
Hello

trait
discreet attribute is missing in the button ^^

tolkienoz
March 29th, 2020, 13:33
it seems to me that there's a bug with “Feint” Mystical Ability on Novice Level.

In the "Equipment & Combat" section on the character sheet, it shows correctly that the "Discreet" value is used for calculating the "to hit" value for attack rolls, but when I actually make an attack roll, a characteristic value of 10 seems to be used and not the much higher (Discreet: 14) characteristic value I have. All rolls higher than 10 are marked as “miss” in the chat window.

Example:
• I have a Discreet of 14 and Feint at Novice Level. I use a Bastard Sword (Precise).
• On the right side of the character sheet it shows the following: Bastard Sword, To Hit 15, Discreet (14 from Discreet and +1 Precise)
• But when I do an attack roll, all rolls that are higher than a 10 shows in the chat window as “miss”

Is there a solution for this? I searched for the Symbaroum ruleset and information’s about updates but did not find that much information. It seems there was a bug with discreet one year ago, but it was claimed that the bug is already fixed. I know it’s a minor thing since I can just ignore the “miss” and roll damage… but it would be still nice if it worked.

Edit: ok, missed Warpghosts post... seems he has the same problem...

Raldanash
March 29th, 2020, 17:37
Yes - just tested this out with the pregens from Promised Land (going to run it tomorrow..) and I can see the same issue.

Slight aside - is there any way to change the background on the "Notes" template? Low contrast and it looks terrible, I think.

rodney418
April 14th, 2020, 16:02
The APG and all development on future Symbaroum modules has unfortunately paused. There are other tasks that have taken priority, and the full-time jobs we're doing are currently taking up more than just full-time. This will unfortunately continue for at least a year.

Yikes, that's disappointing... I have all of the Symbaroum books and was about to buy the FG modules too, but hearing this is making me seriously reconsider. At $25 bucks for the ruleset, that's already on the expensive side, and if there's no APG coming that is quite limiting, not to mention there only being one adventure module and nothing else. I love Symbaroum but I'm not sure I want to drop another 40 bucks on a system that's effectively at a dead-end already.

Have you at least thought of dropping the price, either in a sale or permanently, to try to encourage more people to buy? At the moment it's in that awkward zone of being too expensive to take a chance on, and not worth spending on as a long-term investment.

Rodney

P.S. How about at least getting the game it's own Forum section? It's buried here in MoreCore.

Simpe
April 14th, 2020, 18:46
Meguido:

Fixing! Should be done for my next update.

rodney418:

I'm sorry to disappoint. The APG was actually a lot more work than I anticipated. It's about 65-70% done so actually quite far along. However, there are so many new spells and abilities and a lot of them with extremely specific quirks. It's not canceled, I'm just not sure when I'll be able to finish it. We also started Wrath of the Warden which is honestly easier to finish off I think. Seeing the activity here might mean I'll try to give a push to finish off any of the modules. Unfortunately, with overtime at work (and possibly more overtime) I have to prioritize the work here with things such as sleep and general life - just like any other ruleset developer I assume :) I usually work around 50-60 hours per week (things like this included) but when normal work takes up more time than that it's hard to muster work on side-projects.

I've requested a separate forum section previously to no avail. Hopefully if people request it more it'll increase the chance of us getting one :)

I'm not sure if I can control the price or not. I'll check to see what I can do but I'm not sure it's possible or that it's a great idea. I do however think there should be some runs with lowered prices for it if there hasn't been one. I'll check that as well!

Thanks for input. I really do appreciate it.

Simon

Simpe
April 14th, 2020, 18:48
tolkienoz (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/member.php?11464-tolkienoz): Have you tried this with the test-branch as well? I think it *could* be fixed there but I'm looking it up to be certain.

Simpe
April 14th, 2020, 19:04
tolkienoz (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/member.php?11464-tolkienoz): Somehow I missed both yours and Warpghost's post on this. I'm looking into this bug now and should hopefully have it fixed and an update sent to SW shortly.

Thanks,
Simon

grimm01
April 14th, 2020, 20:41
Hey guys,

The Shield Fighter still does not roll the correct dice. The text on the sheet does change but the actual dice rolled is a d8. Confirmed with both classic and unity on current builds.

Valyar
April 15th, 2020, 10:25
It is getting very annoying not to have separate forum, so I am adding two important topics on the list:

1. Symbaroum guides that are currently in the old Wiki (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/User_Guides) should be moved to the New one - https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/FGU/pages/4063240/Symbaroum+Ruleset. I can volunteer and do it if access is granted.

2. Rolling against enemy in the combat tracker that is granting advantage is rolling TWO dice. In fact advantage during combat in Symbaroum is adding +2 to the target number of the check (i.e. increasing the effective attribute level) and adds +1d4 damage. The other advantage related to environmental or feats is indeed rolling two dice and picking the most beneficial one.

Simpe
April 15th, 2020, 11:50
@grimm01: I'll try to check for that and see if I can fix it!

@Valyar: For me you are definitely allowed to do that, if you can point me towards whom I should ask to get your access granted I can definitely try to make that happen.

Hmm I think there are two different types of advantage that are implemented. One with the extra damage and then the one with the double rolls. It's probably unclear which one is which and when. That should be cleaned up and fixed. I'm not sure I'll be able to get that into the next update though.

Cheers,
Simon

feldrol
April 21st, 2020, 20:23
Hi,
I would like to tweak a bit the ruleset for our own campaign.
First question :
- Am I allowed to do it (at my own risks of course!)

If yes, I cannot find a symbaroum.pak in the ruleset folder.
Is it embeded somehow in the corerpg.pak ?

Valyar
April 21st, 2020, 20:28
The ruleset is in the vault, I.e encrypted and cannot be modified. Depending on the change you can try make one compatible with Corerpg and see the outcome.

crossbow57
April 22nd, 2020, 08:36
I joined this forum for the primary reason of voicing my support and love for Symbaroum. Thank you all for having it as an option in the first place with all the other things going on.

And secondary reason - haha - I get a startup error now when launching the server - it doesn't seem to like the content of the core rulebook anymore for me. This is the 4/17 update, I think. I glanced back in the forums here and didn't seem like anyone else had called it out.

[ERROR] Process Date File (Symbaroum Core Rulebook): An error occurred while parsing EntityNAME. Line 5096, position 23.
same for the Players Guide but: Reference to undeclared entity 'aacute', Line 3208, position 10.

Thanks for all the great work.

rodney418
April 22nd, 2020, 09:01
Can confirm I'm getting the same errors with the latest update this morning. It also seems to mean that the Core Rulebook and Players Guide modules no longer load into the Library correctly, and Abilities, Powers, Mystical Traditions etc. windows are all empty making it effectively impossible to create a new character. So it's a pretty major bug. See screenshot.

Since I didn't notice this while testing it with FGU yesterday, and I think only the Symbaroum ruleset has changed since then, I suspect this is somehow connected with that ruleset update. Unless there was an FGU update in the past 20 hours that I didn't notice?

feldrol
April 22nd, 2020, 17:42
Is anyone able to tell me how to put advantage effect on an attack ?

In today session, we applied prone with an attack on an NPC exceeding pain threshold and then when we attacked him, it added automatically advantage with the D4 in added damage.
But I have not found how to add this advantage by hand (when multiple attackers are on one target)

feldrol
April 22nd, 2020, 17:56
@Simpe, it would be be really nice to be able to change die by hand in armor, damage, and also choose on which attribute a roll to hit is made.
All other rulesets let you modify by hand the type of die, add a static modifier.
For example, I would like to be able to put D8+D4 in my armor field (thanks to an artefact)
Likewise, I would like to put quickness on my attack roll attribute with my dagger thanks to an ability.

If you free up the fields so we can drag and drop dice/modifiers in them, we would then be able to put any combination/special effect to work with the automation you build in the ruleset.

rodney418
April 22nd, 2020, 18:22
I believe you do it by clicking one of the diamond shapes in the Combat Tracker.

feldrol
April 22nd, 2020, 18:45
Thanks, I will try it in tomorrow session.

FabienFaivre
April 23rd, 2020, 16:30
Dear All,

I am a new user of the Symbaroum ruleset. I love the game and am glad the ruleset exists.

I am however not sure that I am using it correctly.
I am using Symbaroum v1.11 / CoreRPG 3.3.10 / Basic Card Deck Tables 0.6 on classic FG

1) Using the Promised Land module, Kvarek (PC)(Acc 15) wants to hit Godrai (NPC) (Quick 13). On a roll of 14, the ruleset returns a HIT in the chat while correctly mentioning but seemingly not applying the Def-3 of Godrai

2) When Grodrai, NPC (Acc 15) wants to hit back Kvarek with his sword, I understand from the wiki that I have to double click on the Crow armor defense on Kvarek character sheet then drag & drop the -5 from the Combat Tracker to the portrait of Kvarek
Doing so it just copies "-5" in the chat
Is it the intended result ?

3) It is a general flaw of Symbaroum but how do you handle NPC vs NPC combat ? E.g. in the Promised Land Belun and Ludo are fighting against Jakaars. I found myself going back and forth like a madman within the Combat Tracker hyperlinks trying to manually roll d20s and opening NPC stats to recall the required ACC and DEF stats... Do you have any advice ?

Best regards,
Fabien

rodney418
April 23rd, 2020, 16:44
When Grodrai, NPC (Acc 15) wants to hit back Kvarek with his sword, I understand from the wiki that I have to double click on the Crow armor defense on Kvarek character sheet then drag & drop the -5 from the Combat Tracker to the portrait of Kvarek
Kvarek -5.png (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=34245&d=1587655162)
Kvarek -5_Result.png (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=34246&d=1587655200)

Being able to drag & drop NPC attacks as you describe is the expected result if you are used to other rulesets in FG, but it doesn't work in Symbaroum :-(

There's a thread that goes into it in some depth here:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?56633-Symbaroum-Ruleset-Issues

Simpe
April 25th, 2020, 13:14
@Simpe, it would be be really nice to be able to change die by hand in armor, damage, and also choose on which attribute a roll to hit is made.
All other rulesets let you modify by hand the type of die, add a static modifier.
For example, I would like to be able to put D8+D4 in my armor field (thanks to an artefact)
Likewise, I would like to put quickness on my attack roll attribute with my dagger thanks to an ability.

If you free up the fields so we can drag and drop dice/modifiers in them, we would then be able to put any combination/special effect to work with the automation you build in the ruleset.

This is not a bad idea. I'll see what I can do!

Simpe
April 25th, 2020, 13:16
Is anyone able to tell me how to put advantage effect on an attack ?

In today session, we applied prone with an attack on an NPC exceeding pain threshold and then when we attacked him, it added automatically advantage with the D4 in added damage.
But I have not found how to add this advantage by hand (when multiple attackers are on one target)

Hi! There are two different small diamonds under the 'effects' section in a character's section in the CT. If you hover above them you'll see which does what!

Thanks,
Simon

Simpe
April 25th, 2020, 13:17
I joined this forum for the primary reason of voicing my support and love for Symbaroum. Thank you all for having it as an option in the first place with all the other things going on.

And secondary reason - haha - I get a startup error now when launching the server - it doesn't seem to like the content of the core rulebook anymore for me. This is the 4/17 update, I think. I glanced back in the forums here and didn't seem like anyone else had called it out.

[ERROR] Process Date File (Symbaroum Core Rulebook): An error occurred while parsing EntityNAME. Line 5096, position 23.
same for the Players Guide but: Reference to undeclared entity 'aacute', Line 3208, position 10.

Thanks for all the great work.

Hi! This is an issue only in FGU. If you update then this should be fixed by SW now.

Thanks,
Simon

Simpe
April 25th, 2020, 13:19
When Grodrai, NPC (Acc 15) wants to hit back Kvarek with his sword, I understand from the wiki that I have to double click on the Crow armor defense on Kvarek character sheet then drag & drop the -5 from the Combat Tracker to the portrait of Kvarek
Kvarek -5.png (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=34245&d=1587655162)
Kvarek -5_Result.png (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=34246&d=1587655200)

Being able to drag & drop NPC attacks as you describe is the expected result if you are used to other rulesets in FG, but it doesn't work in Symbaroum :-(

There's a thread that goes into it in some depth here:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?56633-Symbaroum-Ruleset-Issues

Hi Rodney,

We've had this conversations at a bit of different places. Maybe it's an expectation that you have in certain other rulesets where both the GM and the player rolls the die. This is not the case in Symbaroum. The spirit of the game and the design of it is that the players roll all die, so is it done here as well. This has been communicated and discussed with the developers of Symbaroum.

Thanks,
Simon

rodney418
April 25th, 2020, 13:51
The fact that the players roll the dice isn't the issue - I've played a lot of Symbaroum around a real table and I am very aware of how it works. This issue has nothing to do with "the spirit of the game". This issue is about how things mechanically work in Fantasy Grounds.

The issue is that in Fantasy Grounds there's currently no way to add the NPC's Attack modifier automatically to the PC's Defence roll, the player has to type it in by hand. That's the essence of the issue, not in how the RPG itself is designed.

Simpe
April 25th, 2020, 14:17
The fact that the players roll the dice isn't the issue - I've played a lot of Symbaroum around a real table and I am very aware of how it works. This issue has nothing to do with "the spirit of the game". This issue is about how things mechanically work in Fantasy Grounds.

The issue is that in Fantasy Grounds there's currently no way to add the NPC's Attack modifier automatically to the PC's Defence roll, the player has to type it in by hand. That's the essence of the issue, not in how the RPG itself is designed.

Hi Rodney,

I'm sorry you feel this way. Unfortunately this is not in agreement with how the designers of Symbaroum looked at it when we designed this specific part. Also I agree with them. It's not very hard for a player to do their roll and then the GM simply states if the amount of successes was enough or not.

Thanks,
Simon

erxinfloi
May 12th, 2020, 12:36
It's Avaible in spanish?

Valyar
May 12th, 2020, 12:43
It's Avaible in spanish?

No, the ruleset and the module are in English.

FabienFaivre
May 22nd, 2020, 14:13
Hi,

Thank you Rodney418.
Any chance to get an official answer to the questions in my poste (#234 posted on April 23rd)?
If this is something that isn't financialy viable to fix, would it be possible to make the code available so that the community can produce its own patch ?

Regards

rodney418
May 22nd, 2020, 15:08
From what I can gather, the official answer is that this isn't going to be fixed. I ended up returning the ruleset for a refund because of these (very basic) issues and the general attitude towards user requests :-(

Simpe
May 24th, 2020, 10:33
Hi,

Thank you Rodney418.
Any chance to get an official answer to the questions in my poste (#234 posted on April 23rd)?
If this is something that isn't financialy viable to fix, would it be possible to make the code available so that the community can produce its own patch ?

Regards

Hi FabienFaivre,

I'm the developer of the ruleset and you can consider my answers to be official.

The plan going forward is that I will try to add the possibility to double-click the attack of an NPC to put a modifier on the next defensive roll that is made by a player. Hopefully that will add to the usability for doing the defensive rolls for players. Drag-and-drop from the GM's side is not planned to be supported as that is in conflict with the idea that in Symbaroum only the players do the dice rolling. That part has been validated with the authors/owners of the Symbaroum IP.

I hope that answers your questions!

Thanks,
Simon

TheBigBadWolf
May 27th, 2020, 15:08
Hello folks,

Before I buy, could you tell me how customisable this ruleset is? There are a fair few rules/abilities/items I'd be looking to tweak, including some of the ones from Symbaroum 3.0 (https://www.reddit.com/r/Symbaroum/comments/duwhcv/symbaroum_30/).

Thanks a mil!

Simpe
May 27th, 2020, 16:06
Hello folks,

Before I buy, could you tell me how customisable this ruleset is? There are a fair few rules/abilities/items I'd be looking to tweak, including some of the ones from Symbaroum 3.0 (https://www.reddit.com/r/Symbaroum/comments/duwhcv/symbaroum_30/).

Thanks a mil!

Hi!

It depends quite a bit of what kind of modifications you want to make. If it's something that's similar to that which already exists and you want to add more then it's quite easy. The less automation you need, the easier it is. You can add custom abilities/items/npc's etc easily but if you want support for automation or replace the automation that exists, then it's going to be a lot harder.

I have some plans on how to improve extensibility for it when it comes to equipment dies - so that they can be changed but since I'm on a deadline for a couple of other projects that's still some time in the future.

Doing some quick looks through the 3.0-rules (hadn't read those before - will read more!) there's probably a lot that you could make customly but very little of it would be possible to get automation support. I haven't really given it a ton of thought though.

I hope that answers your question somewhat at least :)

Thanks,
Simon

TheBigBadWolf
May 27th, 2020, 17:53
I hope that answers your question somewhat at least :)
Certainly does, thanks Simon, very much appreciate the detailed response :)

TheBigBadWolf
May 28th, 2020, 10:47
I'm gonna have to second the request to just let GM's input or override weapon and armor values however we see fit, instead of being hard-locked into the scripted formulas that try to automate every element of the ruleset.

All other rulesets let you modify by hand the type of die

I've bought the ruleset now and want to echo the above. Wherever possible I want to be able to see (as in the 5e ruleset for example) what a calculation is drawing from and then edit it. Failing that, add in a 'custom weapon' and 'custom armour' that we can use. Cheers!

On another note, I was surprised that The Promised Land adventure isn't set as Story entries. Will it be eventually?

Keep up the great work!