PDA

View Full Version : LFG 1 Player LF Weeknight Game Tue or Wed CST US Time Zone prefer 5E

mongo1313
April 2nd, 2019, 05:19
Hi all,

FG License: So far, only have the free license
Time Zone: Central Time USA
Day(s) of week, frequency, and time: Tuesday or Wednesday, weekly probably around 7ish
Term: currently just want to work through a module
Voice: I have a set of headphones with microphone and I'm willing to download whatever voice chat software would be required

Game System Preferred: D&D 5E
Game System Experience: I have played D&D 1st and 2nd Edition, Top Secret, Gama World and Star Frontiers
Fantasy Grounds Experience: none

Character Type Preferred: I am looking to play a rogue or healer type. Also, I would be open to playing another class if needed. I have a lot of fighter experience
About me: As you can probably tell from the Game System Experience section, it has been a long time since I have played. I am a casual player so, I don't mind some joking around and laughing during the game (hey I'm there to have fun right?) I am looking to do a fair amount of role play but I don't have a lot of experience at it. Also, since I am older, i would probably prefer to game with older players, but, I might be open to play with younger players. Also, I am ex-military (US Navy). Furthermore, my wife might want to join the gameplay as well.

That about sums it up and I look forward to making new friends!

Sean

Please let me know if there is any other information you would like as I am very eager to play but sadly I don't have a lot of experience with 5e.

WrongWriter
April 5th, 2019, 01:02
Hey Sean. I'm looking for a weeknight game as well. I'm an older player and also like a casual fun game. I have an Ultimate license and own most of the official D&D content for Fantasy Grounds. I'm moderately experienced with Fantasy Grounds and D&D 5e and am happy to help with either.

Usually the license holder is the DM, and I'll be happy to take that role if necessary, though I prefer to be a player simply because DMing requires a heavier time commitment I may not be able to so.

Anyway, count me in if you get enough responses.

WrongWriter

yankee
April 5th, 2019, 13:47
sounds interesting... I would be a third if needed

mongo1313
April 5th, 2019, 13:59
awesome, glad to meet you both. hopefully we can find a DM that's interested as well :)

DrSky
April 5th, 2019, 15:56
I am interested as well - I think we have the makings of a great group if we can find a DM.

FG License: Ultimate
Time Zone: Central Time USA
Day(s) of week, frequency, and time: Tuesday or Thursday, 7 PM - 11 PM
Term: Any
Voice: I use voice and video chat for work so I am prepared for any level.

Game System Experience: I have played as a player D&D 2nd Edition and Twillight 2000. I am currently just beginning to DM 5E on Fantasy Grounds with my children
Fantasy Grounds Experience: 2 Months

Character Type Preferred: Any - adaptable at this point
About me: I am also former Military - Marine. I like what Mongo said about having a good time and older players. I am here to have fun and role play.

Hopefully an experienced DM sees this thread and thinks now this is the group I was looking for...

WrongWriter
April 5th, 2019, 19:05
So currently we have four (five if mongo1313's wife plays) confirmed. I think if we get one more we'll have a game.

Just to be sure we're all on the same page:
Is everyone okay with playing Tuesday nights? OP said around 7 Central which is 8 for me and 5 for West coast.

Are we all over 35? I am 51 and am not interested in playing with kids. The generation gap is too indecipherable for me.

DrSky
April 5th, 2019, 20:08
Tuesday works for me - 54 here

mongo1313
April 5th, 2019, 20:26
Tuesday is good for me as well, I am 49 but I'll be 50 in a few months, so right there with you guys :) Also, my wife would probably want to at least watch me play before she gets into it, just because she has no experience playing what-so-ever. So she would not be available to to start the campaign at the very least.

WrongWriter
April 6th, 2019, 01:56
Tuesday is good for me as well, I am 49 but I'll be 50 in a few months, so right there with you guys :) Also, my wife would probably want to at least watch me play before she gets into it, just because she has no experience playing what-so-ever. So she would not be available to to start the campaign at the very least.

If she decides to play she'll need her own computer to log into Fantasy Grounds from. Playing through one account is doable but difficult and confusing. She would only need the free demo version of Fantasy Grounds.

mongo1313
April 6th, 2019, 02:19
Yeah, she's got her own computer and I would have her set up her own account on FG as well but I think she would just want to see how the game runs before she even attempted to try to play herself. So far, I've only asked her if she wanted to try it out.

limpyjoe
April 6th, 2019, 02:53
I'm new to FG online, I've played a couple games in person so I know the basics, also I am free in the evening. I'm interested in a casual game where I can get some experience and also experience what I've found hard to find in real life and that's actually getting to play a game! Thanks

DrSky
April 6th, 2019, 17:19
Do we want to get the group of us together Tuesday night? Introduce ourselves and maybe outlining types of characters?

WrongWriter
April 6th, 2019, 20:14
I'm new to FG online, I've played a couple games in person so I know the basics, also I am free in the evening. I'm interested in a casual game where I can get some experience and also experience what I've found hard to find in real life and that's actually getting to play a game! Thanks

How old are you limpyjoe?

mongo1313
April 7th, 2019, 05:16
hey everyone,

sorry I haven't made it back here until now. unfortunately, I am currently working on the weekends, but that'll be ending in a few weeks. I was contacted by someone directly who asked me to join a discord server and they have several DMs, one of which will be is planning on starting a campaign shortly. I let the guy that invited me to the discord server know that I got several players from this forum thread that wanted to play. I don't think there would be any problem with it, but I wanted to make sure I could share the discord server invite with you guys so that we can all start this campaign together. I did chat with this guy earlier today but he hasn't responded to me since then. please bear with me and I should be able to send everyone the discord server invite directly, hopefully some time tomorrow.

Sean

WrongWriter
April 7th, 2019, 18:23
hey everyone,

sorry I haven't made it back here until now. unfortunately, I am currently working on the weekends, but that'll be ending in a few weeks. I was contacted by someone directly who asked me to join a discord server and they have several DMs, one of which will be is planning on starting a campaign shortly. I let the guy that invited me to the discord server know that I got several players from this forum thread that wanted to play. I don't think there would be any problem with it, but I wanted to make sure I could share the discord server invite with you guys so that we can all start this campaign together. I did chat with this guy earlier today but he hasn't responded to me since then. please bear with me and I should be able to send everyone the discord server invite directly, hopefully some time tomorrow.

Sean

Cool Sean. I started a Discord server too, but if this guy works out it won't be needed. Keep us posted.
Thanks.

mongo1313
April 7th, 2019, 22:49
when I get home tonight, I should be able to share the link depending on whether I have the time to or not.

Sean

limpyjoe
April 9th, 2019, 01:08
I am 29, did you find the server link?

limpyjoe
April 9th, 2019, 01:09
Sorry, I thought I had replied but it apparently didn't post.

Wazoodust
April 10th, 2019, 01:03
As a DM I've had some seriously bad luck with players lately, I had been running a 7PM EDT 5E game. I have 1 or 2 reliable players that would be interested also. My work schedule dictates a biweekly game for me. I would really like to play for a change but am comfortable with DM as that's what I've done here for about 4 years. If that sounds like something any of you would be interested in PM me. I'm 56 so in the older age range also.

WrongWriter
April 10th, 2019, 18:59
Any updates?

mongo1313
April 10th, 2019, 23:55
Sorry I haven't replied in so long, I am doing training this week and it means a later scheduled so everything for me gets pushed back in the day. Also, it doesn't look like I have the ability to invite to the Discord server, however, looks like Wazoodust has graciously volunteered to DM. Furthermore, with my busy schedule, I wouldn't mind doing every other week for now.

GunnarGreybeard
April 12th, 2019, 21:29
Did you guys ever get a day/time frame worked out?

Wazoodust
April 18th, 2019, 20:11
I am getting ready for alternating Tuesdays at 7PM EST, my work schedule prevents a weekly game

Erwinn
April 18th, 2019, 21:27
I am new to Fantasy Grounds, and coming back to Dungeons and Dragons after more than 30 years. I am interested in DM-ing a group that would be willing to put up with me learning both the fantasy grounds ropes and the 5e ropes. I have an ultimate license and most of the books needed. Let me know if there is any interest. I am 48 nearly 49 and looking for a casual more laid back game experience.

FuzzyBunny
April 19th, 2019, 03:17
The time(and time zone) thing is tricky. I am off 9am to 9 pm, I work graveyard shift. What time are you look at? I am on ETZ which I think is 2 hours later than PTZ. Oh also Old timer, started playing D&D in the 70s. off and on since.

MirkwoodElf
April 25th, 2019, 16:43
Hi all, new Fantasy Grounds member here. In case the group needs an extra player. Thanks!

FG License: Free. I'm new to Fantasy Grounds.
Time Zone: Pacific Time USA
Day(s) of week, frequency, and time: Tuesday, either weekly or twice a month, after 4 PM Pacific.
Term: Have been a DM for approx 3 years now, would like to role play and develop a character.
Voice: I have a set of headphones with microphone and I'm willing to download whatever voice chat software would be required. I currently use Discord for my in real life Thursday group.

Game System Experience: 5E, Free League's Forbidden Lands, and Fantasy Flight Games's Star Wars.
Fantasy Grounds Experience: zero

Character Type Preferred: Would like to step out of my comfort zone of playing a meele character. This time, I would like to try out a caster or healer.
About me: 30 YO. Casual player. Prefer role-play experience over "winning" the game. Pretty easy to get along with and respectful with the group's time commitment.

FuzzyBunny
May 9th, 2019, 00:46
Ok the title says its a Tue game but on the game calendar it is listed as a Wen game. If it really is on Wednesdays then i would love to be put on standby as it is full.

Vhok
May 9th, 2019, 00:51
Ok the title says its a Tue game but on the game calendar it is listed as a Wen game. If it really is on Wednesdays then i would love to be put on standby as it is full.

if you have your timezone set properly the game calendar will adjust to show you the proper time/day for you. if you have your timezone set wrong however the game calendar can really hurt you for when u think a game should be.

FuzzyBunny
May 9th, 2019, 00:59
here is what I see:
on the https://www.fantasygrounds.com/gamecalendar/dashboard.php it is listed recurring on Wednesdays. but on https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=3450 the info says.

Scheduled play times
Date Yes No
Tue, May 14th
06:30 PM

I am new to FG and forums, so still learning. So what you are saying is that the game is being held on Wen but because of my adjusted time it is actually Tue to me?

Biohazard
May 9th, 2019, 01:07
If you are in need of two more players my buddy and I would love to jump in as well

GunnarGreybeard
May 9th, 2019, 01:36
here is what I see:
on the https://www.fantasygrounds.com/gamecalendar/dashboard.php it is listed recurring on Wednesdays. but on https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=3450 the info says.

Scheduled play times
Date Yes No
Tue, May 14th
06:30 PM

I am new to FG and forums, so still learning. So what you are saying is that the game is being held on Wen but because of my adjusted time it is actually Tue to me?

The main "Fantasy Grounds Recruiting Game Calendar" page at https://www.fantasygrounds.com/gamecalendar/dashboard.php uses "All times are in GMT 0:00 time." so it makes my 7:30 PM CDT time game on Tuesday look like its 00:30 AM Wednesday. The https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=3450 entry will convert to your local time, if you have your time zone entered in your forum profile.

FuzzyBunny
May 9th, 2019, 01:50
got it, thank you. Am new to FG but learning quickly.

yankee
May 15th, 2019, 19:11
any update on this... is this happening? Lost track