PDA

View Full Version : Noob Question

Earache
March 29th, 2019, 20:03
Brand new to this system and already have a question. How do you disable the blurred areas and have it all legible? That is driving me crazy the first few seconds after I started.

TIA

mattekure
March 29th, 2019, 20:05
what do you mean by a blurred area? can you post a screenshot of what you are seeing?

Earache
March 29th, 2019, 20:06
Well in the program the areas not around my mouse are out of focus and blurred. When I move my cursor to other areas of the screen they come into focus.

mattekure
March 29th, 2019, 20:07
That doesnt sound like anything in Fantasy Grounds I've ever heard of or seen. Perhaps a graphics card issue? or some other overlay software?

Trenloe
March 29th, 2019, 20:09
Welcome to the forums!

Sorry you're having issues.

I'm only guessing, but is your issue that portions of the application are blurry, but when you move the mouse they become clearer? If so, this is going to be an issue which the graphics driver/setup on your computer. If this is not the issue then please provide more info. Thanks.

Things to try:
1) Click the settings button on the main FG launch screen and enable (or disable if it's already enabled) "Cross-platform compatibility for Linux and Mac" even if you're not using those operating systems.
2) If you have dual graphics cards on your system, set FantasyGrounds.exe to specifically use the dedicated one instead of the onboard one.
3) Change some settings in your graphics card advanced settings. The most common culprit is anti-aliasing - try turning that off.
4) There have been a few posts about this in the past - use the "Site search" link at the top of the screen, search for "blurred" or "blur" and see if any of the resolutions help.

Earache
March 29th, 2019, 20:11
Not a great way to start for sure.

Even when I move my cursor on the options list much of it goes in and out of focus. All other buttons and tabs are out of focus until I mouse over them.

Earache
March 29th, 2019, 20:14
I'm only guessing, but is your issue that portions of the application are blurry, but when you move the mouse they become clearer? If so, this is going to be an issue which the graphics driver/setup on your computer.

Yes

mattekure
March 29th, 2019, 20:16
do you have any software installed that might have an overlay? steam? twitch? discord? one of those might be putting an overlay over the application causing the blurriness.

Earache
March 29th, 2019, 20:19
do you have any software installed that might have an overlay? steam? twitch? discord? one of those might be putting an overlay over the application causing the blurriness.

Nah. No overlays.

Nylanfs
March 29th, 2019, 20:30
Wasn't this an issue on Mac's where the focus was on the cursor?

Earache
March 29th, 2019, 20:32
Ok. I created an exception for this application in my Nvidia settings. All good now.

Thanks for the help. Now, where to start? The manual? Never. Not without fumbling around for a bit.

Trenloe
March 29th, 2019, 20:32
Wasn't this an issue on Mac's where the focus was on the cursor?
That's what option #1 in my list of things to try in post #5 is for.

Trenloe
March 29th, 2019, 20:35
Ok. I created an exception for this application in my Nvidia settings. All good now.
Great! Glad you got it fixed.

Thanks for the help. Now, where to start? The manual? Never. Not without fumbling around for a bit.
You'll probably need to look at some portion of the Wiki (videos, user guide, etc.) at some point. ;) But, hey, do what works for you! :D

LordEntrails
March 29th, 2019, 20:52
Even if you don't play D&D 5E, go through the tutorial campaign you can find in under that system. If you like videos, their are lots and lots of those. Also check out FG College (fgcollege.net) and join their discord server. Their is also the wiki you can find on the site here. And, then the manual, I know you don't like the thought, but it will save you time poking around and exploring, if that's important to you.

mattekure
March 29th, 2019, 21:12
Even if you don't play D&D 5E, go through the tutorial campaign you can find in under that system. If you like videos, their are lots and lots of those. Also check out FG College (fgcollege.net) and join their discord server. Their is also the wiki you can find on the site here. And, then the manual, I know you don't like the thought, but it will save you time poking around and exploring, if that's important to you.

LE, you need to update your links. FG College website is https://fantasygroundscollege.net/ now. :D

I do highly recommend checking out the FG College. Its a great place to learn about the software and get live help. they offer free classes too. Most of the live chat and classes are on the discord server https://discord.gg/Ew6nYyw

damned
March 29th, 2019, 23:27
Or start with the 5E Sample Campaign. Click on Story and start with the first story entry.