PDA

View Full Version : CoreRPG - SingleWindow

celestian
March 26th, 2019, 17:41
This extension limits the number of a specific window type that will be up at any one time. By default all windows except images and character sheets will only be allowed 1 window. You can override this behavior by pressing control while clicking.

This is similar to the now defunct "sticky windows" extension.

ADVANCED:
If you want to edit the default windows that will be allowed multiple versions then edit this specific option or add your own extension to do the same.

WindowManagerADND.setIgnoredWindowClasses() // array of record types to allow multiple windows displayed

Within this extension, extract to run a local copy
scripts/windowmanager.lua

function onInit()
-- set default window classes we dont only want singles for
setIgnoredWindowClasses({"imagewindow","charsheet"});

By default I allow images and character sheets to have more than 1 window in the above.

Version 1.0: Release

Download here:

HuseyinCinar
March 26th, 2019, 19:52
Nice. Just deleted Sticky and put this in the folder instead.

Valyar
March 31st, 2019, 22:26
Nice to see updated version of the old Sticky Windows extension!

hawkwind
September 19th, 2019, 06:42
very useful

paladiusdarkhelm
September 19th, 2019, 23:45
Does anyone know if enabling this extension to limit other window types to 1 helps save on the amount of memory the FG app generates during a game session and therefore helps avoid those kinds of crashes?

hawkwind
September 20th, 2019, 13:34
it might but i use it to reduce screen clutter

jaharmi
April 17th, 2020, 15:51
Has anyone tested this in Fantasy Grounds Unity?

abetterway
May 9th, 2020, 17:12
Deleted

abetterway
May 9th, 2020, 18:50
Has anyone tested this in Fantasy Grounds Unity?

I just tried it and it does work in Unity. This is a very nice extention.

TMO
December 26th, 2020, 05:41
How does this extension help? I get that it is trying to limit the number of open windows, but what happens if (for instance) a second NPC is opened. Does it close the first NPC or does it simply prevent the second NPC from opening?

damned
December 26th, 2020, 06:24
It closes the first NPC.
To open 2 NPCs ctrl+click to open them.

Morenu
May 30th, 2022, 15:16
I loaded this up in PF with no other extensions and was not able to open more than 1 image, NPC or Character when using ctrl+click.

Not sure if its broke or if I am doing it wrong

Weissrolf
October 31st, 2022, 13:59
Unfortunately this very useful extension throws errors now.

celestian
October 31st, 2022, 17:28
Unfortunately this very useful extension throws errors now.

I do not have the cycles to maintain this one but anyone else can feel free to update it to stay compatible with the updates made to FGU.

Ludd_G
November 17th, 2022, 18:39
I hope someone is kind enough to take this as it's such a useful extension, and I'm missing it.

Thanks for writing it originally, Celestian, it's been a real boon to keeping on top of desktop management!

Cheers,

Simon

GKEnialb
February 14th, 2023, 03:47
I may be able to update it now that TokenHeight will be OBE with the next release. In the meantime, this should fix the current error. @celestian, still okay with somebody maintaining it for you?