PDA

View Full Version : 5e items from lookup l link via class or item side button

Tabatha
March 26th, 2019, 11:17
MODERATOR: Moved to the 5e forum

I hope this is the right place to report that, but I noticed the following:

- if I equip a character via the item button in the right and I chose a explorers pack, drag the link into the inventory section of the character sheet, all the item's in the pack are copied into the inventory.

- if I use the class button on the right and follow the link to the equipment from there, the explorer's pack is only listed as one item. All the things inside aren't listed in the inventory (ie waterskin, rations..).
So I think something isn't properly linked.

I hope my explanation is understandable

Edit: sorry auto correct went wild on the title - I can't edit it

Zacchaeus
March 26th, 2019, 11:48
I'm not seeing that. Can you provide more details of the steps to recreate the issue please.

Tabatha
March 26th, 2019, 12:35
I'll take screenshots when I'm at home. But it looks like you did the same steps as I.

Tabatha
March 26th, 2019, 18:01
So, i checked - it doesn't work for me:

And this is with the items button:

Zacchaeus
March 26th, 2019, 18:51
Hmm, ok. Well something isn't right at your end I fear since I can't reproduce the error at all.

The link from the classes just opens up the same list as you would if you opened up the equipment list from the Library menu in the PHB; and it's just a link - it doesn't affect any of the items on the list. And the list of items in the Library is exactly the same as the items in the items list. So I'm not at all sure why one works and the other apparently does not.

First check that you only have the PHB open and that the list that is popping up is the list from the PHB and not the list from somewhere else such as the basic rules or the SRD.

Also check whether this happens in a new campaign without any extensions and also check whether you have a module in your modules folder with the same name as the PHB. If so delete it or move it out of the modules folder.

If none of that is the issue check that when you start FG that the copyright notices in the chat box show v3.3.7 for both the CoreRPG and 5e rulesets. If they don't then delete either or both from the <FGData>/rulesets folder and do an update of FG. If that isn't the issue find the vault folder in <FGData> and then find the file WOTC5EPHBDELUXE.dat, delete it and do an update.

Let us know how you get on.

Trenloe
March 26th, 2019, 18:58
Looks like the Basic Rules Player module is loaded as well as the PHB - which causes the issue.

Tabatha
March 26th, 2019, 19:04
I just came here to report that I tried a little more and found it. It's like you both said:

I have the basic rules loaded too and if I choose the pack from the basics than I have only the explorer's pack in the inventory, if i use the link from the PHB it shows all the items.
Somehow the link via class uses the basic rules.

Sorry that I made a fuss for nothing!

Zacchaeus
March 26th, 2019, 19:10
I just came here to report that I tried a little more and found it. It's like you both said:

I have the basic rules loaded too and if I choose the pack from the basics than I have only the explorer's pack in the inventory, if i use the link from the PHB it shows all the items.
Somehow the link via class uses the basic rules.

Sorry that I made a fuss for nothing!

The link is an anonymous link - in other words it doesn't link directly to the PHB. It links to the first equipment list it finds. And in this case it'll be the Basic rules.