PDA

View Full Version : Any DM takers for a demo game?

Pilsnerquest
September 2nd, 2006, 14:37
I'm looking for someone willing to run a little demo game to give me an idea of how the gaming table works. I believe the demo can have two players so if anyone else would like to jump in as a player that would be great.

I have a question on the demo game. Where is the demo module found? I see the tutorial of course and where you would either enter a game as a DM or player but didn't notice the demo module.

Also, if anyone is needs, and is willing, to have someone new to the tabletop join up with their group I would really be interested. I've been playing D&D off and on since the early 80's and am fairly familiar with it. I'm located on the east coast and have a pretty flexible schedule so working in gaming time is easy enough. PM or email at [email protected]

thanks,
Chad

Griogre
September 2nd, 2006, 18:44
Hi Chad. The demo automatically loads the demo module. It's all built into the demo exe.

I'm busy this weekend, I'm running Rappan Athuk (https://www.fouruglymonsters.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=35) in an hour or so, but I can run a short introduction on Monday or Tuesday if you are interested. I'm on PDT in California.

Pilsnerquest
September 3rd, 2006, 03:32
Great, thanks.

Monday I'm good at 6PM EST or later and Tuesday I'm free until 2:45PM EST. Let me know if thats anything that works for you.

Also, if you have any advice on things like connectivity or other issues that may arise when trying to get a game going I'd appreciate it. That way I would be able to iron out any problems before hand.

thanks again,
Chad

Griogre
September 3rd, 2006, 07:48
Monday a little later would be better for me. How about at 9 PM eastern?

Connectively for players is very seldom an issue. If you can start the demo and get into it without any problems we are probably set.

If you want to play around with the demo, you can start two instances of it on the same computer and have them connect to each other. You have to use different user IDs and its easier to switch between the copies if you are in a screen resolution of greater than 1024x768. This will allow you to see the differences between the Full and Light versions of FG.

I think the demo does a pretty good job of showing the things you might want to do as a DM setting up an adventure. I think instead of using it I'll just run a brief couple room encounters so you can see how to move the tokens, roll the dice, setup hotkeys and use the map.

You're welcome.

Pilsnerquest
September 3rd, 2006, 16:52
Okay, Monday at 9PM EST is perfect.

I did run the demo as DM and player on the same PC and it looks great.
(The only oddity I had occurred while connected to the internet and running the two demos. When, as the player, I clicked on the token icon the PC would crash. When not connected and running the two demos the tokens worked fine. I'll head over to the help board and see what they say) It looks like DM's can do some interesting things with the program.

catch you tomorrow evening,

Chad

Griogre
September 4th, 2006, 00:26
Great, see you Monday then, I'll PM you the IP address a little before nine.

Pilsnerquest
September 4th, 2006, 13:22
Okay, see you then.