PDA

View Full Version : Shadow of the Demon Lord (MoreCore)

superteddy57
March 26th, 2019, 10:37
Hi folks! I cleaned up and fixed a lot of the rolling issues with my extension. I also added some functionality into it to allow Ancestry and Path drops to the character sheet. The sheet should have the same level of functionality as the last one. If I'm missing anything or you receive errors, please reach out to me and I'll work to correct them. This was needed to be rebuilt due to version incompatibility of the MoreCore ruleset. Some of the great features Damned released made some hiccups with the code. So figured it might be best to work from scratch. I may add features if you request them. As always, hope this improves your gameplay and enjoy.

3-27-19 v0.9.1 - Added missing labels to the character sheet, npc sheet, and desktop panels. Also, found that the export options were missing as well and sorted those. I added a sort feature by type for NPCs while I was at it, to make it easier for GMs for encounters. Always recommend starting a new campaign when making any content as old extensions may linger in the programs memory. Missed these when I was setting up the extension again.

5-2-19 v0.9.2 - Updated Spells section on character sheet to be more in line with current MoreCore rolls. Shifted tracker boxes to the left to show roll button to allow casting rolls if any are needed. Can't used Parameters and Trackers at the same time, but figured tracking was more important.

5-20-19 v0.9.3 - Had to remove changes I've made to the Combat Tracker due to a error code. Removing the changes removes the error. With new campaigns, the DM may need to setup the Combat Tracker. The intended look will be shown below.

1-7-20 v0.9.4 - Fixed extension to work with the changes made to MoreCore.

3-15-20 v0.9.5 - Fixed a bug with Abilities after recent MoreCore update.

4-10-20 v0.9.5 - Repost to make sure file is correct

4-10-20 v0.9.6 - Changed Ancestry drop to be accepted anywhere on the character sheet til I can track down what is causing it to not be accepted in the ancestry frame directly.

Arion
March 26th, 2019, 21:02
Hi folks! I cleaned up and fixed a lot of the rolling issues with my extension. I also added some functionality into it to allow Ancestry and Path drops to the character sheet. The sheet should have the same level of functionality as the last one. If I'm missing anything or you receive errors, please reach out to me and I'll work to correct them. This was needed to be rebuilt due to version incompatibility of the MoreCore ruleset. Some of the great features Damned released made some hiccups with the code. So figured it might be best to work from scratch. I may add features if you request them. As always, hope this improves your gameplay and enjoy.

Seems to work so far!! Great work.

Elihu
March 27th, 2019, 06:44
Seems to work so far!! Great work.

Arion, how are you able to do a boon or bane dice string please explain it exactly how you type it into the dice string.

Elihu
March 27th, 2019, 06:48
Will Attribute glitched.

see image

damned
March 27th, 2019, 07:06
Please post your chat window.

Elihu
March 27th, 2019, 08:00
Damned, when you roll Will it says Will. Its a cosmetic issue really, the character sheet just does not say Will. heres a pic. I am still trying to find out how to use the boon roll so that it automatically enters the boon bonus in the modifier box.

Also does anyone out there have a mod for a bunch of dice strings used in morecore games.

Elihu
March 27th, 2019, 08:08
Also the NPC stat blocks have 4 entries that are not labeled, however they are the 4 attributes, and an extra one for perception. It would be nice to see what stat it is.

damned
March 27th, 2019, 10:24
Please post your chat window.

Please post your chat window when you load FG.
I need to see the versions on rulesets you are running.
Posting an empty chat window is not overly useful.

On your first posy about SotDL I pointed out you were using a version of MoreCore that was over 2 years old.
Have you fixed this yet?

Elihu
March 27th, 2019, 10:28

damned
March 27th, 2019, 10:42
As per:
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?48605-Morecore-dice-string-help&p=431126&viewfull=1#post431126

you are 12 versions and 2 years behind on your version of MoreCore. Most likely the Boon and Bane rolls arent in your version of MoreCore.

Elihu
March 27th, 2019, 11:15
As per:
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?48605-Morecore-dice-string-help&p=431126&viewfull=1#post431126

you are 12 versions and 2 years behind on your version of MoreCore. Most likely the Boon and Bane rolls arent in your version of MoreCore.

Thanks Damned, I feel stupid now. I thought Morecore updated whenever FG updated, here is what i have showing now.

damned
March 27th, 2019, 11:51
None of the community rulesets get auto-updated - they all have to be manually updated like extensions.

I would change the roll as follows:

enable parameters
tick hide p2 and p3
and change the formula to /bane (p1)d6

and then you can either have 3 of those each with 1/2/3 or you can have one and set the dice each time

Superteddy57 will fix the bugs in the sheets as reported soon(ish).

superteddy57
March 27th, 2019, 13:18
Yup, working on it now.

superteddy57
March 27th, 2019, 13:38
Updated first post with updated extension fixing those requests and added sorting NPCs by type as well.

Elihu
April 3rd, 2019, 22:16
Do any of you know how to fill out the NPC stat block, is it possible to make an attack line that works in combat tracker?, do you know of any how to reference for populating the sotdl material into FG?

damned
April 4th, 2019, 02:04
Do any of you know how to fill out the NPC stat block, is it possible to make an attack line that works in combat tracker?, do you know of any how to reference for populating the sotdl material into FG?

I woudl think you would use Rolls for the Attacks .

superteddy57
April 4th, 2019, 13:29
Attack information is standard CoreRPG and MoreCore. You type the name of the attack and then the dice string.

EX - Natural Weapon (melee) 1d20+3 (1d6 + 1)

OR you can set up a roll in the boxes below. Left it to dealer's choice to whatever you feel more comfortable doing and using. This one is closer to vanilla MoreCore than my others. Didn't add much to the extension, just a few helpfuls to use it to run the game.

Elihu
April 11th, 2019, 02:08
Attack information is standard CoreRPG and MoreCore. You type the name of the attack and then the dice string.

EX - Natural Weapon (melee) 1d20+3 (1d6 + 1)

OR you can set up a roll in the boxes below. Left it to dealer's choice to whatever you feel more comfortable doing and using. This one is closer to vanilla MoreCore than my others. Didn't add much to the extension, just a few helpfuls to use it to run the game.

That example is not working, I mean it does show you what the attack does, but it does not do anything functionally in FG.
This one does work though:
Cleaver (melee attack) 1d20+3; Cleaver (Damage) 1d6+2

Another issue is that when we use a bane or boon, it stays in the modifier box and does not go away, so whenever you forget to manually remove a boon roll you had done in the past, whenever you roll a new one it +/- the last one as well. so we get strange boon rolls like +8 or + 12, and so forth. I remember at some point in this extension the boons did leave the box after the next d20 roll. Maybe, there is something I'm missing.

Also,Immune and vulnerabilities would be nice things to have in the NPC block

damned
April 11th, 2019, 04:09
I would personally use Rolls instead of the attack strings.
If you set them up as Rolls do they clear the Boons/Banes properly?

Elihu
April 11th, 2019, 07:17
I would personally use Rolls instead of the attack strings.
If you set them up as Rolls do they clear the Boons/Banes properly?

Hmm 🤔 it seems to be working now.

damned
April 11th, 2019, 08:19
Hmm �� it seems to be working now.

There is an occasional glitch where the modifiers stop getting cleared during a session.
I cant easily replicate it so I havent been able to fix it.
When you spot it happening it would be best to reload the table.

superteddy57
April 11th, 2019, 13:49
Damned is correct. I have been able to see through testing the Bane/Boon dice modifier does get stuck, but that is an issue with the roll itself. I'll look into it and see if I can spot an issue in the Bane/Boon rolls, but I didn't make it and it may take a moment to check through it. As for the Attack strings, I left that in there as I sometimes needed to improv an action. Damned is also correct about using rolls in the bottom box as the intent of producing rolls. MoreCore was intended to run through those rolls and I stuck with the philosophy. I would use the Attack line as more of improv for an custom NPC, and stick to rolls for the permanent actions for the NPCs. With the addition of parameters and trackers to MoreCore you can pretty much do a ton of stuff within that space. I tested your attack string and both work with double clicking. They are separate click mind you, but they do both work. You can also double click on the attributes themselves to produce a d20 roll with that attribute as well. Since Melee is strength and Ranged is dexterity. As with the attack line this was provided as an option and I like to accommodate any GM that may prefer one method or another. I hope this helps. Great feedback and questions, looking forward to more.

Jason_Sunday
May 3rd, 2019, 03:05
I am setting a SotDL character. How is the Spell section on the front page intended to work? I see the part where it it counts down the spells but what about rolls? I can't get them to work.

superteddy57
May 3rd, 2019, 03:21
Well they are made like standard MoreCore rolls. You can add a formula or factor them using manual rolls. There isn't much automation to spells beyond what MoreCore has to offer.

Jason_Sunday
May 3rd, 2019, 03:24
Well they are made like standard MoreCore rolls. You can add a formula or factor them using manual rolls. There isn't much automation to spells beyond what MoreCore has to offer.

I added a simple 1d6 but there isn't a roll button to click just 3 fill in boxes and no way to disable them.27252

superteddy57
May 3rd, 2019, 03:43
Well that is interesting. Thanks for the find. Give me some time to get that sorted. I'll most likely make them part of rolls moving forward since the die rolls are basically broken with the new code.

damned
May 3rd, 2019, 03:43
I havent used this extension in a while so hopefully this is accurate:

Spells were deprecated in MoreCore a few versions ago because they were ultimately only Trackers - they reported their use and depending on the setup they also incremented/decremented/other the tracking.
In most systems there are spells that have mechanical effects that FG can handle and things it cant handle.
If there are things that the spell does that FG can handle you would also create a Roll for the Spell - such as Heal or Fireball etc and you wouldnt for things like Light or Bless or Transmute Rock.

superteddy57
May 3rd, 2019, 03:51
That's the issue. The Spells basically need to be shifted over to the new system which I'm doing right now. Should only take 5 more mins.

damned
May 3rd, 2019, 03:59
I dont think I removed the spell code - Its just not on the standard MoreCore sheets. It may however have been modified after this extension was posted.

superteddy57
May 3rd, 2019, 04:11
Updated first post with changes to the spells section on the character sheet to be in line with current MoreCore rolls. I did shift the tracker boxes to the left to allow die rolls, but won't be able to use trackers and parameters at the same time.

Jason_Sunday
May 4th, 2019, 00:42
Updated first post with changes to the spells section on the character sheet to be in line with current MoreCore rolls. I did shift the tracker boxes to the left to allow die rolls, but won't be able to use trackers and parameters at the same time.

The Attributes are now gone in the new version.

superteddy57
May 4th, 2019, 02:56
Uploaded wrong extension. Sorry! Try it now it should have the proper files in there now.

Jason_Sunday
May 4th, 2019, 03:01
Seems to be working great! Thanks.

Jason_Sunday
May 4th, 2019, 03:12
Now I am trying to add a new dice roll and I get this error. I also notice that "MoreData" tab is missing.

superteddy57
May 4th, 2019, 03:34
Try a new character sheet and let me know.

Also double check you are up to date on your MoreCore and within a campaign. The Character Management might produce errors.

Hurske
May 20th, 2019, 01:45
There is an issue I have found trying out the game. On the DM side the combat tracker is fine. But when my players tried to use it, it caused console errors on their side, as well as it makes all the text on their side be cut off from the left.

superteddy57
May 20th, 2019, 03:02
Can you show me an image and what MoreCore version are you using?

Hurske
May 20th, 2019, 04:51
https://gyazo.com/b6d36af1b46e1d1bc6e32561c42ef616
is the screen of the version

https://gyazo.com/ed06b59e2615095a6eee5f061417643e
Is a screen of the issue I am talking about

superteddy57
May 20th, 2019, 13:27
Thanks. Looks like there were some changes to the Combat Tracker that I will have to investigate. I removed the changes I made to the Combat Tracker for now till I can track down the issue. This will allow it to be playable for the time being. Updated first post with updated code.

seiya5
October 12th, 2019, 20:35

3-27-19 v0.9.1 - Added missing labels to the character sheet, npc sheet, and desktop panels. Also, found that the export options were missing as well and sorted those. I added a sort feature by type for NPCs while I was at it, to make it easier for GMs for encounters. Always recommend starting a new campaign when making any content as old extensions may linger in the programs memory. Missed these when I was setting up the extension again.

5-2-19 v0.9.2 - Updated Spells section on character sheet to be more in line with current MoreCore rolls. Shifted tracker boxes to the left to show roll button to allow casting rolls if any are needed. Can't used Parameters and Trackers at the same time, but figured tracking was more important.

5-20-19 v0.9.3 - Had to remove changes I've made to the Combat Tracker due to a error code. Removing the changes removes the error. With new campaigns, the DM may need to setup the Combat Tracker. The intended look will be shown below.

Thank you so much this makes me so happy man!

vvZODvv
January 7th, 2020, 18:53
I'm setting up a campaign with your extension supperteddy and it is awesome! Thanks!

I was chatting with damned on the MoreCore thread and noticed that your SotDL extension displays the /damageroll dice string with the default d20 icon instead of the blood splatter icon. Without the SotDL extension loaded, the correct icon displays. The extension displays the correct icons for the other dice strings I've attempted. I have no idea how to fix this.
Functionally it works fine, it would help visually organize the character sheet for the players.

Thanks again for your work making this awesome game play great on FG!

superteddy57
January 7th, 2020, 19:30
Updated extension to latest version of MoreCore. Should display rolls correctly. I have not updated the extension to the latest version of MoreCore and that was the issue with the rolls.

vvZODvv
January 7th, 2020, 20:29
Updated extension to latest version of MoreCore. Should display rolls correctly. I have not updated the extension to the latest version of MoreCore and that was the issue with the rolls.

Wow that was ridiculously quick! LOL Thanks!

With all my playing around with the extension, there's really only two other things I have noted and neither is a big deal:
1) this is absurdly minor, but the rulebook is written in American English and the NPC sheets have the British English "Defence" rather than "Defense"
2) there doesn't seem to be any functionality in the PC sheet for Total Weight Carried in the Inventory tab. Although that is a functionality issue, encumbrance is so simple in this game it doesn't matter too much.

superteddy57
January 7th, 2020, 20:37
Yeah, have a nasty habit of bouncing back and forth with the US/British english sorry! Was playing too much Traveller at the time. You can dive into the strings xml and change any of the text. The Encumbrance box doesn't have code to calculate the total weight. Just please understand this was made with only doing a one shot for my group at the time and isn't my most polished work. I also don't want to build this out too much as to step on the toes of any development of a full blown ruleset. So it will remain minimalist in terms of features.

vvZODvv
January 7th, 2020, 20:46
Yeah, have a nasty habit of bouncing back and forth with the US/British english sorry! Was playing too much Traveller at the time. You can dive into the strings xml and change any of the text. The Encumbrance box doesn't have code to calculate the total weight. Just please understand this was made with only doing a one shot for my group at the time and isn't my most polished work. I also don't want to build this out too much as to step on the toes of any development of a full blown ruleset. So it will remain minimalist in terms of features.

Nah, no sweat. It is a great extension!

Felcelot
January 28th, 2020, 07:31
Hi!

Our group decided to give a try to FG instead of roll20 with SoTDL Campaign and I'm bit struggling with rolls.
Is there a way to make a classic attack roll d20 + mod + (boons-banes)d6 ?
I know there is a dice string for boon and bane, but how can I combine results in such a formula? Is it possible?
Or the main way for such thing is to implement another dice string?

And thanks to damned and superteddy57, your work made possible for us to try out FG :)

damned
January 28th, 2020, 09:32
Hey Felcelot

I havent used superteddy57s extension. The way it was built in MoreCore was to first roll Boons or Banes and then to make the main roll.
There is no way to chain rolls together at this time.

superteddy57 will reply in his timezone.

superteddy57
January 28th, 2020, 17:50
Hi!

Our group decided to give a try to FG instead of roll20 with SoTDL Campaign and I'm bit struggling with rolls.
Is there a way to make a classic attack roll d20 + mod + (boons-banes)d6 ?
I know there is a dice string for boon and bane, but how can I combine results in such a formula? Is it possible?
Or the main way for such thing is to implement another dice string?

And thanks to damned and superteddy57, your work made possible for us to try out FG :)

Our pleasure! Damned is correct in the process. This was built many MoreCore versions ago and was made from that version's use of the rolls. Since then, Damned has made huge leaps and bounds with the rolling system for MoreCore and this could be prime for some upgrades with use of those new features. I unfortunately have to be careful of my projects as a whole, and Shadow of the Demon Lord itself, since there is a Shadow of the Demon Lord commercial product in the works. I tread lightly and carefully with adding additions with this extension to not step on that product's toes and my new status as an employee of Smiteworks. I hope this is a great help to your group to play it on FG till the commercial product is ready and will assist where I can for game breaking bugs.

Felcelot
January 29th, 2020, 21:45
The way it was built in MoreCore was to first roll Boons or Banes and then to make the main roll.
There is no way to chain rolls together at this time.

Okay, looks like I got it. Thanks!

I unfortunately have to be careful of my projects as a whole, and Shadow of the Demon Lord itself, since there is a Shadow of the Demon Lord commercial product in the works. I tread lightly and carefully with adding additions with this extension to not step on that product's toes and my new status as an employee of Smiteworks. I hope this is a great help to your group to play it on FG till the commercial product is ready and will assist where I can for game breaking bugs.

Congrats on your new status!
And it's a great news that there is commercial solution for sotdl on the way. Are there any specifics known to public? I.e. release date? :)

One more thing. If I or my players put any rolls into macro bar and then click it - it rolls twice.
I tried to lookup this issue, but couldn't find it. So, I thought, maybe it's an extension bug, or some mishap on my side with settings.
Any guidance will be appreciated.

damned
January 30th, 2020, 00:47

And it's a great news that there is commercial solution for sotdl on the way. Are there any specifics known to public? I.e. release date? :)

One more thing. If I or my players put any rolls into macro bar and then click it - it rolls twice.
I tried to lookup this issue, but couldn't find it. So, I thought, maybe it's an extension bug, or some mishap on my side with settings.

I cant be sure about the SotDL extension side but MoreCore Rolls depend on them being attached to a PC or NPC to work.

Felcelot
January 30th, 2020, 08:05
I cant be sure about the SotDL extension side but MoreCore Rolls depend on them being attached to a PC or NPC to work.

MoreCore Rolls work. And yeah, just like you described, only in the context of the character they belong to. That's all good.

The issue is with macrobar. This happens independently of the type of roll.
Here is my repro steps:

1) Drag and drop die into slot on macrobar.
2) Click on macrobar.

Observed behavior:
Immediately after click two separate rolls appears in chat area. Their results reported separately. Just the same as if I would roll same die twice.
If I substitute simple die for a MoreCore roll dragged from PC sheet, same thing happens. Chat reports that PC made two separate rolls with it's results and names.

AFAIR, behavior doesn't change whether CTRL, SHIFT or ALT are pressed.

Same happens when my player do that.

damned
January 30th, 2020, 10:27
Hey Felcelot is this in FGC or FGU? I think there is a FGU bug that causes something like this.

Felcelot
January 30th, 2020, 10:51
Hey Felcelot is this in FGC or FGU? I think there is a FGU bug that causes something like this.

FGC Ultimate.

damned
January 30th, 2020, 11:26
If you can post a screenshot and export a character Superteddy57 might be talked into having a look at the issue.

Felcelot
January 30th, 2020, 12:00
If you can post a screenshot and export a character Superteddy57 might be talked into having a look at the issue.

Okay, thanks!
Will do later today.

Gwydion
January 30th, 2020, 14:15
Hello everyone! Glad to "officially" hear that a shadow of the demon lord ruleset is in process. I feel like I've heard that for the last few years. Not being critical as I know these are a to of work but is there any news at all if this is another year away from being released? Six months? Couple months?

Any ideas at all would be really helpful. I assume most all of the dev work is on unity which I completely get. Just looking for any info that can be provided. Thanks in advance.

superteddy57
January 30th, 2020, 17:34

I agreee with Damned as I tried to set a few rolls on the character sheet and I'm not even able to click and drag them to the hotkey bar to the bottom. The intention is certainly not intended to be used from the hotkeybar and the characters do their rolls from their character sheets.

With Damned newest additions you can use the tracking frames to assist in quickly changing the number of bane and boon dice

MoreCore Rolls work. And yeah, just like you described, only in the context of the character they belong to. That's all good.

Here is my repro steps:

2) Click on macrobar.

Observed behavior:
Immediately after click two separate rolls appears in chat area. Their results reported separately. Just the same as if I would roll same die twice.
If I substitute simple die for a MoreCore roll dragged from PC sheet, same thing happens. Chat reports that PC made two separate rolls with it's results and names.

Ah, I see what you mean. I'll look into that for you and see if it's extension, ruleset, or version of FG related. I have verified it's doing it in FGC, but haven't done any testing with Unity.

Hello everyone! Glad to "officially" hear that a shadow of the demon lord ruleset is in process. I feel like I've heard that for the last few years. Not being critical as I know these are a to of work but is there any news at all if this is another year away from being released? Six months? Couple months?

Any ideas at all would be really helpful. I assume most all of the dev work is on unity which I completely get. Just looking for any info that can be provided. Thanks in advance.

Smiteworks has the green light to produce a ruleset and I personally, and officially, don't have details to that project's progress. My post was merely to state that as a SmiteWorks employee I have to be careful what I work on my spare time in relation to my new status. Since it could be viewed as an official release and we want to provide the best product possible and this extension is certainly not to the level of a commercial release. I understand the frustration of wanting to play a system and it not being currently available. To not limit things further, I wished for my extensions to be still posted in their current states to be used to help those groups. Please understand, they are to help game play, but in no way an official release or to the level of a commercial product such as 5E. As you have pointed out, Unity is certainly a very high priority, but other projects are not being forgotten and we are working harder than ever to produce content. Please continue to inquire and we may have official news as time moves on.

Gwydion
January 30th, 2020, 19:08
Completely get it and much appreciated. Thx for all your work on the extension!

Moon Wizard
January 31st, 2020, 00:39
Just to clarify, since superteddy57 was working on this as a community member, before he joined the SmiteWorks team. We specifically asked him to put any community projects he has been working on into maintenance mode. We want his involvement in any projects to be in an official capacity going forward, but didn't want to ask him to pull the community content he has done to date.

I asked Doug and James about what we've heard about any official conversion of SotDL. The current answer is that we have publisher permission, but we do not have a community DLC developer who has signed up to take on the project.

Regards,
JPG

Gwydion
January 31st, 2020, 02:13
Just to clarify, since superteddy57 was working on this as a community member, before he joined the SmiteWorks team. We specifically asked him to put any community projects he has been working on into maintenance mode. We want his involvement in any projects to be in an official capacity going forward, but didn't want to ask him to pull the community content he has done to date.

I asked Doug and James about what we've heard about any official conversion of SotDL. The current answer is that we have publisher permission, but we do not have a community DLC developer who has signed up to take on the project.

Regards,
JPG

Got it. Very clear update JPG and very much appreciated. Thanks so much for asking Doug and James!

damned
January 31st, 2020, 02:26
There was one... I was conversing with him semi-regularly up to about a year ago but they have since gone quiet... :(

Felcelot
January 31st, 2020, 09:07

Here is my repro steps:

2) Click on macrobar.

Observed behavior:

damned, superteddy57 so, I was a bit wrong.

First: yeah, MoreCore rolls doesn't work on macrobar, just as you said. I mixed it up with attribute check roll, from sotdl extension charsheet.
In both cases it rolled twice in a row with one click on the bar.

Second: I tried to reproduce it on different ruleset and without sotdl extension. Here is what I found:

- MoreCore with SotDL: reproduces.
- 5e ruleset without extensions: doesn't reproduce.
- MoreCore without any extension: reproduces.

So, either it's something wrong with my environment. Although, I didn't make any changes to MoreCore ruleset.
Or it may be something up with MoreCore.

My MoreCore version is 1.52 20200115.

The current answer is that we have publisher permission, but we do not have a community DLC developer who has signed up to take on the project.

That's actually sounds very appealing to try. What are the requirements?

Felcelot
February 1st, 2020, 14:52
One more thing: sometimes boons and banes stuck.

Like this. (https://imgur.com/JWnEUDA)

There is nothing in modifier field. And we were unable to reset them in any way, except from reconnect.

Any help will be appreciated.

damned
February 1st, 2020, 15:04
It is a bug.
It is something that has been there for a long time.
If you can work out how to replicate the issue everytime then I might be able to fix.
Right now I think when it happens you have to restart the session....

Felcelot
February 1st, 2020, 16:39
It is a bug.
It is something that has been there for a long time.
If you can work out how to replicate the issue everytime then I might be able to fix.
Right now I think when it happens you have to restart the session....

I see, thanks. I'll keep an eye on it.

vvZODvv
February 1st, 2020, 16:43
I see, thanks. I'll keep an eye on it.

FWIW, I experienced it on occasion as I was in the early stages of setting up my campaign, but at some point ... it just stopped happening. I have no idea what is triggering it, but hopefully you have the same experience I did and it goes away.

vvZODvv
March 15th, 2020, 16:23
I know you more or less put this in maintenance mode SuperTeddy, but today's MoreCore update broke the Abilities button you created for this extension. Any chance of getting a fix?

superteddy57
March 15th, 2020, 19:48
Updated first post with changes to get abilities working. I'll relay this to damned as it appears to be a MoreCore issue than the extension. Not sure if removing abilities was intended. They are back in the extension currently. Let me know if you see anything else like this.

vvZODvv
March 15th, 2020, 20:37
Hmm. I'm still not getting them to work. 32134

superteddy57
March 15th, 2020, 20:46
I'm unsure of the original name used in past versions of MoreCore and went with the name used in the latest update. So they may work, but won't display old ones due to the type mismatch now. Did you happen to export your abilities to a module? If so, can you post them and I can try to do a type match in the library to see if I can get them to display.

superteddy57
March 15th, 2020, 20:48
Actually nix that! I remember how I fixed it. It required a second component fix in MoreCore to get it done. Let me reach out to damned to get it in for a hotfix and should be good to go, but again, might run into old data being lost. If not, then I'll just have to build an abilities node.

vvZODvv
March 15th, 2020, 21:39
Thanks ST. I reverted to the previous version - all the data I entered was still there. Not a big deal. Once you and damned get it worked out, I'll save the data before trying the new versions.

superteddy57
March 15th, 2020, 21:57
Can you please export it to module and send me a copy to see what data type your abilities show as

vvZODvv
March 15th, 2020, 23:00
.... weeeeellll. To add a wrinkle to the situation, the extension is causing an error in exporting. I confirmed I can export fine without the SotDL extension enabled.

damned
March 16th, 2020, 00:06
Can you d/l MoreCore again please?
If still problems please zip up the db.xml and post here with steps to reproduce.

Raddu
March 20th, 2020, 07:11
I'm excited to use this, but the chat window and the other windows (aside from the char sheet) don't have the right look, as you can see in the image. Also when I click on Groups or Places I get the Devil Head icon instead of the red background.

I'm running MoreCore 20200315 1.54 and the .0.9.5 SotDL extention

damned
March 20th, 2020, 10:25
You are running a mismatch on your CoreRPG
You probably have an unpacked CoreRPG ruleset somewhere

Raddu
March 27th, 2020, 15:55
hmmm, how can you tell that? I've moved any upacked folders to another location and I'm still getting this issue.

damned
March 28th, 2020, 00:25
Your screen shot had CoreRPG 3.3.9 and it was aster 3.3.10 had been released.
What is the actual issue you get and Ill have a look

superteddy57
March 28th, 2020, 03:24
Those frames may have been changed with the base ruleset. The theme didn't cover every frame from what I remember. So some frames may be updated to the latest MoreCore theme.

GunbunnyFuFu
April 5th, 2020, 14:35
Getting an error now when I try to roll /bane dice (dice string is /bane 1d6). I get the following:

Script Error: [string "common/scripts/morecore_rolls.lua"]:48: attempt to index a nil value

Is the dice string wrong?

superteddy57
April 5th, 2020, 14:45
I tested in FGC and it rolls the bane without any issue. I did use the formula option for the roll. How were you trying to roll it?

GunbunnyFuFu
April 5th, 2020, 20:38
Same way....

Difference is mine isn't showing the parameter box (no matter what I do) and the roll icon indicates it goes to chat. Tried it exactly the same way you did, and getting the same error.

GunbunnyFuFu
April 5th, 2020, 20:47
Figured it out. Old extension. Updated to latest and now it's fine.

Hurske
April 8th, 2020, 22:14
Does anyone else have an issue with the bane and Boon, as a GM, once I roll and it changes the modifier box, it doesnt reset after I roll, but on the player side it does.

NVM, I seem to have found the issue. I needed a restart of my client.

superteddy57
April 8th, 2020, 22:24
Known issue with the bane/boon roller. Still looking to fix it, but can work around by removing it before rolling.

damned
April 8th, 2020, 23:09
Does anyone else have an issue with the bane and Boon, as a GM, once I roll and it changes the modifier box, it doesnt reset after I roll, but on the player side it does.

NVM, I seem to have found the issue. I needed a restart of my client.

Its an intermittent issue.
I have not yet found what causes the fault.
Restarting the client is the only way to clear this.

Hurske
April 9th, 2020, 02:54
I know what caused it for me, I had the bane and boon dice roll set as a formula, if with that, the box is set at 0, and you roll it, it causes a pop up, and at that point the modifier box no longer resets itself. I found this out with both myself and my players when I was having them make their boons and bane rolls

FSHSchmo
April 10th, 2020, 15:42
So working on updating my old SotDL info to the new extension. When I drag the human ancestry link over to a PC sheet it does not populate. Is this a known issue or am I missing something.

superteddy57
April 10th, 2020, 15:52
I double checked with a new ancestry node and was able to drag n drop the link to the frame. Have you tried a new node to see if that is working?

FSHSchmo
April 10th, 2020, 15:57
I double checked with a new ancestry node and was able to drag n drop the link to the frame. Have you tried a new node to see if that is working?

That did the trick. Created a new sample PC and it worked like a champ. Is there a location to see all the traits on the back of the ancestry pages so I can reuse the duplicates or do I need to make new ones for each ancestry?

superteddy57
April 10th, 2020, 16:00
Well clicking on the tab should show the list of the traits ordered by level. You can open each one and just cut/paste them into the new ancestry.

vvZODvv
April 19th, 2020, 17:17
When opening an ability in the Talent box, it now shows the word "Feature" under the name of the Talent. Unlocking the ability box doesn't allow access to a new field called Feature - it just hangs there.

If this report belongs in the MoreCore thread, let me know. I chose here due to it being related to the character sheet.34016

GunbunnyFuFu
April 20th, 2020, 00:54
How do I structure the damage roll so that I can get it to apply automatically to the target when targeted?

vvZODvv
April 20th, 2020, 01:09
How do I structure the damage roll so that I can get it to apply automatically to the target when targeted?

Use the /damageroll

damned
April 20th, 2020, 01:10
These are current Damage Roll types in MoreCore

AFMBE Damage Roll: /afmbedmg (p1)d6x(p2) (roll #d6 * #)
Damage: /damage #d#+# rolls dice of tpe Damage, can be dragged onto the targets Wounds by the GM
Damage Roll: /damageroll #d#+# rolls damage and applies it to the target in the Combat Tracker
DamageDR: /damagedr #d#+# rolls damage and reduces damage by the target in the Combat Trackers Defense (damage reduction) and applies the damage
DamageDR4: /damagedr4 #d#+# rolls damage and reduces damage by the target in the Combat Trackers Field Four (damage reduction) and applies the damage
DBDamage: /dbdamage #d#+# rolls damage and applies it to the target
Gumshoe Damage: /gsdamage #d#+# rolls damage and applies it to the target
Healing: /heal #d#+# (need to ctrl-drag to apply negative damage)
L5R Damage: /damagel5r 1s20+#x# (roll 1s20 and equal or lower than attribute for success)
Roll and Keep Katana Damage: /rnkd #k# (roll #d10 explode on 9 and 10 and keep highest # of type damage)
Stunt Dice Damage: /stuntdmg # (roll stunt dice and add optional modifier, damage type)
Wrath and Glory Damage: /wrathdmg #d6x# (roll #d6, add x#, modifiers add extra dice, dice generates damage on sliding scale)
Wrath and Glory Brutal Damage: /wrathdmgb #d6x# (roll #d6, add x#, modifiers add extra dice, dice generates damage on sliding scale)

Some of these will apply targetted damage some the GM would drag on to the target in the CT

GunbunnyFuFu
April 20th, 2020, 01:10
Thank you!

GunbunnyFuFu
April 24th, 2020, 01:32
OK..back with another question! I've made a module of items for a MoreCore game I'm running, but when I pull them over out of the module the come across as "Unidentified Item". I can open up the item and click the ID ring and they'll change back to the name they are supposed to be..how can I get them to come across as not unidentified?

GBFF

GunbunnyFuFu
April 24th, 2020, 13:48
Disregard....I believe I have it sorted.

GBFF

GunbunnyFuFu
April 25th, 2020, 15:09
OK...using the stock Extension for this, and I'm getting errors when using /attackac:

Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_custom_attackac.lua"]:182: attempt to concatenate local 'sHitResult' (a nil value)
Runtime Notice: s'performAction: ' | nil | { s'sType' = s'pc', s'sCreatureNode' = s'combattracker.list.id-00003', s'sCTNode' = s'combattracker.list.id-00003', s'sName' = s'Stevedores' } | s'1d20+1 Club Attack'
Runtime Notice: s'rRoll.sDesc: ' | s'Club Attack' | s'sDicePattern' | s'1d20+1'
Runtime Notice: s'Preflightcheck: ' | s'1d20+1 Club Attack'
Runtime Notice: s'onLanded: ' | { s'sType' = s'pc', s'sCreatureNode' = s'combattracker.list.id-00003', s'sCTNode' = s'combattracker.list.id-00003', s'sName' = s'Stevedores' } | { s'sType' = s'npc', s'sCreatureNode' = s'combattracker.list.id-00002', s'sCTNode' = s'combattracker.list.id-00002', s'sName' = s'Pirate' } | { s'aDice' = { }, s'nMod' = #0, s'sType' = s'attackac', s'aDropped' = { }, s'sDesc' = s'Parameters not in correct format. Should be in the format of "#d#+#xH or #d#+#xL" ' }
Runtime Notice: { s'aDice' = { }, s'nMod' = #0, s'sType' = s'attackac', s'aDropped' = { }, s'sDesc' = s'Parameters not in correct format. Should be in the format of "#d#+#xH or #d#+#xL" ' }
Runtime Notice: s'nTotal (nTarget): ' | nil
Runtime Notice: s'sDice: ' | nil
Runtime Notice: s'sDice (sDice): ' | nil
Runtime Notice: s'nTotal: ' | #0
Runtime Notice: s'rRoll.nMod 1a: ' | #0
Runtime Notice: s'sHitResult: ' | nil
Runtime Notice: s'rTarget: ' | { s'sType' = s'npc', s'sCreatureNode' = s'combattracker.list.id-00002', s'sCTNode' = s'combattracker.list.id-00002', s'sName' = s'Pirate' }
Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_custom_attackac.lua"]:182: attempt to concatenate local 'sHitResult' (a nil value)

Circumstances: Equipped two NPCs (one Pirate, one Stevedore) with clubs, using the dice roll of /attackac 1d20+1 for the Stevedore. Targeting the Pirate. Hit the roll button and bam..instant console appearance.

Thoughts on how to fix?

GBFF

superteddy57
April 25th, 2020, 15:16
Ok, the extension was never made to work with /attackac. The only rolls that were accepted during it's creation was /bane /boon and /die

GunbunnyFuFu
April 25th, 2020, 15:18
So use /die instead of /attackac then I assume?

GBFF

superteddy57
April 25th, 2020, 15:40
Well I never really set up any attack rolls in that fashion. To make /attackac to work, it's looking for what I am assuming is AC (haven't looked over the roll). So yeah, using /die or the base roll would be best. This wasn't really fleshed out for anything past the NPC/PC sheets. Would need additional features to have it work with the drag n drop combat tracker actions and such.

vvZODvv
April 25th, 2020, 16:56
GunbunnyFuFu: IDK what the problem might be, but I can confirm /attackac DOES work. All my PCs and NPCs use it as their attack rolls. Are you up to date on both extensions?

SuperTeddy: I'm wondering if you had any thoughts on the "issue" I raised in post #93 (in quotes because the anomaly doesn't break any functionality)

GunbunnyFuFu
April 25th, 2020, 17:01
Both extensions? SotDL is only showing one...

GBFF

vvZODvv
April 25th, 2020, 17:07
Both extensions? SotDL is only showing one...

GBFF

MoreCore. Sometimes when oddities show up it is because that extension is out of date. Another possibility is that yet another extension you have is conflicting with it. Try turning them off and back on, one by one, to isolate which one might be causing the conflict.

GunbunnyFuFu
April 25th, 2020, 17:21
I'm not seeing a MoreCore extension. I am seeing the MoreCore ruleset (.pak file). I have the latest one of these. What dice string are you using? Perhaps I've messed up the dice string...wouldn't be the first time! Also running only the SotDL extension..no others.

GBFF

GunbunnyFuFu
April 25th, 2020, 17:33
Figured it out..my dice string was incorrect. Oi....thanks for the assist!

superteddy57
April 25th, 2020, 19:08
@vvZODvv You know that is a hold over from where I grabbed the code at the time (5E). That honestly is an easy issue to fix. I'm currently not near my computer to get it done, but if you give me some time I can sort out the string there to reflect Talents

vvZODvv
April 25th, 2020, 19:24
GunbunnyFuFu: Glad you figured it out. No worries. I have definitely found myself in similar situations ... and still do!
SuperTeddy: Thanks!

Eldarc
April 27th, 2020, 16:49
Hi! First I'd like apologise for my poor English and thank Damned and supperteddy57 for their awesome job.

I've got some questions:
1. In what PC sheet box should I setup the attacks? I've read damned recommending using "roll"s instead of "attackac" but, honestly, I'd like to try "attackac" to compare its result with its objective defense. Automation is one of the biggest Fantasy Grounds strengths. So is it possible?
2. Where should I configure those rolls or attacks? "Bane/boon" box? And what fields should I fill please? There's a box called "Weapon Damage". Should I split up the attack and damage rolls in different boxes?
3. @superteddy57. If I've not missunderstood something, you're now hired by SmiteWorks. Are you building an official DotSL ruleset? If you aren't, I'll keep creating my own module to create characters and so. But if you are building that official DotSL ruleset, then I'll wait for it to buy it, and meanwhile spend my time in other things.

Thank you

Eldarc

GunbunnyFuFu
April 27th, 2020, 17:04
Here's how I set my sheets up for the players...they say it plays really well:

Hope that helps!

GBFF

superteddy57
April 27th, 2020, 17:04
1) The focus I used was using the attribute rolls for attacks and "Weapon Damage" frame I set up rolls for the weapon damage. This was made way before damned introduced many of the features you may be familiar with now with MoreCore. This was developed for a one shot with my group at the time. So it's not a fully fleshed out automated project. Just something I threw together.

2) There is a box available as well for the Bane/Boon rolls for the players on the character sheet. It is honestly set up like a more focused MoreCore sheet. So you can honestly change the frame labels and put rolls anywhere. Whatever helps you play.

3) No I am not tasked with building a full fledged ruleset for this system. My projects can range from fixing/assisting with ruleset bugs to adding new features to CoreRPG. With Unity here, I've been busy with helping get that smooth for gameplay.

Eldarc
April 27th, 2020, 17:47
Thank you both for your early answers!

@GunbunnyFuFu could you show the attack and damage forms too pls? Just to see how you filled every field and its syntax.
@supperteddy57 what an awesome job for just a oneshot! And sorry for insisting on the SotDL ruleset. Ok, you're not working on it, but do you know if there's anyone else? Mb you do know, but you're not authorised to tell us... Anyway, thank you!

Eldarc

superteddy57
April 27th, 2020, 17:56
No current developers right now have taken up the mantle of working on this ruleset. If a community developer is interested, they can certainly reach out.

GunbunnyFuFu
April 27th, 2020, 18:00
No problem...here's the rolls:

Happy to help in whatever way I can!

GBFF

Eldarc
April 27th, 2020, 18:19
Thank you both again. You are very helpful. Very appreciated.

Would there be a way to use a character Strength bonus as a Parameter in that formula? For example, if a character had Strength 12, it would have a +2 while calling that value.

@GunbunnyFuFu. Could you tell me what does that "2xH" in the attack roll mean or do please?

Eldarc

GunbunnyFuFu
April 27th, 2020, 18:23
/attackac 1d20+2xH means roll 1d20, add 2 (+2), xH means roll equal to or Higher than target Defense in order to hit. It's what allows the ruleset to know if it was a hit or miss.

GBFF

Eldarc
April 27th, 2020, 19:59
Got it! Thank you!

damned
April 28th, 2020, 08:03
Hi! First I'd like apologise for my poor English and thank Damned and supperteddy57 for their awesome job.

I've got some questions:
1. In what PC sheet box should I setup the attacks? I've read damned recommending using "roll"s instead of "attackac" but, honestly, I'd like to try "attackac" to compare its result with its objective defense. Automation is one of the biggest Fantasy Grounds strengths. So is it possible?
2. Where should I configure those rolls or attacks? "Bane/boon" box? And what fields should I fill please? There's a box called "Weapon Damage". Should I split up the attack and damage rolls in different boxes?
3. @superteddy57. If I've not missunderstood something, you're now hired by SmiteWorks. Are you building an official DotSL ruleset? If you aren't, I'll keep creating my own module to create characters and so. But if you are building that official DotSL ruleset, then I'll wait for it to buy it, and meanwhile spend my time in other things.

Thank you

Eldarc

No problem...here's the rolls:

Happy to help in whatever way I can!

GBFF

/attackac 1d20+2xH means roll 1d20, add 2 (+2), xH means roll equal to or Higher than target Defense in order to hit. It's what allows the ruleset to know if it was a hit or miss.

GBFF

When I say dont use Attacks on the default MoreCore sheet there is a field called Attacks. They still work but have less functionality than more specific Rolls
As Gunbunny says attackac and damageroll are good to use
Do go one better than Gunbunny though and use Roll Parameters to add the Strength bonus.

Eldarc
April 29th, 2020, 17:34
Hi again!

A friend of mine has solved a few minor interface issues of this extension. In order to see all the right side bar buttons with the same aesthetics, you can make the following changes:

in /scripts/data_library_com.lua
change line 13 by: aDataMap = { "mcability", "reference.mcability" },

in /graphics/graphics_icons.xml
add the following under "<!-- Sidebar -->"

<icon name="button_pcclass" file="graphics/sidebar/button_blank.png" />
<icon name="button_pcclass_down" file="graphics/sidebar/button_blank_down.png" />
<icon name="button_world" file="graphics/sidebar/button_blank.png" />
<icon name="button_world_down" file="graphics/sidebar/button_blank_down.png" />
<icon name="button_investigator" file="graphics/sidebar/button_blank.png" />
<icon name="button_investigator_down" file="graphics/sidebar/button_blank_down.png" />

I have changed its font too, but thats more of a personal taste.

Thanks again for your awesome job and helpful and kind assistance!!

Eldarc

Eldarc
May 1st, 2020, 18:35
@superteddy57 I asked that friend of mine to add the "Spells" button in the right sidebar, and to create a form to add the spells from the book. But the day after he told me that form was already created. You had already done that but I think you missed adding the Spells button in the sidebar.

For anyone interested in, all you have to do is edit /scripts/data_libraru_com.lua and add the following right before "end".

LibraryData.setRecordTypeInfo("spells", {
sDisplayText = "library_recordtype_label_spells",
aDataMap = { "spells", "reference.path" },
aDisplayIcon = { "button_spells", "button_spells_down" },
fToggleIndex = toggleCharRecordIndex,
sRecordDisplayClass = "spells",
});

Cheers!

Eldarc

superteddy57
May 1st, 2020, 18:38
Thanks Eldarc, sorry been busy with a few projects. Will have to circle back to add them. If your interested in taking over this project I'd be more than happy to toss you the reigns

Eldarc
May 1st, 2020, 18:53
No problem at all, on the contrary, thank you for your awesome job!

I'd be glad to take the reigns if I had any clue of programming. Unfortunately I'm just that pain in the arse who asks his IT friends to add or improve some functionalities.

TY superteddy!

Eldarc

Eldarc
May 19th, 2020, 04:54
Hi!

That friend of mine and myself are doing some improvements to this ruleset. I have no idea of programming whatsoever but I'm having so much fun copying and pasteing and learning some XML (the very, very basics). While my friend has done some improvements adding filters to the NPCs and Spells menus, and adding some fields to the NPC and item elements, I've been working on, in my opinion, a better character sheet layout. Just little tweaks but very welcomed. I think we'll be able to share with you our humble work pretty soon. Stay tuned.

Meanwhile, I'd like to ask @Damned if it is possible to configure a roll based on /heal in order to always heal yourself. In this game, spells and potions don't heal a fixed amount of health points nor any die function. Their healing depends on the objective's healing rate. That is to say that the same spell would heal a warrior much more than a wizard. So I think the best way to heal someone is not from a healeR character sheet button but from a healeD character sheet button. It would be great that that button healed his own character no matter who he was targeting.

Again, I apologise for my poor English. Thanks for your patience.

Cheers!

Gwydion
June 1st, 2020, 15:10
Hey Eldarc. Interesting as I've been working on some similar tweaks for my own but am in the same boat as you, no coding experience. As for healing, I end up coding /heal 0d0+(p1) so that the player can just input the # in p1 for whatever character they are healing. Then the DM has to ctrl drag/drop on the character to get it to heal. Not a bad workaround.

Also, curious. Were you having trouble with the trackers after the latest update? I think I fixed it unless it was just me who had the issue. that is certainly possible.... :)

Eldarc
June 1st, 2020, 18:36
Hi Gwydion! (Again, excuse my poor English)

Yours is a good way to heal the PCs. That's what we used to use until I asked my friend for a new approach: double clicking on Healing Rate field in your character sheet to heal yourself. So if a cleric says he is using a spell that heals a character twice his healing rate, the healed player would only have to double click twice on his healing rate field. It works smoothly. The only minor issue is that we (he, actually) have not managed how to properly show this in chat. He's working on it.

The big issue we're having and we don't know how to fix it so far is using the "/damage #d#" command. It doesn't work. Neither the combat tracker nor character sheet wound fields are updated. It seems like it's not even considering the attacker target in combat tracker because if he uses "/heal #d#" "against" the same target, it heals him perfectly and it's showed in chat even with its red cross icon. But when you use "/damage" it's not showed, it just prints the result, as a "normal roll". I wish Damned or SuperTeddy could bring some light to this issue, this could be beyond us.

Once this gets fixed, we'll share our new version of this great ruleset. Though we'll explain every single feature we've humbly tried to add, I share a picture so you can get the gist of what we've done so far.

Cheers!!

Eldarc

Gwydion
June 1st, 2020, 18:41
Great stuff, Eldarc! I'm going to keep playing around with what I'm doing but you all are clearly much further along than I am. As for the damage command I think the roll you want is /damageroll #d#. I use it and it targets and applies wounds just fine. I think /damage is intended to just be output into chat and doesn't recognize targeting.

Did you see my question about the trackers? Were you having any script error issues? I'm curious if it was user error or if what I did actually fixed something.

Awesome work!

Eldarc
June 1st, 2020, 18:57
Yeah! "/damageroll" did the job! I feel so dumb! hahaha Thank you!!!

Regarding the trackers, do you mean your talent/spells trackers where you track how many uses you have left? I'm not having any issues that I'm aware of. If you're having issues when double clicking on it to register one use but it doesn't work, once you type how many uses you have, you can click anywhere else or just press Escape key, and then double click on it. It works for me.

If this is not the issue you're having, I actually don't know what you mean, sorry.

Since our main problem has been solved (thanks again Gwydion!), I think we'll be able to share this new version pretty soon.

Eldarc

Gwydion
June 1st, 2020, 19:18
Lol.. Yeah, i actually think that was the fundamental issue (clicking away). I figured that one out this weekend after I tried to update some of the code.....

No worries about the /damageroll. Can't tell you how many times something similar has happened to me.... :)

damned
June 2nd, 2020, 00:32
There are so many different rolls for different purposes.
/damageroll is a more advanced version of /damage

I will create a self healing roll this weekend - hoepfully.

Eldarc
June 2nd, 2020, 00:56
That would be awesome, thank you!

Btw, I’d like to add that I’ve noticed a great performance improvement with last morecore version. I feel, for example, that the rolling die have gone from like 15 fps in previous version to 60 in current one. It just feels much more smooth.

Eldarc
June 11th, 2020, 19:08
@damned If it's not too much trouble, could you also create a self damaging roll? I am an ignorant but I guess it would work just like the self healing damage. It would be great to add that roll in creatures like this:

"The barghest takes 2d6 damage if it is in an area lit by sunlight."

Not necessary at all, but cool and handy.

Thank you

wndrngdru
June 13th, 2020, 01:41
@damned If it's not too much trouble, could you also create a self damaging roll? I am an ignorant but I guess it would work just like the self healing damage. It would be great to add that roll in creatures like this:

"The barghest takes 2d6 damage if it is in an area lit by sunlight."

Not necessary at all, but cool and handy.

Thank you

I would just use /dbdamage 2d6 and have the barghest target itself before rolling it. (you know, as a workaround) :)

damned
June 13th, 2020, 04:42
I am adding in two new rolls -

/damageme (p1)d(p2)+(p3)
/healme (p1)d(p2)+(p3)

Eldarc
June 13th, 2020, 22:50
That's awesome! Thank you

damned
June 14th, 2020, 04:55
New MoreCore build loaded in the MoreCore thread

Eldarc
June 26th, 2020, 14:25
Well, I know it's been such a long wait (I'm sorry!) but I can finally share with you our version of the Shadow of the Demon Lord ruleset, created by superteddy57.

I previously said I would list all of the new additions but I reckon you'll figure them out as you use the extension and play with it.

However I do reckon there is a couple of not so obvious new features:

1. If you double click on a character's sheet Healing Rate number, that character will be healed as much as that number. We've done this because spells and potions and some other healing sources in this game don't heal XdY+Z health points but the healed character's Healing Rate. So if a Priest casts a healing spell on a Fighter, then the Priest just has to declare it and the Fighter then should double click on his own Healing Rate field.
2. In a character's sheet spell tab, there's a field called Spell Cards. You can drag images to this field so if you bought SotDL spell cards, you can crop the spell cards you need and drag them to this field. Some might say it's redundant or useless since you can have this information in a spell sheet. And they'd be right. But I think it's pretty cool too.

I hope you like it and enjoy it as much as I do. Any feedback would be greatly welcomed and appreciated.

I want to thank Fothich for his awesome job. It wouldn't have been possible without you. Thank you mate!!

Have fun!

Gwydion
June 26th, 2020, 14:39
Well, I know it's been such a long wait (I'm sorry!) but I can finally share with you our version of the Shadow of the Demon Lord ruleset, created by superteddy57.

I previously said I would list all of the new additions but I reckon you'll figure them out as you use the extension and play with it.

However I do reckon there is a couple of not so obvious new features:

1. If you double click on a character's sheet Healing Rate number, that character will be healed as much as that number. We've done this because spells and potions and some other healing sources in this game don't heal XdY+Z health points but the healed character's Healing Rate. So if a Priest casts a healing spell on a Fighter, then the Priest just has to declare it and the Fighter then should double click on his own Healing Rate field.
2. In a character's sheet spell tab, there's a field called Spell Cards. You can drag images to this field so if you bought SotDL spell cards, you can crop the spell cards you need and drag them to this field. Some might say it's redundant or useless since you can have this information in a spell sheet. And they'd be right. But I think it's pretty cool too.

I hope you like it and enjoy it as much as I do. Any feedback would be greatly welcomed and appreciated.

I want to thank Fothich for his awesome job. It wouldn't have been possible without you. Thank you mate!!

Have fun!

Awesome. I LOVE the spell card idea given that I purchased all of them, including occult philosophy! Can't wait to crack open this weekend.

Eldarc
June 26th, 2020, 21:18
I'm glad you like it!

damned
June 27th, 2020, 01:23
Well done guys.

Felcelot
September 5th, 2020, 12:14
Hi!
I've upgraded FGC to FGU and with that decided to upgrade ruleset/extension.
Looks like it wasn't a best idea to take Eldarc's version.
FGU reports error with missing campaign/record_npc.xml. (extension has record_npc_SotDL.xml) and subsequently all my NPC vanished.

Is there a way to convert my data to new extension?

Also, do anyone else have issue with drag and dropping rolls? I'm unable to drag them from one npc to another(in both: old sotdl extension and Eldarc's).

Eldarc
September 5th, 2020, 13:44
Hi Felcelot!

I'm sorry you lost all your NPCs. I hope you made a backup copy or exported them to a module before updating.

I have no idea how to export your data to our new SotDL version, sry.

I'm not having any issue drag-and-dropping rolls on NPC roll fields using FGC. I haven't checked it out in FGU.

Felcelot
September 5th, 2020, 20:59
Hi!

I'm sorry you lost all your NPCs.

Oh, sorry, that's not what I meant. I haven't technically lost them. Just with your version they do not display.
When I've returned to older version, I can access them.

Reynard203
October 25th, 2020, 16:06
I am trying to set up to be able to use this extension to try out SotDL with my group and I am having trouble figuring out what i am supposed to do to get things like weapon attacks or spells to work. The entry window that opens up for adding a function if full of a lot of fields I do not recognize, and none as simple as "damage" or "range". Is there are tutorial somewhere on how to use that window.

Also, some posts in this thread seem to suggest the existence of library modules for SotDL but I can't seem to find anything.

Eldarc
October 25th, 2020, 22:55
@Reynard203 I didn't know how to do all the things you comment, but I asked about it in this very thread and I got great and kind answers.

Felcelot
February 23rd, 2021, 10:35
Hello!

After last FGU update UI is totally broken :(
v4.0.10 ULTIMATE (2021-02-04).

[2/23/2021 1:31:47 PM] EXTENSION: MoreCore - Shadow Of the Demon Lord Extension v0.9.6\r\nShadow Of the Demon Lord is Copyright Schwalb Entertainment.\r\nVisit (LINK) for more\r\nThis fan made extension Created by DIE Hard Gaming (LINK)\r\nWith additions made by Dominic Morta
[2/23/2021 1:31:47 PM] MEASURE: LOAD - PART 2 - 2.7439322
[2/23/2021 1:31:53 PM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "campaign/scripts/masterindex_window.lua"]:364: attempt to call field 'setRecordType' (a nil value)
[2/23/2021 1:31:53 PM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "campaign/scripts/masterindex_list.lua"]:35: attempt to index field 'idelete' (a nil value)
[2/23/2021 1:31:53 PM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "campaign/scripts/masterindex_list.lua"]:35: attempt to index field 'idelete' (a nil value)

----------------------------
Edit:
Found info in MoreCore thread: last FGU update broke MoreCore.

MoreCore new version should fix this, but for me issue with broken UI persists(although, without these errors).

superteddy57
February 23rd, 2021, 12:49
I'm sorry you are running into issues. If after updating MoreCore it is still giving you trouble, then you might have to jump into the code and tinker. This extension is no longer being maintained.

Eldarc
October 12th, 2021, 09:00
Hello! As superteddy57 said, this ruleset is no longer being maintained. However, you can overcome your issues installing Better Menus, an awesome extension made by Celestian.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?58226-Better-Menus-(CoreRPG-5E-etc)

Anyway, Damned is creating his own Shadow of the Demon Lord ruleset based on CoreRPG. He's just started, but I'm sure he will do an outstanding job as usual.

https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/283/view