PDA

View Full Version : LF 4-5 Players for Adventures in Middle Earth (5E OGL) One Shot

Pelimar
March 26th, 2019, 01:44
FG License: I have Ultimate, so anyone welcome in that regard
Game System: Adventures in Middle Earth - Heavily Modified 5e OGL

Time Zone: Eastern, US
Day of week and time: Sunday, April 12th, 2019 10AM - 2PM EST
If new game, planned start date:
Planned Duration & Frequency: One Shot
Term: Just one session

Text or Voice: Voice required
Voice software used: Discord
Will this be recorded and/or live streamed? No

Role-play & Combat mix: 90 percent role-play
Number of Players in game & needed: Have 1, need 4-5 more players
Character starting level & equipment: Pre-generated characters from Module
Character restrictions: Pre-generated Characters from Module

Details of your scenario: I am looking to run the Eaves of Mirkwood starter adventure from Adventures in Middle Earth. I have long had my eye on it, but sadly my usual group does not seem to have an interest in it at this time. I am thinking this is a nice way to test it out and to see what type of interest there is out there for it. For those not familiar with Adventures in Middle-Earth, it is a heavily modified version of D&D 5e set in Tolkien's Middle Earth. It is a nearly zero magic environment, where players are meant to be heroes against the ever encroaching darkness. They do that battle with the choices they make. I think the biggest difference between D&D and AiME is that AiME has put its core around exploration and social interaction. So if you are going into it expecting a hack, slash, loot, and repeat game. You will be frustrated. If you want a game that takes the time to go into the Journey and the importance of Interacting with the world around your character, then I think it may be a good fit.

Eaves of Mirkwood is a starter adventure that attempts to introduce many of the games mechanics which include: the Journey and Audience systems and Hope & Corruption. The mechanics of combat are unchanged from 5e with the exception the classes themselves, of which there are six and not all are balanced around combat. The module itself only includes two brief encounters, so expect this adventure to be extremely RP heavy to almost being exclusively RP.

I have been DMing for a group of now 5 for the last two years in a conventional 5E campaign. They haven't disappeared on me or lynched me so there is that to speak for my level of confidence. I know the rules well but I encourage creativity and like to reward it at the table. For this one shot, I would like to find people who are willing to learn and let others learn. Who understand this not your average D&D game, and if you make the commitment you stick through it for the sake of the others at the table. I encourage players to lead the story and go with their first instinct when making decisions. Typically I give players more free reign, but this time ,due to the limited scope of the module, I may put bumpers on lane so to speak.

I hope I have done a decent job explaining myself and what I am planning. I am more then glad to answer any questions.

combatmedicbush
April 15th, 2019, 19:00
I know this has passed, but if you end up doing a longer set using AiME, would be very interested in it. Thanks

vegaserik
April 16th, 2019, 23:34
I always see these after the game lol I too would play if you run again sometime.