PDA

View Full Version : Question on Module Building

Pelimar
March 24th, 2019, 17:55
Good afternoon,

I was wondering if it possible to essentially unbundle the individual parts of a module. Long ago I created a module for a 5e OGL game, and I have since gotten rid of the campaign/environment I used to create the module so all of that data is only in the module. I want to add new information to that module without having to open a second module. I know I can create a copy and use those but there are over 200 individual items that I would rather not have to change all the names and then redo all of the links to tables, images, etc. Is this possible?

Appreciate everyone's help.

Octavious
March 24th, 2019, 18:32
Hey I think you can I just tried it .. (5e) .. rename the module to xxx.zip then unpack it, create a new campaign and exit..
open the campaign folder move all the images to the images folder and copy the db.xml from the extracted module folder and paste and replace into the new campaign.
seemed to work for me .. hope this helps you out

(Edit) correction 90% of it seemed ok ,, some image links were wrong but very minor with a little work you can correct all that )

Pelimar
March 25th, 2019, 00:41
Octavious,

Thanks for the suggestion. I assume it was me not understanding exactly the steps you did, but I wasn't able to replicate your process. I just broke down and manually copied all the individual entries and updated the links. Thankfully the item's category didn't put copy after one which took away the bulk of my fear.

Another day or two and I should have my creation campaign recreated. Will be enjoying Adventures in Middle Earth in no time :D

Zacchaeus
March 25th, 2019, 01:38
In order to get links working using Octavious’ method before you copy the db.xml file into the new campaign open the file in something like notepad a using search and replace find all instances of @modulename and replace them with nothing (“”).