PDA

View Full Version : Increase token box size?

Lorddamax
August 31st, 2006, 20:00
I run FG on a 1920x1200 laptop. When I maximize, I have a HUGE desktop, I can fit 3 character sheets side by side.

My token box is TINY. Is there any way to increase the size of it?

I'm very familiar with the xml interface, I've recoded the char sheet for my own ruleset.

I just cant find WHERE (if at all possible) to increase the size of the token box.

And is there a way to NAME your bags?

richvalle
August 31st, 2006, 20:08
The chat box size is set. This is due to sych issues if your box is bigger then someone elses. Right now when you roll a die everyone sees the exact same thing as you do. If all the boxes are different sizes that is going to get wacky.

You can create directories inside of the token directories and the bags will have the name of that directory.

rv

Lorddamax
August 31st, 2006, 20:10
Um... I want to resize the TOKEN BOX. Not the chat window.

I edited the grpahic, made it larger. When the program starts it's still showing the smaller graphic. I REMOVED the small graphic, and it's still showing it.

Lorddamax
August 31st, 2006, 20:15
OMFG this is annoying. I moved all the letter tokens into a bag called Letters, because, frankly, they are annoying and I do not want them.

Now, I have a bag full of letters. The BAG itself is in the main token box, COVERED IN LETTERS.

If I MOVED them, WHY are they still in the default tray?

Lorddamax
August 31st, 2006, 20:20
Now I deleted all the letter_x.png files.

They are still there.

Why the hell are all those png files there if they are hardcoded into the program and I cannot delete them?

richvalle
August 31st, 2006, 20:48
Dang, sorry man. Miss read what you said.

I don't know the answers off the top of my head but I know others have changed what you are asking about. Give it some time and you'll get the answers.

rv

Stuart
August 31st, 2006, 21:16
It is possible to increase the token box size and make it dynamic so that you can change its size. I'll post the code after my FG session ends.

Lorddamax
August 31st, 2006, 21:19
Thanks a ton man. I just added a lot of large/huge/gargantuan sized critters to my token box, and they are so cluttered in there I cant see a darn thing, let alone pick which one I want.

Stuart
August 31st, 2006, 21:36
This is what I did ...I think ... it is a while since I did this - Dev's tokens are too collectable and some so darn big that I needed more room.

a) Using a graphics prog. make the default token box bigger ... I made mine 545 x 545 pixels.
b)d20_graphics.xml :

<framedef name="referencebox">
<bitmap file="rulesets\d20-YOURNAME\frames\referencebox.png" />
<topleft rect="0,0,14,12" />
<top rect="14,0,512,12" />
<topright rect="526,0,18,12" />
<left rect="0,12,14,508" />
<middle rect="14,12,512,508" />
<right rect="526,12,18,508" />
<bottomleft rect="0,520,14,14" />
<bottom rect="14,520,512,14" />
<bottomright rect="526,520,18,14" />
</framedef>

c)graphics.xml

<framedef name="tokenbag">
<bitmap file="rulesets\d20-YOURNAME\data\frames\tokencase.png" />
<topleft rect="0,0,0,0" />
<top rect="0,0,0,0" />
<topright rect="0,0,0,0" />
<left rect="0,0,0,0" />
<middle rect="0,0,545,545" />
<right rect="0,0,0,0" />
<bottomleft rect="0,0,0,0" />
<bottom rect="0,0,0,0" />
<bottomright rect="0,0,0,0" />
</framedef>

I think this should work ...?

Stuart
August 31st, 2006, 21:39
Hmm ... there is a bit missing somewhere ... let me wrap up my session in an hour or so and get back to you.

Lorddamax
August 31st, 2006, 23:43
Yeah, I resized the image, edited the part in graphics.xml and it didnt work.

The bizzare part is I REMOVED tokencase.png and it STILL loaded and showed the image ok. Is the darn thing hardcoded inside the program somewhere?

Driving me nuts.

richvalle
September 1st, 2006, 00:11
Are you doing this with a custom rule set?

And does it matter? Not sure...

rv

joshuha
September 1st, 2006, 00:45
Yes if you are just using the d20 default ruleset this is JUST an example and does not affect the d20 actual ruleset. All those files are actually loaded from the resource.pak file and not the example d20 ruleset. You have to rename it and create a campaign with the renamed ruleset.

Lorddamax
September 1st, 2006, 01:15
It is with a custom ruleset, but the ONLY file that references tokencase.png is graphics.xml under fantasygrounds/data.

Like I said, I even REMOVED the tokencase.png file and it loads fine.

Maybe I need to add that graphics line into mu custom_graphics.xml...

Lorddamax
September 1st, 2006, 01:18
Ok, I added:
<bitmap file="data\frames\tokencase2.png" />
<top rect="0,0,0,0" />
<left rect="0,0,0,0" />
<middle rect="0,0,535,530" />
<right rect="0,0,0,0" />
</framedef>

To my d20_graphics.xml (copied to my custom ruleset) and now it's using the larger image, but the bounds are no larger (the image is being cut off), and the bottom 'bag' rack is too high up.

Missing something.

joshuha
September 1st, 2006, 01:29
So you moved the entry from the graphics.xml file in the data folder to your ruleset_graphics.xml file? I made the changes for all my things in the base graphics.xml file.

Lorddamax
September 1st, 2006, 01:40
Nothing I did in the graphics.xml file had any effect under my custom ruleset.

I also had to add:
<windowclass name="tokenbag">
<frame name="tokenbag" />
<defaultsize width="525" height="530" />
<notokens />
<softclose />
<sheetdata>
<tokenbag>
<bounds rect="20,20,-42,-46" />
<tokenarea rect="0,0,-1,-49" />
<bagbar rect="0,-73,-32,49" frame="tokenbagbar" slotsize="49,49" />
<bag icon="tokenbag" top="tokenbagtop" up="tokenbagup" custom="tokenbagcustom" labelframe="mini_name" labelfont="mini_name" />
<grid width="46" height="50" />
</tokenbag>
</sheetdata>
</windowclass>

To my d20_utility.xml file as well (obviously edited for the size of my new tokenbox)

Stuart
September 1st, 2006, 07:39
I'm a little tied up at work today - I'll try and sort this out at lunchtime; check your custom ruleset referencing in base.xml. Assuming you have taken the d20 ruleset and made a copy and then customized this you should have a full set of files (if you have unpacked the resource pak).

In the ruleset root folder (8) : base.xml, charsheet.xml, d20_graphics.xml, d20_export.xml, d20_reference.xml, d20_utility.xml, d20_adventure.xml and d20_desktop.

In the "data" folder (5):graphics.xml, gameelements.xml, bmpfonts.xml, ui_adventure.xml and ui_utility.xml

In the "database" folder (varies) : depends on what ruleset you have hacked, these files contain all the data for your game and to change the token box or the appearance of any of your icons ... nothing here needs altering.

In base.xml - check that every xml file that is to be accessed by your ruleset is reference correctly, two lines from my ruleset (d20-SJM):

<staticdata source="rulesets\d20-SJM\database\monsters.xml" />
<staticdata source="rulesets\d20-SJM\database\modifiers.xml" />

With that done, FG will draw on information in your hacked ruleset files and nowhere else, any changes you make will show up.

OK - the tokencase. In d20-YOURRULESET\data\frames you should find a brown tokencase.png. I would suggest resizing this as posted earlier and SAVE AS tokencase.png (rename the default to "oldtokencase.png" as a backup).

Assuming you have done all this then clearly I garfed up when I then told you what to do - apologies, trust me, I know how frustrating "cghasing the white rabbit" re xml code can be !

Let me try again !

1) in graphics.xml :
<bitmap file="rulesets\d20-YOURNAME\data\frames\tokencase.png" />
<top rect="0,0,0,0" />
<left rect="0,0,0,0" />
<middle rect="0,0,545,545" />
<right rect="0,0,0,0" />
</framedef>

Note the referencing on the 2nd line - make sure your png is in the correct folder and the correct size.

Also, whilst exploring this file - make sure all the references point to your hacked ruleset e.g <icon name="shortcutsoff" file="rulesets\d20-YOURNAME\data/icons/icon_shortcutsoff.png" />

2) In ui_utility :
<windowclass name="tokenbag">
<frame name="tokenbag" />
<defaultsize width="547" height="547" />
<notokens />
<softclose />
<dynamic />
<sheetdata>
<tokenbag>
<bounds rect="13,13,-1,-1" />
<tokenarea rect="0,49,-1,-1" />
<bagbar rect="0,0,-1,49" frame="tokenbagbar" slotsize="49,49" />
<bag icon="tokenbag" top="tokenbagtop" up="tokenbagup" custom="tokenbagcustom" labelframe="mini_name" labelfont="mini_name" />
<grid width="46" height="50" />
</tokenbag>
</sheetdata>
</windowclass>

I really think this is all I did to get a larger token case ... I'll have one more look later today if this still does not work for you.

phloog
February 20th, 2009, 15:19
Hate to resurrect a thread, but I'm getting my usual XML errors whenever I try to load the forum pages using normal methods.

This thread contains text that seems to indicate that you can name/rename new token bags. I create a new bag that the system named something like Custom0 . . . how do I rename this, or how do I create a token bag with a name that actually gives information?

Thanks,
JT

Oberoten
February 20th, 2009, 15:26
Type in a name in the chatbox, don't press enter. Instead drag the name to the token-bag and release it.

*tests to make sure* Hmm... I am sure this worked in FG 1.5 however it doesn't seem to work in FG II

phloog
February 20th, 2009, 15:28
I was also trying to just build empty bags using Windows Explorer and that wasn't working, until I realized that FG doesn't recognize/show them unless there are already tokens in the directory...so I CAN do what I want in the file explorer...but what you've suggested sounds great if it would actually work.