bchaddock
March 20th, 2019, 16:01
Campaign Name: Eberron: Lies in Gold

Game System: D&D 5e (Eberron)
Proposed Day of Week: Saturday
Proposed Time of Day: 10 PM
Your Timezone: -4 UTC
Proposed Frequency: Approximately every two weeks

Looking for 1-3 additional players to join a game starting tonight. The build is standard array or point buy as per PHB. The starting level will be 2nd. Link to the calendar entry https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=3357

GM/Player License: Ultimate
Voice/Text: Discord Voice
Mix of RPG/Combat/Strategy: 60/40 Combat/RP
Permitted Source Books: I have the majority of D&D 5e core books and resources (no Mad Mage or Ravnica) as well as UA and some additional DMs Guild content.
Permitted/Restricted Player Options: Willing to work with most things. PM me if you have questions
Setting/Adventure Info: Eberron (in particular the city of Sharn)
Duration of sessions: approximately 3 hours per session

Hughwer
March 21st, 2019, 06:30
Im interested. My time zone is UTC +2. I have dabbled in the Eberron setting but University got in the way and would like to explore the setting more.

RawBerry4000
March 22nd, 2019, 17:12
Hey there! I'm also interested, but I'm UTC +4 so unless it would be between 9:00 and 11:00 PM your time, I probably wouldn't be able to play. If so, I'd be extremely interested as I've read about Eberron, but I have only limited experience with it in theory, and none in-play. I'm pretty experienced when it comes to FG and 5e, so I wouldn't need help there. Let me know how it turns out, and best of luck!

bchaddock
March 22nd, 2019, 17:24
My typical start time is around 9 Pm eastern standard time till about midnight.

bchaddock
March 22nd, 2019, 17:25
Im interested. My time zone is UTC +2. I have dabbled in the Eberron setting but University got in the way and would like to explore the setting more.

If you have no problems with late nights. That would have you starting at 2 am your local time.

JewBot9000
March 23rd, 2019, 02:59
I'm interested but what License do you have as I have a free one currently

Kenik
March 23rd, 2019, 03:06
If you don't mind that I'll probably have to communicate exclusively through text; I just so happen to have a proper kit for exactly this system/setting. Players Handbook, Guide to Ebberon, and ultimate for good measure.
And even more amusing it appears we're on the same time during daylight savings. You're only one hour ahead of me at this time.
9-midnight on Saturday still works wonderfully for me. I'll try and do the adjustments for hour myself.

I'm totally new to D&D by the way. I've been interested for years, but there aren't any gaming stores or the like near me, and I can never seem to find an agreeable schedule for online games(until today apparently).
I can pointbuy if I have to, but I think it'll be faster for me to roll for stats, and decide my character from there(I have a lot of ideas, some of which are pretty adaptable).

JewBot9000
March 23rd, 2019, 03:08
Kenik there is Standard array if you worried about rolling and point buy.
15 14 13 12 10 8

Kenik
March 23rd, 2019, 03:26
Trying not to derail the thread too hard:
Standard array is actually what I was thinking when I said "point buy". (Sorry for the confusion.)
Basically my feelings on the matter are; I'm new anyway may as well cut out the choice paralysis phase, and do more elaborate character creation at a later date.

bchaddock
March 23rd, 2019, 04:13
I'm interested but what License do you have as I have a free one currently

I have an unlimited license so all good there.

blckattk
March 23rd, 2019, 05:14
when does this game start

JewBot9000
March 23rd, 2019, 05:27
Should we apply on your calender in your signature? Also I have never used Fantasy grounds but I have a lot of D&D 5e experience

bchaddock
March 23rd, 2019, 05:43
when does this game start

Don't have an official start date yet. Trying to drum up interest. I would expect in a few months from now. Still working on the finale to my current campaign. It's been running since 2016.

bchaddock
March 23rd, 2019, 05:45
Should we apply on your calender in your signature? Also I have never used Fantasy grounds but I have a lot of D&D 5e experience

You may apply there. I will be doing a follow up with all who have applied before final selection is done and doing a dischord meet and greet before launching a session 0.

Boomstik
March 23rd, 2019, 16:10
Sounds good, I want in, i'm EST.

darrebdragon
March 24th, 2019, 13:16
I'd be interested in joining. I'm an hour behind you, so that shouldn't be a problem there. I've not played in 5e or with FG, but I did play 3.0 & 3.5. I really like the Eberron Setting (played a lot in 3.5).

Mgrancey
March 26th, 2019, 05:19
Defintely interested if there is still space.

I did see you talked about some DM guild stuff may be involved. So I feel that I should add the I am running a campaign based on the Embers of the Last War and have read thru all the modules. Additionally, my job requires me to be on Standby every 3rd week right now.

bchaddock
March 26th, 2019, 11:47
Defintely interested if there is still space.

I did see you talked about some DM guild stuff may be involved. So I feel that I should add the I am running a campaign based on the Embers of the Last War and have read thru all the modules. Additionally, my job requires me to be on Standby every 3rd week right now.

Not using any of the EotLW content (not that that is really a concern) so in that regard you should be free of potential meta spoilers.

As to the working on standby? I hear ya. I have yet to win the lottery and become completely divorced from the workplace myself. There may be times when I may have to reschedule a session too.

We try to keep as close to the two week model as possible and be aware that life sometimes cuts in. I am always willing to work something out.

bchaddock
March 26th, 2019, 11:52
I'd be interested in joining. I'm an hour behind you, so that shouldn't be a problem there. I've not played in 5e or with FG, but I did play 3.0 & 3.5. I really like the Eberron Setting (played a lot in 3.5).

No worries. I am no FG expert like some of the admins. And I was a novice when I started running in 2016, but I've been using it for nearly three full years on my current campaign. You'll learn as you go. My recommendation? Get into one of the FG-Con games this April.

eviorr
March 28th, 2019, 00:30
I'm interested. I am in the Eastern time zone (Florida, USA) and have been looking for a game for awhile now, particularly every-other-week or once monthly, as I also cannot commit to a weekly game. I love the Eberron setting -- I currently DM a biweekly 4e Eberron campaign on Friday evenings. My online experience has been with 4e on Fantasy Grounds and 5e on Roll20... never played 5e on FG but I hear the system plays very nicely with the platform.

I am 39, married with an 8 year old daughter, and I got back into D&D after a long hiatus about 5 years ago after I started listening to a D&D podcast. I prefer a non-evil campaign, and I'm pretty laid back in general and flexible in terms of what type of characters I like to play; if there is a particular need in a party I'd be willing to adjust my character ideas to fill it.

If you are still looking to drum up interest, I'd be happy to be considered for your campaign.

- Erick

Icewidow777
March 30th, 2019, 03:25
I'm interested my utc is -7

bchaddock
June 14th, 2019, 16:46
Update: definitely looking like late summer/early autumn. I just finished adapting much of the city of Sharn into a module for FG using DOE: Locations (which is really sweet but has a bit of a learning curve) soon I will adapt some additional (smaller) locations that I intend plot points to lead to and some that tend to be locations that players tend to want to visit, and then I'll start reviewing the potential players lists.

Thanks everyone for your patience.

eviorr
June 14th, 2019, 17:18
Sounds good; I'm definitely still interested.

- Erick

bchaddock
August 8th, 2019, 21:55
So. I'm looking to do a discord meet and greet on Wednesday August 14th. For a game that would start Saturday the 17th. Those who have signed up and those still on the fence will be able to join.

The discord link will be Lies in gold discord (https://discord.gg/W2BxGaA)

eviorr
August 10th, 2019, 16:10
What time for the Discord meet on Wednesday?

bchaddock
August 10th, 2019, 21:15
9 PM EST is probably when it will go live. I expect to be on for at least a couple of hours.

bchaddock
August 14th, 2019, 23:23
Just confirming I will will be live on Discord at the above link Starting around UTC -4

PM me if the link doesn't work. I will send another

bchaddock
August 15th, 2019, 14:21
So last night I held a get together and character Gen session for the Lies in Gold Campaign which is to start on Saturday evening. Those that attended have been accepted to the game.

I am still looking for 1-3 more players. for those who are still interested. If you have signed up to the campaign but did not attend. give me a shout on the Discord link. After today I will be removing the names that have not contacted me.

This is not to say you are not still welcome to join.

It is mainly for administrative purposes. Some people felt intimidated by the long list and it kept them from adding their name.

If i remove you before you see this post and you are still interested just sign up again and hit us up on the discord.

bchaddock
August 17th, 2019, 15:51
Enrollment purge has been completed. again this is for bookkeeping only.

If you are still interested I still have 1-3 spots available and will be available via PM and discord throughout the day.

Paxx
August 18th, 2019, 05:48
I'm in TZ -7 don't know if i have time to make up a char. unless you've already started gaming or are
full

bchaddock
April 6th, 2020, 20:34
Looking for a new player. Had one drop due to heavy commitments. We run pretty much every 2nd Saturday from 9EST TO Midnight. Next session is April 18th.

If you are interested PM me and/or sign up on the calendar page. With any luck we can go over character creation in advance. Must have audio via discord no video required.