PDA

View Full Version : Custom Details on Character Sheet

Frumious Jabberwock
March 20th, 2019, 15:05
Forgive my lack of the technical terms here, but is there a way to add an editable textbox to various entries on the D&D 5e character sheets?

For example, when you drag Criminal to the sheet as your Background, you get a little red dragon head that you can click on that gives information on the race. I'd like to be able to do this for custom entries in those fields without having to either hire a programmer or sit down and try to figure out the code for myself each. and. every. time. I. want. to. add. something. new. Or, god forbid, just slightly modify something for a new subrace or custom background. Just a nice little blank box that I can edit like I can for, say, magic items.

Zacchaeus
March 20th, 2019, 16:26
Make a copy of the background, race, class or whatever you want to edit in the appropriate list. You will then be able to edit that entry to whatever you want and then have it available to drag and drop onto a character. You can also add new races backgrounds etc by clicking on the brown edit button at the bottom right of the list box or right click in the window and select create new.

You can also edit existing features, traits etc which have already been added to a character sheet. Just click on the link and then click the unlock button top right.

You can also right click on features, traits, feats etc and add new ones directly onto the character sheet, or if it is blank click the brown edit button at the bottom right and then the green cross where you want to add something.

Or am I missing what it is you want to do?

Frumious Jabberwock
March 20th, 2019, 16:52
I think I may be the one missing something.

How exactly do you make a copy of a background, race, or class?

Zacchaeus
March 20th, 2019, 17:09
Open up the class/background/race list from the buttons on the right hand side. Drag and drop the race/class/background you want to edit back into the list.

The second video linked in this post (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?37112-New-Class-Creation-Video) specifically shows you how to add an archetype to an existing class or add the spellcasting feature to a class, but the principle is the same no matter what it is you want to edit.