PDA

View Full Version : LFG - GURPS - Open schedule PST. Contact me even if post is old

Daggon
March 19th, 2019, 18:56
I am interested in playing anything GURPS. Having a hard time getting in a group, even one shots. Tried Roll20 but no luck as of yet. Fantasy Grounds seems to have the tools but not very many players.

I am interested in:
Conan style fantasy
Sci -fi
Horror
Mystery

New to GURPS and FG, but have played rpgs since the late 80's.

ronnke
March 20th, 2019, 05:55
What days and times are you generally available for a 3-4 hour block?

Daggon
March 20th, 2019, 07:26
What days and times are you generally available for a 3-4 hour block?

Thursday through Sunday nights work out best. Evenings to late night work best but I can do mid afternoon onward.

I play in a King Arthur Pendragon campaign on Friday nights once a month that would be the only obligation.

HalC
April 9th, 2019, 12:15
So what's your time zone?

edit:
Duh - should have read the subject thread more closely. PST. I'm in EST myself...

Nose66
June 16th, 2019, 05:48
I am interested in playing anything GURPS. Having a hard time getting in a group, even one shots. ...

New to GURPS and FG, but have played rpgs since the late 80's.

Any luck? I am also looking for a group. I've played GURPS for 10+ years, but only GMed it for about 2. I've played RPGs since Advanced AD&D ;-) I am brand new to FG, but would like to learn more, as I want to host some GURPS. games for family members (nephews) that live out of state.

HalC
June 16th, 2019, 14:20
Any luck? I am also looking for a group. I've played GURPS for 10+ years, but only GMed it for about 2. I've played RPGs since Advanced AD&D ;-) I am brand new to FG, but would like to learn more, as I want to host some GURPS. games for family members (nephews) that live out of state.

I'm always willing to host a game or two on short notice. In the end, it boils down to what you want to see for a campaign and whether or not you're interested in having someone show you what it takes to get things up and running. I can do either... <shrug>

Let me know what you're interested in...

Cyberpunk
Fantasy
Modern Fantasy
Age of Sail
Traveller
Old West

If there is anything else you'd want to add to that list saying "Hey, can you do...<fill in blank>" all that will happen is I'll say "yes" or "no". :)

If you want to practice on someone else - I can handle that as well. The only curveball is the time I'm available - as I work odd hours on third shift in Eastern Standard Time.

On that note, if I can't help, good luck with finding others who might be able to help. :)

Nose66
June 18th, 2019, 01:54
HalC, thank you for the offer. I would like to be a player using the GURPS ruleset so that I can see how the game flows, so that I can learn what things to point out to my players. The genre of game doesn't really matter.

Once I get the hang of it, I might try running a few one shots (which I will gladly open up to the FG community).

DeviousIncubus
March 24th, 2020, 07:42
My friend Zack (Naxin) on Roll20 is running a TL10 Space game called GURPS Disaster Training Simulator on Roll20.
https://discord.gg/x5DzwR4

Paolo

damned
March 24th, 2020, 10:36
Please dont post links to games running on other platforms. Thanks.

Xeonen
March 26th, 2020, 03:49
Hello, I'd like to join as player or GM but please take note. I'm VERY new to GURPS and FG.

thealfredeffect
April 15th, 2020, 03:59
Hello there. New GURPS and FG player here. I would love to join in on a GURPS session if one is available. Feel free to ping me via PM.

Zen Master
April 15th, 2020, 23:57
Hi there,

I'm an old FG and GURPS player/GM. Would love to get back to GURPS if anyone is running a session. Could even GM after I get used to it again.

Thanks!

HalC
April 16th, 2020, 08:38
Hi Zen,
Might be a good idea to list your times of availability (for either of playing or GM'ing). ;)

CD0369
July 31st, 2020, 15:53
Hello all,
Looking to get into a GURPS game. I have FGU and FGC both at Ultimate level and am on Discord. Played GURPS a few years ago (4e/home brew) and have not been able to find a group since I moved back to my home. My availability is a little wonky but good for at least one day a month (which rotates nearly every month). Typically weekends in the late afternoon or early evening and I am in the PST (UTC-8) time zone. I can GM but it will take a while to set anything up. I have never GMed for GURPS but have GMed for other systems. Please PM me if you have a spot available.

Oryzarius
August 13th, 2020, 04:02
I'm also interested in getting a tour de systeme from someone more familiar with the software and rules package. I'm in Central Time (CDT, GMT-5), and am free most Friday evenings or weekends with enough notice. Summers are much more flexible, but I'm a public school teacher, and our lives are about to get really interesting.

I'm a long-time GURPS player, from 3e into 4e, though it's been quite a while since I've had a face-to-face group here in Houston. I saw Ronnke's presentation about FG with GURPS at FnordCon, and attended the FGU sessions at GenCon online, and think I may be about ready to make the plunge into digital tabletops.

YAKO SOMEDAKY
August 13th, 2020, 11:10
Hello my name is Bruno, I play GURPS

since the third edition, however I only have theoretical knowledge of the fourth edition, I have years of practice with FGC and good practice with FGU and I can say that FG was the best tool I saw to play GURPS today. unfortunately I am not a master and I didn’t have the opportunity to play, but I play a lot and I make some changes in.extensions so that they work in this system that I like so much, my biggest barrier is the language, I am Brazilian I can understand what they say with some effort, but I can't speak, but if it's not a burden, I would love to try and play it in practice, even if it's one shots

Devious
November 12th, 2020, 07:51
Hello,
I'm running a GURPS Conan game.

Email me: [email protected]

GM Paolo

damned
November 12th, 2020, 09:12
Hello,
I'm running a GURPS Conan game.

Email me: [email protected]

GM Paolo

Please ensure that all games advertised here are running on Fantasy Grounds.

seycyrus
November 12th, 2020, 23:23
Please ensure that all games advertised here are running on Fantasy Grounds.

Where do jokers like this get the audacity? It's not as if there isn't a huge Gurps website out there ...

RunningWolf
November 24th, 2020, 03:44
I'm up for any days but saturdays.