PDA

View Full Version : official release of pathfinder 2 what material will be in fg?

vyruxx
March 19th, 2019, 12:40
Hi regards, is it already known if with the release of pathfinder 2 we will have the ruleset and all the material it brings at the same time? that is, the path, adventure, monsters and manual?
Eager to buy everything!

Trenloe
March 20th, 2019, 02:06
No set schedule as yet.

Davido1000
March 20th, 2019, 16:15
I will be throwing my bank account at this

Bidmaron
March 28th, 2019, 23:28
I hear you!

SirMatthew
March 31st, 2019, 18:35
Hi regards, is it already known if with the release of pathfinder 2 we will have the ruleset and all the material it brings at the same time? that is, the path, adventure, monsters and manual?
Eager to buy everything!

Dose This mean that i have to buy all the books all over or is it only det core rull set?

Trenloe
March 31st, 2019, 18:42
Pathfinder Second Edition is new material. Info here: https://paizo.com/pathfinder

Milke
May 20th, 2019, 17:03
I want there to be no mix-up when I say this.
Please take my money.
Thank you.

Saeval
May 21st, 2019, 14:38
I'll be buying both core books as soon as they're available for purchase. My group is still running a game using the playtest rules with a few modifications we've cobbled together lol

Milke
May 27th, 2019, 20:05
My group is finishing up our PF1 games in PF1 using Fantasy Grounds around the table. I have all the playtest materials, but I don't want to confuse my players by converting to a system that will be, by all reports, radically different by the time it rolls out on Aug. 1st.
But I'm so ready for the new stuff. I have all the PF2 books on pre-order. I have upgraded to FGU Ultimate license in the kickstarter for when it comes out in December.
This is like when I was waiting for Game of Thrones season 8 to come out. Ugh.

rhammer2
May 28th, 2019, 03:34
Paizo is running an inhouse 2E game right now. It has had a few changes, but overall, I would say it is very similar to the playtest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hw8NwxkA8oc&list=PLOHNx3GvTFbEOBNu7-1MXQBI23PFYaz2Y

- Robert

ChiaPet
May 31st, 2019, 20:07
Hello, newcomer via the FGU Kickstarter campaign. :) I'm definitely eager to purchase official PF2e material for FGU, once it's available. Hoping that at least by around the beta period for FGU, we'll have something to play with!

UltimateGM
June 3rd, 2019, 15:08
Resonance is GONE! Wands if over used now have a chance to break and if you purchased your books through Paizo using account synchronization usually provides a discount to items. If there is or isn't a discount I am still buying it and I am sure that Smiteworks is probably working on PF 2 as we speak though. I don't want to build anyones hopes, I am betting Trenloe has access to the new rulebook and is working on the new ruleset as we speak for August release. I mean after all he has most of the ruleset in the playtest version so he can work on fixing whatever changed. Sorry to throw you under the bus Trenloe with all this speculation! ;)

Trenloe
June 3rd, 2019, 16:11
The game is afoot...

vyruxx
June 3rd, 2019, 19:19
Greetings, now that the output of fp2 is even closer and even several licensees already have the final text; Is it possible to have the ruleset close to the official exit of pf2?
that trenloe is involved in this ruleset is a guarantee ...

elorebaen
June 18th, 2019, 19:43
Looking forward to 2e, and hoping for comprehensive FG support.

vyruxx
June 25th, 2019, 08:46
Trenloe tell us something friend. Will we have ruleset on day 1? will we have the first path? XD

Trenloe
June 25th, 2019, 15:07
Yes, there will be a functional but not very advanced ruleset on day 1. We will be adding to the ruleset regularly over the following months. This ruleset will be available to all with a FG license and will replace the current Playtest ruleset - PFRPG2.

We are planning to have the Core Rulebook, Bestiary and first part of the AP available around August 1st. There’s a lot of work involved in a limited time frame, but we have a bunch of people helping out and hope that, subject to Paizo's approval of the FG conversions, we’ll have those three products ready for FG release.

Gwydion
June 25th, 2019, 15:12
Yes, there will be a functional but not very advanced ruleset on day 1. We will be adding to the ruleset regularly over the following months. This ruleset will be available to all with a FG license and will replace the current Playtest ruleset - PFRPG2.

We are planning to have the Core Rulebook, Bestiary and first part of the AP available around August 1st. There’s a lot of work involved in a limited time frame, but we have a bunch of people helping out and hope that, subject to Paizo's approval of the FG conversions, we’ll have those three products ready for FG release.

That is nothing short of amazing. Really appreciate the hard work by all involved!

Trenloe
June 25th, 2019, 15:17
Follow up: other then the PGRPG2 ruleset, other products will be available for purchase through the store. I’m assuming with the usual PDF included/price reduction that we have for PF and SF products now, but I haven’t confirmed that. OGL data, similar to the PFRPG OGL modules, is planned for at least 6-9 months later.

Ampersandrew
June 25th, 2019, 16:16
Follow up: other then the PGRPG2 ruleset, other products will be available for purchase through the store. I’m assuming with the usual PDF included/price reduction that we have for PF and SF products now, but I haven’t confirmed that. OGL data, similar to the PFRPG OGL modules, is planned for at least 6-9 months later.

I was just about to ask about the inclusion/price reduction. I'm thinking I'm not going to go with Hardcovers for this edition, I'll just do pdfs for the rulebooks. I'll probably still get the APs.

elorebaen
June 25th, 2019, 17:19

Thanks for the update!

vyruxx
June 26th, 2019, 09:22
Thank you Trenloe. I hope Paizo will continue with the reduction in the price of the PDF because it is a great incentive

shadelon
July 4th, 2019, 00:47
Do we know if there will be bundles available, i.e. 5e's essentials bundle?

Trenloe
July 4th, 2019, 01:14
Do we know if there will be bundles available, i.e. 5e's essentials bundle?
I'm guessing not, as no Paizo material is bundled at present. Unless you count each product being "bundled" with a PDF! ;)

vyruxx
July 4th, 2019, 13:05
i like: "bundled" with a PDF!

bmokofisi
July 21st, 2019, 19:57
Any word on whether or not the official ruleset will be ready to go on 8/1/2019 as well as the first AP?

Trenloe
July 21st, 2019, 20:05
Any word on whether or not the official ruleset will be ready to go on 8/1/2019 as well as the first AP?
The base PFRPG2 ruleset will be ready in a usable and playable form - with updates planned over the coming months. This will be available to all FG license holders on August 1st.

The Core Rulebook DLC, Fall of Plaguestone and AP#1 - Hellknight Hill should be available for purchase on August 1st, subject to Paizo review. The speed of the review is out of our hands and with GenCon fast approaching we hope that the above products can get the go ahead from Paizo with enough time for us to release on August 1st.

Due to the amount and complexity of the material that the conversion team has had to deal with means that the Bestiary DLC will not be available August 1st, we hope to have this released in August. The two adventure modules mentioned above will have all NPC/creature statblocks required to play.

vyruxx
July 21st, 2019, 20:15
thank you Trenloe. Can I pay now? XD

Trenloe
July 21st, 2019, 20:25
thank you Trenloe. Can I pay now? XD
Sure, I'll email you my offshore bank details! ;)

corwynn
July 24th, 2019, 12:14
Due to the amount and complexity of the material that the conversion team has had to deal with means that the Bestiary DLC will not be available August 1st, we hope to have this released in August. The two adventure modules mentioned above will have all NPC/creature statblocks required to play.

On that note, Trenloe, will we be able to access a parser to convert the new PF2 Pathfinder Society scenarios coming in August?

Milke
July 24th, 2019, 12:23
Please. For the love of God. Just take my money.

Trenloe
July 24th, 2019, 14:41
On that note, Trenloe, will we be able to access a parser to convert the new PF2 Pathfinder Society scenarios coming in August?
I have no plans of developing a NPC parser for Pathfinder Second Edition. Someone else might though.

As normal, you can enter the data directly into the FG interface.

Trenloe
July 24th, 2019, 18:33
Great news! The Core Rules module has been approved by Paizo!. We still have some data, graphics and formatting to complete - but this means that a version of the Pathfinder Second Edition Core rules for Fantasy Grounds will be available for purchase when Paizo officially release on August 1st!

:D

I haven't heard any news regarding the other products currently in review with Paizo...

bmokofisi
July 24th, 2019, 19:59
Thanks for the update! Just need that AP!

Gwydion
July 24th, 2019, 20:46
Awesome! Thanks so much for the update.

Bidmaron
July 25th, 2019, 03:19
I just got my hard copies of the new PF2 material!
Unfortunately, I am on travel and can't look at them. But I did sweet talk my wife into fed-axing me the core rulebook at least.
The danged PDFs won't be available until Aug 1st it seems.

Ampersandrew
July 25th, 2019, 04:06
I decided against hard copies for this edition. Ill get the pdfs on the 1st.

Ap0th1x
July 25th, 2019, 14:19
I'm pretty new to FG, once I purchase the PF2 release data/module (whatever it's called) any updates you do will automatically be included in that right? And that also will transition over to unity when that is released?

Trenloe
July 25th, 2019, 14:23
I'm pretty new to FG, once I purchase the PF2 release data/module (whatever it's called) any updates you do will automatically be included in that right? And that also will transition over to unity when that is released?
Yes and yes.

Ap0th1x
July 25th, 2019, 14:45
Yes and yes.

Thank you for the quick reply Trenloe.

Dr0W
July 26th, 2019, 00:22
Hey Trenloe, I'll translate the Pathfinder 2e Strings to brazilian portuguese for the LPak project. We're having a simultaneous release on August 1st, for the brazilian Pathfinder 2e so people are really hyped.

My question is: Should I start working on the Strings file translation right now, or would it be wiser to wait for it to be released first?

Trenloe
July 26th, 2019, 00:30
My question is: Should I start working on the Strings file translation right now, or would it be wiser to wait for it to be released first?
The current PFRPG2 ruleset (do an update) has most of the strings in place. There may be some added over the coming weeks, but you can probably start now.

lachancery
July 26th, 2019, 01:28
Sure, I'll email you my offshore bank details! ;)

Do Cc me on that email - I’ll send you some coins as well! :) Awesome work! And thanks as well to anyone else involved that are in the shadows.

I’ll be running the Age of Ashes AP by labour day. A fun fall in sight!

Bidmaron
July 29th, 2019, 03:12
I got my wife to FedEx my CRB to me, and I am loving what I see!

Trenloe, any teases for us on the 1 Aug releases? Any portions of the ruleset that may not be available at release?

Trenloe
July 29th, 2019, 03:28
I got my wife to FedEx my CRB to me, and I am loving what I see!
I really like what I've seen so far. And we've had great fun testing the ruleset and beginning to play Age of Ashes.

Trenloe, any teases for us on the 1 Aug releases?
The funky action/activty icons are everywhere in the Core Rulebook module!

;)

Plus:

859 feats.
Nearly 600 spells, focus spells and rituals.
Over 1,000 items!

Any portions of the ruleset that may not be available at release?
Yeah, quite a lot of the in depth functionality won't be there on August 1st. But we have a lot planned in weekly updates. There's just not been enough time for a team of multiple people to get *everything* done. The main thing is that the Bestiary won't be ready for August 1st. But, assuming Paizo approve The Fall of Plaguestone and Hellknight Hill (Part 1 of the Age of Ashes AP) in time, then you'll have all the beasties you need to play those adventures within those modules.

The ruleset will be completely usable - there just won't be *lots* of automation. The Core Rulebook module has all of the data the players need to create PCs, reference all of the skills, feats, spells, items, etc. - both in drag/drop records and a stupidly large reference manual.

Bidmaron
July 29th, 2019, 03:32
That is great news, Trenloe. I really don't know how you manage to be so active on these boards with all that you've been doing on the ruleset and modules. Thanks a heap! I look forward to plunking down some cash for everything released!

vyruxx
July 29th, 2019, 22:00
I hope that paizo approves Age of ashes before day 1, I need to burn money in FG!
cof cof cof... https://paizo.com/products/btq01zth?Pathfinder-Adventure-Path-Age-of-Ashes-Players-Guide will be?

Trenloe
July 30th, 2019, 16:48
To keep people in the loop - assuming there are no final testing/QA issues, we're currently looking at a 12-noon US Eastern time release on Thursday August the 1st. Sorry to those in much further ahead time zones having to wait until later in their day (maybe even the next day)...

ShadeRaven
July 30th, 2019, 17:37
Hey Trenloe, looking forward to seeing the teams work! I certainly loved the efforts you put in on the PT.

Quick question:
With the Paizo link to my account, what are the options for buying here or there and having that amount as part of a purchase on the other site?

Trenloe
July 30th, 2019, 18:11
Quick question:
With the Paizo link to my account, what are the options for buying here or there and having that amount as part of a purchase on the other site?
It shouldn't change from what happens now for PF1 and Starfinder products. Details here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/syncPaizoAccount.xcp

If you purchase on the FG store first, sync your Paizo account at the link above and you'll get a PDF of the product on the Paizo site.

If you have purchased the PDF on the Paizo site, do a sync (link above) before adding the FG product to your cart from the store - the cost of the PDF should be deducted from your cart - it won't show in the main store, only once the product is in your cart.

darrenan
July 30th, 2019, 19:16
...and the PDF isn't included in the purchase of a hardcover, they need to be purchased separately.

ShadeRaven
July 30th, 2019, 19:23
Perfect! I did it with Starfinder and the original PF. It's an excellent cooperative system that FG and Paizo have going together.

Follow up question: Do we have a price here for the new Pathfinder ruleset to be released in a couple days?

Trenloe
July 30th, 2019, 19:27
Follow up question: Do we have a price here for the new Pathfinder ruleset to be released in a couple days?
The PFRPG2 ruleset will cost you nothing.

The Core Rules DLC will be the same price as the hardcover Core Rules. That's usually the way it works - FG DLC is the same price as the Paizo physical product, and you get the PDF with that (or the FG DLC purchase price is reduced by the cost of the PDF if you own it already).

ShadeRaven
July 30th, 2019, 19:27
...and the PDF isn't included in the purchase of a hardcover, they need to be purchased separately.
Not entirely true: If you have the Ongoing Rulebook Subscription, you get the PDF with the hardcover. But, yeah, it's not part of the normal purchase. It would be nice if I could get a FG-Lite App for my iPad and just pull up the reference manual from there, though :P

ShadeRaven
July 30th, 2019, 19:34
Exciting stuff. Just sad that I was out-of-the-loop with some RL stuff and I missed out on the Kickstarter for Unity and a few other things that happened over the last few months. Still, this should be good stuff and FG is the perfect place to experience it at.

goodmanje
July 31st, 2019, 02:53
Will the second edition ruleset allow you to create effects in the action tab with as much versatility as the PF1 ruleset?

Trenloe
July 31st, 2019, 04:01
Will the second edition ruleset allow you to create effects in the action tab with as much versatility as the PF1 ruleset?
Initially, yes. It's very similar to the Playtest ruleset if you've used that, which is based on the 3.5E ruleset (with is 99.9% of what PFRPG uses).

Over time I have plans to streamline the actions tab for the NPCs - similar to 5E. But still keeping actions/effects. It's going to take some planning and won't be in the short term...

Calirae
July 31st, 2019, 16:53
Do you have an update on the ETA for the Bestiary yet? My group doesn't typically play published adventures, so there's not much of a point in buying the Core Rulebook until the Bestiary is available as well. I'd just love to know if you guys are ballparking early, middle or late august/early september?

Trenloe
July 31st, 2019, 16:56
Do you have an update on the ETA for the Bestiary yet? My group doesn't typically play published adventures, so there's not much of a point in buying the Core Rulebook until the Bestiary is available as well. I'd just love to know if you guys are ballparking early, middle or late august/early september?
We don't have a definite date as yet. I think realistically it's going to be late August, but we're going to try to get it out as early as we can.

It's not just a case of creating the creatures in FG and exporting to a module (which is what I did for the playtest), we need to get the background SmiteWorks data parsing and archive processes in place for this, and that all takes development time in addition to actually pre-processing and formatting the Bestiary data for parsing into FG.

I know it's not ideal, but you'll still be able to manually enter creatures into FG.

vyruxx
July 31st, 2019, 21:15
In the end have they given the ok for the adventure path? It's about knowing how much I have to hide from my wife ...

Trenloe
July 31st, 2019, 22:58
To keep people in the loop - assuming there are no final testing/QA issues, we're currently looking at a 12-noon US Eastern time release on Thursday August the 1st.
I lied.

I managed to pull a late one last night and got what I wanted completed. There's still a lot to do in the ruleset automation wise in future releases, and I have big plans for new functionality. However... the current PFRPG2 ruleset has passed SmiteWorks QA and, barring any last minute hiccups, should go live at 12:01am US EDT (Eastern Daylight Time), August 1st. This should include the initial Core rules and adventures as commercial DLC. I'm waiting on confirmation if it is both adventures, or just one - I'll post when I know.

Gwydion
July 31st, 2019, 23:04
I lied.

I managed to pull a late one last night and got what I wanted completed. There's still a lot to do in the ruleset automation wise in future releases, and I have big plans for new functionality. However... the current PFRPG2 ruleset has passed SmiteWorks QA and, barring any last minute hiccups, should go live at 12:01am US EDT (Eastern Daylight Time), August 1st. This should include the initial Core rules and adventures as commercial DLC. I'm waiting on confirmation if it is both adventures, or just one - I'll post when I know.

You rock! Setting my alarm for 10:01 pm US MDT tonight.... :)

UltimateGM
August 1st, 2019, 00:23
You rock! Setting my alarm for 10:01 pm US MDT tonight.... :)

I'm with you there my friend! Also, thanks Trenloe for being the one working on this ruleset! Just seeing the passion you've put into the playtest gives me hope that we will one day see the automation. To the same point that 5e has where dragging feats will populate effects that they give like sneak attack ect.

Trenloe
August 1st, 2019, 00:31
I've heard from Smiteworks and the 3 products initially available as DLC will the Core Rules, Hellknight Hill - Age of Ashes AP Part 1 and The Fall of Plaguestone adventure.

shadelon
August 1st, 2019, 04:54
Trenloe, you sir are a God! All hail the great Trenloe!

Vaeron
August 1st, 2019, 05:39
Very nice. Love those big maps! Was only offered a discount on the adventures, though, so not sure if the core purchase isn't updated on the Paizo synch yet. Great job having it ready on launch!

Trenloe
August 1st, 2019, 05:43
Very nice. Love those big maps! Was only offered a discount on the adventures, though, so not sure if the core purchase isn't updated on the Paizo synch yet. Great job having it ready on launch!
Look for a product code of PZO2101E in the Paizo sync - which should appear if you have the PDF in your Paizo downloads (shown on the Paizo product page "in your downloads" - even though you can't actually download the PDF from Paizo yet).

Vaeron
August 1st, 2019, 06:03
That's odd. Yes. PZO2101E is listed in the green synch box, but it doesn't change the Core price. For now I am really enjoying looking at the maps, encounters, and creatures for Plaguestone and can wait on the Core for a bit.

Trenloe
August 1st, 2019, 06:05
That's odd. Yes. PZO2101E is listed in the green synch box, but it doesn't change the Core price.
You need to add it to your card to see the discount in the cart - you don't see the published price discounted on the main product page.

Paendrag
August 1st, 2019, 13:41
You need to add it to your card to see the discount in the cart - you don't see the published price discounted on the main product page.

I'm not Vaeron, but I'm also seeing the same issue, it's listed in the green sync box, but doesn't change the price, even in the shopping cart.

ddavison
August 1st, 2019, 14:06
There was an issue with the bundle for the Core Rules that it was accidentally bundled alongside Pathfinder 1 Core Rules. It would only work if you had both the PF 1 and PF 2 core rules. It should now be fixed. Sorry for the mix-up.

ShadeRaven
August 1st, 2019, 14:17
There was an issue with the bundle for the Core Rules that it was accidentally bundled alongside Pathfinder 1 Core Rules. It would only work if you had both the PF 1 and PF 2 core rules. It should now be fixed. Sorry for the mix-up.I didn't/don't see the Bundle out there. Where do I need to look to find it? :)

ddavison
August 1st, 2019, 14:20
It's a hidden bundle that looks to see if you own the PDF already at Paizo.com and then grants a discount equivalent to the PDF price over at Paizo.com. It doesn't show up in the list of bundles on the site here but that's how it works in the back-end. Use the Store > Paizo Account Synchronization option from the Store menu here.

Davido1000
August 1st, 2019, 14:27
Its not giving me the discount either

corwynn
August 1st, 2019, 14:32
Yeah, sorry guys, but there's a for reals issue.

This:

Doesn't match this:

Paendrag
August 1st, 2019, 14:35
Yeah, still having an issue here as well, I've done the following in case I'm just missing a step somewhere.

1) Bought the pdf from the Paizo store
2) Went to the Fantasy Grounds website and to the Paizo Account Synchronization, retrieved Paizo Purchases (at this point I see PZO2101E listed in the green box saying that it is owned and link added)
3) Add the core rulebook to the Fantasy grounds website store shopping cart

I've went entirely through the checkout and I'm not seeing a discount anywhere at all, and it's wanting to send me to the paypal page to pay the full $59.99

ddavison
August 1st, 2019, 14:37
Can you try each product separately to see if one of them does not match the listed PDF price from Paizo.com in the discount?

corwynn
August 1st, 2019, 14:38
Yes. The problem is with the CRB. Both the AP and the adventure work fine.

ddavison
August 1st, 2019, 14:41
Found it. There was one more place that had to be changed from PFRPGCR to PFRPG2CR. It should be picking up now.

corwynn
August 1st, 2019, 14:53
I was wondering why the price was off earlier. (I'm not buying today.) It was because of that error which you half fixed. As an owner of both CRB1 and CRB2 I was getting a $19.99 discount instead of the proper $14.99.

Paendrag
August 1st, 2019, 15:04
It worked perfectly now, thanks for all the help!