PDA

View Full Version : New to D&D and FG, looking for a GM to show us the ropes

Cdub
March 17th, 2019, 14:15
I have a group of gamers who have been talking about making the plunge into D&D. We have a lot of experience with tabletop boardgames(Scythe, Through the Ages, Root) and online console gaming(DOS2, Monster Hunter, Fire Emblem) but no experience with D&D or FG. Right now 2 of us are doing the research and we are looking for someone to help GM on Fantasy Grounds and get us started along this journey. I was thinking maybe someone could host a short introductory/session 0 for us. We typically game on Thursdays 7p-10p EST.

Calum
March 17th, 2019, 14:36
Welcome to Fantasy grounds Cdub. If you are looking to learn the basics of fantasy grounds & DnD your best bet is probably to head over to Fantasy Grounds College Discord server https://discordapp.com/invite/Ew6nYyw and let them know what you want. They are a nice bunch of folks and genuinely helpful to the extent that they even run classes covering everything from basic character creation up to writing your own modules

WrongWriter
March 18th, 2019, 18:33
I would be willing to give it a try. I've DM'd once on Fantasy Grounds and am familiar with D&D 5e, though I learn something new every time I play. Also, I own an Ultimate License for Fantasy Grounds and almost all of the Official D&D content. What this means is none of the players will need to buy a license. You'll be able to play using the Demo version of Fantasy Grounds because my license covers you.

Let me know if you're interested and you want to talk more about it.

WW