PDA

View Full Version : MoreCore Bug with Roll Trackers

Hjorimir
March 14th, 2019, 18:30
There appears to be a bug with Tracker rolls on NPCs. If I have an NPC with a tracker and add them to the CT, I get the following error:

Script Error: [string "scripts/parameter_manager.lua"]5: attempt to index a nil value (x3)

If I open and close the roll details of the Tracker prior to adding them to the CT, I don't get the error.

Also, if I try to use the tracker (i.e. double-click the second box to use one charge) without first opening and closing the roll, I get this error:

Script Error: [string "trackersname"]:1: attempt to index a nil value

As I write this, I have the same problems with Tracker rolls on the Character Sheets. I need to open and close them before use.

I'm not doing anything fancy with my Tracker rolls. They simply have a name, the checkbox for Enable Tracker marked, and a Max Number entered (e.g. 10).

LordEntrails
March 14th, 2019, 18:51
Can you reproduce this in a new campaign with no extensions?

damned
March 14th, 2019, 22:54
You will need to explain in more detail as I cant reproduce.
There are some cosmetic errors that occur with some actions that I havent resolved as yet - the Trackers/Rolls involve a high degree of complexity in the UI and backend and they have evolved substantially over the last few months.

Hjorimir
March 15th, 2019, 06:16
Can you reproduce this in a new campaign with no extensions?
Very easy to reproduce on the NPC sheet. I tried two different methods.
Setup: New MC campaign, no extensions.
1) Create Tracker Roll in Roll Library
2) Create NPC #1
3) Add Tracker from library to NPC CT rolls box
4) Close FG (or /reload)
5) Open FG, open CT, add NPC #1, error
6) Create NPC #2
7) Create Tracker Roll directly on sheet
8) Close FG (or /reload)
9) Open FG, open CT, add NPC #1, error
10) Clear error, add NPC #2, error

The PC errors are hit and miss for me right now. Haven't nailed it down. It feels like with the NPCs that something isn't initializing correctly. If I open the roll preemptively and then add to the CT, no errors.

EDIT:

Also, rechecked trying to double-click the trackers from each NPC sheet without opening/closing roll details and that also reproduces the second error I reported above.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you need anything else. If all else fails, we could hook up on Google Hangouts and I could demo it for you. Send me an IM if that is something you need.

damned
March 15th, 2019, 07:35
can you zip up your campaign and share please?

Hjorimir
March 15th, 2019, 17:21
Certainly! Here you go...

damned
March 16th, 2019, 06:14
Certainly! Here you go...

try extracting this into the /scripts folder (unpack the ruleset) and retest for me...
i think there may still be a couple of glitches but some more testing would be useful.

Hjorimir
March 16th, 2019, 17:28
At a quick check, the new script update seems to have handled the error when adding to the CT. However, I still get errors when double-clicking the tracker itself for use (directly off of the character or NPC sheet as well as from the CT when I expose the rolls section).

Ruleset Warning: Could not find template (visible) in windowclass (cli_rolls)

damned
March 17th, 2019, 00:23
When you create your rolls do you still get this error if you select an Icon from the cycler?

Hjorimir
March 17th, 2019, 04:54
When you create your rolls do you still get this error if you select an Icon from the cycler?
I'm not 100% what you meany by "select an Icon from the cycler."

From my testing, if I create the roll I can use it without an issue during that session of the campaign. However, once I close the campaign/FG, open the NPC with the tracker on it. I cannot double-click to use a charge of the tracker without error. Likewise, I cannot add the NPC to the CT without errors. Neither of these things occur if I first open and close the tracker. If there's something specific you'd like me to do past that, please let me know. Again, happy to host a session to demo for you what I'm seeing.

damned
March 17th, 2019, 22:19

Click on the field next to the Max Number value and select an Icon for the cycler.
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=26762