PDA

View Full Version : Portraits, how to?

celestian
March 13th, 2019, 07:31
Can someone point me to something that explains how to get Portraits into a .mod and/or a campaign? Such that they are included when the export is ran?

I've poked around with it and am just having no luck with it.

Drogo210
March 13th, 2019, 07:43
I am not sure you can save in a .mod. As far as I know they are saved as .pak

LordNova2
March 13th, 2019, 08:22
Yes, just throw your portraits into a zip file and rename the extension to .ppk. There is no special XML files needed to manifest/catalog the images. Obviously you will want to place the .pak file into %AppData%\Fantasy Grounds\portraits.
If you want to separate your portraits/images into sub-categories, separate them into different folders (naming them respectively to the category) before zipping.

Zacchaeus
March 13th, 2019, 09:00
No there isn’t. Portraits use a completely different way of working and are not part of any xml structure in a campaign. So they can’t be exported. All of the official products that have portraits all contain a separate .ppk file with the portraits.

Trenloe
March 13th, 2019, 14:32
You can’t export portraits, all you can do is a manually created .ppk file (not .pak - that’s for rulesets) in the portraits directory.

celestian
March 13th, 2019, 16:56
You can’t export portraits, all you can do is a manually created .ppk file (not .pak - that’s for rulesets) in the portraits directory.

Well that would explain it. Thanks!

LordNova2
March 13th, 2019, 18:50
Doh! It is .ppk for the portraits extension, not .pak.
.pak that is used for the rulesets.