PDA

View Full Version : HP keyword?

flynnkd
March 13th, 2019, 02:45
Is there a HPs keyword you can use in an effect that will either boost HPs or add TempHP?

I want to have an encounter group that can be re-used, but with the creatures boosted in regard to HPs at various times. I can duplicate the Enc group with boosted HPs but it seemed odd that HPs wouldnt be a keyword, but I dont see it anywhere.

LordEntrails
March 13th, 2019, 03:01
There are both HP and Temp functions in the Heal dialog of PC actions. See; https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/5E_Effects

But I don't think their is a way to use them to adjust NPC hitpoints when added to the CT. There is a GM option to use default/min/max/random hitpoints for NPCs when added to the CT, but again I don't think that's what you want.

I think you are going to have to create multiple versions of the NPC with different number of HPs, or just adjust the number in the CT after you add them to the CT.

flynnkd
March 13th, 2019, 03:36
I could add a leader to each group with a Heal effect as you suggested, target all friends and apply that at the start of an encounter? Giving them all Temp HPs would be good.

I could have various Leader types with different abilities they can apply, replicating what I want. Or a single leader with several effects...

GavinRuneblade
March 13th, 2019, 06:54
I could add a leader to each group with a Heal effect as you suggested, target all friends and apply that at the start of an encounter? Giving them all Temp HPs would be good.

I could have various Leader types with different abilities they can apply, replicating what I want. Or a single leader with several effects...

What I do is create a "fake/invisible PC" to which I apply all the abilities I want. Then I use them to apply the effects as needed. Some things are just easier created on a PC than an NPC.

Zacchaeus
March 13th, 2019, 09:05
Is there a HPs keyword you can use in an effect that will either boost HPs or add TempHP?

I want to have an encounter group that can be re-used, but with the creatures boosted in regard to HPs at various times. I can duplicate the Enc group with boosted HPs but it seemed odd that HPs wouldnt be a keyword, but I dont see it anywhere.
You could use the regeneration function to give hit points back each round. If you want to create a heal add a line in an ability of the NPC that says “the target regains ndn hit points.” This will create a heal effect on the CT which you can drag to any other NPC or to the NPC itself.