PDA

View Full Version : Rappan Athuk – Open Game: Sat 1200-1630 PDT

Griogre
August 28th, 2006, 00:53
Rappan Athuk is a con open gaming room style campaign. Object is just to “sit down” and have fun exploring a huge old style dungeon. This is a dungeon crawl with “pick up” characters and players. Different character every session? Fine. Can only commit to one session? Great.

I’m looking for 4-6 players a session. I will be running a session on Saturday, also if there is enough players I will run a session during the week on Tues or Wed. You can find the details, backstory and character generation rules here (https://www.fouruglymonsters.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=35).

Edit: Oops they changed over to new forums. :p Link updated to new ones.

Griogre
August 31st, 2006, 04:58
Still have two more seats at the table for this Saturday's game. Current group looks like a cleric, bard, druid and rogue or fighter. If you are interested come on over to the new boards here (https://www.fouruglymonsters.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=35) and sign up for the second session.

Griogre
September 3rd, 2006, 07:19
Today, five more adventurers entered the shrine and were transported to Rappan Athuk: Jahkra, Catyr, Gildas, Jilliana Gateopener and Mortis. Three hours, fifteen minutes later they would reappear carrying several extra short swords and unwounded.

Interestingly, Jahkra’s name on the stone table is etched bolder than the surrounding names. Shortly after the group arrived back, an extremely well armed and equipped group of five adventurers entered the shrine.

Almost 10 hours later in the early morning hours they would return carrying a dead comrade. Several promised the priests they would be back as soon as the raised their dead friend and better equipped.

Things went much better for this group of adventurers. While there was only one returning character, two close family members of the first group entered the dungeon with Jahkra. The group was well prepared for the first encounter and defeated it in only a few rounds. and managed to enter the largest mausoleum.

Vile magic panicked much of the party leaving the wizard and bard to fight the black boned skeleton alone. Catyr came close to death but with Jahkra’s aid shook the cold bony hand from his shoulder. In a scrambling fight around the mausoleum Jahkra and Catyr managed to keep the fell creature occupied until the rest of the party could regain their composure and rush back into the battle.

Once the adventurers reformed, they were able to defeat their opponent after a handful of rounds. The party had just finished further investigating the mausoleum when they reappeared back at the shrine in Tsar.

Congratulations on a good run. I hope to see you and your characters next week.

XP 440 each, Treasure 202 gp each.