PDA

View Full Version : LFP: Custom Pathfinder Campaign looking for 4-6 Players.

SKarate
March 12th, 2019, 03:48
(New Player Friendly)

FG License: Ultimate License.
Game System: Pathfinder 1st Edition

Time Zone: US Eastern Standard Time [GMT-5]
Day of week and time: Every Other Saturday Time: Noon
If new game, planned start date: April, maybe earlier
Planned Duration & Frequency: Every other Week
Term: Medium-Long Term depending on players choices.

Text or Voice: I am leaning towards text game play with voice over top, but I might consider doing a hybrid. Either way text will be used.
Voice software used: Discord (What else?)
Will this be recorded and/or live streamed?: Possibly. I have an interest in recording the campaign as a potential series.

Roleplay & Combat mix: 80/20, or as the players determine. I lean more towards role-play when playing so I try to make all encounters have multiple possible outcomes, including combat if it comes to it. It is all going to depend on how the players choose to overcome the encounters as to how much combat there is, but nothing will ever be set in stone.
Number of Players in game & needed: I want to run a party of up to 6 players, but will begin the campaign with a minimum of 4. The reason I want 6 is I know life happens and with 6 if we have 1 or 2 people who can't make it to a session we can continue the session anyway. Which is really important when you are playing every other week.
Character starting level & equipment: 1st Level Characters. Each character will have their classes starting kit, a small pouch of gold and basic weapon and armor as needed for class. I like people who put efforts into backstories and tend to reward players who put forth a little effort with a small boost to starting gear (something as basic as based on your backstory I feel like your shield should be masterwork)
Character/Campaign restrictions: Core Rulebook Races and Classes only, but Archetypes from other books for those classes are allowed. (For example you can choose a Zen Archer Monk but not Summoner), and Core Races only minus Half-Orc. The reasons for this is the setting I am creating I am altering the flavour of the classes to fit in the campaign better. Alignment wise characters need to have a Good Tendency character (meaning you can play neutral characters who lean towards good, but no creating evil or leaning towards evil characters as the good-evil alignment is heavily played on through the campaign). More details to come when you have been accepted into the campaign.

Details of your scenario:
Details are still being worked out in Fantasy Grounds and I actually wanted to start getting a player base to help develop as well as put a fire under my butt to get this completed instead of my continual procrastination.

Here is the elevator pitch for the campaign if you will:

A great evil has begun to take hold of the world after centuries of being imprisoned by The Green Goddess and it is up to our heroes to push back the evil and restore the world to peace.

Note about character creation: All players will be from a secluded town called Aravale a town so far detached it takes care of itself and doesn't really swear fealty to any kingdom. (Although is on the border of 3). This town is small enough that everyone knows one another including the couple of farms on the outskirts that bring in fresh food for the town. It has a racial make up of primarily human, but there are a couple of families from each race present [To allow players the ability to chose any race]

Zagahotzu
March 12th, 2019, 06:05
I might be interested. What is your take on the prestige classes? Are they allowed. And also if choosing monk or rogue do you allow the unchained?.

Validname
March 12th, 2019, 08:31
I could join depending on what the starting time and how long the sessions are, also are the PC stats roll or point buy.

SKarate
March 12th, 2019, 12:15
Prestige Classes will be allowed and I view unchained as an archetype so they are also allowed.

The starting time I had in mind was Noon on Saturdays with the idea of around 4 hour sessions. Some sessions might go a bit longer some might be shorter the way I typically run a session is that I have a goal in mind for that session I want the party to achieve in a session and will either end the session when we have either reached it or another good point when the party goes in a completely different direction than anticipated. (I run pretty open worlds where I go with the flow of the party and the story will keep going either around the players or in the background without them. All choices have benefits and consequences type thing.)

Stats I am leaning to a 2 array system 15 15 14 14 11 10 or 17 15 14 12 10 8

Zagahotzu
March 12th, 2019, 19:22
I would be up for joining. Already have a few build ideas I could do if Allowed and can talk about them if i do gdt accepted to play.

Lennerdg
March 15th, 2019, 09:27
Im interested in joining your game. But, Im completely new to FG. Would you be okay teaching how to use the software?

Dark Angel
March 15th, 2019, 11:10
I have a few character ideas in mind that I could do. So I'm interested. Though I will admit that I'm unfamiliar with Pathfinder, so I hope you'll forgive my noob status. I'm mainly familiar with D&D 5E.

SKarate
March 15th, 2019, 15:17
We will be very friendly with new players whether they be to Pathfinder or Fantasy Grounds.

kryptoknight
March 17th, 2019, 17:17
I'm certainly interested. Any idea which weekend in April you'd be starting on? Also, is Aravale a small town? Large town? Any wealthy merchant families or nobility?

SKarate
March 17th, 2019, 18:12
Hey krypto, I am currently out so I will send you our discord information later, but to answer your other questions we don't have a set start date yet still gathering players at the moment but we are looking pretty strong as you would make our 6th and final slot.

Aravale is a small village. There aren't any nobles that live in Aravale as it kind of lies outside of the 3 countries and hasn't sworn fealty to any of them in a long time. We can talk more on Discord if you have something specific in mind that you want to do and we can make something work out.

SKarate
March 23rd, 2019, 04:08
We had a drop out so we have one spot available. We will be starting tomorrow (23/03) beginning at Noon eastern and will be playing every other Saturday.