PDA

View Full Version : LFP - New Pathfinder Campaign - Darkmoon Vale - Monday Nights (GMT+10)

Lord Kavos
March 11th, 2019, 16:45
Hi all, I am looking to start up a new Pathfinder campaign set in the wonderful Darkmoon Vale region...

For my last campaign I was running one of the Adventure Paths (Rise of the Runelords Anniversary Edition), but I am keen to go back to a more sandbox style campaign where I can develop more elements & allow more freedom & scope for my players.

I plan on using some of the early Pathfinder adventure modules created for that area (D0 Hollow's Last Hope & D1 Crown of the Kobold King for starters), but ultimately looking to develop the region & expand play beyond the confines of the modules themselves and let the PCs actions dictate the story.

With this in mind I am looking for 4 or 5 players keen to join me in this endeavour.

I am an experienced DM & have been writing & running adventures for various RPGs for over 30 years (D&D, Pathfinder, Star Wars, Shadowrun etc.), including the various organized play campaigns (Living Greyhawk & Living Forgotten Realms author/triad, 3 Star Pathfinder Society GM).

I incorporate Syrinscape sounds into my FG games & will be using Dulux OZ's excellent extensions (Sounds, Locations, Weather etc.) to try & make this campaign as immersive as I can.

Expect an equal dose of combat, exploration & roleplay - I would love all players to be as immersed in the campaign as possible, with a focus on character backstory, development, personality & voices even if you are a combat wombat / min max style player. Rules lawyers are ok as well, but the DM has the final say of course - I tend to stick to the rules mostly, but will veto any broken PC options of they spoil the type of play I am trying to encourage.

Characters can be created using any of the Paizo Pathfinder rules & books (no plans to use 3rd party books, but open to discussing some options from those sources if it fits your PC idea & is not broken). 20pt buy for stats, would prefer standard race choices but again open to discussion (though I am not going to allow everyone to play a uncommon race, so no completely Aasimar/Damphyr/Goblin tables please). But be aware that unusual race choices will likely find it difficult to interact with the people of the Darkmoon Vale region, and will stand out & likely draw criticism & ridicule from my NPCs (you have been warned!)

The main issue for some players will likely be timezone differences - I am in Brisbane, Australia (GMT+10), and I am looking to run this campaign on a Monday night my time. I can offer a little flexibility with regards to start & finish times due to my varying work hours (full-time musician), but that also rules out most of my Friday/Saturday/Sunday nights as I am usually gigging then.

So if any of you are interested & think you can commit to a Monday, 6-8pm GMT+10 weekly or fortnightly game, drop me a line in this thread!

Calendar entry here so you can check if the timezone difference will work for you...https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=3419

Talk to you all soon!