PDA

View Full Version : Cannot "buy" free supplement in store

edem
March 11th, 2019, 11:27
Hi,

I tried to buy Deadlands Reloaded: Devil's Night (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/product.php?id=DevilsNight) from the store, but it tries to redirect me to PayPal to pay the $0.00 cost, and paypal just shows me an error page instead (based on the page url, it's an issue with the amount: "code=AMOUNT_ERROR"). Should the store even take me to PayPal if the total amount is $0.00?

Zacchaeus
March 11th, 2019, 12:01
Hi,

I tried to buy Deadlands Reloaded: Devil's Night (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/product.php?id=DevilsNight) from the store, but it tries to redirect me to PayPal to pay the $0.00 cost, and paypal just shows me an error page instead (based on the page url, it's an issue with the amount: "code=AMOUNT_ERROR"). Should the store even take me to PayPal if the total amount is $0.00?

PayPal doesn't accept a zero payment. I think in the store you have an option to pay $1 which I believe goes to charity. You can download the free version without cost from Steam I believe.

edem
March 11th, 2019, 12:18
PayPal doesn't accept a zero payment. I think in the store you have an option to pay $1 which I believe goes to charity. You can download the free version without cost from Steam I believe.

I looked through all 1235 modules for FG on Steam, and Devil's Night ain't one of them. (Not to mention how to get that into my FG on Mac, since most of the DLCs are marked as windows only...).

Zacchaeus
March 11th, 2019, 14:34
I looked through all 1235 modules for FG on Steam, and Devil's Night ain't one of them. (Not to mention how to get that into my FG on Mac, since most of the DLCs are marked as windows only...).

That's -odd. I'd suggest that you send off an email to [email protected] and explain the issue. Also I think that all DLC can now be downloaded and installed on a mac from Steam, it certainly used to be the case that it couldn't but that changed some time ago (I believe - my mac knowledge is admittedly limited).

Trenloe
March 11th, 2019, 15:47
Steam DLC can now be downloaded on a Mac as part of the FG update process - if you've synced your Steam purchases (link in the Store menu). When FG on Steam first came out, it relied on the Steam client running to get your Steam purchases, and this only worked on Windows - with the Steam sync menu this is no longer needed and so DLC should be OK on the Mac.

edem
March 11th, 2019, 16:47
Steam DLC can now be downloaded on a Mac as part of the FG update process - if you've synced your Steam purchases (link in the Store menu). When FG on Steam first came out, it relied on the Steam client running to get your Steam purchases, and this only worked on Windows - with the Steam sync menu this is no longer needed and so DLC should be OK on the Mac.

That's good to know.
However the module was not available on Steam, at least I couldn't find it.

Trenloe
March 11th, 2019, 16:59
If it's not on Steam, you'll need to do what Zacchaeus mentioned - add the $1 charitable donation before checking out, or add the free product to your cart when you purchase another product that isn't free.