PDA

View Full Version : LFG 1 Player - Friday Night 9pm ET - OSR preferred

wispsoftime
March 10th, 2019, 04:54
FG License: none, but will purchase if needed (wanted to test the waters first)
Time Zone: Eastern Time USA (UTC/GMT -4)
Day(s) of week, frequency, and time: Fridays at 9pm ET (once kids are in bed), weekly
Term: Thinking to try one-shot(s) to feel things out but would like to find a regular group, ultimately.
Voice: Sure

Game System Preferred: Mostly interested in OSR (S&W, LL, BFRPG, etc.) or OSR style games (TBH, SS&SS), but also open to PbtA, Numenera, Cthulhu, etc. I have read 5e "3 books" and willing to try that as well.
Game System Experience: I've done more reading than playing, so consider me a beginner, but mostly older D&D.
Fantasy Grounds Experience: New to FG

Character Type Preferred: No strong preference as yet. Thinking of something "hybrid" (elf, paladin) to learn both melee and spellcasting.

About me: 37, married with 3 kids (6,5,&3). Got interested in D&D in early 90s after reading DragonLance novels. Haven't played much, but kept a passing interest over the years. About 2 years ago, started looking into RPGs for kids and fell down the rabbit hole, started solo playing with Mythic, and got really interested in the old school movement but have read and played a few other systems (PbtA, Shadowrin, NWoD, indie games, etc.). I tend to prefer "serious" sword & sorcery -- lower magic, grimdark type stuff -- but I'm open to other genres (high fantasy, sci-fi, cyberpunk, cthulhu/horror, etc.)

I do have kids, occasionally crazy work hours, and a wife with a chronic illness, so I expect to be late or absent more than I'd like, but want to give it a try and see how things work out.

JohnD
March 10th, 2019, 19:09
Based on your stated preferences, you should also give Castles and Crusades a look.

And welcome. :)

wispsoftime
March 10th, 2019, 19:45
Sure... I'm aware of C&C and I may have a few of their books on PDF though haven't gotten around to them yet. :-) I hope I left my post open-ended enough to include C&C and other "old school" clones. I'm open to trying pretty much anything if the time slot fits. :-)