PDA

View Full Version : Damage reduction and magic

KillerRabbit
March 10th, 2019, 00:19
So i made a monster with dr 5/magic.

Everything works fine, but not with solarian weapons with crystal and weapons with fusion. Added it with the forge, but does not recognize it as magucal weapon, so it gets DR, snd the full damage is not applied. How can this be fixed if its solethibg i'm doing wrobg, otherwise can it be fixed so the dr is applied correctly please?

Blahness98
March 10th, 2019, 00:53
Just add magic to the type field after the weapon is created. The magic type might not have transferred correctly.

KillerRabbit
March 10th, 2019, 12:08
With the fusion everything does work, my mistake.

The problem is with the solarian weapon:
1. There is no solarian weapon in the item list, so you have to create one yourself. I hope i have done this right.
2. When adding a crystal to it, there is no way to forge this, so again you'll have to manually do this.

Whatever I do, it's not counting as magical weapon to overcome damage reduction.
So the basic of the weapon looks like this;

Solarian weapon level 2 + Tauon crystal least:

Did i do it correct, and where and how do i make it magical?

Blahness98
March 10th, 2019, 16:34
To answer your questions:

1: In the weapon item section, you did not have a damage type set. In the weapon damage details, you have it set to P damage. Granted, you manually added the type, but anytime you re-add the item in the future, you may come across errors.
2: Correct. There is no way to forge this as the crystal is not an item template.

The weapon will not count as a magic weapon as you do not have the "magic" damage type set in the damage field. Unfortunately, due to the way the SF rule set parses the damage type line, you will not be able to use the short code (P this case) along with the word magic. You will have to use the full word (piercing) in order to use the magic damage type. See the attached picture.

Also, if you are using the full damage type words, you can also use the DMGTYPE: nonlethal effect when changing the weapon into "stun mode" per the crystal description.

KillerRabbit
March 10th, 2019, 17:05
Thanks, didn't know how to write out the full word. Helped a lot.

Is there any good tutorial that shows you how to do all of this?
I never found something decent, and that's related to starfinder.

Blahness98
March 10th, 2019, 18:37
Not really. Everything I have built has been via trial and error as the rule set is in the vault. I don't have the software to make vids and really wouldn't know what to make them about.