PDA

View Full Version : Monsters receiving effects from there traits

Davido1000
March 9th, 2019, 16:34
Hello, ive noticed several monsters with traits that add or minus to attacks or saves seem to have them as effects when placed on the combat tracker which give them bonuses in rolls when these trait are already calculated in the statblock.

Trenloe
March 9th, 2019, 19:42
Do you have some examples?

Blahness98
March 9th, 2019, 20:13
Pick an elemental for an example of this. No clue where it is parsing the additional effects from.

Davido1000
March 10th, 2019, 10:28
i think i've narrowed it down to the monster's traits for example fey traits give a bonus to certain saves but a -1 to attacks but these are for monster creation and are already included in the statblock so this shouldnt stack on top.

Samarex
March 10th, 2019, 11:18
Pick an elemental for an example of this. No clue where it is parsing the additional effects from.

When the other developer did the NPC portion, made it so the effects would be added to the NPC when dropped in the combat tracker. I guess he added them all and did not take into consideration which ones are already included in the stat block and which ones would need to be added.
I will have to take a look I know where its at just got to figure out what needs to stay and what needs to go