PDA

View Full Version : Ghost's of Saltmarsh

BDaniel
March 8th, 2019, 22:20
Is there any word from the Devs on when "Ghosts of Saltmarsh" will be out on FG? From what I have read it looks like it will have a 21 May release date.

Zacchaeus
March 8th, 2019, 22:30
Assuming everything goes well it will be released on the normal date when all FG modules get released which is two weeks before the normal release date - the same date as the preferred stores or whatever they are called (they only exist in the states as far as I can discern).

BDaniel
March 9th, 2019, 01:29
Assuming everything goes well it will be released on the normal date when all FG modules get released which is two weeks before the normal release date - the same date as the preferred stores or whatever they are called (they only exist in the states as far as I can discern).

YEAHHHH! Looking forward to this release. The U series was so much fun. I did a conversion and playtest of U1 for 5e a couple of years ago but my computer died and I lost everything. But I was having trouble with the Maps for U2 & 3. I am not a map maker so I was exploring commissioning someone to make them. No with this coming out all problems are solved. 8)

Heckspawn
March 16th, 2019, 04:53
Woohoo! Yes, I too am looking forward to Ghost of Saltmarsh and running it in FG's. The Secrets of Saltmarsh series has always been a favorite of mine.

Tabatha
March 16th, 2019, 22:24
I'm quite excited for this pack.

The Ile of the Abby was the very first adventure I ever played, and I'm very curios how it should have been handled - it was pure chaos, but lots of fun.

GunnarGreybeard
March 17th, 2019, 06:23
Ironically, I am working on converting 'Isle of the Abby' to 5E for my homebrew campaign. Be interesting to see how they did it.

JohnQPublic
March 17th, 2019, 07:53
I thought I heard an interview with Chris Perkins where he said they were standardizing release dates. So Amazon, FLGS, and VTT get it all at the same time. I think it may have been on Dragon Talk or Between the Sheets.

esmdev
March 17th, 2019, 07:55
I am just hopeful for the fantastic maps of the earlier modules (like Lost Mines) as opposed to the sad maps of the last two offerings. However I am grateful for the map upgrades that were in the FG versions... so much nicer.

esmdev
March 17th, 2019, 08:00
I thought I heard an interview with Chris Perkins where he said they were standardizing release dates. So Amazon, FLGS, and VTT get it all at the same time. I think it may have been on Dragon Talk or Between the Sheets.

That would suck for local stores. The only reason I willingly pay the extra cash and time on the store option is they have it weeks in advance. If I can save 15-20 dollars a book at Amazon, there really isn't any reason to bother with an hour round trip to the game store to pay $20 extra.

JohnQPublic
March 17th, 2019, 08:15
I am just hopeful for the fantastic maps of the earlier modules (like Lost Mines) as opposed to the sad maps of the last two offerings. However I am grateful for the map upgrades that were in the FG versions... so much nicer.

I hated the new style maps at first, but I quickly came around. The basic black and white line style makes the tokens pop out where, on some of the more colorful maps, I have to use tokens with bold borders or I lose them in the noise.

zack2488
March 18th, 2019, 02:42
I do recall Perkins and Welch saying that this is the first release with only one release date instead of the usual two. it was on the last episode of Dragon Talk.

LordEntrails
March 18th, 2019, 02:50
I do recall Perkins and Welch saying that this is the first release with only one release date instead of the usual two. it was on the last episode of Dragon Talk.
Well, there goes their last support of FLGS's. One more nail...

esmdev
March 18th, 2019, 03:48
Well, there goes their last support of FLGS's. One more nail...

My thought exactly.

damned
March 18th, 2019, 04:45
My thought exactly.

Its probably a good thing... every time i go into my local I buy something just because I feel bad....
:bandit:

Eru the One
March 18th, 2019, 07:18
I think if you want the alternate covers, those are still FLGS exclusive. I've had bad luck with Amazon and my 5e books, most of the corners come bent or frayed, so I still go to the FLGS for books.

LordNova2
March 18th, 2019, 08:46
Yes, my Amazon experience was bad too. With my D&D purchase the air-bags they used to pack the shipment with deflated, and so the corners were banged around a bit, to top it off there was some sand/gravel that found its way in the box which scratched and engraved into the covers.
For buying online I have had the best luck just ordering from the cheapest sellers on eBay surprisingly.

The gaming stores can be strange with the conditions of their new books.
One store is way bigger but their new books are often beat up a bit; bent corners, scratches, the entire book has a bow in it... At times I swear they are taking in seconds as even the quality of the some of the books can look questionable.
The other store in the same area seems to have rather pristine copies, in fact they go through the trouble of shrink wrapping all the books when they get them in and place them on the shelf.

However it does not matter which store I go to in the end, as by the time you figure in the gas to get to the store and back and paying full price for just one book, I could have ordered five books online. I'm not exaggerating either

When it comes to the physical books I am more of a collector than anything, as most of my reading/use is done in the Fantasy Grounds modules. I can still get use out of the info displayed on the DM Screens.

But I look forward to getting Ghosts of Saltmarsh for both FG and the book.

vegaserik
March 19th, 2019, 02:04

I heard that too, I was thinking it was on Spoilers and Swag but it could have been one of those too. They said it was a logistical nightmare and it was ending.