PDA

View Full Version : Custom Critical decks

KILLGORE
March 8th, 2019, 21:51
I wanted to ask if someone would be kind enough the lend some of their experience with FG and especially the back end of the program. I would like to include a custom critical hit and fumble deck. I would like to have it automated in the way the Smiteworks default one operates. IE; when either a critical or fumble is rolled, I would like it to automatically roll from the table I put the cards in. Is anyone willing to show me how to get started?

Zacchaeus
March 8th, 2019, 22:10
You will find a module in your modules folder called Default Fumble and Critical Hits Tables. All you need to do is create your own tables just like the ones you see in that module. Once you have created your tables (note you must keep the same names as in the module) export to your own module. Make sure you give it a different name from the default one.

Now you can open your module in any campaign (don't open the default one) and change the option under House Rules (GM) > Attack: Fumble/crit tables to on. FG will automatically use your tables for any crits or fumbles.

KILLGORE
March 9th, 2019, 23:24
I see it thanks! Is there a way I can have the result pop up or display a link to an image file picture in these xml strings?

Zacchaeus
March 9th, 2019, 23:43
I don’t know off hand since i’ve never used fumbles and critica tables. On the basis that they are tables and since you can link images to a table I’d say yes you can. It won’t pop up but will output to chat or a story if you wanted to.