PDA

View Full Version : I just can't install this app.

Dsala
March 8th, 2019, 20:43
Hi, I'm trying to install a steam demo version for testing and after that I was planning to buy the full license so I can play with my pals but I don't know what else i can do....I had 2 issues:

getting packages from FG server
getting example from FG server
getting purchases from FG server
Checking package FantasyGrounds Updater for updates
updating FantasyGroundsUpdater.exe
ERROR - GetPackagefiles: network : time out

The solution was change to a 2.4 GHz net.

After that came the second issue:

Getting packages from FG server
Starting update check
Getting examples from FG server
Getting purchases from FG server
Checking package FantasyGroundsUpdater for updates
Checking package 3.5E for updates
updating modules/3.5E-spells.mod
updating modules/3.5E-magicitems.mod
updating modules/3.5E-monsters.mod
updating modules/3.5E-basicrules.mod
updating modules/ks01_ogl_well_met_in_kithtakharos.mod
ERROR - GetPackageFiles: Network: time out
Retrying in 10 seconds

ks01_ogl_well_met_in_kithtakharos.mod was retrying for a while, so I deleted all files and started again, that time it got stucked at 3.5E-monsters.mod, after a new try it got stucked at updating modules/3.5E-spells.mod.

Net profile is private, the firewall is down, already tried adding excl to the FG Folders on windows defender, also turning off the protection and nothing.
While writing this thread i'll started the process again, suddenly the ks01_ogl_well_met_in_kithtakharos.mod was updated but now the file after that "3.5E.pak" it's stucked....

Any suggestions?

Dsala
March 8th, 2019, 20:56
Ok now I've got through the 3.5 ruleset and I'm stucked at coreRPG.pak.....

I'm sorry but I have that felling like when you try to download something from a crappy server and you keep cancelling the download until you get a decent download speed.

Trenloe
March 8th, 2019, 21:08
Welcome to the FG forums!

If your first timeout was solved by switching to a different wireless frequency, then I'm guessing that there could be a lot of contention/re-transmissions on your wireless network. Could you try with a wired connection - just to see if that helps?

LordEntrails
March 9th, 2019, 23:30
Sounds like a network/bandwidth error. The FG server isn't the problem, as non one else is reporting this and their server has always been very stable. But it is probably something between you and their server.

As mentioned, if you are on wireless, there is probably a poor or contentious connection there. You can download a free wifi analyzer app for your phone or even for your computer. Here's one example for Windows; https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/wifi-analyzer/9nblggh33n0n?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

Using an app like those, you can change the channel on your wifi router to a better one and then see?