PDA

View Full Version : LFG 1 Player anynight 1 shot / monthly campaign GMT 5e pref

Erkle
March 8th, 2019, 19:07
Free game license.
GMT (UK time zone)
Can potentially play any night, though Saturdays least available.
Looking for one-shots (to get to know community & FG) and ultimately a campaign game (between monthly and bi-weekly)
Voice: Discord and Skype available, can download other if needed. Good connection and mic. Can sort video if needed.

Game System: 5e preferred. Also Call of Cthulhu and Fate system.
Game System Experience: Experienced player of all three systems and occasional GM. I do really enjoy DMing but am looking to play at the moment.
Fantasy Grounds Experience: Brand new to FG. Have played games on another well known online site.

Character Type Preferred: When I make a character I usually start with their race and background. Who have they been in the world before they took up adventuring? I love taking support and utility roles in a party and I find that Druids and Rogues emable this and give me the most visceral connection to the physical environment that the character is in, which really hikes up my playing experience. For recent one-shots I played a friendly Tortle Shepherd Druid and a haunted Lizardfolk Arcane Trickster Rogue; and loved both experiences. I really enjoy supporting others to be better at what they do, be that in a one-shot or a campaign. What I most love is to match in with the campaign setting and work with the DM to come up with a character that will really work for them too. So, to that end I'll happily play any class. I do like to play thoughtful characters; who will need a good reason to attack and kill.

About me: I'm 44, live in England, work in mental health and disability equality and have been on/off roleplaying for years. I've recently returned to it much more and am hungry for the next great game. As a player type I'm mostly an Actor. Its the immersive character experience that I want. That said, I do love the mechanical crunch of D&D too. I ideally love a balance of social, environmental exploration and combat. I tend to find its the environmental exploration that is a bit lacking in most games though. When it comes to combat I do like it being rules-tight, so we all know where we stand and can apply our creativity from there. Importantly, for me, roleplaying doesn't end when combat starts. I do like humour and laughs in a game, but in the right amount and, for me, created through the characters, not so much out of game. As I like the immersive expeirenced I can get a lot from darker and more 'serious' games (hence my love of Cthulhu). I guess, if I had to express a preference, I'd say I would most like to play with relatively mature players, who pay attention to each other and take some responsibility for supporting each other to enjoy each session.