PDA

View Full Version : SWADE Action Deck?

Feoral77
March 8th, 2019, 18:18
A cursory search on here and Google didnt pull anything up so appologies if this had already been covered but are there any plans to either update the current action deck or put a new one on sale? I know there's a way to add your own but the coding section makes me anxious. Lol.

iotech
March 9th, 2019, 05:17
A cursory search on here and Google didnt pull anything up so appologies if this had already been covered but are there any plans to either update the current action deck or put a new one on sale? I know there's a way to add your own but the coding section makes me anxious. Lol.

I could be wrong, but I *think* the SWADE Action Deck was released today. Most likely will be in FG soon.

Feoral77
March 9th, 2019, 05:19
I could be wrong, but I *think* the SWADE Action Deck was released today. Most likely will be in FG soon.
Thats the problem with their kickstarters sometimes, i can sometimes not tell if its their preview of progress so far or final digital product lol. I'll keep my eye out!

edem
March 9th, 2019, 08:53

Released on 4th, updated on 6th. ;)

Feoral77
March 9th, 2019, 08:59
Released on 4th, updated on 6th. ;)

Aha, I'm blind and didnt see it! I'm married so luckily I'm super used to this!

edem
March 9th, 2019, 09:02
Aha, I'm blind and didnt see it! I'm married so luckily I'm super used to this!

Even if you haven't backed it (like me), you can read the kickstarter updates and they are super informative on what is going out when.

Ampersandrew
March 9th, 2019, 23:23
If I were to buy the adventure deck extension, could I open it up and edit it, or is it in the vault?

InfinitePudding
March 10th, 2019, 22:07
I just bought the adventure deck. Is the current one not compatible with SWADE? >.> Did I waste 10 bucks?

Feoral77
March 10th, 2019, 22:15
I just bought the adventure deck. Is the current one not compatible with SWADE? >.> Did I waste 10 bucks?
Its somewhat compatible, they've just updated how some of it works for the new edges and charisma getting removed.

Feoral77
March 10th, 2019, 22:16
You can edit it but it takes a lot of patience and coding. There's a pdf in the files that shows you how to though, step by step.

Feoral77
March 10th, 2019, 22:17
The action deck was released in pdf but its not on FG yet

InfinitePudding
March 10th, 2019, 22:19
I wish there had been a warning or something :/

Ampersandrew
March 10th, 2019, 23:11
You can edit it but it takes a lot of patience and coding. There's a pdf in the files that shows you how to though, step by step.

So, does that mean the code is accessible? If it's not, I'm not buying it.

esmdev
March 11th, 2019, 02:37
Given time it will probably be updated.

Moon Wizard
March 11th, 2019, 04:57
The current product is for SWD (Savage Worlds Deluxe) only.

I haven’t heard any planning yet for this add-on product for SWADE; but it may be a separate purchase depending on publisher and DLC developer agreement.

Please reach out to support to get a refund if you just purchased; and you can wait to see how the SWADE adventure deck is handled.

Regards,
JPG

Moon Wizard
March 11th, 2019, 05:16
Just to clarify, I believe that this deck still works with SWADE, but it is the adventure deck product originally published for Savage Worlds Deluxe edition.

Regards,
JPG

Doswelk
March 11th, 2019, 13:45
So, does that mean the code is accessible? If it's not, I'm not buying it.
The product includes instruction on how to construct a custom deck, I am building my own version of the deck right now (hopefully) to use this Saturday, I've ripped all the graphics from the PDF and I am coding the lua entiries...

All the required steps are documented

ddavison
March 11th, 2019, 13:52

If you make a purchase that turns out to be for an earlier edition, or you are unsatisfied with it for any reason, you can email us at [email protected] and we will issue you a refund. We have a 30-day money back guarantee on all purchases from our store.

I don't yet know if we will update this product to support SWADE under the same product id or if it will be a new product. If you have no interest in using it with Savage Worlds Deluxe, then I would recommend getting a refund now and just picking it up later if you see that we released an updated version.

Ampersandrew
March 11th, 2019, 14:36
The product includes instruction on how to construct a custom deck, I am building my own version of the deck right now (hopefully) to use this Saturday, I've ripped all the graphics from the PDF and I am coding the lua entiries...

All the required steps are documented

Thank you. That's the info I wanted.

I can make my own decks if I want, that's perfect.

Ampersandrew
March 11th, 2019, 15:42
Ok, so I bought it. The answer to the question I asked, in case anyone else cares.

No, it's not in the vault, you can open it up and read it all. As mentioned before, it contains instructions for modifying it.

I'm very happy with it.

esmdev
March 11th, 2019, 15:46
If you make a purchase that turns out to be for an earlier edition, or you are unsatisfied with it for any reason, you can email us at [email protected] and we will issue you a refund. We have a 30-day money back guarantee on all purchases from our store.

I don't yet know if we will update this product to support SWADE under the same product id or if it will be a new product. If you have no interest in using it with Savage Worlds Deluxe, then I would recommend getting a refund now and just picking it up later if you see that we released an updated version.

This is an example of what I was talking about way back when in the Traveller forums related to the information presented in the store. No where in the description of the Savage World Adventure Deck listing does it say that it is limited to the Deluxe Edition of the Adventure Deck. While I realize that the Adventure Edition is a fairly new implementation it would be a good idea to present current information in the store, like supported or unsupported, linked to a specific edition of a ruleset, or whatever. SWD Adventure Deck does work in the current ruleset, it is not actually current. The information in the store should be better updated more consistently to reflect the current realities of the product.

InfinitePudding
March 12th, 2019, 04:27
I did email support last night and I got my refund. It's already cleared in my bank so I'm pretty satisfied with the outcome.

mac40k
March 12th, 2019, 12:04
Well this really puts a crimp in my plans to update my existing 50 Fathoms campaign to SWADE since I am already using the Adventure Cards with it. Also, the Millennium Knights campaign I have prepped was supposed to use the Suzerain Adventure Cards, which I also own. When I bring it up in SWD, only the PEG Adventure cards show up, so even if I ran this in SWD, I'm not sure how to get the Suzerain AD to work with it.

Ampersandrew
March 13th, 2019, 10:47
The Adventure deck has been tweaked. Some cards edited, some removed, a few added. It's very, very similar.

Some cards have been weakened some made stronger. I say this having just edited a copy of the file that defines the cards to update it to the new pdf. If you're in the middle of a campaign and have been using the previous deck, I wouldn't worry about upgrading it.

As to using the Suzerain Adventure Cards, have you opened the extension to have a look inside? You can edit the extension.xml to make it compatible with SWD.

YamaShintaku
May 23rd, 2019, 14:30
Does anyone know where this SWADE version of the Adventure Deck stands? I'm wondering if a new version is coming, or if we are just buying the old version and updating it with the newly released cards?

Doswelk
May 24th, 2019, 09:35
...or if we are just buying the old version and updating it with the newly released cards?
That's what I have done.

I'll buy the SWADE version when it's released :)

Ikael
May 25th, 2019, 15:27
Does anyone know where this SWADE version of the Adventure Deck stands? I'm wondering if a new version is coming, or if we are just buying the old version and updating it with the newly released cards?

I have plans to update the existing Adventure Deck to support both SWD and SWADE cards; this means that there won't be new product that you need to purchase for SWADE. If you own the Adventure Desk, it will offer cards for both versions.

YamaShintaku
May 25th, 2019, 15:55
I have plans to update the existing Adventure Deck to support both SWD and SWADE cards; this means that there won't be new product that you need to purchase for SWADE. If you own the Adventure Desk, it will offer cards for both versions.

Wow! That is fantastic! Thanks!

YamaShintaku
June 5th, 2019, 20:41
Looks like the Adventure Deck has been updated and the SWADE cards are in there now... AWESOME!

Note: When you drag a card from one player sheet to another, it duplicates the card instead of moving it. This can be fixed manually by dropping the extra cards into the chat, which removes them from a players hand.

Whaley
June 9th, 2019, 19:38
I need to figure out how to manually assign action deck cards...I run games in person and use Fantasygrounds on a projector but I have the action deck that I want to deal out...I can't seem to figure out how to manually select the cards...

Alan Meranda
June 13th, 2019, 00:09
I backed the SWADE Kickstarter. I just downloaded the VTT portion of the Kickstarter. How does one add them into FG?

Doswelk
June 13th, 2019, 06:52
There is no mention of the Adventure deck included with Fantasy Grounds in the kickstarter FAQ

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/545820095/savage-worlds-adventure-edition/faqs

Adventure deck is a separate purchase from SWD/SWADE rulset in Fantasy Grounds.

Have you bought the Adventure Deck extension?

Alan Meranda
June 13th, 2019, 16:18
There is no mention of the Adventure deck included with Fantasy Grounds in the kickstarter FAQ

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/545820095/savage-worlds-adventure-edition/faqs

Adventure deck is a separate purchase from SWD/SWADE rulset in Fantasy Grounds.

Have you bought the Adventure Deck extension?

The VTT includes PNG files for Status Tokens, a SWADE themed Action Deck, a SWADE themed Adventure Deck and SWADE Character and Beastie Tokens. Also included are Power Cards. Gear cards and Weapon Cards are forthcoming.

The cards are practical to a point. But MOD files are absolutely needed.

Ampersandrew
June 13th, 2019, 16:44
The VTT includes PNG files for Status Tokens, a SWADE themed Action Deck, a SWADE themed Adventure Deck and SWADE Character and Beastie Tokens. Also included are Power Cards. Gear cards and Weapon Cards are forthcoming.

The cards are practical to a point. But MOD files are absolutely needed.

Honestly, the easiest answer to your question is buy the Adventure Deck in the fantasy Grounds Store.

Yes, you have the card images. What you need is a way to use them in game. That needs an extension to add the ability to handle a deck of cards and a mod to load the images. I say this as someone who also backed the kickstarter and has those same images.

Doswelk
June 13th, 2019, 21:46
From PEG's announcement from VTT Bundle: "We always recommend the fantastic and fully-integrated Fantasy Grounds software, but for those who use other services, we've created the Savage Worlds Virtual Tabletop Bundle."

Talyn
June 14th, 2019, 04:22
As noted, the VTT pack is intended for users of any other VTTs aside from Fantasy Grounds. The SWADE cards for the Adventure Deck were added last week as a free update to owners of the existing Adventure Deck DLC rather than charging for a new SWADE-only version.

llothos
June 24th, 2019, 04:51
I presume the steam version has been updated as well to have both versions like it says it should be on the FG Store?

Reading over the description on steam and doesn't really indicate that it's compatible with swade.

Doswelk
June 24th, 2019, 07:27
Unless it has been changed SWADE Adventure deck is only in Test mode right now, so I am not surprised that Steam doesn't mention it yet.

llothos
June 24th, 2019, 07:51
Unless it has been changed SWADE Adventure deck is only in Test mode right now, so I am not surprised that Steam doesn't mention it yet.

was just going by post 29 indicating it was updated. didn't see anything about being test mode, the fg store also didn't seem to reference swade either.

Ampersandrew
June 24th, 2019, 10:31
was just going by post 29 indicating it was updated. didn't see anything about being test mode, the fg store also didn't seem to reference swade either.

The developer announced that he was going to update, but not that he has. Post #29 was by someone else who has got the new cards. That person is obviously using test mode.

Talyn
June 24th, 2019, 16:03
As Doswelk stated above, the SWADE Adventure Deck is currently only available in the Test channel. Once testing is complete and feedback addressed, it will be pushed to the Live channel for all platforms. Hopefully QA will remember to update the store pages.

llothos
June 24th, 2019, 16:22
yes the dev did announce it was going to be updated but post 29 doesn't make it obvious, as you say, that they are using test mode.

"Looks like the Adventure Deck has been updated and the SWADE cards are in there now... AWESOME!"

Ikael
June 25th, 2019, 20:37
SWADE Adventure Deck was released to live few weeks ago and today card graphic quality was improved (SWADE VTT Bundle had better graphics).

I do agree that announcement was not very clear and store page should be updated to reflect this update. I will be in contact with SmiteWorks regarding these.

llothos
June 26th, 2019, 06:01
SWADE Adventure Deck was released to live few weeks ago and today card graphic quality was improved (SWADE VTT Bundle had better graphics).

I do agree that announcement was not very clear and store page should be updated to reflect this update. I will be in contact with SmiteWorks regarding these.

thank you for the confirmation that this update is live not in test as others suggested. now that the summer sale is here will likely be picking this up along with the swade core.