PDA

View Full Version : Data Module Activation organization

james10872
March 7th, 2019, 00:31
I was hoping someone had a solution for the issue I'm having. So between the Fantasy Grounds store mods, DMs Guild and Community made stuff the amount of modules I have is getting out of hand. Is there any way to organizer the Data Module Activation page better? Ideally I'd love folders where I could choose to place different mods. A folder for the Rob2e stuff, Player mods, monster mods, adventures, etc. If I could bring it to the next level I'd even have a function to load everything within a certain folder.

Thanks

Zacchaeus
March 7th, 2019, 00:35
Hi James, welcome to FG.

Nope, all modules are contained in on folder. Use the filters at the bottom of the window to narrow down what you want to view.

james10872
March 7th, 2019, 00:49
Is there anyway to change the display name of mods?

Zacchaeus
March 7th, 2019, 00:58
If you are able to access them yes.

Make a copy of the module and rename the it from .mod to .zip. Unzip it and open the definition.xml file. Change the name in the name line. Save the file and then select all the files (not the top folder) and zip it back up. Rename the zip file to the same name you put in the definition file and change the .zip back to .mod.

Note doing this will break any links links to the module.

james10872
March 7th, 2019, 01:04
Thanks

Moon Wizard
March 7th, 2019, 15:37
If you add/change a separate “displayname” tag in the definition.xml (instead of changing the name tag), then it won’t break links, but will change the name shown in the Module Activation and Library windows.

Regards,
JPG

Trenloe
March 7th, 2019, 16:29
Info on module names here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Campaign_and_Module_Data_File_Overview#Module_Defi nition_File_Structure

ddavison
March 7th, 2019, 16:34
Please note that changing the modules for store bought stuff may have other issues if we send down updates.