PDA

View Full Version : New 5e DM LF group Saturday March 9th 11AM EST

destructi6n
March 5th, 2019, 12:22
Hi,

I'm a new DM and looking to get 2-3 PCs to play Lost Mine of Phandelver. Players would need to bring level 1 characters (trust system). I'm new to DMing and FG, but have read the PHB and the story through. Players can choose any of the classes/races in the PHB. I'm also new to FG.

The session would ideally be between 11AM and 5PM EST. Voice would be through discord.

I feel confident about using FG, and I know itll be a fun first session. Following sessions would be scheduled via availability polls (my schedule is a little borked).

New players are welcome (I've got an ultimate license, so free players are welcome as well!), and I can go through character creation today and Thursday for those who need it. Or a few hours before the session.

Please let me know if interested.

Thanks,
DM Dylan

Lemonjelly
March 6th, 2019, 21:47
Hi,

I'm a rookie player who's new to FG (and discord); I'm interested in joining your group. I've made characters before but I'm trying to figure out FG's system (I have a demo license), so I might need some time on Thursday or before the session to figure it out.

Editing to add:
Saturdays at the posted time work with my schedule; late sessions during the week would be tough, because I work Monday through Friday and have to wake up early (~5 AM EST).

I think I've figured out the character creation on Fantasy Grounds, and I've made an account on Discord just in case.

I have a few questions about how you plan to run the campaign, but I can ask them through PMs once I know if I'm part of the group.

BubblesDaClown
March 7th, 2019, 02:17
I'd be willing to do it on Saturday. Week days are bad for me now.

I have ultimate but I'll probably need to update.

I'll sign up for discord just to be ready. Used Skype previously.

I've created characters before. But it's been a while.

Are you looking for any specific alignment or anything?

Also not sure what the trust system is but I'll just set up the character using default rules in pub.

Let me know if I'm in.

Lemonjelly
March 7th, 2019, 03:44
Also not sure what the trust system is but I'll just set up the character using default rules in pub.

I think it means the DM is trusting players to not cheat and make a character with improbably high/impossible stats. A level 1 character with all 18s for stats is technically possible if you roll for them (though REALLY unlikely, and impossible through point-buy), but a level 1 wizard with 20hp is not. Same kind of thing for starting gear and such.

BubblesDaClown
March 7th, 2019, 03:56
K I was going to do point buy anyways

MrEpicDwarf
March 7th, 2019, 19:53
I wouldn't mind joining if you will have me. I am experienced with DnD but have never really played the starter adventure, so should be interesting.

Though if you already reaching max amount of players, do take a noob as priority and not me.

wildbob
March 19th, 2019, 04:47
Obviously too late to join.. How'd the game go? I just got FG, haven't played D&D since the 80's, but wanting to get in a game. Gimme a shout next time you're putting a game together if you're accepting FG noobs.