PDA

View Full Version : Licence is showing as player even though I have ultimate

Morgentaler
March 4th, 2019, 23:05
Greetings, I've recently changed computers.

I've reinstalled Fantasy Grounds via steam. Reinserted both my standard licence and ultimate. Restored my purchases with my account that's linked to steam..update the client..transfered my previous data folder from my old computer. FG is showing as Player version. Unable to create game or load previous campaigns..

Am I missing something?

Trenloe
March 4th, 2019, 23:07
Don't put both licenses in - just your Ultimate in the top license key field. The instructions under the fields mention this: "Ultimate upgrade/DLC keys go in the primary license key field"

Morgentaler
March 4th, 2019, 23:09
Did that at first..corrected it. Issue still present

Trenloe
March 4th, 2019, 23:10
What exact version is FG showing in the top right corner of the main start screen?

Trenloe
March 4th, 2019, 23:11
Assuming you've ran a new update after putting the correct key in the top license field?

Morgentaler
March 4th, 2019, 23:16
@trenloe yes I did.. and it's showing version 3.3.7 Player
As I mentioned on Discord with Damned..it's fetching my downloads/purchases no problem. The account is sychned correctly. Just the licence is causing issues

Trenloe
March 4th, 2019, 23:29
@trenloe yes I did.. and it's showing version 3.3.7 Player
As I mentioned on Discord with Damned..it's fetching my downloads/purchases no problem. The account is sychned correctly. Just the licence is causing issues
The license is not linked to your account, it is purely the license key.

If it says "Player" then you have entered an old "lite" license at some point.

I'd recommend this:
1) Make sure the two license fields are completely empty. Then run an update. This will change the install to "v3.3.7 FREE".
2) Now enter your ultimate license in the top field of the settings window only.

If it is still showing "v3.3.7 Player" after running an update in step #1, then there is an old license key stuck in your setup. Close FG completely and using Windows regedit, go to the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Fantasy Grounds section and clear any license key fields. Then start FG, check there are no license keys in the settings window and do an update - see if this takes you to "v3.3.7 FREE" - if so, then follow step #2 above.

Morgentaler
March 4th, 2019, 23:43
Thanks Trenloe. Registry Key worked.