PDA

View Full Version : Player Looking For One/Two Others To Hire GM For PBP!

Septembersister
March 4th, 2019, 03:33
Hello, I apologize if this is not the appropriate place to put such an ad; if it is I would appreciate someone pointing me to the proper direction! I have had yet another game flop on me right from launch! I have an extensive history of joining games with vanishing GMs! And I'm fed up!

I took some time to think and have come to the realization that perhaps the spirit of capitalism would be sufficient to keep a stable GM to a game's end! I am looking for one or two others who are inclined to agree and will join me in paying a GM to run our PbP adventures to ensure completed, thorough, games that reach THE END! IDC if that means TPK or all the characters retire! But a clear and agreed upon finale!

To be very clear, each of us would pay the GM our portion of the agreed amount separately. I am truly looking to make a small group of like minded persons to join me so I may feel a sense of trust, ease and FUN in my table top adventures once again!

There are many APs, systems, and worlds I want to explore, not simply make characters for time and time again!

I do not know how many people will respond, but below I will list some questions (with my answers) to see if we are a general good match! There will be no contracts or anything official about our arrangement. I must open arms in trust and good faith for my fellow players (I can safely assume a GM will stay for money).

There would be many details to discuss and hammer out, but that would best be done with all of us together to figure it out in what we want from a GM, want to do, etc.

If you are going to reply, please answer these questions!

1. Are you comfortable, able and willing to pay between $13-$25 (depending if it's a 2 person or 3 person split and how much we pay the GM) per month for sustainable content?

A. Yes I am! With a long role playing career of mostly flops, I'm tired of searching for the needle in the haystack!

2. Are you comfortable doing so for long term? (Seeing APs out to the end for example could take...months or more!)

A. Yes! I would love to explore things to the end of the APs! I've only been able to once! I want more, many more experiences like this!

3. How long have you been partaking in PbP table top RP?

A. My exact first time isn't coming to me right now, but I would say at least four years. With many prior years of role playing, writing and storytelling in general.

4. Are you comfortable with mature themes in the narratives from the GM or fellow players? This may included all forms of discrimination, violence, abuse, drug use, etc.

A. Yes! I love freedom in storytelling. Though I do think some things can be gratuitous if lacking finesse in plot.

5. Are you comfortable with LGBT characters and themes in the adventures?

A. As someone who wishes to explore LGBT themes, I am absolutely! Though I'm not looking for some fantasy world of all queerness only!

6. Are you comfortable with or wanting to use homebrew/third-party content?

A. I'm not necessarily looking to use it at first, but I'm open minded to it! Would be fun to play with potentially.

7. Are you comfortable with using different systems to explore worlds (For example, Forgotten Realms with 5e or Sharowrun with Hero system)?

A. I can't guarantee I'll know them all but I'm open to learning them if I understand why they may be better or more enjoyable to use for the group!

8. Sci-fi or fantasy?

A.I like both! Ideally I'd want to do a Shadowrun game down the road, but for now I'd prefer Pathfrinder or a 5e D&D game first!

9. What is a pet peeve you have regarding a fellow player's behavior?

A. Players who won't acknowledge all the details of other characters be they PCs or NPCs! I don't like when players try to glide over the work others have made with the characters interacting with them, especially if it's mood breaking!

10. What is a pet peeve you have regarding a GM's behavior?

A. GMs who don't give any wiggle room for 'rule of cool' or allow any outside the box thinking for a setting!

RunningHill
March 4th, 2019, 07:52
I find fantasy grounds not be very good for play-by-post (pbp) but have hade some luck with https://www.myth-weavers.com/
Played and GMed there for several years before finding out that VTT is more fun! But sometimes hard to find a group who has the same timeslot as oneself.
Good luck!

Septembersister
March 4th, 2019, 16:54
Thank you RunningHill! Unfortunately they don't like discussion of anything paid! :)

damned
March 4th, 2019, 22:50
https://www.tavern-keeper.com/home is another good PbP site.

Septembersister
March 5th, 2019, 08:13
Hey thanks! I'll check it out!

Bufnitza
March 5th, 2019, 12:40
Hey there Septembersister!

I'm a newcomer to DMing but I want to start some long-term campaigns for official D&D 5e soon (mid-month). I don't have all the details yet about the schedule (although it's likely to be a weekly 4-6 hours session starting around 7PM UTC).
As I'm new to 5e and DMing, I'll start with Lost Mines of Phandelver, followed by Storm King's Thunder, with the possibility to carry-over the character (LMoP is lvl 1-5 and SKT can either start at lvl 1 or lvl 5). From there the group will probably decide on the next adventure based on some of the hooks I will place throughout the SKT campaign.

If you're willing to give it another shot before going pay-to-play and you don't mind a DM who's learning the ropes but fits quite neatly with your personality (given the answers I read in your post), then I can save you a spot on the campaign (2 slots are already reserved).

Septembersister
March 6th, 2019, 00:17
Hey there Septembersister!

I'm a newcomer to DMing but I want to start some long-term campaigns for official D&D 5e soon (mid-month). I don't have all the details yet about the schedule (although it's likely to be a weekly 4-6 hours session starting around 7PM UTC).
As I'm new to 5e and DMing, I'll start with Lost Mines of Phandelver, followed by Storm King's Thunder, with the possibility to carry-over the character (LMoP is lvl 1-5 and SKT can either start at lvl 1 or lvl 5). From there the group will probably decide on the next adventure based on some of the hooks I will place throughout the SKT campaign.

If you're willing to give it another shot before going pay-to-play and you don't mind a DM who's learning the ropes but fits quite neatly with your personality (given the answers I read in your post), then I can save you a spot on the campaign (2 slots are already reserved).

First off I love your guild wars icon! (Is that right?) but I don’t have a lifestyle that can engage in sit down sessions, which is why I am looking for Post-by-Post gaming!

I think it was sweet of you to post, you seem eager about what you do! Please just remember that we are a social species and our actions have consequences on each other, please stay an active, communicating, and engaging DM and you will help so many people feel creatively and individually acknowledged! I really hope you have a wonderful time with your campaign!

Bufnitza
March 6th, 2019, 15:23
First off I love your guild wars icon! (Is that right?) but I don’t have a lifestyle that can engage in sit down sessions, which is why I am looking for Post-by-Post gaming!

I think it was sweet of you to post, you seem eager about what you do! Please just remember that we are a social species and our actions have consequences on each other, please stay an active, communicating, and engaging DM and you will help so many people feel creatively and individually acknowledged! I really hope you have a wonderful time with your campaign!

Thank you! Yes, it's the ranger from guild wars, very astute observation, I'm impressed!

I understand your situation and indeed, I missed the point of PbP in your original post. Good luck and don't lose hope, I'm sure you'll find something suitable eventually :)