PDA

View Full Version : Drag and Drop Question

sloejack
August 24th, 2006, 19:17
After reading through the helpful ruleset howto I'm still left with a question that I have been unable to find an answer to.

Is there a way pre 2.0 to be able to drag and drop items and spells from the rulebook onto a character sheet? I'm assuming that with 2.0 I'll be able to write a lua bit to do this, but since that's not currently available I'm trying to explore my options.

As a secondary question, I'm wondering if the items listed in my spell list or inventory could be linked to their appropriate data in the rulebook to click on and spawn spell and item info windows.

If I've missed the discussion on this, please feel free to point me to it.

richvalle
August 24th, 2006, 20:06
You can drag spells onto the spell page and they will show up there. They do not however form links back to that spell. :( I really wish they did.

Just open up the spell listing for the right class (cleric, wizard, ect) and then drag and drop the spells onto the page under the spells tab.

rv

sloejack
August 24th, 2006, 20:17
You're right, I had forgotten about the spell part, I think my primary wish was equipment and the linking back to object data. Thanks for the reply.

richvalle
August 24th, 2006, 20:49
No problem.

I've never used Items probably because, as you say, they don't seem to link back or drag and drop and so I never really saw the point.

Does anyone use the Items? How so and how well does it work?

rv