PDA

View Full Version : Serial number Problems whit reinstall of Fantasy Grounds

Masbrack
March 3rd, 2019, 13:28
Hello,
Here I have a big problem with the reinstallation of Fantasy Ground on my new PC. I have just changed my laptop. I have an Ultimate license that I pay every month and so far I have never had any problems but when I want to reinstall Fantasy Ground the software tells me that my license is invalid, though I did check it well retouched I do not understand what is happening. I bought many extensions and I would like not to lose everything because it represents a lot of money ....
Someone to help me? Quite quickly because as a fact on purpose I will need it quickly ....

Myrdin Potter
March 3rd, 2019, 14:00
Normally this is because of an error in keying in the code or putting it into the wrong field. Sometimes it is potentially an error in your user id (you pay lots of attention to the code and make a mistake in the userid).

You have a subscription and did not cancel it?

Zacchaeus
March 3rd, 2019, 14:01
Make absolutely sure that you have the correct license key (you should be able to check it from your purchase history on the store). Enter the key only in the top box of settings and make sure that there are no extra spaces either before or after the key. Make sure also that you have entered the correct username and password in settings under manage purchases.

LordEntrails
March 3rd, 2019, 16:20
Be aware that if you cut/paste your user key their will often be an extra space at the end. Make sure you did not include that extra space. Try manually entering the key.

Trenloe
March 3rd, 2019, 16:52
Make sure you're using the right license key - especially if you bought on Steam. It will be in the format AAAAA-BBBBB-CCCCC-DDDDD-EEEEE five sets of five alphanumeric codes, separated by minus signs, no spaces anywhere (beginning, end or in the code itself).

Masbrack
March 4th, 2019, 08:35
Hello,
thank you for your differnetes answers that seems to work but now I have a new problem, when I start Fantasy Grounds I receive the following message:
"Ruleset launcher Error not allowed to load rulsets file (xml database)
Do you want to try to reload the data:
Yes No "
when I choose yes he always sends me the message.
Has anyone come across this problem before ?

Thank you for the help

Zacchaeus
March 4th, 2019, 09:19
It means that something hasn't downloaded and installed properly.

Make sure that where FG is installing you data is a place where you have full read/write permissions. You could try deleting the CoreRPG.pak file from the rulesets folder. But some further information would be useful; like what ruleset are you trying to use? Does your install.log file show any errors? Did everything you bought install when you installed?

edem
March 4th, 2019, 11:18
make sure that there are no extra spaces either before or after the key.

This. Always this. Any time I need to reinstall FG, this. It would be way easier by the way, if
- the licence key wouldn't be obfuscated - an extra space appears as an *, same as any other key, and it's very hard to count how many *s are entered
- since the licence key cannot contain spaces, a simple trim on the key would also be helpful.

I mean, can you please tell me if I have an extra space before or after the key?

Trenloe
March 4th, 2019, 14:47
This. Always this. Any time I need to reinstall FG, this. It would be way easier by the way, if
- the licence key wouldn't be obfuscated - an extra space appears as an *, same as any other key, and it's very hard to count how many *s are entered
- since the licence key cannot contain spaces, a simple trim on the key would also be helpful.

I mean, can you please tell me if I have an extra space before or after the key?
To double check your key before copying into the license key field, open a text editor (Notepad for example) and copy the text of the license key into there - highlight the text to make sure you don't have extra spaces, then copy/paste just the text into your FG license field.

But, yes, I get what you're saying - removal of leading and trailing spaces would be helpful.

edem
March 4th, 2019, 15:38
To double check your key before copying into the license key field, open a text editor (Notepad for example) and copy the text of the license key into there - highlight the text to make sure you don't have extra spaces, then copy/paste just the text into your FG license field.

But, yes, I get what you're saying - removal of leading and trailing spaces would be helpful.
Oh, there was one time when I did the copypaste to TextEdit (mac user here), and I didn't see any extra spaces, because it wasn't an extra space - it was a line break character, actually...