PDA

View Full Version : How do I setup FG Ultimate License on different computer permanently?

paladiusdarkhelm
March 2nd, 2019, 17:20
I have a FG Ultimate license installed on my desktop PC. I was remoting in with my laptop and running the game from the desktop, since it has more horsepower. Then I recently went down the rabbithole of trying to get DOE: Sound + purchased GMs Guild sound modules + Syrinescape + Discord + Voicemeter Banana and virtual cables to work. Long story short, I can get it to work fine locally. But, I can't get this working through a remote desktop connection, due to remote audio limitations and Syrinescape's window resize fail/crashing.

So, I started setting up FG on my laptop directly in prep for a game I am running tonight. I installed FG on my laptop. I copied all my appdata\fantasy grounds folder info from my desktop to my laptop instance. I shutdown the fantasy grounds instances running on my desktop. I deleted the license key from my Desktop instance and ran the updater so it is now displaying a "Free" edition. Then I added the ultimate license key to my new laptop instance and ran the updater.

When I start on the laptop, however, it shows the window for a player. If I run the option to run my previous campaigns as demo campaigns, they are all there. How do I resolve this so that I get it to recognize my ultimate license?

Halfront
March 2nd, 2019, 17:26
If you go to your settings on the splash page for FG does your license show up top? If not then that's your issue. Re-enter your FG license as just copying a campaign folder does not copy the license I believe.

paladiusdarkhelm
March 2nd, 2019, 17:27
You mean the splash page I am showing in the attachment above as "Laptop_Player?" If so, it shows as player even though I have my Ultimate key copied into this new Laptop instance.

Zacchaeus
March 2nd, 2019, 17:32
Player is an old deprecated license type. It looks therefore like you have entered an old key rather than your ultimate license key. You can find you key for in the store page under order history or if you bought from steam from the CDKey menu item on the right hand side of the steam page with Fg selected.

paladiusdarkhelm
March 2nd, 2019, 17:38
I copied in the one from my original email with my Ultimate License in the purchase. It matches the one in the store after viewing details on my old order. I tried repasting that one in nonetheless but it still shows as Player like in my image.

Are there known issues with a "copy paste" (does it need to be typed in)? You include the dashes, right ("-")?

LordEntrails
March 2nd, 2019, 17:49
Copy/paste often will include a space at the end of anything it copies. This is a Windows thing and if you pay close attention when you copy you can see this. And if instead of double clicking to select the key/word and instead you shift and arrows to only select the key/word you will not get the trailing space when you paste.

Or you know, just manually enter it if you are having problems.

Xemit
March 2nd, 2019, 18:12
Also, run an update after changing the licensing info.

paladiusdarkhelm
March 2nd, 2019, 18:16
Even after typing it straight in, it still only saw it as "Player." I've saved my copied data so it doesn't get deleted, just in case. I'm uninstalling/reinstalling fantasy grounds. It is redownloading everything over the updater. After it is finished, I'll copy in anything from my campaigns, characters, extensions, modules, portraits, ruleset, and tokens, but tell it to NOT overwrite anything already freshly downloaded that it finds, just in case.

Hopefully, this works.

paladiusdarkhelm
March 2nd, 2019, 18:16
Also, run an update after changing the licensing info.

Thank you. I've run the update each time after changing it to no avail.

paladiusdarkhelm
March 2nd, 2019, 18:38
Even after typing it straight in, it still only saw it as "Player." I've saved my copied data so it doesn't get deleted, just in case. I'm uninstalling/reinstalling fantasy grounds. It is redownloading everything over the updater. After it is finished, I'll copy in anything from my campaigns, characters, extensions, modules, portraits, ruleset, and tokens, but tell it to NOT overwrite anything already freshly downloaded that it finds, just in case.

Hopefully, this works.

That did it. Before starting to recopy all my data folders in, I validated it opened up using the Ultimate License and is now showing it.

Zacchaeus
March 2nd, 2019, 18:41
Go into settings, make sure your key is only in the top box. Delete your username and click update. Re-enter your username and password.

If that doesn't work I think you are going to have to send an email to [email protected] to help clear it up.