PDA

View Full Version : Familiar in FG

Volker
March 2nd, 2019, 01:54
Hello,

how can i create a familiar for 5e in FG?

Thank you

LordEntrails
March 2nd, 2019, 02:07
How would you do it with pencil and paper at a table?

You can do it the same way in FG. Do you want a note on the character sheet? Do you want a character sheet or an NPC record? Do you want a token for it?

Generally, in my games at least, a familiar doesn't get involved in combat, so I don't make a sheet for it or give it a token. But you can if you want.

LordNova2
March 2nd, 2019, 03:20
Make a copy of the NPC sheet that best represents the familiar for your player(s) and give them access to the copy. It may be helpful to make a link to their NPC/familiar in a note or story sheet that the player(s) have access to.

Zacchaeus
March 2nd, 2019, 10:44
You would want to give the PC control of the NPC sheet for the familiar. Details on how exactly to do that in this video. (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?43513-Video-Giving-player-control-of-an-NPC&p=387176#post387176) By doing this the player then has control of the familiars token, can move them around, make attack and damage rolls etc. This is especially important for things like sending the familiar off to investigate areas or make spell attacks through etc.

Volker
March 7th, 2019, 17:52
Thank you, i have added the npc link to a story note they can access.

Volker
March 7th, 2019, 17:52
Once again you have saved my hide Zacchaeus :D