PDA

View Full Version : Question about modules

Ckorik
March 1st, 2019, 16:45
So I'm curious - if I convert a Pathfinder AP myself - using whatever resources I have (when I started I wasn't aware of the need to duplicate *everything*) - but I wanted to make it into a module so I could 'close it' when I'm done with it and open a different adventure.... would all the links to paid content still work (for my own use) considering that I own them all - or is this a case that once I 'module' the stuff it will all break unless I take time to go back and fix things?

I learned quite a bit about how to do this correctly from the effort - I'm just curious how best to use this going forward.

Trenloe
March 1st, 2019, 16:48
Links will work the same in a module as they would in a campaign - as long as the target of the link doesn't change. If it's a link to commercial products, that shouldn't change in the end product so you should be OK. If you link to something within the campaign you use to create your module, you'll need to export those records into the module as well - assuming you plan to use the module in another campaign, which is a good idea, keep a campaign to only make your module and then load that module in a separate campaign to actually play.

Ckorik
March 1st, 2019, 16:56
assuming you plan to use the module in another campaign, which is a good idea, keep a campaign to only make your module and then load that module in a separate campaign to actually play.

Right - so if I link from 'core rules' and it won't break if I make it a module assuming 'core rules' is loaded on the 'new' campaign - that way I can keep all the art and such separate... that's what I was hoping.

LordEntrails
March 1st, 2019, 17:11
Note that is your module has a link to a core book (say an item), then that core book needs to be loaded in order for the link to work. Otherwise you will get an error message.

The exception to this rule is tokens. A token module does not need to be loaded in order for the token to be accessed.