PDA

View Full Version : EU Players LFG - [GMT]/[UTC] +/- 0-3 hours.

Galbadine
March 1st, 2019, 14:35
Hi, this thread is for players, and GM's looking for players, who are going to be available in the European Timezones.

If you're a GM, I would recommend you PM some players on this list, as they will get a notification when you do. Although feel free to post an open invitation to PM you, please leave as much detail as you can, including game system, times the game is expected to run (eg 18:00 - 22:00 every Friday [GMT +1]), number of players you would like, and a general flavour of the game (eg 60% combat, 40% Social, Sword Coast adventure, Homebrew).
Thanks!

If you're a player, could you please fill out the questions below, they are designed to get all the information a GM would need in one place. And speaking as a GM I just ignore players who cant follow simple instructions, as what chance do I have of getting them to listen in my game? So it's in everyone's best interest to make things clear and simple.

Fantasy Grounds License:
Time Zone:
Availability (Days & Times):
Communications (Voice software, text, video etc):
Fantasy Grounds Experience:
Game System(s) Preferred (D&D 3.5e, GURPS etc):
Game System(s) Experience:
Character(s) (what you'd ideally like to play, in no more than 5 lines):
What would motivate your character to adventure? (Hiding, thrill seeker, etc):
About me (Other relevant information. eg You're happy to play any character/system, GM experience etc):

Galbadine
March 1st, 2019, 14:55
Fantasy Grounds License: Ultimate.
Time Zone: GMT/UTC
Availability (Days & Times): Any day except Sunday. 18:00 - 00:00.
Communications (Voice software, text, video etc): Any. Discord preferred.
Fantasy Grounds Experience: Moderately new, I run a game on FG on Sundays, no player experience.
Game System(s) Preferred (D&D 3.5e, GURPS etc): D&D5e, Any D&D, Mutants and Masterminds, Shadowrun, World of Darkness. Then pretty much anything.
Game System(s) Experience: Extensive D&D5e (since release), Extensive D&D 3-3.75 (6+ years), Extensive World of Darkness (4 years, non-current editions), some experience with other mentioned systems.
Character(s) (what you'd ideally like to play, in no more than 5 lines): New Artificer (UA), party support inventor, human or gnome, driven to discover new and rare elements for his experiments.
OR
Monk/Druid, scout and damage, human, elf or kenku, former servant of a dark master fighting to discover himself.
What would motivate your character to adventure? (Hiding, thrill seeker, etc): Information and discovery, new opportunities, a little pay would be nice, but revelations come first.

About me (Other relevant information. eg You're happy to play any character/system, GM experience etc):

I have over 15 years experience playing and GMing RPGs, I particularly like D&D and WoD, but have some experience with other games and systems. I like creating characters and can min/max with the best of them but I prefer to play more intelligently driven games, where a clever solution will out-perform a the best stats. I'll more than happily play any character the story needs.
I tend to play characters that avoid combat through cunning, or triumph before combat breaks out, such as control wizards, cunning bards, ambush rogues and diplomatic clerics. I favour magic, as it lends itself to greater creativity, but in games and systems that allow for great creativity without magic I am more flexible. (D&D5e, Shadowrun, M&M, etc)

EDIT: I have found a campaign, and am no longer looking. Thank you!

Arwarkr
March 1st, 2019, 15:13
Seeing how there's a couple of us in the same boat, this thread was a pretty good idea. Thanks for posting it!

FG License: Standard
Time Zone: GMT+1
Availability: Tuesdays through Thursdays, starting from 19:00 (18:00 UTC)
Communications (Voice software, text, video etc): Discord preferred

Fantasy Grounds Experience: I'm new to FG, but I have the basics mostly figured out at this point.
Game System Experience: I spent a bit of time playing 3.5E back in the day, and have recently gotten the urge to play again. So far I have DMed a couple of sessions (in person) for a group of friends (using FG at the table). I'd say I have a decent grasp of the core mechanics, though I don't know everything just yet.

Character(s): I played a ranger and a druid in 3.5E, so this time around I'd like to try something more melee-oriented.
What would motivate your character to adventure? (Hiding, thrill seeker, etc): Too hard to say without a final character in mind.

About me: While I enjoy being a DM so far, I unfortunately don't see myself being able to put in the time to DM for a second group right now. On the flip side of that, I wouldn't mind providing some relief for the regular GM by means of hosting the occasional one-shot (if my schedule permits it).

cover me!
March 1st, 2019, 22:24
Hey all, I'm keen on this. When I have some time later I will post properly, cheese

Bufnitza
March 2nd, 2019, 00:42
Availability: Any day of the week, 19:00 onwards (18:00 GMT)
Communications: Voice/video, Zoom or Discord preferred.
Fantasy Grounds Experience: New to FG
Game System Preferred: D&D 5e
Game System Experience: Novice, taking first steps into 5e, although I had played for a couple of years in the early '00s, so there's some residual knowledge from then.
Game Type Preferred: A mix of roleplay and combat.
Characters: Would love to try a Ranger. Alternatively, I'd also go with Warlock.
What would motivate your character to adventure? I have a couple of backstories thought through. One option would be a "fate change" type of character, where as a common folk child they suffer great trauma and end up in a mystic circle (either related to rangers or warlocks) and after a great deal, their mentor goes missing while on pilgrimage and they embark on a quest to find him, but don't know where to start looking and somehow stumble inside the beginning of the campaign. Another option would be something like a mysterious curse cast upon them and they need to leave their loved ones behind so that the curse and its effects don't afflict them, going on a grand quest to lift the said curse.
About me: Not much to say given my experience. I'd like to stick to 5e, looking for long-term commitment on a campaign (or two), although I do have a small baby so there might be times when a 15-20 minute unexpected break would be needed. But I try to keep them to a minimum. I care a great deal about immersion so while I do not mind the occasional OOC remark, OOC chatter is a turn-off for me. Oh, I love to improvise! Most importantly, looking for people who want to have a good time!

RunningHill
March 2nd, 2019, 07:58
Another Eurogamer unite thread :-)

Availability (Days & Times): Not mondays or saturdays. Otherwise weekdays 18:00 - 22:00ish, sunday all day.
Communications (Voice software, text, video etc): Voice or video
Fantasy Grounds Experience: Playing for a year, GM half a year.
Game System(s) Preferred (D&D 3.5e, GURPS etc): D&D5e
Game System(s) Experience: D&D5e, Rolemaster, Chill, Kult, Mutant, Star Wars, Mutans and masterminds... and some others
Character(s) Don't have a class I want to play. More concepts of stories. Like a follower of Asmodeus but as a good guy, the old drunk who once was a great hero and now just a wreck but with the aid of others relearns his old skills.
What would motivate your character to adventure? What would depend on the characters. For example the follower of Asmodeus will want to find riches and magic items to support his temple. Because money is often a reason to sell your soul. And magic items is needed in the war agains demons.
The old hero would not leave his bottle if it wasn't for another char needed his help or believed in him.

About me:
Started playing as a kid, now 48ish. Have had some major non-playing parts in my life but now with online games and a daughter who wants to play I expect to play more often now. Prefer 5e as dont have much time to invest in learning other system or worlds. I like then the chars have a place in the world and not just a generic backstory. As GM I tend to use backstories to flesh out the campaign even if it's a bought adventure. Not a fan of min-maxing, one reason is that as a GM it reduces my options to reward the players. If you already have max stats, what fun is it to get an item with +1 to that stat?

Drizzard
March 2nd, 2019, 16:57
FG License: Paid
Time Zone: GMT+1/UTC+1, Europe, Amsterdam
Day(s) of week, frequency, and time: Wednesdays, thursdays, fridays and saturdays.
Term: Long term.
Voice: Voice chat / webcam all software OK.

Fantasy Grounds Experience: Intermediate FG experience.
Game System Experience: Intermediate 5e experience.
Game System Preferred: D&D 5e only.
Game Type Preferred: Healthy mix between roleplay and combat.
Character Type Preferred: Open minded.

About me: I'm a Dutch gamer with a passion for Dungeons & Dragons and fantasy of all kind. I read a lot of books and have a part-time job. I have plenty of time on my hands for regular games, and the more often I have games, the better as far as I am concerned.

Corvacks
March 2nd, 2019, 22:23
Time Zone: GMT
Day(s) of week, frequency, and time: Fridays from 20:00 some weekends
Term: Long term.
Voice: Discord preferred

Fantasy Grounds Experience: None
Game System Experience: Intermediate 5e experience.
Game System Preferred: D&D 5e only.
Game Type Preferred: Healthy mix between roleplay and combat.
Character Type Preferred: Open minded. Prefer playing Casters, but will play anything

About me:I am an english gamer, i love fantasy and I get on with most people.

thorf1212
March 2nd, 2019, 22:29
fg license: demo
time zone: GMT
day: some weekends for playing
term: IDC
voice: can't talk but can chat through messages

Fantasy Ground Experience: none
Game System Experience: homebrew
Game system preferred: don't care
game type preferred: mix between roleplay and combat
character type preferred: play elemental mage

about me: I am English, I like fantasy and like meeting new people

Scrooge Zero
March 4th, 2019, 13:14
Fantasy Grounds License: DEMO
Availability (Days & Times): Sun (20:00+), Tue (20:00+), Thu (20:00+)
Communications (Voice software, text, video etc): Discort, Skype... Basically whatever voicechat
Fantasy Grounds Experience: Rather new, but I played a campaigh here already so I know everything important.
Game System(s) Preferred (D&D 3.5e, GURPS etc): 5e
Game System(s) Experience: Currently at my fourth campaign in 5e.
Character(s) (what you'd ideally like to play, in no more than 5 lines): I prefer rogues above all others, but I like to try out new manipulative clases, like Ilusionist, Valor Bard and such. As being fairly new to the game (2 year of experience) I will like to try out anything that would be needed.
What would motivate your character to adventure? (Hiding, thrill seeker, etc): Most probably looking for something, be it thrill or certain lost knowledge.
About me (Other relevant information. eg You're happy to play any character/system, GM experience etc): As I said above, I am happy to play any character. I have tiny (but fairly succesful) GM experience. Would love to run multiple short campaigns back-to-back to try out more character concepts that I have stored, but will be happy If we stick to one.

Tabatha
March 5th, 2019, 09:08
Hi, I'm new to fantasy grounds and still testing how things work out.

Fantasy Grounds License: ultimate
Availability (Days & Times): weekdays 19-22, Friday longer, Saturday all day
Communications (Voice software, text, video etc): voice and text ok, I don't own a webcam
Fantasy Grounds Experience: new to fantasy grounds
Game System(s) Preferred (D&D 3.5e, GURPS etc): d&d 5E / 3.5
Game System(s) Experience: just started with 5e, started with AD&D (yes, this old) and played up to 3.5 and DMed 3.5 myself.
Since other systems on the way, but nothing enough to remember the rules.
Paused (due to circumstances) playing roughly 7 years ago but missed it the whole time.
Character(s) (what you'd ideally like to play, in no more than 5 lines): I'm flexible, I liked to play melee in 3.5 but in 5 the spellcasters are interesting too.
What would motivate your character to adventure? (Hiding, thrill seeker, etc): that depends on the setting, I had the orphan seeking gold and glory; the missionary that travels to spread the word of her god; a simple thief that was framed for a crime and fled and someone that was outcast from her tribe because of her abilities.
About me (Other relevant information. eg You're happy to play any character/system, GM experience etc): ok, partly answered in the other questions.
I played with three wonderful groups at the table. One fell apart because of children.
The second due to several people moving away and the third I needed to leave after I changed jobs.
I never found a group that stayed together after that and therefore I started to search online.
I DMed for a year with the 3.5E.
Started with 5 in January.

Due to me needing to get up ridiculous early I'm not able to find a group (roughly my age) to play at the table, and I'm not comfortable to sit with a group of teenagers. (Online that's no problem, but in real life that makes me feel like a creeper).

TalviraFx
March 6th, 2019, 20:21
Fantasy Grounds License: Ultimate
Availability (Days & Times): Wednesday/Thursday/Sunday between 18:00 and 23:00. Could go a bit longer, but will need to limit talking after 23:00.
Communications (Voice software, text, video etc): Voice only. I prefer Discord, but others are fine.
Fantasy Grounds Experience: Fairly new, but I am fairly confident in my abilities. I recently migrated my homebrew campaign over from Roll20.
Game System(s) Preferred (D&D 3.5e, GURPS etc): 5E
Game System(s) Experience: D&D 5E
Character(s) (what you'd ideally like to play, in no more than 5 lines): I'm flexible and have no preference. As a forever-DM any chance to be a player is a chance to try something new!
What would motivate your character to adventure? (Hiding, thrill seeker, etc): I'd say fame and fortune would be a good one. Depending on the campaign setting and character story/background simply becoming a hero and savior of the people would work.
I have been playing D&D for about 4 years now. I started out in a small campaign that we would play once every few months. This led me to becoming a DM for a group of friends.
We have recently finished one campaign that lasted 2 years, and moved over to FG from Roll20 for our new campaign.
I do play as a player sometimes, but mainly oneshots. So never had much time to really flesh out a character.
So I am very flexible when it comes to classes/roles to play. I know them all, but only played 1% of them.

If at all relevant, I am 30 years old, male, living in Belgium.
I work in IT which does require me to be on standby sometimes. What this means: I may get a phone call which will require me to resolve some urgent issue. It's as rare as a Wish spell working as intended but it can happen.

Edwardou
March 8th, 2019, 12:29
Fantasy Grounds License: None at the moment, though I will be getting one for if I'm to join a campaign.
Time Zone: GMT (London, etc.)
Availability (Days & Times): Any day except monday & thursday after 6pm.
Communications (Voice software, text, video etc): Text is favorable, though I know most people don't do that. It's easier for my current situation however. But not play-by-post.
Fantasy Grounds Experience: Little to none. Though I have experience on many other tabletop roleplaying sites and systems.
Game System(s) Preferred (D&D 3.5e, GURPS etc): 5e preferred, can try to learn other systems but I'm most familiar with 5e.
Game System(s) Experience: Exclusively 5e and another simplified ttrpg system that focused more on roleplay.
Character(s) (what you'd ideally like to play, in no more than 5 lines): I'm really hoping to play a ranger or a cleric at the moment, though I'm super open to other classes. I want to give Laurel, a throwaway character that I made to get a friend through a pre-campaign, an actual storyline. I've also been itching to play cleric since I haven't played much of one before. Either that, or a Wizard, I have some character ideas I'd love to use for one.
What would motivate your character to adventure? (Hiding, thrill seeker, etc): Entirely depends on the character. I've got a few different types of characters with differing motivations, and it'd be the one that gels most with a party.
About me (Other relevant information. eg You're happy to play any character/system, GM experience etc): I love roleplay heavy games, having to get into the nitty-gritty of a character. Little to no GM experience. Happy to try to learn other systems. Really enjoying 5e so far.

Artfuldodger
March 9th, 2019, 09:50
Availability (Days & Times): Sa-Tue (19:00+)
Communications : Voice, text, possibly video // Discord, Skype, TS
Fantasy Grounds Experience: I've played a few games on here
Game System(s) Preferred : Savage Worlds, WoD, GURPS, Shadowrun. I'm open to most anything except very system based D&D
Game System(s) Experience: Savage Worlds, WoD, GURPS, Shadowrun
Character(s) : I'll play anything if I can make it interesting or give it a good backstory.
What would motivate your character to adventure? ): To be determined by the setting, the personality and the backstory
About me : I have a decent amount of GM experience as well and, for most systems, don't need a lot of extra help. So low maintenance when it comes to systems ;)

Sigyn4tw
March 9th, 2019, 22:14
Fantasy Grounds License: Standard
Availability (Days & Times): Every day (21:00+)
Communications : Voice (pref), text, // Discord (or any other)
Fantasy Grounds Experience: Never played on FG
Game System(s) Preferred : D&D 5E
Game System(s) Experience: Pathfinder, WOD.
Character(s) : I don't mind playing whatever is needed, i have some favourites tho :)
What would motivate your character to adventure?: Depends on the background, setting... etc.
About me : I'm from Spain. I've DMed a bit of PF but I'm new to D&D 5E, hoping to find a game to properly learn the system!.

Lonarandir
March 10th, 2019, 14:52
Hi there,
FG noob here looking to see what it has to offer an old-time player & DM.

Availability (Days & Times): Wednesday - Friday 18:00 - 23:00, Saturday & Sunday All day.
Communications (Voice software, text, video etc): Voice or Text.
Fantasy Grounds Experience: Noob
Game System(s) Preferred (D&D 3.5e, GURPS etc): Willing to give anything a go, but 5e prepared to learn the ropes.
Game System(s) Experience: D&D, AD&D 1st & 2nd, D&D D20, Rolemaster, Runequest, Palladium, Harnmaster, Megatraveller, Call of Cuthulu, MERP, Warhammer FRP all 20+ years ago with paper, pencil & miniatures.
Character(s) (what you'd ideally like to play, in no more than 5 lines): Typically like in your face combat characters, so roleplaying tends to be minimal except when needed. Such as in towns or dealing with non-monster NPC's. Warrior Priests/ Battle Clerics.
What would motivate your character to adventure? (Hiding, thrill seeker, etc): My characters are typically thrill seekers out looking for a fast buck. Doing things for the right reasons generally provides minimal motivation outside of whether my god would approve.

As you can see from my pencil & paper experience I was a long time ago a very active player and DM, but people grow up and move away and playing groups get smaller till there are none left. As a DM I am most experienced with AD&D 2nd Edition having run campaigns for about 10 years on and off. I also DM'd Harnmaster and MERP at times to change things up a bit for myself and players. I am happy to play any system and to play any character needed to round the group out.

Erkle
March 10th, 2019, 19:34
Fantasy Grounds License: Demo right now (I only just joined FB) happy to purchase Standard
Availability (Days & Times): 6.30-7.00pm GMT any evening is possible.
Communications (Voice software, text, video etc): Voice or video. Discord and Skype available right now
Fantasy Grounds Experience: totally new to FG but have some experience of another online platform
Game System(s) Preferred (D&D 3.5e, GURPS etc): D&D5e preferred, but open to other games too
Game System(s) Experience: Returned to my love of D&D in the last year and a half, after years away playing other systems (Cthulhu, Paranoia, Shadowrun, White Wolf/Storyteller). A local tabletop game I was in sadly came to a preparture end due to DM real-life commitments. So I'm ready for a new game!
Character(s) (what you'd ideally like to play, in no more than 5 lines): I love playing utility & support roles, especially casters. I like characters that aim to make the others better around them. I find Druid & Rogue do this and give me the most visceral connection with the environment. Also, Knowledge based characters where the DM enjoys the demands of this aspect of a game. I'm really interested to play a Knowledge Cleric.
What would motivate your character to adventure? (Hiding, thrill seeker, etc): Campaign specific. I love a good emotional hook and a drive that is shared with other characters. Not really interested in the whole solo dark secret angle.
About me (Other relevant information. eg You're happy to play any character/system, GM experience etc): I'm looking to play in a 5e game now, but have DMd in the past. I'm up for occasional one-shot DMing (5e, Cthulhu, Paranoia, Fate) to sub-in when a DM is unavailable. Ultimately I'll happily play any type of character when the gorup of people playing feels right and the character feels like it fits the setting/story/campaign. I like all phases of play and am an Actor type of player who happens to also love the mechanical cruch of rules and dice.

Galbadine
March 13th, 2019, 02:28
Bump. To keep EU players in one place for GMs to find.

If you find a group, please update your post here to say so. Keeps the list current.

Jetran
March 13th, 2019, 02:56
Fantasy Grounds License: Demo (I want to try it first before buying)
Time Zone: CET
Availability (Days & Times): Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday around 5 pm
Communications (Voice software, text, video etc): Discord, I can use/download other programs.
Fantasy Grounds Experience: None, looking to get some. I have seen a video on how to use it. (Taking 20)
Game System(s) Preferred (D&D 3.5e, GURPS etc): D&D5e, would love to try out Starfinder (though no experience or game knowledge)
Game System(s) Experience: With D&D5e a lot as DM, not as much as a player.
Character(s) (what you'd ideally like to play, in no more than 5 lines): Arthur Pendragon, Merlin has sent him to another world. Why or how he needs to find out!
What would motivate your character to adventure? (Hiding, thrill seeker, etc): Looking for places where magic is used to find Merlin, being an adventurer is the easiest way to find that flavour of trouble.
About me (Other relevant information. eg You're happy to play any character/system, GM experience etc): I have a lot of DM experience and want to have some more player experience, no one of my local players want to take the role of DM so I try to find it online. I have experience in using roll20 but looking at the prices I am thinking of going to FG. Before I do that I would like to play and get a feel of the UI before I go and buy a license/books. For DMs looking for more Starfinder players, if you are not above helping someone learn the rules, I would be very eager to play!

ClearlyDarkly
March 13th, 2019, 12:12
Availability (Days & Times): Friday and/or Saturday after 18:00GMT.
Term: Very Long Term
Communications: Voice Discord, No Video, open to text only adventures
Fantasy Grounds Experience: New to the System
Game System(s) Preferred: D&D 5th Edition
Game System(s) Experience: New to D&D 5th Edition, Half a LMoP (A Month maybe 2).
Character(s): Gloom Stalker Ranger Played as a Bounty Hunter, or a Fighter.
What would motivate your character to adventure?: Gold, Companionship.
About me:
I am Michael, a 32 year old from the lower middle area of England that's not London, i am not a fan of min/maxing mainly because my math is bad, so i would like a heavy story driven campaign with about 60/40 split RP/Battle i enjoy intrigue, puzzles/riddles.

My experience is somewhat new and i am still learning, so a group with patience would be good, i am not good with doing voices.

I am open to any brew, Home or Wizards i just want to role die. :)

Demonius
March 13th, 2019, 14:27
Availability (Days & Times): Friday and/or Saturday after 18:00GMT.
Term: Long Term
Communications: Voice Discord, TS3
Fantasy Grounds Experience: Very Little
Game System(s) Preferred: D&D 5th Edition,
Game System(s) Experience: Played some 5th edition
Character(s): DM mostly, wizard occasionally.
What would motivate your character to adventure?: Adventure, power
About me:
Old school player started D&D in early 1980s when my father brought it back from a work trip. 44 year old male from Scotland. DM'd on and off for the last 30 years. Just got into FG and thought I would look for a game.

**CURRENTLY IN A GAME**

Anselo
March 13th, 2019, 18:00
Time Zone: GMT +1 Sweden
Availability (Days & Times): Wednesdays after 5PM GMT. Mon-Thu on a unregular basis.
Communications (Voice software, text, video etc): Voice through Discord.
Fantasy Grounds Experience: Running a Symbaroum campaign right now, have not used macro stuff yet.
Game System(s) Preferred (D&D 3.5e, GURPS etc): I'm open for everything except for Sci-fi, or could be but have had some bad experiences with it.
Game System(s) Experience: Trudvagn Chronicles, Mutant, Symbaroum, some 5E.
Character(s) (what you'd ideally like to play, in no more than 5 lines): I thrive in roleplay, and enjoy playing a character that develops during the sessions. I enjoy all classes as long as I enjoy my characters background and the story/roleplay. I've tried to play all out egotistic and total goodie-two-shoes characters but always ends up with a more nuanced character depending on what develops. I mend parties, as in I make relations with everyone and smooth things along when peoples interests don't align.

Galbadine
March 17th, 2019, 09:32
Bump. Resource for EU players and GMs alike.

Enr1702
March 17th, 2019, 20:48
Hello there. Looking to see how Fantasygrounds work and hopefully found a nice group.

Fantasy Grounds License: Demo.
Availability (Days & Times): Any day except Tuesday. 18:00 - 23:30.
Communications (Voice software, text, video etc): Any. Discord preferred.
Fantasy Grounds Experience: New, have not tried it.
Game System(s) Preferred (D&D 3.5e, GURPS etc): Pathfinder, D&D5e, Starfinder, Shadowrun, Blades in the Dark, City of Mist. Then pretty much anything.
Game System(s) Experience: D&D3.5, Midnight, Pathfinder, Call of Cthulhu, D&D5e, Blades in the Dark, 10 candles.
Character(s) (what you'd ideally like to play, in no more than 5 lines): I find this depends too much on the system and the party to give a good answer and do not have a character or vision I am "set on" bringing to life as of right now.
What would motivate your character to adventure? (Hiding, thrill seeker, etc): Since I have no character in mind, I guess I'll just answer generally. The character will probably want to uncover the mysteries of the world and make some quick riches while doing so.
I have about 10 years or experience. Mostly playing, some DMing. Right now I'm particularily keen on Pathfinder due to a podcast I've been listening to and the fact that pathfinder seem to have a lot of cool and different adventure paths. I love the sense of wonder and excitement that comes with playing something I do not know how will go, in addition to the cameraderie that comes to life in a good group! I like a game that has a balance and is neither fully RP, just exploring, nor only rolling. Guess that means I like everything in moderation. I like games that challenge us and that consequences are a reality, but at the same time not dying ever session.

Looking to be a player for now and I hope to hear from you!

AsheBoxx
March 18th, 2019, 23:46
Availability (Days & Times): Sat - Tues Evenings ( After 5pm until whenever) Wed Evenings (5-12pm)
Communications (Voice software, text, video etc): Discord Pref. But can use anything
Fantasy Grounds Experience: DM'd LMoP up until part 3. Know the basics of the program.
Game System(s) Preferred (D&D 3.5e, GURPS etc): D&D 5E but interested in learning Starfinder.
Game System(s) Experience: D&D 5e
Character(s) (what you'd ideally like to play, in no more than 5 lines): I'm open to play any kind of character or class if the group needs something but if i was to choose personally probably a Monk/Bard Halfling/Tiefling. I'm not overly fussy
What would motivate your character to adventure? (Hiding, thrill seeker, etc): Would greatly depend on the character I play.
About me (Other relevant information. eg You're happy to play any character/system, GM experience etc): I'm 24 mainly looking to be a player in a D&D5e campaign but would also like to try Starfinder if someone is willing to teach a newbie. I've only played about 8 sessions of 4 hours each with 2 different groups of D&D5e, half as a player half as a DM. I like all aspects of the game and like a good balance of roleplay and dice rolling goodness. I enjoy creating characters so I can play any Class / Race. I'm still a relatively new player so I don't know everything but I like to think I'm a fast learner.

Lonarandir
March 19th, 2019, 21:29
Hi there,
I am a Scottish GM looking for players. I am new to Fantasy Grounds so it will be a learning experience for me.

I plan on running a Harn campaign using the Mythras (Runequest 6) combat and skill rules with the magic system tuned to suit Harn. If you have ever played Harnmaster you will likely understand why I would choose not to use its combat system, however, Mythras is very similar in most ways.
It has been 20 years since I last GM'd, my group has all grew up and computer RPGs took over the scene, but I am at last looking to getting back into live gaming.

As I said, I am new to Fantasy Grounds, and many of you will know that Fantasy Grounds does not support either Mythras or Harnmaster. I looked at the BRP system, but its functionality is very limited, so I decided to use the CoreRPG ruleset and I am currently inputting information into it. This will take a while and I will likely still be doing so even once I get a game up and running.

I mainly ran AD&D 1st & 2nd editions back in the day, so my experience is pretty much hack and slash, but I hope that I have grown since then and can offer a more rounded campaign.

I will be looking to start up sometime in mid-April, with perhaps an earlier session to get to know each other and plan out characters as a group.

The first game is underway, but I an still looking for more players.

maxut
March 19th, 2019, 21:59
Fantasy Grounds License: demo (willing to upgrade)
Time Zone: +2 gmt
Availability: Monday and Wednesday afternoons
Communications: Discord
Game System(s) Preferred: DnD 5e, 3.5e, Pathfinder, Starfinder
Game System(s) Experience: DnD 5e, Pathfinder, Stars Without Number, Lamentations of the Flame Princes
Character(s): For 5e I want to try the new UA Artificer, but I have plenty of character ideas for different settings/systems :)
What would motivate your character to adventure?: Specifically for the Artificer it would be redemption and learning from lost knowledge and treasure.
About me: Down to play any system, have some GM experience (5e campaign and one-shots).

Tbsmicro
March 20th, 2019, 21:52
Time Zone: gmt
Availability (Days & Times): most days, quite flexible but evenings no later than ending at around 11pm
Communications (Voice software, text, video etc): discord
Fantasy Grounds Experience: know the app, but only played one campaign since purchasing last year
Game System(s) Preferred (D&D 3.5e, GURPS etc): only know 5e and a noob at that.
Game System(s) Experience: was DM back in the day, AD&D, 30 odd years later and still got the bug, son got me back interested but he’s a novice too.
Character(s) (what you'd ideally like to play, in no more than 5 lines): I like playing a magic using character, like to fit to game, much like other posts here, am adaptable but will definitely invest heavily in the character once rolled.
What would motivate your character to adventure? (Hiding, thrill seeker, etc): like the idea of loner type as a youth, finding a calling and working hard to gain the knowledge to show the doubters the character can be someone, now looking for the next thrill, the next experience that gains more knowledge and more kudos.
About me (Other relevant information. eg You're happy to play any character/system, GM experience etc): I’m a 47 yr old male, newbie to fg but willing to commit to a campaign and to learn from more experienced players. Would play any character that fits with game and group, prefer 5e system as it’s what I’ve kinda been trying to teach myself. I understand the game theories and setups but have not been a GM, would like to in future however, once I’ve played a few games as a character.

Sniflet
March 23rd, 2019, 10:10
Time Zone: UTC+1
Availability (Days & Times): Weekdays in the morning hours from 8am-13pm
Communications (Voice software, text, video etc): Discord
Fantasy Grounds Experience: About a year of experience both as a DM and player
Game System(s) Experience: DMing 5 years now for my friends in my hometown
Character(s) (what you'd ideally like to play, in no more than 5 lines): I can play what ever is needed really but my prefered classes would probably be fighter, bard, cleric, druid and wizard.
What would motivate your character to adventure? (Hiding, thrill seeker, etc): Family debt, to redeem myself, to brag about my "heroics" etc
About me (Other relevant information. eg You're happy to play any character/system, GM experience etc): So im a 36 years old guy from Slovenia. I work as a firefighter so I cant play on fixed days, I would prefer to decide on a weekly basis next session. I DM all the time and i would love to switch off for a bit. I think im a easy going guy and i just like to meet new people ;)

Soulbuc
March 24th, 2019, 10:24
Time Zone: UK/GMT
Availability (Days & Times): Weekdays it varies due to shift work - ideally looking for a Saturday evening game
Communications (Voice software, text, video etc): Any
Fantasy Grounds Experience: Am currently running the Yawning Portal series but never played
Game System(s) Preferred (D&D 3.5e, GURPS etc): Any - Looking for something with some life and character development - maybe a streaming/twitch game
Game System(s) Experience: I've only played 5th Ed on FG but played most classic systems table top.
Character(s) (what you'd ideally like to play, in no more than 5 lines): I lean toward helpful characters, I like to bond with my party and form relationships of friendship - I think this builds for greater adventures rather than being in it for the money.
What would motivate your character to adventure? (Hiding, thrill seeker, etc): It's the right thing to do, no matter the appearance on the surface.
About me (Other relevant information. eg You're happy to play any character/system, GM experience etc): I am 43 and have played RPGS since I was about 10. I have played or ran most of the older systems - DnD, Warhammer, Traveller, MERPS, Stormbringer, Paranoia, Hawkmoon, Harnmaster, Judge Dread, Call of Cthulhu, Dark Worlds, Cyber Punk, Shadow Run, etc...

Galbadine
March 26th, 2019, 13:53
Keeping everyone together.

Please update if you are no longer looking, thanks!

TVexille
March 26th, 2019, 16:15
Fantasy Grounds License: Standard (5E and Xanathar's Guide to Everything)
Time Zone: GMT-3
Availability (Days & Times): Weekdays 8pm+ my time
Communications (Voice software, text, video etc): discord, zoom, FG. Message preferred but can video and voice.
Fantasy Grounds Experience:little
Game System(s) Preferred (D&D 3.5e, GURPS etc):D&d 5e
Game System(s) Experience: plenty
Character(s) (what you'd ideally like to play, in no more than 5 lines): I like to play a cast-out Dwarf Barbarian with unresolved issues with his clan and family, who looks very aggressive and unapproachable but is actually kind of soft inside. I also like to play a half-elf bard deeply entrenched in humor to hide his fear of rejection. He was badly hurt by a a human past lover (which was his muse) and will be very defensive when dealing with other humans, but most of the time (unless forced to his edge or in a very uncomfortable and tight situation) will try to humor his way out of it so no one can notice.
About me (Other relevant information. eg You're happy to play any character/system, GM experience etc): I am happy and open to play other characters as long as they have a solid background upon which I can build (I am very into RP, sure more so than hack and slash). I have some GM experience IRL D&D, but would prefer to be a player.
What would motivate your character to adventure? (Hiding, thrill seeker, etc): The barbarian secretly wishes to build enough of a reputation so its clan will grow back to admire it, but this is not usually very clear in his head and he will not always make the right choices to achieve that goal. The bard would like to achieve a position of power in human society (not exactly a systemic one - like nobility - given his chaotic nature, but a more 'backstage influence' one, to be the one 'secretly pulling the strings'), since a previous human muse and lover left him and hurt him pretty bad, and he has since (secretly) redirected that rejection against the entire human race.

Rhaco
March 30th, 2019, 14:15
Time Zone: GMT -5
Availability (Days & Times): Available from 13:00 GMT to 22:00 GMT (I can bend a little on that to accommodate a great group)
Communications (Voice software, text, video etc): I'm willing to adjust to the GM here. I'll grab whatever software they want to use for that. I prefer text and voice to video, but can get on board with video.
Fantasy Grounds Experience: I've played some pickup games and had a short run with a group, but I'd still consider myself a beginner. I do know how to function within the program though, so I shouldn't need too much hand holding on how to do basic things.
Game System(s) Preferred (D&D 3.5e, GURPS etc): I've only tried a couple of systems and want to try more, so I'll learn whatever system the group is playing. If you give me a couple days warning, I'll grab the books and get familiar with them.
Game System(s) Experience: I've played a couple of Savage Worlds and 5e one-offs. I also played through a longer campaign in the Reign system.
Character(s) (what you'd ideally like to play, in no more than 5 lines): I don't really have a preference. From a combat perspective, I'll play whatever the group needs, and in terms of RP, I'll just want to play what sounds like the most fun to me within the world/system at the time.
What would motivate your character to adventure? (Hiding, thrill seeker, etc): I don't really have a character in mind yet, but I like characters that have a solid backstory, so of those two "hiding," sounds more interesting than "thrill seeker," but there's something to be said for the "wants to see the world," type of character.
About me (Other relevant information. eg You're happy to play any character/system, GM experience etc): I'm American, but my availablility is in the afternoon here, so an EU group is almost certainly my best option. I don't have much RP experience, but I'm ready to learn and willing to do the work to get a system figured out in time for a campaign. I am excited to play whatever character/system is needed. I tend to play a lot of support roles in video games, so I'm up for doing what benefits the group dynamic. Just let me know what you need, odds are I'm up for giving it a try since a lot of this is new to me. Oh, and I'll just give a blanket apology for America as of late right off the bat so we can all start out on the right foot. I tried to stop this crap, I really really did.
Thanks!

Jetran
March 30th, 2019, 14:43
Time Zone: CET (UTC+1)
Availability (Days & Times): I am very flexible at the moment
Communications (Voice software, text, video, etc): Discord, I can use/download other programs.
Fantasy Grounds Experience: I have followed the CC101 and DM101 classes at fantasy grounds collage
Game System(s) Preferred (D&D 3.5e, GURPS etc): D&D5e, Starfinder
Game System(s) Experience: With D&D5e a lot as DM, not as much as a player, with SF I 1 campaign.
Character(s) (what you'd ideally like to play, in no more than 5 lines): example for dnd: Arthur Pendragon, Merlin has sent him to another world. Why or how he needs to find out!
What would motivate your character to adventure? (Hiding, thrill seeker, etc): Looking for places where magic is used to find Merlin, being an adventurer is the easiest way to find that flavor of trouble.
About me (Other relevant information. eg You're happy to play any character/system, GM experience, etc): I have a lot of DM experience and want to have some more player experience, no one of my local players want to take the role of DM so I try to find it online. I have experience in using roll20 but looking at the prices I am thinking of going to FG. Before I do that I would like to play and get a feel of the UI before I go and buy a license/books. For DMs looking for more Starfinder players, if you are not above helping someone learn the rules, I would be very eager to play!

Tbsmicro
March 30th, 2019, 15:58
Time Zone: gmt
Availability (Days & Times): most days, quite flexible but evenings no later than ending at around 11pm
Communications (Voice software, text, video etc): discord
Fantasy Grounds Experience: know the app, but only played one campaign since purchasing last year
Game System(s) Preferred (D&D 3.5e, GURPS etc): only know 5e and a noob at that.
Game System(s) Experience: was DM back in the day, AD&D, 30 odd years later and still got the bug, son got me back interested but he’s a novice too.
Character(s) (what you'd ideally like to play, in no more than 5 lines): I like playing a magic using character, like to fit to game, much like other posts here, am adaptable but will definitely invest heavily in the character once rolled.
What would motivate your character to adventure? (Hiding, thrill seeker, etc): like the idea of loner type as a youth, finding a calling and working hard to gain the knowledge to show the doubters the character can be someone, now looking for the next thrill, the next experience that gains more knowledge and more kudos.
About me (Other relevant information. eg You're happy to play any character/system, GM experience etc): I’m a 47 yr old male, newbie to fg but willing to commit to a campaign and to learn from more experienced players. Would play any character that fits with game and group, prefer 5e system as it’s what I’ve kinda been trying to teach myself. I understand the game theories and setups but have not been a GM, would like to in future however, once I’ve played a few games as a character.

Now sorted with group thanks.

dmkevin
March 30th, 2019, 16:16
I am an EU/UK based dm looking for EU players for Tomb of Annihilation campaign to start Thursday, April 28th 2019.

Galbadine
April 2nd, 2019, 02:35
Playing keeps-uppy.

Thanks for the game post dmkevin ��

Calum
April 6th, 2019, 23:44
Looking for players for a Savage Worlds Last Parsec campaign that is just about to start. Game times Mondays 8pm-11pm UK time, initialy on a fortnightly basis. Newbies to Savage Worlds welcome. Will be using Discord for voice comms. Fairly casual group. I have ultimate licence so demo users welcome. Any questions send me a PM here or grab me in FG discord where I go by the name Orsik.

Ahoggya
April 8th, 2019, 20:40
You might looking into the More Core system which expands on the Core rpg setup. They have done a great deal of work on it and handles almost any dice formula out there.

Tyl0rian
April 9th, 2019, 16:54
im out

Zarestia
April 14th, 2019, 23:00
Hello,

I am looking for 1-2 german speaking players (I'm not confident enough to run english games yet ...). Players and GM have up to 1 year of D&D 5e experience, so rather new :)
Therefore we want to play Lost Mine of Phandelver which could evolve into a SKT campaign afterwards.

Time Zone: UTC+2
Availability (Days & Times): Friday 7:30pm, for 2-4 hours
Communications (Voice software, text, video etc): Discord

You can PM me for more information or questions.

We're full!

Lostrut
April 17th, 2019, 11:04
Hey there :)

Time Zone:UTC+2 (MESZ)
Availability (Days & Times): Wednesday to Friday 7pm-11pm, Weekend might work but probably not weekly
Communications (Voice software, text, video etc): Anything works for me, currently using Discord and TS quite frequently
Fantasy Grounds Experience:2 years+, mostly as DM
Game System(s) Preferred (D&D 3.5e, GURPS etc): only played 5e and Pathfinder till now, but willing to learn others
Game System(s) Experience: DnD5e 4+ years, Pathfinder 2+ years
Character(s) (what you'd ideally like to play, in no more than 5 lines): Roleplay heavy PC with a knack for fights, thinking Barbarian at the moment, but pretty open to any class
What would motivate your character to adventure? (Hiding, thrill seeker, etc): Finding purpose - for me this kinda depends on the settign we're about to play in, very happy to work this out with the GM and group
About me (Other relevant information. eg You're happy to play any character/system, GM experience etc): Up to now I've only really GMd. Played a couple of Pathfinder Characters but mostly in person, which definitly feels different than online. I've already DMd several pre-written DnD Campaigns: Hoard of the Dragonqueen, Curse of Strahd and ToA, I'm happy to play either in english or german :)

stephan_
April 17th, 2019, 11:14
LFP: Short Symbaroum introductory campaign, TUE April 30, 5.30 PM GMT (flexible): 3-4 hour sessions for 2-3 weeks (more information in the link) (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?48923)

Edit: Currently all spots filled.

Sniflet
April 20th, 2019, 18:51
LFP

So i'm thinking of running Curse of Strahd adventure. It's a gothic horror setting i'm sure most of you know it. I would run it in the morning hours around 9:00am UTC+2 during the week. Those who are interested pm me ;)
Thank you all, we are full.

Adaghast
April 21st, 2019, 20:06
Availability (Days & Times): Fridays or weekends from 19:00
Communications (Voice software, text, video etc):voice or video
Fantasy Grounds Experience: Newb to online
Game System(s) Preferred (D&D 3.5e, GURPS etc): Don't mind
Game System(s) Experience: Have played pretty much most systems but looking to get back into roll playing after 10 years
Character(s) (what you'd ideally like to play, in no more than 5 lines):Don't mind can flex as required.
What would motivate your character to adventure? (Hiding, thrill seeker, etc): As above
About me (Other relevant information. eg You're happy to play any character/system, GM experience etc): Happy to play any system, have GMd in the past but will look to get up to speed before trying again.

DouglasBryantDE
April 22nd, 2019, 21:05
Fantasy Grounds License: Ultimate, D+D Essentials Bundle
Time Zone: Europe Germany
Availability (Days & Times): Tuesdays, Thursdays, Sometimes Weekends or Fridays.
Communications (Voice software, text, video etc): What ever is needed
Fantasy Grounds Experience: Little, but very fast learner.
Game System(s) Preferred (D&D 5e, GURPS etc): PLayed most systems, but is has been a while
Game System(s) Experience: A fair amout but sometime ago
Character(s) (what you'd ideally like to play, in no more than 5 lines):Ranger or Support / Control wizard
What would motivate your character to adventure? (Hiding, thrill seeker, etc): Nature is loosing the its balance, I do what I can do protect it.
About me (Other relevant information. eg You're happy to play any character/system, GM experience etc): I will play most things, I am looking for role players with experience and maturity.

Galbadine
April 28th, 2019, 09:43
Remember to update as you find a game folks.
And happy hunting :-)

Scree the seeker
April 30th, 2019, 14:38
Fantasy Grounds License: dEMO
Time Zone: BST
Availability (Days & Times):Most weekday evenings
Communications (Voice software, text, video etc): Voice
Game System(s) Preferred (D&D 3.5e, GURPS etc): 3.5 preferred would also like to try gestalt as I have never tried it.
Game System(s) Experience: Played many years of D&D but stopped a few years ago when local group split up
Character(s) (what you'd ideally like to play, in no more than 5 lines): Flexible
What would motivate your character to adventure? (Hiding, thrill seeker, etc): depends on the role

Lonarandir
May 12th, 2019, 21:38
Just a friendly bump so that people can see I am still looking. :)

fatalnightshade
May 12th, 2019, 23:03
Fantasy Grounds License: Not entirely sure i bought a license back in 14 soo
Time Zone: cet
Availability (Days & Times): any day any time really but thursday as i got a game of ars magica there
Communications (Voice software, text, video etc): Voice
Fantasy Grounds Experience: I'd like to say some but god that was years ago like back in 14-15 soo
Game System(s) Preferred (D&D 3.5e, GURPS etc): DnD 3.5, 5E, pathfinder and to be honest mostly any system to be honest id love to learn new things
Game System(s) Experience: sporatic bits of dnd and a tiny amount like two or so campaigns that died early on of pathfinder
Character(s) (what you'd ideally like to play, in no more than 5 lines): flexible to be honest
What would motivate your character to adventure? (Hiding, thrill seeker, etc): wanderlust, lust for power, frankly depends on the character and setting could even be as simple as its the thing that pays the most while being the simplest thing to do

stephan_
May 18th, 2019, 20:05
LFP: PF (1E) Crypt of the Everflame (~ 4 sessions), weeknight (TUE?) 5 PM GMT (more information in the link) (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?49313)

Edit: Currently all spots filled.

Yardaantex
May 25th, 2019, 21:31
Fantasy Grounds License:
Standard

Time Zone:
GMT +1 (CET)

Availability (Days & Times):
Tue, Thu, Fry 19:00 ~ 23:00 and Sat, Sun 12:00 ~ 23:00
Edit: I found an campaign and are no longer available on Thu ans Sat.

Communications:
I have Discord and willing to install what's needed

Fantasy Grounds Experience:
I'm new to FG, so not a hole lot

Game System Preferred:
DnD5e, Pathfinder looks nice, but most fantasy systems would be fine.
And some si-fi I maybe, as long the hole group is nice I don't really mind in what I play I guess.

Game System(s) Experience:
D&D5e, did a homebrew campaign for about a year

Characters I'll ideally like to play:
Don't really have any lined up, we'll just have to sit down and hammer something out.
Thou in DnD5e/ pathfinder I would like to try a druid

What would motivate your character to adventure?:
Again don't have anything linked up, we'll just have to sit down and hammer something out.

About me:
I would like to play in an 50/50 RP and combat campaign.
As for systems I don't really have an preference as long as ppl are willing to show me the ropes I don't really mind.
Considering I am new the RP tabe I would like some more player XP before I try my hand at GMing.

[Edit:] i found some campaigns to play in, updated my availability

Galbadine
May 27th, 2019, 11:43
Bump, for those still looking.

sorrockko
May 27th, 2019, 15:04
Time Zone: CEST +2
Availability (Days & Times): Week days 1500-2200, weekends open
Communications (Voice software, text, video etc): Discord or Skype, open to other means
Fantasy Grounds Experience: Some experience, but not well versed
Game System(s) Preferred (D&D 3.5e, GURPS etc): D&D 5e
Game System(s) Experience: Ive been playing 5e for a few years
Character(s) (what you'd ideally like to play, in no more than 5 lines): I'd like to play a Bard, Rouge, Cleric, or maybe a Barbarian or Monk. I'm pretty open to DM feedback.
What would motivate your character to adventure? (Hiding, thrill seeker, etc): It would depend of the character chosen
About me (Other relevant information. eg You're happy to play any character/system, GM experience etc): I'm looking for a group to get into, it can be multiple shorts/one-offs, or it can be a long campaign. I am living in Germany currently and looking to meet other D&D enthusiasts.

Galbadine
June 5th, 2019, 09:06
Bump, because there are separate GMT requests going up :-)

Vulcarnon
June 5th, 2019, 17:32
Time Zone: Gmt+1
Availability (Days & Times): Monday, Wednesday, Thursday & Sunday 18:30-23:30
Communications (Voice software, text, video etc): Preferably Discord, but can install TS3
Fantasy Grounds Experience: got about 2.5 years experience
Game System(s) Preferred (D&D 3.5e, GURPS etc): Prefer 5e or SW
Game System(s) Experience: got about 2years experience with 5e and about half a year with SW
Character(s) (what you'd ideally like to play, in no more than 5 lines): i got dozen consepts that i would like to try, feel free to message me if you want to know them
What would motivate your character to adventure? (Hiding, thrill seeker, etc):vengence, meeting new people, explore the world, grow as an individual, grow along with others (depends on the consept)
About me (Other relevant information. eg You're happy to play any character/system, GM experience etc): Hi, i am Vulcarnon (Vulc). i'm an easygoing person that likes to cooperate and solve situations with party members.
i love to see situations escalate, eventhough im usually the one who do not cause theese kinds of situations to happen in the first place. i got many different consepts that i would love to try (mostly 5e).
i like the rp parts aswell as the combats.

Naughty Sparkle
June 6th, 2019, 15:11

Time Zone: UTC +3

Availability (Days & Times): Pretty much any day, weekdays are preferred but I'm able to do almost any day.

Communications (Voice software, text, video etc): I use discord most of the time in day to day life but I can use teamspeak if needed. I won't use skype. I can do voice and video without any issues.

Fantasy Grounds Experience: I've played in one really short lived dnd 5e campaign and I've prepared a one Fantasy age campaign that didn't take off. I fiddled around the program to figure out how it works.

Game System(s) Preferred (D&D 3.5e, GURPS etc): I've played and read quite a few systems. I will play DnD 5e but I rather play other games. I'd like to play Fantasy Age, King Arthur pendragon, Classic Traveller, Blades in the dark, Stars Without Number, Older DnD editions (not third or fourth edition.) OSR games (Black hack, Whitehack, Crying Blades or LOFP), Torchbearer or Mouseguard, Different PBtA games (I'd like to try Apocalypse World, Headspace, Monsterhearts and The Sprawl) and why not a weird furry games like Urban jungle or Ironclaw (No Hc svnt dracones "Here be dragons" it is a painful read). I'm wary of savage worlds and GURPS but I can give it a shot, I have GURPS fourth edition and third edition core book(s).

Game System(s) Experience: As stated in previous segment I have read, run and played a lot of games over 6 years. I'm most familiar with Blades in the Dark, 5th edition DnD and some Apocalypse World games mixed in there somewhere.

Character(s) (what you'd ideally like to play, in no more than 5 lines): I tend to play characters that have very grey morals and I enjoy playing characters which morals I tend to disagree with and explore those characters beliefs and how they interact with others. As for "classes" or whatever the game system has I go for support characters or weird magic sort of classes.

What would motivate your character to adventure? (Hiding, thrill seeker, etc): This tends to switch from game to game and it sounds very DnDish question. I tend to go for characters that are broken in some ways (emotionally, traumatized, war veteran) and can't quite settle into normal life, and they yearn for something. Revenge, Cash to support their vice, etc. I don't settle for a long term goal right at the start, after about 3-5 sessions I get a better grasp of the character and what they want.

About me (Other relevant information. eg You're happy to play any character/system, GM experience etc): As stated previously I've played and read dozens of systems, and most of that time I spent as a GM and I've GMd a lot of games for a session or two. Longest campaign that I've played was a blades in the dark game that I ran year or two ago. It'd be nice to play a PnP game as a player, don't get to do that very often.

Chabbe
June 8th, 2019, 20:19
Fantasy Grounds License: Demo atm but im prepared to pay for sub or license if i find a group.

Time Zone: GMT +1

Availability (Days & Times): mon-friday 18:00-22:00 every other week (even weeks 2,4,6 etc), Sunday all day long.

Communications (Voice software, text, video etc): Discord, but can go with pretty much anything. Prefer not to use video but im not opposed to it.

Fantasy Grounds Experience: None.

Game System(s) Preferred (D&D 3.5e, GURPS etc): 5e but im down to try other systems.

Game System(s) Experience: 1,5 years as player 5e.

Character(s) (what you'd ideally like to play, in no more than 5 lines): I will fill any roll.

What would motivate your character to adventure? (Hiding, thrill seeker, etc): Depends on what character im playing.

About me (Other relevant information. eg You're happy to play any character/system, GM experience etc): First of im a guy from sweden mid twenties. I only have experience with 5e currently so I will have to learn new systems if that is the case, so be patient with me. 50/50 balance between rp and combat is nice. I would like to gain more experience as a player before i try my hand at GMing.

Stuart
June 8th, 2019, 20:47
Folks - I'm running a casual Saturday game using Rolemaster set in Middle-earth (Court Of Ardor) - 7:30 PM UK time. we have a couple of spots open. New players (FG and Rolemaster) are perfectly welcome - pm if interested.

dmkevin
June 9th, 2019, 12:10
EU hosted game - Oneshot - tonight (9 June 2019) 19:30 BST

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?49562-One-Shot-5E-D-amp-D-The-Farlington-Riverfront-Rat-Gang-(1st-level)-7-30-10-30-pm-BST (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?49562-One-Shot-5E-D-amp-D-The-Farlington-Riverfront-Rat-Gang-(1st-level)-7-30-10-30-pm-BST.).

Lonarandir
June 9th, 2019, 15:00
Looking for a couple of players for my ongoing Mythras campaign set on Harn. Games are fortnightly on a Saturday 19:00 to 23:00 BST (GMT+1).

Mythras is basically Runequest 6 which is based on the d100 system. Mythras is far more deadly than D&D or any of its derivatives and aims to be more realistic with hit locations and armour providing protection. The magic system is very robust, there being four forms of magic using Magic Points to power spells.

No experience is necessary as we are all learning the system together. If you are interested please contact me.

MeatBat
June 10th, 2019, 15:59
Fantasy Grounds License:Standard
Time Zone: GMT +1 (Germany)
Availability (Days & Times): Fir, Sat (1900-until complete), Any other day 1800-2200
Communications (Voice software, text, video etc): Discord perferrably, but can adapt
Fantasy Grounds Experience: Very Little
Game System(s) Preferred (D&D 3.5e, GURPS etc): Starfinder (very new to this system), D&D 5E
Game System(s) Experience: I have been playing TTRPGs on and off since the mid 90s with the majority of the play being some edition of D&D. I am wanting to spread my wings and try out other TTRPGs.
Character(s) (what you'd ideally like to play, in no more than 5 lines): With D&D i would liek to spread my wings and try different classes. I have been eyeballing the Warlock because i havnt played any spell casters.
What would motivate your character to adventure? (Hiding, thrill seeker, etc): Thrill seeking, hack and slash and good interaction with people
About me (Other relevant information. eg You're happy to play any character/system, GM experience etc): As I said, I would like to have the ability to spread my TTRPG wings as it were and I am open to play different games. I have assisted with DMing in D&D and I have played Vampire Masquarade and Shadow Runner in the past. Looking for a good group to have some good times with.

Quothcraft
June 10th, 2019, 16:44
Hey all, Im looking for 3-5 players to start a new game.
System: 5e D&D
Time slot: 6pm-9pm Sundays GMT+0
GM license: Ultimate

The game will be set in Old Port, a metropolis at the centre of the world of trade. Guild interaction and down time activities are key aspects of the game so Ill be using Guildmasters Guide to Ravnica and Strongholds & Followers as a guide line along with my own take on down time activities. Deal with corruption, hedonism, wanton glory hunting and greed, or get waist deep yourself!
Get in touch if your interested.

Lypse
June 12th, 2019, 08:07
Time Zone: CEST/UTC+2 (Denmark)
Availability (Days & Times): Mon-Sat 20-24
Communications (Voice software, text, video etc): Text, Voice (English or Danish)
Fantasy Grounds Experience: ½ year
Game System(s) Preferred (D&D 3.5e, GURPS etc): 5E, Starfinder, Star Wars
Game System(s) Experience: Most D&D editions, Vampire/Mage..
Character(s) (what you'd ideally like to play, in no more than 5 lines): Warforged Fighter, Drow Cleric, Clone Soldier, Kasathas Mechanic.. Typically female and a non caster class.
What would motivate your character to adventure? (Hiding, thrill seeker, etc): Faith-defender, Revenge-power or Fun-thrill seeking.. depends on the character design.
About me (Other relevant information. eg You're happy to play any character/system, GM experience etc): Absolutely no thanks to PvP or Horror themed games.. otherwise most things are good :)

Chasme
June 14th, 2019, 21:22
Time Zone: GMT+1 (Amsterdam, Berlin)
Availability: Monday/ Wednesday/ Friday evenings, Saturday bi-weekly (plannable) Sunday bi-weekly (plannable)
Communications: Discord voice, video, skype, teamspeak, battlenet launcher. I'm flexible.
Fantasy Grounds Experience: A bit of Dm'ing.
Game System(s) Preferred: D&D, Pathfinder, Dragon age, World of darkness; vampires, werewolves etc. , Star Wars Saga, EotE, Modern d20, WH40k Deathwatch, rogue trader etc.
Game System(s) Experience: All of the above
Characters: I'm flexible it really depends on the setting I'll find something suitable.
About me: Hi There! My name is Chuck, 31 years of age living in Bonn Germany although I am originally from the Netherlands. I'm eagerly looking for a steady group to roleplay with as I'm currently only DM'ing. I'd prefer to be in the players seat for once and hence that's why I'm giving it a shot through this forum in the hope of finding a campaign suitable to my cravings. I don't much care whether it's an existing group or a newly founded one as I'm eager to be apart of any journey! Just hook me up and I am sure we will get along splendidly!

Chasme
June 15th, 2019, 06:14
Bump! Stupid extra post.

Vincent42
June 16th, 2019, 23:35
Time Zone: CET (GMT +2)
Availability (Days & Times): Mondays / Tuesdays / Wednesdays
Communications (Voice software, text, video etc): Discord, Skype, Teamspeak, w/e, currently no video but i would be willing to get a webcam if needed.
Fantasy Grounds Experience: a couple of months
Game System(s) Preferred (D&D 3.5e, GURPS etc): D&D 5e preferred
Game System(s) Experience: ~10 years of D&D (started with 3.5, havent been a PC in 5E yet, but i'm DM'ing a couple of groups)
Character(s) (what you'd ideally like to play, in no more than 5 lines): I like spellcasters in general.
What would motivate your character to adventure? (Hiding, thrill seeker, etc): Hard for me to answer this question as i really like to tinker with the backstorys.
About me (Other relevant information. eg You're happy to play any character/system, GM experience etc): I am happy to fill if a class is needed, I would also prefer a longer running campaign that allows for character development, be it through group interactions or exploring a party members background during an adventure.

Galbadine
June 20th, 2019, 10:07
Keeping it current.

JaskoTheBear
June 22nd, 2019, 18:17
Time Zone: GMT +1
Availability (Days & Times): Most evenings after 6pm, apart from Thursdays
Communications (Voice software, text, video etc): Zoom, Discord, Skype
Fantasy Grounds Experience: Newbie, just learning
Game System(s) Preferred (D&D 3.5e, GURPS etc): Pathfinder, D&D 5e
Game System(s) Experience: AD&D 2nd Ed (Forgotten Realms, Planescape), Shadowrun 1st/2nd Ed, ConspiracyX, MERPS, World of Darkness, Pathfinder 1st Ed, D&D 5e
Character(s) (what you'd ideally like to play, in no more than 5 lines): Sneaky rogues and heavy melee, mostly paladins and similar.
What would motivate your character to adventure? (Hiding, thrill seeker, etc): To explore new horizons, find new places and people, save them from their depraved ways and/or rob them blind.
About me (Other relevant information. eg You're happy to play any character/system, GM experience etc): Hi, I'm Pete. I'm the wrong side of 45 and living on the south coast of Spain. I'm British by birth and moved out here for work. I've been playing RPGs since my teens but took a long break and am recently returned to the scene, but I have plenty of GM and player experience behind me. I'm open to try most systems and fill any role needed in a party.

Rarkas
June 24th, 2019, 07:52
Time Zone:UtC+1
Availability: Evenings, any day of the week.
Communications: Voice, Discord preferred/ts3
Fantasy Grounds Experience: Played a session or two back in a day(mostly pathfinder), would have to remember some details though.
Game System Preferred: D&D 5e/pathfinder/3.5ed D&D
Game System Experience: I have vast knowledge ebout 5 ed - played it on roll20 for few years, 2nd place goes to pathfinder am mostly familiar with a system - played 2 campanies here(both ended prematurely).
Game Type Preferred: Will find my way around any environment ^^
Characters: i get lost of ideas about new PC, tell me about your setting we will pick one that suits.
About me:I am Gracjan, English is my second language, but i am proficient with it, looking for Eng speaking group becouse my last got disbanded and i would like to train speaking some more. i had played paper RPG for years now, even GM for couple of sessions, i am here to look for sum fun time playing( good taste though) and i would love to play some soon, cheers.

Themiskav
July 3rd, 2019, 03:10
FG License: Free
Time Zone: GMT +2(DST) (Greece)
Day(s) of week, frequency, and time:All day available right now. Prefer equally weekly and every other week. Actually I am ok with everything as long as i get to play D&D!
Term: Long-term
Voice: Discord, Teamspeak available as well
Mature Landuage/Content: Bring it on!

Game System(s) Preferred (D&D whatever edition, Pathfinder)

Game Experience: Well, I am kinda newbie at playing D&D but I am really passionate with D&D and I've been looking for a group to play for a long time now. Wish I had the knowledge and expirience to host one but... I have played a couple of sessions on Pathfinder and 4e with handmade maps and boards but I have done my reading with manuals, handbooks, lore etc. Unfortunatelly both of of them stopped cause DMs lacked commitement (I guess) and decided to stop.

Fantasy Grounds Experience: None unfortunatelly. I hope you welcome a first-timer.

Character Type Preferred: I am a paladin type. Every time and in every game I play I pick a paladin. Especially a Dragonborn one (I had even created a 3D model of him on PC using Sculptris!!!). But dont get the wrong idea. I am more than happy to try something completely new so I can learn myself new things and most importand so I can fit, help and support my party with whichever way I can.

What would motivate my character to adventure: Faith, Redemption, Judgement, Thrill of adventuring, Foretold destiny.

About me: I have played a lot of RPGs (on PC) and MMORPGs (especially World of Warcraft, so I know I can hard commit cause I was a raid leader for 4 and a half years, reading 3-4 times a weak for many hours) so I have the experience on this part. I am also very familliar with D&D system due to the endless time I spent on Baldur's Gate. I would consider myself funny, commited, passionate, friendly, team-player and a flying red dragon. I try to be true to the character and I am able to differ myself from my character as to what "I" know and what not, what would "I" think and what not. I am a practical and a tactical person, always trying to read between the lines, heavy-focusing on the story and trying to find any hidden tips. I like combat in our game but I love lore. I dont mind even if one session is full of combat but I get very intrigued if there is lore even IN the fight (some old pal suddenly is fighting against us, a goblin is wearing a neckless which means something to one player do to the background story of his etc.)

Donkeyb39
July 3rd, 2019, 09:14

Availability (Days & Times): Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Alternative Fridays any time after 3-4PM as work nights.

Communications (Voice software, text, video etc): Voice, Text.

Fantasy Grounds Experience: None practical but have been playing around on my own to try understand the system.

Game System(s) Preferred (D&D 3.5e, GURPS etc): only looked into 5E

Game System(s) Experience: None yet

Character(s) (what you'd ideally like to play, in no more than 5 lines): I love magic in everything but feel a fighter would be better for my first character until i get a better grip on playing the game first.

What would motivate your character to adventure? (Hiding, thrill seeker, etc): (Fighter) pride. He is an ex-flaming fist Sargent but was banished and now has to work for the criminal scum to earn bread to eat and would do anything to get away from this life.

About me (Other relevant information. eg You're happy to play any character/system, GM experience etc): This is my first delving into any tabletop role playing game so am equally excited and nervous, however when i become more comfortable im normally quite jolly, enjoy a joke, and can get on with almost anyone. Its meant to be fun for everyone so that's what im here to do. Im happy to place most classes especially as i get more used to the game mechanics (Bring on the fire bolt!). Id love to play through lost mines of phandelver as my first game but im sure most others have played it a million times already so im ok with trying something else.

blacklibrary
July 26th, 2019, 12:59
LFP D&D 5e UK UTC\GMT

FG License: Ultimate (And backed the Unity kickstarter)
Game System: Fifth Edition Dungeons and Dragons

Time Zone: UTC/GMT
Day of week and time: 19:00 - 22:00 hrs Thursday Weekly

Text or Voice: Voice
Voice software used: Discord
Will this be recorded and/or live streamed? No

Roleplay & Combat mix: 50/50
Number of Players in game & needed: 3 current. 1 needed.
Character starting level & equipment: 4 Basic gear.
Character restrictions: None (within reason).

Details of your scenario:

My intention is to run all the D&D published modules. We are current a few chapters into HotDQ and are looking for another regular player.

I have been DMing for about 30 years. I can promise a fairly professional weekly gaming night for anyone willing to commit to the group. One caveat is that you haven't previously DMed or played any of the published 5e campaign books. (A tall order, I know!)

This group will be ideal for someone looking to get into fifth edition for the first time and wants to commit to a weekly games night.

***Please note the UTC/GMT timezone. We are looking for a player willing to commit to a regular weekly game every Thursday 19:00 - 22:00 hrs GMT.***

KushMaster69X
July 27th, 2019, 18:41
Fantasy Grounds License:
Availability (Days & Times): every day after 7:30 except for wednesdays
Communications (Voice software, text, video etc): whatever the group is using
Fantasy Grounds Experience: pretty experienced. I've DM'd several times in the client, so I know what all the buttons do and how to code effects/shortcuts.
Game System(s) Preferred (D&D 3.5e, GURPS etc): 5e, CoC
Game System(s) Experience: experienced with 5e, learning anything else, but I try to know at least how my character works before I start.
Character(s) (what you'd ideally like to play, in no more than 5 lines): I like playing characters that have cool soft skills or can interact well with their surroundings. I've done a lot of murder-hoboing but I want something different. At the end of the day I'm just happy to be playing the game, so I'll do whatever the party wants/needs.
What would motivate your character to adventure? (Hiding, thrill seeker, etc): I like playing characters that are self-motivated (i.e. not exiled/incarcerated/on the run or seeking vengeance) and set out on their quest in order to change the world in some way (start a famous tavern, kill the biggest baddest dragon, make one NPC's life a little better than it was a day ago). edgy stuff gets very old imo.
About me (Other relevant information. eg You're happy to play any character/system, GM experience etc): I've DM'd more than I've played.

Cpumper
July 28th, 2019, 09:10
Fantasy Grounds License: Standard (in a few days)
Time Zone: GMT/BST
Availability (Days & Times): Any day except Tuesday, Friday and Saturday. 9pm onwards.
Communications (Voice software, text, video etc): Discord, teamspeak, skype, whatever really, happy with voice and video.
Fantasy Grounds Experience: Hmm, 2 hours worth..
Game System(s) Preferred (D&D 3.5e, GURPS etc): DnD5e
Game System(s) Experience: Played 5e and WFRP.
Character(s) (what you'd ideally like to play, in no more than 5 lines): A wizard who has heard rumors of great knowledge to be found. This will be adapted depending on the campaign. Happy to play other classes, i have lots of characters ready to go! DEFINITELY NOT MIN/MAXED!!
What would motivate your character to adventure? (Hiding, thrill seeker, etc): Knowledge and power! But again im very flexible with it.
About me (Other relevant information. eg You're happy to play any character/system, GM experience etc): I've only been playing 6 months but thrown myself right in. DM'd plenty of AL games (about 15), happy with the rules. Play in a few campaigns already, hoping to play some of the hardcover modules, (already done LMoP and SKT).