PDA

View Full Version : SWADE Questions

Griffy
March 1st, 2019, 03:06
Just looking through the new rule system. Looks good!

I have a couple questions:

Is there a chase tracker of some type?

Is there any way to allow the player to see when their quick/level headed edge triggers in the chat?

Thanks!

Griffy

flynnkd
March 1st, 2019, 03:38
Level headed effect is displayed in chat when you draw new cards.
You can swap to the chase tracker with a button at the bottom of the CT I believe, looks like 3 cards fanned? It is built into the CT, not a separate feature.

Griffy
March 1st, 2019, 04:09
I find quick displayed for me in chat but not for the characters chat.

I did wonder about the cards button in the ct. Thanks!

Ikael
March 1st, 2019, 10:01
Is there a chase tracker of some type?

Unlike with Deluxe, there is no need to have custom Chase Tracker in SWADE. You can use regular CT, drag cards from deck on any map and play! Currently it is recommended not to use grid on map because range rules are different. There are plans to provide improvements to chase maps but it is not compulsory atm.

Griffy
March 1st, 2019, 16:17
Thank you!

That makes sense and was the part I was not seeing.

Highcourt
March 3rd, 2019, 20:04
Great work on the updated rule set, I have been using SWADE for a Hellfrost game for a while now. Just one thing I noticed and not sure if it has been pointed out yet is the ARMOR rating for Thick leather cap is listed as 6 (should be 2) and Chain Mail Shirt is listed as 8 (should be 3). Minor issues but figured I would point them out. Thanks so much for all the hard work you put into this.

Griffy
March 3rd, 2019, 21:13
Great work on the updated rule set, I have been using SWADE for a Hellfrost game for a while now. Just one thing I noticed and not sure if it has been pointed out yet is the ARMOR rating for Thick leather cap is listed as 6 (should be 2) and Chain Mail Shirt is listed as 8 (should be 3). Minor issues but figured I would point them out. Thanks so much for all the hard work you put into this.

Yes those two became an almost instant running joke when the players saw them exploring the new ruleset. 

edem
March 6th, 2019, 09:13
Will the Adventure Deck be part of the ruleset, and if not, is it planned to be added as an official module/extension?

edem
March 6th, 2019, 10:15
Unlike with Deluxe, there is no need to have custom Chase Tracker in SWADE. You can use regular CT, drag cards from deck on any map and play! Currently it is recommended not to use grid on map because range rules are different. There are plans to provide improvements to chase maps but it is not compulsory atm.

Is it possible to add a very simple image to the ruleset that is basically just the placeholder for 10-12 cards, and maybe some space underneath for extra tokens? That should cover most cases, and it could be just a very simple solid colour with rectangles for the cards.